NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XI: It's Okay To Be Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What stance do you take on immigration?

1 - Full open borders. Sweden's Feminist Initiative model. Which involves doing all one can to prevent deportation of even alien criminal elements as they remain the responsibility of the country they find themselves in.
6%
2 - Full open borders with border security, checks and potential for deportation of harsher criminal immigrant elements. Multicultural model.
15%
3 - Full open borders with border security, checks and potential for deportation of harsher criminal immigrant elements. Melting-pot model.
22%
4 - Limited open borders that sets priories solely on the nations labour requirements.
9%
5 - Limited open borders that prioritises only high skilled labour. Multicultural model.
4%
6 - Limited open borders that prioritises only high skilled labour. Melting-pot model.
25%
7 - Closed borders. Only temporary green-cards, tourism and visas. No other forms of citizenship.
9%
8 - Fully closed borders.
4%
9 - Fully closed borders. No legal emigration.
5%

Total votes : 816

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Gotta love Protestants. Orthodox and Catholic Christians have a more hopeful view of the afterlife, imo. If one dies, you can still pray for their soul and hope they find peace.

Then ya got Judaism who’s like well it exists, kinda. But enough about that!!

Do Jews have prayers for the dead? Or at least your sort of Jews (reformed, right?).

I know ancient Jews did.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Mujahidah
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:37 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:
Then why dont you define "last resort?"

I thought that was self-explanatory. At least for you.

The fact that I'm bothering to ask kind of shows that it isn't self-explanatory. All I'm asking for is for you to clarify you're position, and define, for me, so that I can better understand your stance, what you mean by "last resort." Its a phrase that can mean lots of things. Basically, where is the line?
Your friendly, quirky neighborhood muslim girl
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
Northern Davincia wrote:Can we engrave this in a plaque?
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.
The Parkus Empire wrote:Ah, m'lady, if I were a heathen I'd wed thee four times

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:There’s a reason why they are called catholic-lite.

Some of them are literally just Catholicism without the Pope.

Well that’s effecitvly the port of the Church. Replace the Pope with the King.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Reikoku wrote:
Questers wrote:Calvinism is the best form of Christianity honestly.

It paints God as a monster who predestines people to be tormented for eternity. Not sure how that's remotely good. Probably the reason I've met so many “X-point” Calvinists.
sry what is x-point?
Restore the Crown

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Then ya got Judaism who’s like well it exists, kinda. But enough about that!!

Do Jews have prayers for the dead? Or at least your sort of Jews (reformed, right?).

I know ancient Jews did.

We have prayers for the dead. All sects do. It’s a running joke that we kinda don’t talk about the afterlife as much as the Christians do. Y’all had to get the prayers for the dead from someone. :p
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Questers wrote:
Reikoku wrote:
It paints God as a monster who predestines people to be tormented for eternity. Not sure how that's remotely good. Probably the reason I've met so many “X-point” Calvinists.
sry what is x-point?

There are a couple different versions of Calvinism. One of them is called '5 point' Calvinism, which are the basic foundational theological principals of Calvinism.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 pm

I see. Theology is acutally kind of interesting
Restore the Crown

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I thought that was self-explanatory. At least for you.

The fact that I'm bothering to ask kind of shows that it isn't self-explanatory. All I'm asking for is for you to clarify you're position, and define, for me, so that I can better understand your stance, what you mean by "last resort." Its a phrase that can mean lots of things. Basically, where is the line?

That's something that you'd have to look up, my apologies that I can't give a definitive answer. But imo, "last resort" is that you've tried talking and all that, but the wife still being bad. Again, look up the Islamic answer to this.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:48 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

That's something that you'd have to look up, my apologies that I can't give a definitive answer. But imo, "last resort" is that you've tried talking and all that, but the wife still being bad. Again, look up the Islamic answer to this.

You're the one making an assertion that there is a line that, when crossed, justifies physical violence (slight, but still physical). I shouldn't have to put in my work to understand your assertion. I'm asking you to clarify that position. You said that there is a line, I want you to define it. And now, I'd also like to know what you define as "being bad" in the bolded context.
The Parkus Empire wrote:To paraphrase my hero, Richard Nixon: she's pink right down to her hijab.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I misjudged you, you are much more smarter than I gave you credit for.
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am not sure I'm entirely comfortable with a woman being this well informed, but I'll try not to judge.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Questers wrote:I see. Theology is acutally kind of interesting

Well, if you're interested in Catholic/Orthodox stuff feel free to talk to me about it, or Biblical questions in general. I'm not an incredibly educated guy but I can answer some questions.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:48 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Some of them are literally just Catholicism without the Pope.

Well that’s effecitvly the port of the Church. Replace the Pope with the King.

That's an oversimplified view of the Anglican Church. Henry VIII's desire to break away from Rome in order to divorce Catherine of Aragon provided the catalyst for the Church of England to break with the papacy, but the Anglican Church that has been passed down through the generations is based upon a genuine religious reformation carried out in England in the 16th century, with a distinct doctrine finalised in the form of the Thirty-Nine Articles. The most "Catholic-lite" strand of Anglicanism extant in the church today actually grew out of the Oxford Movement in the 19th century, which was met with distrust by traditionalist Anglicans including many who viewed themselves as "High Church."

There's more to Anglicanism that securing a divorce for a stubborn king.

EDIT: Incidentally, whilst I am also unashamedly guilty of this perhaps if people wish to continue discussing religion and theology they should take it to one of NSG's religious discussion threads rather than continuing with this threadjack.
Last edited by Old Tyrannia on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:That's something that you'd have to look up, my apologies that I can't give a definitive answer. But imo, "last resort" is that you've tried talking and all that, but the wife still being bad. Again, look up the Islamic answer to this.

You're the one making an assertion that there is a line that, when crossed, justifies physical violence (slight, but still physical). I shouldn't have to put in my work to understand your assertion. I'm asking you to clarify that position. You said that there is a line, I want you to define it. And now, I'd also like to know what you define as "being bad" in the bolded context.

It's not my assertion, it's an Islamic ruling. If you want to know what that line is, and what it means when the wife has crossed a line, you'll have to find the Islamic answer to that as I do not know the line.
As for "being bad" I meant "disobedience".
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Don't worry, I'm not exclusively anti-islam. Just anti-religion in general
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

It's not my assertion, it's an Islamic ruling. If you want to know what that line is, and what it means when the wife has crossed a line, you'll have to find the Islamic answer to that as I do not know the line.

Except it is your assertion, because condoning physical violence against one's spouse is not something that is in any way supported by the entire Ummah. You are making the assertion that physical violence against one's wife is acceptable. I doubt my father - who has never, ever, EVER, put a hand on my mother - would agree with you. You are the one that said that there is, in fact, the line. You say you don't know what it is, but you assert that it exists. Since you are the one who believes in such a line, perhaps you should at the very least attempt to determine what you believe it to be, or at least find information to your satifaction regarding it, then get back to me. It isn't my job to define your assertions. Thats yours.

What classifies as disobedience?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

You actually are capable of giving your own view on this, you know that right?

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:It's not my assertion, it's an Islamic ruling. If you want to know what that line is, and what it means when the wife has crossed a line, you'll have to find the Islamic answer to that as I do not know the line.

Except it is your assertion, because condoning physical violence against one's spouse is not something that is in any way supported by the entire Ummah. You are making the assertion that physical violence against one's wife is acceptable. I doubt my father - who has never, ever, EVER, put a hand on my mother - would agree with you. You are the one that said that there is, in fact, the line. You say you don't know what it is, but you assert that it exists. Since you are the one who believes in such a line, perhaps you should at the very least attempt to determine what you believe it to be, or at least find information to your satifaction regarding it, then get back to me. It isn't my job to define your assertions. Thats yours.

I never condoned physical violence, or any violence between spouses. Not do I know the line, not what 'disobedience' means to the point of light tapping.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Genivaria wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:It's not my assertion, it's an Islamic ruling. If you want to know what that line is, and what it means when the wife has crossed a line, you'll have to find the Islamic answer to that as I do not know the line.

You actually are capable of giving your own view on this, you know that right?

Islamic rulings made by scholars who have studied Al-Islam since it's finalization > my opinion
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:58 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

I never condoned physical violence, or any violence between spouses.

Light violence still classifies as violence, even if its "toothbrush level" as your chosen ruling asserts.

And you didn't answer my question. What, in your view, classifies as disobedience?

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Genivaria wrote:You actually are capable of giving your own view on this, you know that right?

Islamic rulings made by scholars who have studied Al-Islam since it's finalization > my opinion

You cited literally one Salafi scholar.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Islamic rulings made by scholars who have studied Al-Islam since it's finalization > my opinion

I cited more than that.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:01 pm

The "illustrious Count de Maistre" argued that the more extensive a constution, the weaker it becomes. With that in mind, how can we USians trim the fat?

Here are my suggestions for repeal

Commerce clause
12th Amendment. Also 14th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th and 26th
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:01 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:

I cited more than that.

And you still haven't addressed either my other point and question which I will repost here:

Mujahidah wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I never condoned physical violence, or any violence between spouses.

Light violence still classifies as violence, even if its "toothbrush level" as your chosen ruling asserts.

And you didn't answer my question. What, in your view, classifies as disobedience?

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Mao could win a GOP primary, prove me wrong.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

Mujahidah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mujahidah » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:Mao could win a GOP primary, prove me wrong.

Evangelicals wouldn't vote for him

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Mujahidah wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:I never condoned physical violence, or any violence between spouses.

1: It's not my ruling.
2:: It's not violence.
Mujahidah wrote:And you didn't answer my question. What, in your view, classifies as disobedience?

I know I didn't answer the question: idk the ruling.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General