NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control III - the Gunnening

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gun Control n Stuff - Only 2 Options Pick Carefully

If my neighbors dog craps on my lawn I have a god-given right to respond with the use of force up to and including recreational nuclear warheads
50%
Guns are literally the embodiment of all evil ever created by mankind, and when the last gun is finally destroyed the entire world will be at peace
16%
I'm lame and choose not to use a poll with wild stereotypes about both sides because I'm lame
33%

Total votes : 1277

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:48 am

East Ustya wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:To overthrow the statetm.

With only small arms?

I mean goat farmers are doing well enough against the US with just small arms.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

East Ustya
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:49 am

Wysten wrote:
East Ustya wrote:With only small arms?

I mean goat farmers are doing well enough against the US with just small arms.

They have more than small arms.
They have RPG,s, Mortars, Rockets, IED,s........
Headlines:
2:(Neo)Paganism is decreasing in popularity after misandric comments made by their leading high priestess.

On the market for a new region.

Novum Texas
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Texas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 am

East Ustya wrote:
Wysten wrote:I mean goat farmers are doing well enough against the US with just small arms.

What country do you live in where farmers have military-grade missile launchers?

Because I need to move there.
Last edited by Novum Texas on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Stats are bad. NS Stats called me a bloody Left-Leaning College state because I allowed maternity leave
Puppet of that asshole known as United American Commomwealth
Current year: 3018
This nation does NOT represent my views.

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 am

East Ustya wrote:
Wysten wrote:I mean goat farmers are doing well enough against the US with just small arms.

Last time I checked mortars are small arms.
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 am

East Ustya wrote:
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:To overthrow the statetm.

With only small arms?

See the nice thing about military technology is it doesn't have allegiances. So when you ambush a platoon on patrol, you can take their gear once they're dead. But it's real hard to do that without a rifle, so we start with the rifle.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 am

Wysten wrote:
East Ustya wrote:They have more than small arms.

Last time I checked mortars are small arms.

Really?
Well still, you can not own them, so......

I am just saying that a few guys with AR-15,s will NOT stop a government army. :)
Headlines:
2:(Neo)Paganism is decreasing in popularity after misandric comments made by their leading high priestess.

Novum Texas
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Texas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 am

East Ustya wrote:I am just saying that a few guys with AR-15,s will NOT stop a government army. :)

Hold my beer
NS Stats are bad. NS Stats called me a bloody Left-Leaning College state because I allowed maternity leave

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 am

Len Hyet wrote:
East Ustya wrote:With only small arms?

See the nice thing about military technology is it doesn't have allegiances. So when you ambush a platoon on patrol, you can take their gear once they're dead. But it's real hard to do that without a rifle, so we start with the rifle.

That will NOT end well, in most cases you would be blown to bits.
IF you even take out the patrol.....

Just saying, they are TRAINED.
Last edited by East Ustya on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Headlines:

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 am

East Ustya wrote:
Wysten wrote:Last time I checked mortars are small arms.

Really?

I am just saying that a few guys with AR-15,s will NOT stop a government army. :)

That's what we said about a bunch of rice farmers with AKs.
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 am

Novum Texas wrote:
East Ustya wrote:I am just saying that a few guys with AR-15,s will NOT stop a government army. :)

Hold my beer

:rofl:
Headlines:

Novum Texas
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Texas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:56 am

East Ustya wrote:
Novum Texas wrote:Hold my beer

:rofl:

If a couple of farmers with muskets can stop the british Empire in 1776, We can stop a America with AR-15s

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:57 am

East Ustya wrote:
Wysten wrote:Last time I checked mortars are small arms.

Really?

Sure they will.

Nobody's stupid enough to line up in an open field and exchange volleys. This is 4th Generation Warfare son. Insurgency. Give any idiot 30 minutes in a hardware store and they have the materials for an IED. Cleetus and his AR-15 can stop a patrol dead in their tracks. Jim and his ten friends are a fighting force that's capable of halting an armored column, causing a few hundred thousand dollars worth of damage, and melting away into their surroundings.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 am

Novum Texas wrote:
East Ustya wrote: :rofl:

If a couple of farmers with muskets can stop the british Empire in 1776, We can stop a America with AR-15s

Not the same, not even a bit.
With a musket you could kill any soldier back than, but an AR-15 is no match against Tanks and Gunships.
Headlines:

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 am

East Ustya wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:See the nice thing about military technology is it doesn't have allegiances. So when you ambush a platoon on patrol, you can take their gear once they're dead. But it's real hard to do that without a rifle, so we start with the rifle.

That will NOT end well, in most cases you would be blown to bits.

Yeah? And? What's your point. You think an insurgency doesn't train? You think that a bunch of rice farmers with AK-47s stopped the most powerful military in the world by luck? You think there's no military veterans who'd join an insurgency?

Mate I dunno how to break this to you but the US Military is not an unstoppable juggernaut capable of smashing anything in its path. It's a hammer. A really great hammer, don't get me wrong. Forged well, made of the best quality steel. Only, hammers aren't so great at killing flies.

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 am

Len Hyet wrote:
East Ustya wrote:Really?

Sure they will.

Nobody's stupid enough to line up in an open field and exchange volleys. This is 4th Generation Warfare son. Insurgency. Give any idiot 30 minutes in a hardware store and they have the materials for an IED. Cleetus and his AR-15 can stop a patrol dead in their tracks. Jim and his ten friends are a fighting force that's capable of halting an armored column, causing a few hundred thousand dollars worth of damage, and melting away into their surroundings.

:eyebrow:
''halting an armored column''
Headlines:

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:59 am

Len Hyet wrote:
East Ustya wrote:That will NOT end well, in most cases you would be blown to bits.

Yeah? And? What's your point. You think an insurgency doesn't train? You think that a bunch of rice farmers with AK-47s stopped the most powerful military in the world by luck? You think there's no military veterans who'd join an insurgency?

Mate I dunno how to break this to you but the US Military is not an unstoppable juggernaut capable of smashing anything in its path. It's a hammer. A really great hammer, don't get me wrong. Forged well, made of the best quality steel. Only, hammers aren't so great at killing flies.

Well those ''rice farmers'' had support from China AND the USSR.
Last edited by East Ustya on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Headlines:

Novum Texas
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Texas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 am

East Ustya wrote:
Novum Texas wrote:If a couple of farmers with muskets can stop the british Empire in 1776, We can stop a America with AR-15s

Not the same, not even a bit.
With a musket you could kill any soldier back than, but an AR-15 is no match against Tanks and Gunships.

I can probably take out a tank

1600 tanks in the US army V potentially tens of millions of armed men?

RIP Tanks

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 am

East Ustya wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Yeah? And? What's your point. You think an insurgency doesn't train? You think that a bunch of rice farmers with AK-47s stopped the most powerful military in the world by luck? You think there's no military veterans who'd join an insurgency?

Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 am

East Ustya wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Sure they will.

:eyebrow:

Yup. Armored column going down the road, Jimbo and his friends detonate 50kg of fertilizer under the tracks of the lead vehicle. That's a few hundred thousand dollars of damage right there. Column isn't moving until that vehicle's repaired or they destroy it before abandoning it.

This is insurgency 101.

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 am

East Ustya wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Yeah? And? What's your point. You think an insurgency doesn't train? You think that a bunch of rice farmers with AK-47s stopped the most powerful military in the world by luck? You think there's no military veterans who'd join an insurgency?

And had knowledge of the terrain
And had the trust of the populace
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 am

Novum Texas wrote:
East Ustya wrote:Not the same, not even a bit.

I can probably take out a tank

RIP Tanks

And where would those ''millions of armed men'' come from?

And with WHAT?
Molotovs?
Headlines:

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 am

East Ustya wrote:

And?

You think nobody is going to fund rebels against the United States? Russia sure as shit would. China too. The US gets to the point where the populace is in active rebellion, the UK and France might get in on the action too.

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 am

Len Hyet wrote:
East Ustya wrote: :eyebrow:

Yup. Armored column going down the road, Jimbo and his friends detonate 50kg of fertilizer under the tracks of the lead vehicle. That's a few hundred thousand dollars of damage right there. Column isn't moving until that vehicle's repaired or they destroy it before abandoning it.

This is insurgency 101.

Ok, fair, but how do you recruit?
Headlines:

East Ustya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby East Ustya » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 am

Len Hyet wrote:
East Ustya wrote:Well those ''rice farmers'' had support from China AND the USSR.

And?

You think nobody is going to fund rebels against the United States? Russia sure as shit would. China too. The US gets to the point where the populace is in active rebellion, the UK and France might get in on the action too.

Meaning AMMO, TRAINING and SUPPLIES.
Last edited by East Ustya on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Headlines:

Novum Texas
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Texas » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 am

East Ustya wrote:
Novum Texas wrote:I can probably take out a tank

RIP Tanks

And where would those ''millions of armed men'' come from?

And with WHAT?
Molotovs?

Molotovs are suprisingly effective against tanks

Trust me, I'm Finnish.

Also, in any armed insurrection, the US would have to have done something to REALLY piss off the US citizens.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General