NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XI: It's Okay To Be Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What stance do you take on immigration?

1 - Full open borders. Sweden's Feminist Initiative model. Which involves doing all one can to prevent deportation of even alien criminal elements as they remain the responsibility of the country they find themselves in.
6%
2 - Full open borders with border security, checks and potential for deportation of harsher criminal immigrant elements. Multicultural model.
15%
3 - Full open borders with border security, checks and potential for deportation of harsher criminal immigrant elements. Melting-pot model.
22%
4 - Limited open borders that sets priories solely on the nations labour requirements.
9%
5 - Limited open borders that prioritises only high skilled labour. Multicultural model.
4%
6 - Limited open borders that prioritises only high skilled labour. Melting-pot model.
25%
7 - Closed borders. Only temporary green-cards, tourism and visas. No other forms of citizenship.
9%
8 - Fully closed borders.
4%
9 - Fully closed borders. No legal emigration.
5%

Total votes : 816

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:55 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:Weaver wasn't using dog whistles in the 1940's, a period of segregation. Where he is being simply racist he is overt about it. To say his criticism of jazz is simply about racism is to dismiss the entire preceding part of the chapter. His conclusions about jazz are entirely consistent from where he's coming from. Indeed, to not have such conclusions would be jarringly inconsistent with his treatment of Western music in general

To detach such sentiments from his racism is to ignore the effects that one's thoughts have on one another. Our worldviews are intricately interconnected, and it's difficult to meaningfully argue for a separation of his racism with the way he characterizes the 'negro' form of music called jazz.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Mujahidah
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Reikoku wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Weaver's critique of jazz is pretty sound, tbh. And it's not like he just hated it out of racism, it's pretty obvious that anyone who thinks Romanticist music is degenerate would hate jazz

Yes, I'm sure the Nazis' were as well.

Hitler ate sugar, Reikoku. I disagree with Parkus but you can't just be like "Yeah buh Nazis." But honestly, that seems like your favorite argument, regardless of relevancy.
Your friendly, quirky neighborhood muslim girl
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
Northern Davincia wrote:Can we engrave this in a plaque?
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Ah, m'lady, if I were a heathen I'd wed thee four times

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:59 pm

It doesn't sound like he's bashing black people, but what sounds weird is: "something in the Negro's spontaneous manifestation of feeling linked up with Western man's declining faith in the value of culture"
Don't understand what he's getting at here.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Reikoku
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Mujahidah wrote:Hitler ate sugar, Reikoku. I disagree with Parkus but you can't just be like "Yeah buh Nazis."

Conserative Morality wrote:

"Jazz is negro barbarism and destroys civilization" - Weaver's idea of consequence
Mujahidah wrote: But honestly, that seems like your favorite argument, regardless of relevancy.

I can taste the salt from here.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:Hitler ate sugar, Reikoku. I disagree with Parkus but you can't just be like "Yeah buh Nazis."

Conserative Morality wrote:"Jazz is negro barbarism and destroys civilization" - Weaver's idea of consequence
Mujahidah wrote: But honestly, that seems like your favorite argument, regardless of relevancy.

Hitler ate sugar is literally a logical fallacy. Excuse me having a preference for legitimate arguments.
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
Reikoku wrote:

Hitler ate sugar is literally a logical fallacy. Excuse me having a preference for legitimate arguments.

Yeah, it's just not applicable here.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

Yeah, it's just not applicable here.

It literally is. That and Godwin. You can call him a racist without resorting to "Lulz nazis said that too." That just makes you look silly.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Aulus Maximus wrote:In order to implement equality on RWDT I hereby declare American Historical discussion outlawed for the next five pages and enforce everyone to discuss the only history that actually matters - European and near Eastern history.

Caesar's Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo when? Really tbh the big mistake was not putting our weight behind the reconstruction of the Roman constitution.

And not crucifying more traitors.
Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft wrote:How did civil rights "fuck up everything"?

They weren't enforced, giving the South and the defeat-worshiping traitors within the idea that they could defy the Federal government, an attitude which persists to this day.

Maybe we should have had some competent presidents actually do their part in going full Andrew Jackson, and threaten to lynch anyone advocating secession at their home for all to see.

Get good.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:07 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:It doesn't sound like he's bashing black people, but what sounds weird is: "something in the Negro's spontaneous manifestation of feeling linked up with Western man's declining faith in the value of culture"
Don't understand what he's getting at here.

You would have to read the whole chapter. He doesn't attack jazz as an isolated thing, but as the culmination of Romanticist impulse to break down discipline and restraint
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Mujahidah wrote:It literally is.

A logical fallacy, specifically a sub-type of Genetic Fallacy, that assumes that anything done or liked by a bad person must be bad itself, taking Not So Different to absurd levels.

Mujahidah wrote:That and Godwin.

Godwin's Law doesn't apply when someone is literally using the same language as the Nazis did.
Mujahidah wrote:That just makes you look silly.

Not as silly as you're making yourself out to look.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Reikoku wrote:Godwin's Law doesn't apply when someone is literally using the same language as the Nazis did.

No, it does. Because the guy wasn't arguing using Nazis, presenting himself as a Nazi, or otherwise endorsing Nazism. The Nazis are irrelevant.

Not as silly as you're making yourself out to look.

Ahhh the storied "no u" response. An argument for the ages, renowned as the H-Bomb of schoolyard arguing. Good one! I am vanquished. I cannot fight against such superior rhetorical whit. :roll:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Wasn't a direct quote, for fairness' sake.

YMMV if that's worse. He uses the coded language of racists to declare Jazz the work of the stupid, primitive, oversexualized, aggressive, lazy... haters of culture.

Weaver wasn't using dog whistles in the 1940's, a period of segregation. Where he is being simply racist he is overt about it. To say his criticism of jazz is simply about racism is to dismiss the entire preceding part of the chapter. His conclusions about jazz are entirely consistent from where he's coming from. Indeed, to not have such conclusions would be jarringly inconsistent with his treatment of Western music in general

So what do YOUUUUU think of Jazz and it’s role in Western society?

IMO, Jazz represents a sort of freedom and power that was not allowed to musicians both white and black in the early 20th century. And peoples’ dislike for it only fueled its power, especially overseas. Modern music could not have grown without jazz.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Mujahidah wrote:No, it does. Because the guy wasn't arguing using Nazis, presenting himself as a Nazi, or otherwise endorsing Nazism. The Nazis are irrelevant.

Godwin's Law doesn't preclude real comparisons to Nazism, such as believing “black people are an inferior unintelligible race and their degenerate music is destroying Western civilization.” what CM stated absolutely is valid to compare to the Nazis. If you want to continue to be obtuse and whine about how unfair it is for racists to be compared to Nazis, do it on your own time, not mine.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Luminesa wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Weaver wasn't using dog whistles in the 1940's, a period of segregation. Where he is being simply racist he is overt about it. To say his criticism of jazz is simply about racism is to dismiss the entire preceding part of the chapter. His conclusions about jazz are entirely consistent from where he's coming from. Indeed, to not have such conclusions would be jarringly inconsistent with his treatment of Western music in general

IMO, Jazz represents a sort of freedom and power that was not allowed to musicians both white and black in the early 20th century. And peoples’ dislike for it only fueled its power, especially overseas. Modern music could not have grown without jazz.

Jazz isn't my taste but I wouldn't call it "degenerate" or any of the other right-wing buzzwords. To be honest it can be soothing and fun sometimes, but its not really my genre in general.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:No, it does. Because the guy wasn't arguing using Nazis, presenting himself as a Nazi, or otherwise endorsing Nazism. The Nazis are irrelevant.

Godwin's Law doesn't preclude real comparisons to Nazism, such as believing “black people are an inferior unintelligible race and their degenerate music is destroying Western civilization.” what CM stated absolutely is valid to compare to the Nazis. If you want to continue to be obtuse and whine about how unfair it is for racists to be compared to Nazis, do it on your own time, not mine.

If you don't want to be called out for Godwin and Hitler Ate Sugar, don't rest your entire arguing identity on them.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo when?

EDIT: Really tbh the big mistake was not putting our weight behind Reconstruction.

And not hanging more traitors.

We did the best we could with what we had. Reconstruction was as stupid as it was idealistic. Grant had the right idea with railroads. Hanging more wouldn't have brought peace quicker, just kept the war longer. We should have given the freed slaves land holdings at the very frontier edge. Not kept them in the South.

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Luminesa wrote:

There's probably some jazz out there which would appeal to me, but for the most part, I don't care too much for the genre.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:47 pm

The East Marches II wrote: We did the best we could with what we had. Reconstruction was as stupid as it was idealistic. Grant had the right idea with railroads. Hanging more wouldn't have brought peace quicker, just kept the war longer.

Longer war, longer peace. =^)
We should have given the freed slaves land holdings at the very frontier edge. Not kept them in the South.

I agree with that much. Forty acres and a mule pls
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Brutus deserved the Tarpeian Rock. That he eventually died by the honorable method of suicide is criminal.

Brutus ought not to have taken the amnesty if he was so idealistic. What an asshole and an oath breaker.

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:50 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Brutus deserved the Tarpeian Rock. That he eventually died by the honorable method of suicide is criminal.

Brutus ought not to have taken the amnesty if he was so idealistic. What an asshole and an oath breaker.

It does add credence to the Anglo claim to descend from Trojans.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Reikoku wrote:

DELET THIS

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Luminesa wrote:So what do YOUUUUU think of Jazz and it’s role in Western society?

There's probably some jazz out there which would appeal to me, but for the most part, I don't care too much for the genre.

I like a bit of it, it’s definitely good chill music. Duke Ellington’s New Orleans Suite is probably my favorite jazz album.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Reikoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Reikoku wrote:

DELET THIS

Search your feelings, you know it to be true. You can already feel the urge to blame Germany and refuse to pay your debts.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Luminesa wrote:So what do YOUUUUU think of Jazz and it’s role in Western society?

I like Jazz for its influences more than Jazz straight on. Like Rufus Harley.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Reikoku wrote:Of course a statist would hate the noble hero Brutus.

'noble hero'

Tell me more about how betraying the man who granted you clemency in the name of a corrupt, oppressive institution of murderers is noble?

Oh, of course, we're using the original meaning of the term. Yes, Brutus truly was a hero of the noble classes who wanted to keep the commons under their heel. =^)

His noble bloodline could not tolerate tyrants, a matter far more important than personal squabbles. Fate would only have it one way.

Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General