NATION

PASSWORD

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Poll runs till Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:49 pm

Yes
199
42%
No
205
43%
Do Not Care
68
14%
 
Total votes : 472

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21980
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valrifell » Thu May 03, 2018 4:01 am

Greater Victora wrote:According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, "A sandwich is two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between one slice of bread covered with food." A hot dog only uses one slice of bread folded over.


I know you'd not want to include this because it goes against your point, but for future reference the "B" definition is equally valid as the "A" definition.

"b : one slice of bread covered with food" Linkity Link
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31527
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 am

Valrifell wrote:
Greater Victora wrote:According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, "A sandwich is two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between one slice of bread covered with food." A hot dog only uses one slice of bread folded over.

I know you'd not want to include this because it goes against your point, but for future reference the "B" definition is equally valid as the "A" definition.

"b : one slice of bread covered with food" Linkity Link

You make a compelling point. Many of us now discover that they have eaten significantly more sandwiches than they previously assumed.

User avatar
Dylar
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5422
Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dylar » Thu May 03, 2018 6:46 am

Valrifell wrote:
Greater Victora wrote:According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, "A sandwich is two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between one slice of bread covered with food." A hot dog only uses one slice of bread folded over.


I know you'd not want to include this because it goes against your point, but for future reference the "B" definition is equally valid as the "A" definition.

"b : one slice of bread covered with food" Linkity Link

Is bread not food? Have I actually been eating my dishes?
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31527
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Thu May 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Dylar wrote:
Valrifell wrote:I know you'd not want to include this because it goes against your point, but for future reference the "B" definition is equally valid as the "A" definition.

"b : one slice of bread covered with food" Linkity Link

Is bread not food? Have I actually been eating my dishes?

As far as I understand the phrase, it is implied that the food covering the bread is something else than bread.

User avatar
Conservative Feminism
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: May 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Feminism » Sat May 05, 2018 4:15 pm

By itself? No. It's a meat stick. If said meatstick is put into a bun, then yeah I guess, but not a very good one.
Strive to be the best you you can. Anything less is cheating not only yourself, but the world.

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31527
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Conservative Feminism wrote:By itself? No. It's a meat stick. If said meatstick is put into a bun, then yeah I guess, but not a very good one.

Quality is irrelevant, it is all about the nature of the combined materials.

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cupofchar, Diopolis, Dresderstan, Fartsniffage, Gormwood, Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum, Hurdergaryp, Ifreann, La Paz de Los Ricos, Laniron, Napkizemlja, Nazi Flower Power, Necroghastia, New England INC, Newne Carriebean7, Salus Maior, SD_Film Artists, Shrillland, Sovaal, Tarsonis, The East Marches II, The Huskar Social Union, The New California Republic, Vassenor, Veceria, Venkara, Xuloqoia

Advertisement

Remove ads