NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XI: It's Okay To Be Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What stance do you take on immigration?

1 - Full open borders. Sweden's Feminist Initiative model. Which involves doing all one can to prevent deportation of even alien criminal elements as they remain the responsibility of the country they find themselves in.
6%
2 - Full open borders with border security, checks and potential for deportation of harsher criminal immigrant elements. Multicultural model.
15%
3 - Full open borders with border security, checks and potential for deportation of harsher criminal immigrant elements. Melting-pot model.
22%
4 - Limited open borders that sets priories solely on the nations labour requirements.
9%
5 - Limited open borders that prioritises only high skilled labour. Multicultural model.
4%
6 - Limited open borders that prioritises only high skilled labour. Melting-pot model.
25%
7 - Closed borders. Only temporary green-cards, tourism and visas. No other forms of citizenship.
9%
8 - Fully closed borders.
4%
9 - Fully closed borders. No legal emigration.
5%

Total votes : 816

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Saw this. Laughed. Had to share.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Genivaria wrote:Saw this. Laughed. Had to share.
(Image)

Saw that in a Discord after I discovered the Boney M song. Rasputin's is a crazy story.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Zanera wrote:
(Image)

Saw that in a Discord after I discovered the Boney M song. Rasputin's is a crazy story.

Dude hoarded his extra lives for the last boss battle but he still couldn't cut it.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Dude hoarded his extra lives for the last boss battle but he still couldn't cut it.

Probably made a deal with the devil, and surviving all of that was divine punishment when the deal ended.

Zottistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zottistan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:09 am

Zanera wrote:
(Image)

If there was ever a man who actually maybe might have had magical powers, it was Rasputin.
Ireland, BCL and LLM, Training Barrister, Cismale Bi Dude and Gym-Bro, Generally Boring Socdem Eurocuck

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 am

The East Marches II wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Next thing you know we'll let the Orthodox in.

I warned you CM, I warned you what would happen if you just let anybody in.

At first I laughed in fond recollection. And then again, but much less comfortably. And then...grief.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Reikoku
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Reikoku » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:25 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:
gonna take me a while to get through this:

I know you aren't particularly a big fan of the new populist and nationalist movements, but you've gotta recognize that hearkening about Reagan and Goldwater has done nothing for us in the last 30 years. We've gotta adapt our message and tactics to the time so as to appeal to future generations.

Edit: scratch that, that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. I totally agree with the article; political minded Christians need to be more engaged in public discourse and not be afraid to take up positions on important issues.

I hate Reagan and Goldwater, but I fear that populist nationalism will get very ugly. :/ Especially in Europe.

Maybe it will toughen European countries up, especially against Russia.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:32 am

Reikoku wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I hate Reagan and Goldwater, but I fear that populist nationalism will get very ugly. :/ Especially in Europe.

Russia very much wants populist nationalism in Europe.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 am

Populist Nationalism does have a risk of getting ugly, I agree.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:25 am

Albrenia wrote:Populist Nationalism does have a risk of getting ugly, I agree.

Then we will just have to make it
A E S T H E T I C
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Aulus Maximus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aulus Maximus » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:27 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Then we will just have to make it
A E S T H E T I C

Populist Nationalistic Nasheeds when?
Caliph Ron al-Pauliyya for American Sultanate 2020
Body is purified by water. Ego by tears. Intellect is purified by knowledge. And soul is purified with love. ~hz. Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra)
Offen love between two people intensifies not because of beauty or some advantage, but because of sheer spiritual affinity. ~hz. Al Ghazali

Western-Ukraine
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western-Ukraine » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:31 am

How much uglier can get it? Europe needs a big push to wake up, maybe the nationalists will help with that.
Factbooks: National Politics
Region: U R N

Politics is a zero-sum game.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:42 am

Western-Ukraine wrote:

How much uglier can get it? Europe needs a big push to wake up, maybe the nationalists will help with that.

I don't know, Western Europe is for the most part impressively vanilla until it absolutely is go time. I am certain that there will be a far more broad nationalistic sentiment than there is currently in the future, but no way without significant concessions to the status quo. There's too much institutional and media power invested in that to change to a rightist flavour and that's even with the full on political retardation we see today.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:52 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Joohan wrote:
Appealing back to the founding fathers and Burke hasn't done us many favors either.

M8 Burke is conservative as fuck, it's just wimps give him a very select reading. Also it's a question of which Founding Fathers: Jefferson is no good, Franklin is no good, but Gouverneur Morris, John Jay and John Adams are gold.

and what has appealing to them over the last 30 years done for us?
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:05 am

Herskerstad wrote:
Western-Ukraine wrote:How much uglier can get it? Europe needs a big push to wake up, maybe the nationalists will help with that.

I don't know, Western Europe is for the most part impressively vanilla until it absolutely is go time. I am certain that there will be a far more broad nationalistic sentiment than there is currently in the future, but no way without significant concessions to the status quo. There's too much institutional and media power invested in that to change to a rightist flavour and that's even with the full on political retardation we see today.

Phew.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:19 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:M8 Burke is conservative as fuck, it's just wimps give him a very select reading. Also it's a question of which Founding Fathers: Jefferson is no good, Franklin is no good, but Gouverneur Morris, John Jay and John Adams are gold.

and what has appealing to them over the last 30 years done for us?

I don't know what you mean by appealing to them. If you mean actually heading their positions and advice, we certainly haven't been doing that over the last thirty years. In fact Burke has been totally bastardized into meaning "slow surrender".

This is the Burke I know

Novelty is not the only source of zeal. Why should not a Maccabeus and his brethren arise to assert the honour of the ancient law, and to defend the temple of their forefathers, with as ardent a spirit as can inspire any innovator to destroy the monuments of the piety and the glory of ancient ages? It is not a hazarded assertion, it is a great truth, that when once things are gone out of their ordinary course, it is by acts out of the ordinary course they can alone be re-established. Republican spirit can only be combated by a spirit of the same nature: of the same nature, but informed with another principle, and pointing to another end. I would persuade a resistance, both to the corruption and to the reformation that prevails. It will not be the weaker, but much the stronger, for combating both together. A victory over real corruptions would enable us to baffle the spurious and pretended reformations. I would not wish to excite, or even to tolerate, that kind of evil spirit which invokes the powers of hell to rectify the disorders of the earth. No! I would add my voice with better, and I trust, more potent charms, to draw down justice and wisdom and fortitude from heaven, for the correction of human vice, and the recalling of human error from the devious ways into which it has been betrayed. I would wish to call the impulses of individuals at once to the aid and to the control of authority. By this, which I call the true republican spirit, paradoxical as it may appear, monarchies alone can be rescued from the imbecility of courts and the madness of the crowd. This republican spirit would not suffer men in high place to bring ruin on their country and on themselves. It would reform, not by destroying, but by saving, the great, the rich, and the powerful. Such a republican spirit, we perhaps fondly conceive to have animated the distinguished heroes and patriots of old, who knew no mode of policy but religion and virtue. These they would have paramount to all constitutions; they would not suffer monarchs, or senates, or popular assemblies, under pretences of dignity, or authority, or freedom, to shake off those moral riders which reason has appointed to govern every sort of rude power. These, in appearance loading them by their weight, do by that pressure augment their essential force. The momentum is increased by the extraneous weight. It is true in moral, as it is in mechanical science. It is true, not only in the draught, but in the race. These riders of the great, in effect, hold the reins which guide them in their course, and wear the spur that stimulates them to the goals of honour and of safety. The great must submit to the dominion of prudence and of virtue, or none will long submit to the dominion of the great.

"Dis te minorem quod geris imperas."

This is the feudal tenure which they cannot alter.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:21 am

Western-Ukraine wrote:

For most of the countries that desperately need a wake-up call, they're pretty much too late to react.

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Reikoku wrote:

Russia very much wants populist nationalism in Europe.

Wouldn't say that. Russia just wants fuckwittery.

They don't support populist established parties like FPO or especially PiS, for example. They're muted on Wilders.

In general they're just in favour of whatever fucks up the Western establishment.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:23 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:
Western-Ukraine wrote:How much uglier can get it? Europe needs a big push to wake up, maybe the nationalists will help with that.

For most of the countries that desperately need a wake-up call, they're pretty much too late to react.

The Parkus Empire wrote:Russia very much wants populist nationalism in Europe.

They don't support populist established parties like FPO or especially PiS, for example. They're muted on Wilders.

In general they're just in favour of whatever fucks up the Western establishment.

Populist nationalism (except in countries like Ukraine and other obvious cases) tends to be friendly toward Russia
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Canadensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Canadensia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:35 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Canadensia wrote:That would inherently involve attempts to restore the Soviet Union.

Which, frankly, isn't desirable for us Westerners. In all honesty, I prefer a weak Russia that's dominated by self-serving oligarchs and is economically dependent on oil and gas exports.

"The Baltics seceded illegally" isn't an attempt to restore the SovUnion?

Truth be told, I'd say United Russia is more run-of-the-mill nationalist than anything. They're a mix between the LDPR's full-on "let's restore the Russian Empire" ultra-nationalism and the Communist Party's desire to bring back the USSR. Granted, most of the party hierarchy is ex-KGB, but that's pretty much a staple of Russian politics.

Thankfully, the country has been fairly isolated geopolitically, and NATO is sufficiently expanded to a point where Russia's only viable means of expansion are in the Ukraine, the Southern Caucasus and Central Asia. Which, frankly, they can only do in small portions without running the risk of being sanctioned up their ass.

Greater Istanistan wrote:
Canadensia wrote:That's, uh... not what I was getting at.

Yeltsin won the 1996 election because he was still relatively popular, and the only alternative was the Communist Party. Which, incidentally, still won 40% of the popular vote.

I know this is a hardcore belated reply, but Yeltsin went into the 1996 election running far behind Zyuganov after shelling his own parliament, and only came out ahead after a massive Western intervention including stimulus loans and US-dispatched political hacks, fairly credible allegations of vote-rigging and elections fraud, and crooked deals with ultranationalists and massive oligarchs who he gave state industries to for cents on the dollar in exchange for support. The CPRF is a pretty horrifying body and I find its mixture of pan-Slavism, fascism, and ultra-statist Soviet nostalgia to be vile, but frankly Yeltsin was not any better.

Oh, I agree, Yeltsin was utter trash as president.

If I remember correctly, his approval rating was hovering around 2% or so when he resigned and passed the torch to Putin.
Last edited by Canadensia on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:38 am

Canadensia wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:"The Baltics seceded illegally" isn't an attempt to restore the SovUnion?

Truth be told, I'd say United Russia is more run-of-the-mill nationalist than anything. They're a mix between the LDPR's full-on "let's restore the Russian Empire" ultra-nationalism and the Communist Party's desire to bring back the USSR. Granted, most of the party hierarchy is ex-KGB, but that's pretty much a staple of Russian politics.

Thankfully, the country has been fairly isolated geopolitically, and NATO is sufficiently expanded to a point where Russia's only viable means of expansion are in the Ukraine, the Southern Caucasus and Central Asia. Which, frankly, they can only do in small portions without running the risk of being sanctioned up their ass.

I unironically think restoring the monarchy would be best for Russia
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:39 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Canadensia wrote:

I unironically think restoring the monarchy would be best for Russia

I agree, but it would have been better if it had never fallen.
>tfw no Russian victory at Tannenberg
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

Trumptonium1
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:41 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:

Populist nationalism (except in countries like Ukraine and other obvious cases) tends to be friendly toward Russia

There's certainly that tendency but it appears to disappear once these parties rule or go into coalition, like in Denmark.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I unironically think restoring the monarchy would be best for Russia

I agree, but it would have been better if it had never fallen.

Derp, well of course it would be better, no Bolshevik rule, and no Cold War super capitalist reaction. None of the monarchies that WWI cost should have been scrapped. But Russia is the only one I think that could viably go back to monarchy
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:44 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:I agree, but it would have been better if it had never fallen.

Derp, well of course it would be better, no Bolshevik rule, and no Cold War super capitalist reaction. None of the monarchies that WWI cost should have been scrapped. But Russia is the only one I think that could viably go back to monarchy

I doubt it could. Pretty much only the most diehard Orthodox (about 12% of the population) wants the autocracy back.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Derp, well of course it would be better, no Bolshevik rule, and no Cold War super capitalist reaction. None of the monarchies that WWI cost should have been scrapped. But Russia is the only one I think that could viably go back to monarchy

I doubt it could. Pretty much only the most diehard Orthodox (about 12% of the population) wants the autocracy back.

Russia never abandoned autocracy, bro
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General