NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control III - the Gunnening

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gun Control n Stuff - Only 2 Options Pick Carefully

If my neighbors dog craps on my lawn I have a god-given right to respond with the use of force up to and including recreational nuclear warheads
643
50%
Guns are literally the embodiment of all evil ever created by mankind, and when the last gun is finally destroyed the entire world will be at peace
210
16%
I'm lame and choose not to use a poll with wild stereotypes about both sides because I'm lame
424
33%
 
Total votes : 1277

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38979
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 am

ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

User avatar
Gig em Aggies
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6817
Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:07 pm


Hell yeah suck it freedom haters. but really I think the Democratic controlled California government will find some way to screw over the company like they do to everyone who doesn't fall in line with the un-American ways.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10213
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:

Hell yeah suck it freedom haters. but really I think the Democratic controlled California government will find some way to screw over the company like they do to everyone who doesn't fall in line with the un-American ways.


Technically, couldn't they just say it breaches CA law regarding "ROF modifications" (aka bump stock ban) as the laws are so poorly/loosely worded that they don't specify which way the alterations need to go to make them illegal....

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Gig em Aggies
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6817
Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:50 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:Hell yeah suck it freedom haters. but really I think the Democratic controlled California government will find some way to screw over the company like they do to everyone who doesn't fall in line with the un-American ways.


Technically, couldn't they just say it breaches CA law regarding "ROF modifications" (aka bump stock ban) as the laws are so poorly/loosely worded that they don't specify which way the alterations need to go to make them illegal....

I'm pretty sure they are already doing that. In reality the Feds should just let California go since it is so out of whack with US constitutional rights.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

User avatar
Gun Manufacturers
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9394
Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Technically, couldn't they just say it breaches CA law regarding "ROF modifications" (aka bump stock ban) as the laws are so poorly/loosely worded that they don't specify which way the alterations need to go to make them illegal....

I'm pretty sure they are already doing that. In reality the Feds should just let California go since it is so out of whack with US constitutional rights.


I'm hoping the Feds roll up a thick newspaper, and smack California squarely on the nose (aka take them to federal court).
Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...


Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo


Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.


Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

User avatar
Grinning Dragon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6440
Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:I'm pretty sure they are already doing that. In reality the Feds should just let California go since it is so out of whack with US constitutional rights.


I'm hoping the Feds roll up a thick newspaper, and smack California squarely on the nose (aka take them to federal court).


*Release the Thomasanator*
I think it would be best to let justice Thomas take the lead on those and the other 8 just nod in agreement with Thomas.
I prefer Dangerous Freedom over peaceful slavery! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Gun-Control is the belief that declawing the cat will protect it against other animals; also why are anti-gun people so violent?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery!
Socialism- the herpes of economic systems.
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead. Proud American infidel since the 1970's-Deus Vult
The made up term "toxic masculinity" is founded on nonsense psychologism

User avatar
Gig em Aggies
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6817
Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:
I'm hoping the Feds roll up a thick newspaper, and smack California squarely on the nose (aka take them to federal court).


*Release the Thomasanator*
I think it would be best to let justice Thomas take the lead on those and the other 8 just nod in agreement with Thomas.

just change Stewie and Brian to the SCOTUS and you have a meme for 2nd amendment supporters ----> https://youtu.be/dLljAXysNtM
Last edited by Gig em Aggies on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

User avatar
Grinning Dragon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6440
Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard – How Did Your State Do?
My state did great, after all an "F" = "A" for those who prefer dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer Dangerous Freedom over peaceful slavery! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Gun-Control is the belief that declawing the cat will protect it against other animals; also why are anti-gun people so violent?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery!
Socialism- the herpes of economic systems.
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead. Proud American infidel since the 1970's-Deus Vult
The made up term "toxic masculinity" is founded on nonsense psychologism

User avatar
Frostnia
Envoy
 
Posts: 269
Founded: Aug 06, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Frostnia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:20 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard – How Did Your State Do?
My state did great, after all an "F" = "A" for those who prefer dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery.

Damn, mine's only a C-
MT nation composed of people from every nation with a current Antarctic base. NS stats somewhat apply (despite them being generally stupid). I would use my factbooks but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Antarctica is a pretty "cool" place.
I'm not sorry

User avatar
The Two Jerseys
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12634
Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard – How Did Your State Do?
My state did great, after all an "F" = "A" for those who prefer dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery.

Let me guess, for the "10 worst gun death rates" they included shit like "Bubba done forgot to unload his gun before cleaning it" to inflate the numbers.

Because unlike in the "A" states that I've lived in, at no point while I was traveling through Montana and Wyoming last summer did I ever worry about being the victim of a gun crime.
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

User avatar
Licana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16119
Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Licana » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:28 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard – How Did Your State Do?
My state did great, after all an "F" = "A" for those who prefer dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery.

Let me guess, for the "10 worst gun death rates" they included shit like "Bubba done forgot to unload his gun before cleaning it" to inflate the numbers.

Because unlike in the "A" states that I've lived in, at no point while I was traveling through Montana and Wyoming last summer did I ever worry about being the victim of a gun crime.

Of course, if it were based on murders they would have to put non-F states on their list.
Taiwan Number One
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

User avatar
Frostnia
Envoy
 
Posts: 269
Founded: Aug 06, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Frostnia » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:58 pm

The Two Jerseys wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard – How Did Your State Do?
My state did great, after all an "F" = "A" for those who prefer dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery.

Let me guess, for the "10 worst gun death rates" they included shit like "Bubba done forgot to unload his gun before cleaning it" to inflate the numbers.

Because unlike in the "A" states that I've lived in, at no point while I was traveling through Montana and Wyoming last summer did I ever worry about being the victim of a gun crime.

Also note that there are several states with Fs or D-s that aren't on the list
MT nation composed of people from every nation with a current Antarctic base. NS stats somewhat apply (despite them being generally stupid). I would use my factbooks but I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Antarctica is a pretty "cool" place.
I'm not sorry

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53580
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Big Jim P » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard – How Did Your State Do?
My state did great, after all an "F" = "A" for those who prefer dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery.


Texas got an F. Just wait till we pass Constitutional Carry. :twisted:

User avatar
Valklanis
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

RE: Gun Control

Postby Valklanis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 am

Here's my take on gun control.

I'm a proud American, I'm a republican and I own many guns, including an AR-15 and HK USP, along with some hunting firearms like a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 770. I fully support the Second Amendment, and I believe that everyone should have at least some experience at least once with the safe operation of a firearm, just to understand how firearms work, generally. I also don't like calling firearms 'weapons'.

(this is me kinda ranting about the demonization of guns, skip to below for the actual argument lol) I mentioned me having an AR-15 for a good reason. The AR-15 is often, frankly, demonized by the media for being a big bad military weapon and a "WEAPON OF WAR", a loaded term at that. The AR-15 was used once or twice by some units in Vietnam, and that's about it. Some units today I believe use them, but the majority of the US military just use the M4A1 carbine now. Also, the M1911 is a "WEAPON OF WAR" too, so does that make it more dangerous now? The AK-47 shoots a more powerful round than the AR-15 and is cheaper, but it never gets attention by the media because we don't use it in the military, and it doesn't look "military-like" compared to the AR-15, M4A1, HK416, ect. Also, fun fact, handguns kill more people than rifles. Not just assault rifles, but all rifles, in general ( SOURCE ). Figured I mention that too. I digress though.

I think that the people who open-carry inside Wal-Mart and gas stations and stuff is kinda douchey, to be honest. Like, if you walked into a store with a firearm, what do you think people are gonna assume? I'd assume robbery. However, however bullshity it might be, it's a right given to us by the constitution, and it must be protected. In most circumstances, in my opinion, open-carry is perfectly fine. Open-carrying a handgun for your protection is reasonable I believe. For those who don't know, it is unfortunately easy to modify an assault-rifle styled firearm, like the AK-47, to fire fully automatically. In Layman's terms, all you need to do is file off a little mechanism that stops the firearm from firing fully automatic. That was very simplified, so other gun enthusiasts, please don't murder me in a reply lol. Of course, a piece of paper that says, "You can't have fully automatic firearms!" doesn't stop someone who has their heart set on getting one from making their gun shoot full-auto. While I'm not quite sure how to stop people from doing that, besides the outright, "BAN THE GUNS THEN" claim, I think some sort of harsher punishment needs to be enforced on those who are caught with illegally modified firearms, and the government should start cracking down HARD on illegally modified or obtained guns.

tl;dr: Guns aren't inherently bad, just need to make more effort to find criminals who do illegal shit with them and start crackin' down on illegally obtained/modified firearms.

Sorry for mistakes in this post by the way, it's 4:30 AM where I am lol. Please correct anything I've mistaken or gotten wrong for me, if you find anything.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12368
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:12 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:Giffords Gun Control Org Releases Annual Gun Control Scorecard – How Did Your State Do?
My state did great, after all an "F" = "A" for those who prefer dangerous liberty over peaceful slavery.

My state is almost at an F.
Patriotic centrist American, who is right leaning. I support the Bill of Rights. I have no loyalty to any party. Expand or die. That's how humanity works. Science fiction is the best genre. The solar system is ours for the taking. I am a male. You can't spell team without "me". I support the troops.
Call me Pax. I take things literally, being a literal person.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets.
#colonizemars
TANSTAAFL
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it

The country is the people, not the gov't
Doomsday is inevitable. Learn to survive.
Quotes
Pro:Bill of Rights,guns,centrism,capitalism,socialism,space exploration,Christianity,privacy
Anti: Trump,Clinton,fascism,Communism,big business

User avatar
The Emerald Legion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7167
Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:05 am

Valklanis wrote:Here's my take on gun control.

I'm a proud American, I'm a republican and I own many guns, including an AR-15 and HK USP, along with some hunting firearms like a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 770. I fully support the Second Amendment, and I believe that everyone should have at least some experience at least once with the safe operation of a firearm, just to understand how firearms work, generally. I also don't like calling firearms 'weapons'.

(this is me kinda ranting about the demonization of guns, skip to below for the actual argument lol) I mentioned me having an AR-15 for a good reason. The AR-15 is often, frankly, demonized by the media for being a big bad military weapon and a "WEAPON OF WAR", a loaded term at that. The AR-15 was used once or twice by some units in Vietnam, and that's about it. Some units today I believe use them, but the majority of the US military just use the M4A1 carbine now. Also, the M1911 is a "WEAPON OF WAR" too, so does that make it more dangerous now? The AK-47 shoots a more powerful round than the AR-15 and is cheaper, but it never gets attention by the media because we don't use it in the military, and it doesn't look "military-like" compared to the AR-15, M4A1, HK416, ect. Also, fun fact, handguns kill more people than rifles. Not just assault rifles, but all rifles, in general ( SOURCE ). Figured I mention that too. I digress though.

I think that the people who open-carry inside Wal-Mart and gas stations and stuff is kinda douchey, to be honest. Like, if you walked into a store with a firearm, what do you think people are gonna assume? I'd assume robbery. However, however bullshity it might be, it's a right given to us by the constitution, and it must be protected. In most circumstances, in my opinion, open-carry is perfectly fine. Open-carrying a handgun for your protection is reasonable I believe. For those who don't know, it is unfortunately easy to modify an assault-rifle styled firearm, like the AK-47, to fire fully automatically. In Layman's terms, all you need to do is file off a little mechanism that stops the firearm from firing fully automatic. That was very simplified, so other gun enthusiasts, please don't murder me in a reply lol. Of course, a piece of paper that says, "You can't have fully automatic firearms!" doesn't stop someone who has their heart set on getting one from making their gun shoot full-auto. While I'm not quite sure how to stop people from doing that, besides the outright, "BAN THE GUNS THEN" claim, I think some sort of harsher punishment needs to be enforced on those who are caught with illegally modified firearms, and the government should start cracking down HARD on illegally modified or obtained guns.

tl;dr: Guns aren't inherently bad, just need to make more effort to find criminals who do illegal shit with them and start crackin' down on illegally obtained/modified firearms.

Sorry for mistakes in this post by the way, it's 4:30 AM where I am lol. Please correct anything I've mistaken or gotten wrong for me, if you find anything.


Honestly, the ban on fully automatic weapons is in and of itself illegal/unconstitutional.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

To infringe on something is to limit it. It's literally unconstitutional to put any limits on civilian militarization.
"I must play this game by my rules/ I will conquer the world with my tools/ All my machines are made for destruction/ I will build my empire/ I will succeed and you will see/ With my machines there is no retreat." ~ E.G.G.M.A.N.
I frequently lapse into self parody, that isn't to say that I don't have extreme views, just that I occasionally go over the top for comedic effect.
Genivaria wrote:The Emerald Legion is NSG's personal Reaper.

The Drone Empire wrote:"Enlighten the willing, enslave the conquered, eradicate the defiant."
A typical Legionary strategy meeting.
The appropriate pronoun for me is It.
Philosophically Biophobic.

User avatar
Valklanis
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Valklanis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:46 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Honestly, the ban on fully automatic weapons is in and of itself illegal/unconstitutional.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

To infringe on something is to limit it. It's literally unconstitutional to put any limits on civilian militarization.


Correct you are, my friend! I just didn't want to delve into it. I've always boiled the Second Amendment down into, "If the military can have it, the citizenry should be able to have it too". Obviously with some exceptions, like uh, fuckin' nuclear warheads and uuuuuhhhhh napalm bombs lol.

In an entirely hypothetical and just-for-explanation situation, the military could pretty easily outgun civilians, even the civilians who own fully automatic firearms, and the few who can actually own and operate the heavy duty vehicles with live guns on them. To avoid tyranny, I think it's only fair that the Second Amendment protects fully automatic firearms.
Last edited by Valklanis on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grinning Dragon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6440
Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:03 am

Valklanis wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Honestly, the ban on fully automatic weapons is in and of itself illegal/unconstitutional.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

To infringe on something is to limit it. It's literally unconstitutional to put any limits on civilian militarization.


Correct you are, my friend! I just didn't want to delve into it. I've always boiled the Second Amendment down into, "If the military can have it, the citizenry should be able to have it too". Obviously with some exceptions, like uh, fuckin' nuclear warheads and uuuuuhhhhh napalm bombs lol.

In an entirely hypothetical and just-for-explanation situation, the military could pretty easily outgun civilians, even the civilians who own fully automatic firearms, and the few who can actually own and operate the heavy duty vehicles with live guns on them. To avoid tyranny, I think it's only fair that the Second Amendment protects fully automatic firearms.


One critique I would like to posit in your previous post, would be to avoid the use of generalized phrases such as:
along with some hunting firearms like a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 770.

Just about 99% of firearms can be used to hunt game. Setting up a difference in firearms where none exist, plays into those who would love nothing more than to ban a firearm based on cosmetics. I will admit I too had been guilty of doing the same.
I prefer Dangerous Freedom over peaceful slavery! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Gun-Control is the belief that declawing the cat will protect it against other animals; also why are anti-gun people so violent?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery!
Socialism- the herpes of economic systems.
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead. Proud American infidel since the 1970's-Deus Vult
The made up term "toxic masculinity" is founded on nonsense psychologism

User avatar
Grinning Dragon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6440
Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 am

Ahh, from the tales of a self professed ballistics expert because "I'm in the medical field" is another story of how bullets from an AR15 are some how "MORE" dangerous and deadly than say, oh, I don't know a bolt action firearm or one that looks like granddaddies rifle and proceeds to interject her laughable professional ballistics acumen at every turn in comparing a .223/5.56x45 to that of a 9mm.

The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun

Perhaps the wankstain should just stick to her intended profession and be thought a fucking moron than to remove all doubt by opening her mouth.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
I prefer Dangerous Freedom over peaceful slavery! Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Gun-Control is the belief that declawing the cat will protect it against other animals; also why are anti-gun people so violent?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery!
Socialism- the herpes of economic systems.
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead. Proud American infidel since the 1970's-Deus Vult
The made up term "toxic masculinity" is founded on nonsense psychologism

User avatar
Valklanis
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jan 15, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Valklanis » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 am

Grinning Dragon wrote:
One critique I would like to posit in your previous post, would be to avoid the use of generalized phrases such as:
along with some hunting firearms like a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 770.

Just about 99% of firearms can be used to hunt game. Setting up a difference in firearms where none exist, plays into those who would love nothing more than to ban a firearm based on cosmetics. I will admit I too had been guilty of doing the same.


Hmm, never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. I'll have to start correcting myself in the future then. Thanks for pointing that out lol

Grinning Dragon wrote:Ahh, from the tales of a self professed ballistics expert because "I'm in the medical field" is another story of how bullets from an AR15 are some how "MORE" dangerous and deadly than say, oh, I don't know a bolt action firearm or one that looks like granddaddies rifle and proceeds to interject her laughable professional ballistics acumen at every turn in comparing a .223/5.56x45 to that of a 9mm.

The bullets fired by an AR-15 are different: They travel at a higher velocity and are far more lethal than routine bullets fired from a handgun. The damage they cause is a function of the energy they impart as they pass through the body. A typical AR-15 bullet leaves the barrel traveling almost three times faster than—and imparting more than three times the energy of—a typical 9mm bullet from a handgun

Perhaps the wankstain should just stick to her intended profession and be thought a fucking moron than to remove all doubt by opening her mouth.


Reminds me of that news station that was like, "Check out the damage caused by this AR-15!" or somethin', and it was like a fuckin' TWELVE GAUGE SHOTGUN that just blows a watermelon, which is like 5 meters away, to bits lol

found the video lol

(I made two posts on accident addressing both replies, then realized what I did, so I just edited this lol)
Last edited by Valklanis on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hammer Britannia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5184
Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hammer Britannia » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:00 am


How the hell would someone fall for this?
The FN FAL fetishist, Bisexual Libertarian Pagan, 27-year-old Boomer your mom warned you about
Supreme Dictator WA delegate of The Labyrinth. Please join, we have memes
Ifreann wrote:Having coined the name, I offer NSG this wisdom.

If you meet Witch Hitler, kill her.

Credit to this glorious flag go to Yegla Islands

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10213
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:02 am

Hammer Britannia wrote:

How the hell would someone fall for this?


Have you met an anti gunner before?

They wouldn't exist if facts alone were the deciding factor in the debate.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Gig em Aggies
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6817
Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:07 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:How the hell would someone fall for this?


Have you met an anti gunner before?

They wouldn't exist if facts alone were the deciding factor in the debate.

I know a guy who can sniff out fake news. but I read the state grading map and wouldn't you know it almost every single Red state got an F while states that are blue got an A even though most murders and crimes with guns occur in the blue A states.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

User avatar
Pope Joan
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19503
Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:26 am

His latest response seems to be to come down hard as pro-abortion and anti gun,

like that addresses the issue

but it may firm up his base
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

User avatar
Hurtful Thoughts
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5387
Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:43 am

Valklanis wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Honestly, the ban on fully automatic weapons is in and of itself illegal/unconstitutional.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

To infringe on something is to limit it. It's literally unconstitutional to put any limits on civilian militarization.


Correct you are, my friend! I just didn't want to delve into it. I've always boiled the Second Amendment down into, "If the military can have it, the citizenry should be able to have it too". Obviously with some exceptions, like uh, fuckin' nuclear warheads and uuuuuhhhhh napalm bombs lol.

In an entirely hypothetical and just-for-explanation situation, the military could pretty easily outgun civilians, even the civilians who own fully automatic firearms, and the few who can actually own and operate the heavy duty vehicles with live guns on them. To avoid tyranny, I think it's only fair that the Second Amendment protects fully automatic firearms.

Napalm is actually legal, surprisingly enough.

Granted, finding a DOT-legal napalm-can is a tad troublesome.
-IIRC, most commercially refurbished flamethrowers are de-facto approved containers for gasoline/napalm and are about as unregulated as tannerite.

Similarily, a bag or tunnel full of oxy-acetolyne and a spark-igniter is legal, too.
-Noise and fire ordnances aside.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Cannot think of a name, Dangine, Dumb Ideologies, Evil Dictators Happyland, Fartsniffage, Galloism, Hillbillica, Hirota, New Bremerton, Ostroeuropa, Phoenicaea, Rockiberg, Shamhnan Insir, The Blaatschapen, The Nihilistic view

Advertisement

Remove ads