NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control III - the Gunnening

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gun Control n Stuff - Only 2 Options Pick Carefully

If my neighbors dog craps on my lawn I have a god-given right to respond with the use of force up to and including recreational nuclear warheads
50%
Guns are literally the embodiment of all evil ever created by mankind, and when the last gun is finally destroyed the entire world will be at peace
16%
I'm lame and choose not to use a poll with wild stereotypes about both sides because I'm lame
33%

Total votes : 1277

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 am

Sovaal wrote:
Dylar wrote:Shall we also accept them into the Teutonic Order? and train them as Teutonic Knights, and launch a Crusade into Scandinavia?

What, I thought the Tuetonics launched their crusade into the Baltics. How can we wage a crusade if we don’t even know where we’re going?

Never stopped a crusade before...

Datlofff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Datlofff » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 am

Dylar wrote:
Datlofff wrote:
A halberd would be a little unwieldy in a classroom. Just give the teachers Kreigsmessers. Kill the gunman, and get the iron cross for bravery and service to the fatherland.

Shall we also accept them into the Teutonic Order? and train them as Teutonic Knights, and launch a Crusade into Scandinavia?

Ja. Das ist gut. Für das Vaterland Deus Vult!
Im a slightly Authoritarian Moderate, I believe limited monarchies are the best systems of government, and that every 2016 presidential candidate was an idiot.
I personally feel that most people, in the act of trying to sound smart, often usually don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 am

Albrenia wrote:
Sovaal wrote:What, I thought the Tuetonics launched their crusade into the Baltics. How can we wage a crusade if we don’t even know where we’re going?

Never stopped a crusade before...

Fourth Cursade was a mistake!
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Datlofff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Datlofff » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 am

Sovaal wrote:
Dylar wrote:Shall we also accept them into the Teutonic Order? and train them as Teutonic Knights, and launch a Crusade into Scandinavia?

What, I thought the Tuetonics launched their crusade into the Baltics. How can we wage a crusade if we don’t even know where we’re going?

No see it perfectly makes sense. The muslims aren't in the Baltic's anymore, they are in Scandinavia now!
Im a slightly Authoritarian Moderate, I believe limited monarchies are the best systems of government, and that every 2016 presidential candidate was an idiot.
I personally feel that most people, in the act of trying to sound smart, often usually don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:34 am

Sovaal wrote:

I thought they launched one into Scandinavia? Oh well, even if they didn't it'd be nice to go somewhere new.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:35 am

Dylar wrote:
Sovaal wrote:What, I thought the Tuetonics launched their crusade into the Baltics. How can we wage a crusade if we don’t even know where we’re going?

I thought they launched one into Scandinavia? Oh well, even if they didn't it'd be nice to go somewhere new.

Crusade to New Zealand when?

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 am

Dylar wrote:

How about the Bahamas this time around.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Dylar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 am

Albrenia wrote:
Dylar wrote:I thought they launched one into Scandinavia? Oh well, even if they didn't it'd be nice to go somewhere new.

Now. While we're at it, Crusade to Fiji
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:43 am

Dylar wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Now. While we're at it, Crusade to Fiji

Do you think we can go Crusade in a certain Best country in Asia to take their guns away since they don't know how to control them?
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 am

Albrenia wrote:
Dylar wrote:I thought they launched one into Scandinavia? Oh well, even if they didn't it'd be nice to go somewhere new.

Some time in December. 8)
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:24 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Some time in December. 8)

Ah, middle of summer, nice.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 am

A teacher from the Florida high school where 17 people were shot dead two months ago has been arrested after leaving his gun in a public toilet.

Sean Simpson, 43, absentmindedly left the loaded weapon inside a cubicle, says Broward County Sheriff's Office. It was found by a homeless man who fired a bullet into the wall before Mr Simpson snatched it from his hands. Mr Spataro, who told police he fired the Glock 9mm handgun to see if it was loaded, was charged with firing a weapon while intoxicated and trespassing.

"Fired it to see if it was loaded". Uh huh. Sure. That's like deliberately crashing a car into a wall to check if the seatbelts and airbags work...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Dylar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:27 am

The New California Republic wrote:A teacher from the Florida high school where 17 people were shot dead two months ago has been arrested after leaving his gun in a public toilet.

Sean Simpson, 43, absentmindedly left the loaded weapon inside a cubicle, says Broward County Sheriff's Office. It was found by a homeless man who fired a bullet into the wall before Mr Simpson snatched it from his hands. Mr Spataro, who told police he fired the Glock 9mm handgun to see if it was loaded, was charged with firing a weapon while intoxicated and trespassing.

"Fired it to see if it was loaded". Uh huh. Sure. That's like deliberately crashing a car into a wall to check if the seatbelts and airbags work...

I find it ironic seeing as Mr. Simpson supported for increased gun control.
Mr Simpson had voiced support for additional gun control measures after the mass shooting by a 19-year-old former student at his school on 14 February.
Last month, he attended the March for Our Lives protest in Washington DC.
Mr Simpson also previously expressed an openness to the notion of arming and training educators to fight back against school shooters.
"I know there are some of us that are willing to take the training if it was offered and probably be another line of defence," he said in an interview with MSNBC.
"But again that is a complicated subject and I'm not sure if it's the answer. I think it's easier to get these types of weapons out of the hands of people that aren't meant to do anything but kill."
Last edited by Dylar on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 am

Dylar wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:A teacher from the Florida high school where 17 people were shot dead two months ago has been arrested after leaving his gun in a public toilet.

mmm the irony is delicious.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Arkhall
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Arkhall » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:45 am

Glocks are pretty simple, but is it unreasonable to assume that they didn't know how to check the chamber?

Ransium wrote:If being dirty minded was against site rules I'd be DOS.
Hatterleigh wrote:Sandwiches are a social construct.
Last Plains wrote:I've been given limitless power and I'm in a bad mood.
The New California Republic wrote:Nietzsche is just laughable, it reads like tabloid trash.
I'm a female Tamale cripple with snark and a lewd attitude, my dude.
I own Ikuisuus, and don't take kindly to people who TG me telling me how to run it.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:52 am

Arkhall wrote:

Glocks are pretty simple, but is it unreasonable to assume that they didn't know how to check the chamber?

Or they could have just used the old adage “always assume a gun is loaded”
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:52 am

Dylar wrote:

Mr Simpson had voiced support for additional gun control measures after the mass shooting by a 19-year-old former student at his school on 14 February.
Last month, he attended the March for Our Lives protest in Washington DC.
Mr Simpson also previously expressed an openness to the notion of arming and training educators to fight back against school shooters.
"I know there are some of us that are willing to take the training if it was offered and probably be another line of defence," he said in an interview with MSNBC.
"But again that is a complicated subject and I'm not sure if it's the answer. I think it's easier to get these types of weapons out of the hands of people that aren't meant to do anything but kill."

>these types of weapons ... that aren’t meant to do anything but kill.

So literally every weapon ever made?

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:53 am

Sovaal wrote:
Dylar wrote:I find it ironic seeing as Mr. Simpson supported for increased gun control.

>these types of weapons ... that aren’t meant to do anything but kill.

I guess I can’t cut my steak anymore since knifes are banned
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Arkhall
Spokesperson

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Arkhall » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Arkhall wrote:Glocks are pretty simple, but is it unreasonable to assume that they didn't know how to check the chamber?

Or they could have just used the old adage “always assume a gun is loaded”

As evidenced by the numerous gun accidents that happen in the US, most people don't know proper gun safety.

The New California Republic wrote:Nietzsche is just laughable, it reads like tabloid trash.
I own Ikuisuus, and don't take kindly to people who TG me telling me how to run it.

Arkhall
Spokesperson

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Arkhall » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Sovaal wrote:>these types of weapons ... that aren’t meant to do anything but kill.

Pretty much where Britain is going, honestly.

Dylar
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:55 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Sovaal wrote:>these types of weapons ... that aren’t meant to do anything but kill.

So, would my hands, feet and teeth be banned?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 am

Arkhall wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Or they could have just used the old adage “always assume a gun is loaded”

As evidenced by the numerous gun accidents that happen in the US, most people don't know proper gun safety.

Hence why I support government funded gun safety classes. We could have them as part of school and bring back the Home Ecs class while where at it so people can figure out how to do taxes
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Arkhall
Spokesperson

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Arkhall » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Arkhall wrote:As evidenced by the numerous gun accidents that happen in the US, most people don't know proper gun safety.

Hence why I support government funded gun safety classes. We could have them as part of school and bring back the Home Ecs class while where at it so people can figure out how to do taxes

Taxes and guns, that's 80% of American history right there.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Arkhall wrote:

You never, ever treat a firearms as if though it’s unloaded.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Dylar wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I guess I can’t cut my steak anymore since knifes are banned

So, would my hands, feet and teeth be banned?

If anti gunners were consistent, yes. Personal weapons (hands and feet) kill several times more people than rifles per year.
Hellenic Polytheist, Socialist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General