NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAThread XII: A Tarriff-ic Thread!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Seangoli
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5280
Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:MAGA! :rofl:

'Roseanne' canceled after star's controversial comments

The show "Roseanne" was canceled Tuesday, hours after Roseanne Barr, lead actress in the rebooted sitcom, faced a public storm of criticism with a tweet calling a former presidential adviser to President Barack Obama a product of an Islamic group and a character from “Planet of the Apes.”

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," said Channing Dungey, the president of ABC Entertainment, in a statement.

She managed to top the National Anthem pissy fit! :rofl:


Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11824
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bombadil » Tue May 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Was Roseanne always this way or was she sucked into the cesspool of Twitter..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36741
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Bombadil wrote:Was Roseanne always this way or was she sucked into the cesspool of Twitter..


She adds.

She likes bringing up the Soros was a Nazi and turned in Jews claim......
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11824
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bombadil » Tue May 29, 2018 5:09 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Was Roseanne always this way or was she sucked into the cesspool of Twitter..


She adds.

She likes bringing up the Soros was a Nazi and turned in Jews claim......


Ri-ight, another 'Soros rules the world' theorist.. I see she made some claim that Chelsea Clinton married a Soros relative and, according to Alex Jones, this is why she became subject to a smear campaign to get her off TV..

When even Tomi Lahren is saying '“What Roseanne said was wrong. I’m sure she knows that. She made a mistake. I don’t know why fellow conservatives are playing mental gymnastics trying to justify it. Come on. Wrong is wrong.”

..then maybe it was just wrong, but it's disturbing at the circles of Soros-Muslim-antiSJW theorists that have some form of coherent yet loony philosophy and what they're spreading, and that Roseanne is wholesale buying into it and is highly endorsed by Trump.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34037
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby San Lumen » Tue May 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:MAGA! :rofl:

'Roseanne' canceled after star's controversial comments

The show "Roseanne" was canceled Tuesday, hours after Roseanne Barr, lead actress in the rebooted sitcom, faced a public storm of criticism with a tweet calling a former presidential adviser to President Barack Obama a product of an Islamic group and a character from “Planet of the Apes.”

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," said Channing Dungey, the president of ABC Entertainment, in a statement.

She managed to top the National Anthem pissy fit! :rofl:

Im surprised Trump hasn't tweeted about biased ABC and so called suppression of freedom of speech. I heard he was a big fan of the show.

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11824
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bombadil » Tue May 29, 2018 5:12 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:MAGA! :rofl:

'Roseanne' canceled after star's controversial comments


She managed to top the National Anthem pissy fit! :rofl:

Im surprised Trump hasn't tweeted about biased ABC and so called suppression of freedom of speech. I heard he was a big fan of the show.


Give him time - it really depends on FOX & Friend's take in the morning.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36741
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Bombadil wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Im surprised Trump hasn't tweeted about biased ABC and so called suppression of freedom of speech. I heard he was a big fan of the show.


Give him time - it really depends on FOX & Friend's take in the morning.


Indeed. At the moment he is practicing his end zone dance for the North Korea talks.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue May 29, 2018 5:14 pm

President Trump has nominated a staunch anti-immigration activist to head the State Department agency that oversees refugee and immigration issues.

Ronald W. Mortensen, a former U.S. Foreign Service officer and longtime fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates against legal and illegal immigration, is Trump's choice to be assistant secretary of State for the bureau of population, refugees and migration. The White House announced the nomination late Thursday.

As word spread on Friday, Democrats and immigration advocates quickly objected. But Mortensen, who must be confirmed by the Republican-controlled Senate, could face trouble among Republicans as well: His long trail of controversial writings and statements includes attacks not only against immigrants but against some Republican senators, including Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and John McCain of Arizona.

Mortensen, originally from Utah, in 2015 called Rubio "exceptionally gullible or just plain dishonest" on immigration issues. In 2014, he said McCain had made the U.S. vulnerable to infiltration by the Islamic State terrorist group through his "dogged support for illegal aliens and open borders."


In February 2017, just after Trump took office, Mortensen praised his efforts to step up deportations of immigrants in the country illegally and to ban some legal arrivals. He wrote in a blog post that Trump had succeeded in destroying "the myth of the noble, law-abiding illegal alien."

Until Trump was elected, Mortensen wrote, "the career politicians that he replaced had consistently put illegal aliens first and deliberately ignored the terrible harm done to the American men, women and children."

The Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies where he's worked has been listed by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, a designation it rejects.

The State Department bureau that Mortensen would run is supposed to have a different aim. Its purpose is to "provide protection, ease suffering, and resolve the plight of persecuted and uprooted people around the world," according to its mission statement.

One of Mortensen's favorite targets lately, according to his blog posts, has been the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an Obama-era permit system that temporarily protected from deportation roughly 800,000 immigrants who came to the country illegally as children. Trump has ordered an end to the program, though federal courts have blocked him for now.

In one post on March 10, 2017, Mortensen argued that DACA gives amnesty to "criminal illegal aliens" and "most" DACA recipients have committed "multiple felonies to get jobs."

The number of DACA beneficiaries, known as "Dreamers," who have been convicted of crimes is very low; all have been vetted to get their two-year permits to live in the United States, work, attend college and serve in the military. The crime rate among immigrants in general is lower than for the overall U.S. population, government data show.

Rep. Joseph Crowley of New York, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, said Mortensen's "racist, vile and disparaging comments against immigrants" disqualified him for the post.


Jennifer Quigley, a refugee advocate at Human Rights First, called Mortensen's statements extremist. "At a time when the world is facing the worst displacement crisis since World World II, it is astounding President Trump would nominate an individual with a hostile attitude toward immigrants," Quigley said.

"Mortensen's nomination is like choosing the fox to guard the hen house," she added.

Efforts to reach Mortensen on Friday were unsuccessful. In announcing the nomination, the White House praised Mortensen's 15 years of work in disaster aid, saying he "worked on humanitarian responses that saved lives and alleviated the suffering of millions of people" in the Middle East, Africa and Haiti.


http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

Hurray!
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Klorgia1
Envoy
 
Posts: 245
Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Klorgia1 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:16 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
President Trump has nominated a staunch anti-immigration activist to head the State Department agency that oversees refugee and immigration issues.

Ronald W. Mortensen, a former U.S. Foreign Service officer and longtime fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates against legal and illegal immigration, is Trump's choice to be assistant secretary of State for the bureau of population, refugees and migration. The White House announced the nomination late Thursday.

As word spread on Friday, Democrats and immigration advocates quickly objected. But Mortensen, who must be confirmed by the Republican-controlled Senate, could face trouble among Republicans as well: His long trail of controversial writings and statements includes attacks not only against immigrants but against some Republican senators, including Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and John McCain of Arizona.

Mortensen, originally from Utah, in 2015 called Rubio "exceptionally gullible or just plain dishonest" on immigration issues. In 2014, he said McCain had made the U.S. vulnerable to infiltration by the Islamic State terrorist group through his "dogged support for illegal aliens and open borders."



In February 2017, just after Trump took office, Mortensen praised his efforts to step up deportations of immigrants in the country illegally and to ban some legal arrivals. He wrote in a blog post that Trump had succeeded in destroying "the myth of the noble, law-abiding illegal alien."

Until Trump was elected, Mortensen wrote, "the career politicians that he replaced had consistently put illegal aliens first and deliberately ignored the terrible harm done to the American men, women and children."

The Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies where he's worked has been listed by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, a designation it rejects.

The State Department bureau that Mortensen would run is supposed to have a different aim. Its purpose is to "provide protection, ease suffering, and resolve the plight of persecuted and uprooted people around the world," according to its mission statement.

One of Mortensen's favorite targets lately, according to his blog posts, has been the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an Obama-era permit system that temporarily protected from deportation roughly 800,000 immigrants who came to the country illegally as children. Trump has ordered an end to the program, though federal courts have blocked him for now.

In one post on March 10, 2017, Mortensen argued that DACA gives amnesty to "criminal illegal aliens" and "most" DACA recipients have committed "multiple felonies to get jobs."

The number of DACA beneficiaries, known as "Dreamers," who have been convicted of crimes is very low; all have been vetted to get their two-year permits to live in the United States, work, attend college and serve in the military. The crime rate among immigrants in general is lower than for the overall U.S. population, government data show.

Rep. Joseph Crowley of New York, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, said Mortensen's "racist, vile and disparaging comments against immigrants" disqualified him for the post.


Jennifer Quigley, a refugee advocate at Human Rights First, called Mortensen's statements extremist. "At a time when the world is facing the worst displacement crisis since World World II, it is astounding President Trump would nominate an individual with a hostile attitude toward immigrants," Quigley said.

"Mortensen's nomination is like choosing the fox to guard the hen house," she added.

Efforts to reach Mortensen on Friday were unsuccessful. In announcing the nomination, the White House praised Mortensen's 15 years of work in disaster aid, saying he "worked on humanitarian responses that saved lives and alleviated the suffering of millions of people" in the Middle East, Africa and Haiti.


http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

Hurray!


Isn't it bad if he puts people in charge of an administration they are hellbent on making nothing but a smoldering waste of money?
News: This Sig Still Exists.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36741
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 29, 2018 5:16 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
President Trump has nominated a staunch anti-immigration activist to head the State Department agency that oversees refugee and immigration issues.

Ronald W. Mortensen, a former U.S. Foreign Service officer and longtime fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates against legal and illegal immigration, is Trump's choice to be assistant secretary of State for the bureau of population, refugees and migration. The White House announced the nomination late Thursday.

As word spread on Friday, Democrats and immigration advocates quickly objected. But Mortensen, who must be confirmed by the Republican-controlled Senate, could face trouble among Republicans as well: His long trail of controversial writings and statements includes attacks not only against immigrants but against some Republican senators, including Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and John McCain of Arizona.

Mortensen, originally from Utah, in 2015 called Rubio "exceptionally gullible or just plain dishonest" on immigration issues. In 2014, he said McCain had made the U.S. vulnerable to infiltration by the Islamic State terrorist group through his "dogged support for illegal aliens and open borders."


In February 2017, just after Trump took office, Mortensen praised his efforts to step up deportations of immigrants in the country illegally and to ban some legal arrivals. He wrote in a blog post that Trump had succeeded in destroying "the myth of the noble, law-abiding illegal alien."

Until Trump was elected, Mortensen wrote, "the career politicians that he replaced had consistently put illegal aliens first and deliberately ignored the terrible harm done to the American men, women and children."

The Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies where he's worked has been listed by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, a designation it rejects.

The State Department bureau that Mortensen would run is supposed to have a different aim. Its purpose is to "provide protection, ease suffering, and resolve the plight of persecuted and uprooted people around the world," according to its mission statement.

One of Mortensen's favorite targets lately, according to his blog posts, has been the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an Obama-era permit system that temporarily protected from deportation roughly 800,000 immigrants who came to the country illegally as children. Trump has ordered an end to the program, though federal courts have blocked him for now.

In one post on March 10, 2017, Mortensen argued that DACA gives amnesty to "criminal illegal aliens" and "most" DACA recipients have committed "multiple felonies to get jobs."

The number of DACA beneficiaries, known as "Dreamers," who have been convicted of crimes is very low; all have been vetted to get their two-year permits to live in the United States, work, attend college and serve in the military. The crime rate among immigrants in general is lower than for the overall U.S. population, government data show.

Rep. Joseph Crowley of New York, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, said Mortensen's "racist, vile and disparaging comments against immigrants" disqualified him for the post.


Jennifer Quigley, a refugee advocate at Human Rights First, called Mortensen's statements extremist. "At a time when the world is facing the worst displacement crisis since World World II, it is astounding President Trump would nominate an individual with a hostile attitude toward immigrants," Quigley said.

"Mortensen's nomination is like choosing the fox to guard the hen house," she added.

Efforts to reach Mortensen on Friday were unsuccessful. In announcing the nomination, the White House praised Mortensen's 15 years of work in disaster aid, saying he "worked on humanitarian responses that saved lives and alleviated the suffering of millions of people" in the Middle East, Africa and Haiti.


http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

Hurray!


No worries. What is done can be undone and probably will.......
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Geneviev
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11102
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Geneviev » Tue May 29, 2018 5:17 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
President Trump has nominated a staunch anti-immigration activist to head the State Department agency that oversees refugee and immigration issues.

Ronald W. Mortensen, a former U.S. Foreign Service officer and longtime fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates against legal and illegal immigration, is Trump's choice to be assistant secretary of State for the bureau of population, refugees and migration. The White House announced the nomination late Thursday.

As word spread on Friday, Democrats and immigration advocates quickly objected. But Mortensen, who must be confirmed by the Republican-controlled Senate, could face trouble among Republicans as well: His long trail of controversial writings and statements includes attacks not only against immigrants but against some Republican senators, including Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and John McCain of Arizona.

Mortensen, originally from Utah, in 2015 called Rubio "exceptionally gullible or just plain dishonest" on immigration issues. In 2014, he said McCain had made the U.S. vulnerable to infiltration by the Islamic State terrorist group through his "dogged support for illegal aliens and open borders."


In February 2017, just after Trump took office, Mortensen praised his efforts to step up deportations of immigrants in the country illegally and to ban some legal arrivals. He wrote in a blog post that Trump had succeeded in destroying "the myth of the noble, law-abiding illegal alien."

Until Trump was elected, Mortensen wrote, "the career politicians that he replaced had consistently put illegal aliens first and deliberately ignored the terrible harm done to the American men, women and children."

The Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies where he's worked has been listed by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group, a designation it rejects.

The State Department bureau that Mortensen would run is supposed to have a different aim. Its purpose is to "provide protection, ease suffering, and resolve the plight of persecuted and uprooted people around the world," according to its mission statement.

One of Mortensen's favorite targets lately, according to his blog posts, has been the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an Obama-era permit system that temporarily protected from deportation roughly 800,000 immigrants who came to the country illegally as children. Trump has ordered an end to the program, though federal courts have blocked him for now.

In one post on March 10, 2017, Mortensen argued that DACA gives amnesty to "criminal illegal aliens" and "most" DACA recipients have committed "multiple felonies to get jobs."

The number of DACA beneficiaries, known as "Dreamers," who have been convicted of crimes is very low; all have been vetted to get their two-year permits to live in the United States, work, attend college and serve in the military. The crime rate among immigrants in general is lower than for the overall U.S. population, government data show.

Rep. Joseph Crowley of New York, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, said Mortensen's "racist, vile and disparaging comments against immigrants" disqualified him for the post.


Jennifer Quigley, a refugee advocate at Human Rights First, called Mortensen's statements extremist. "At a time when the world is facing the worst displacement crisis since World World II, it is astounding President Trump would nominate an individual with a hostile attitude toward immigrants," Quigley said.

"Mortensen's nomination is like choosing the fox to guard the hen house," she added.

Efforts to reach Mortensen on Friday were unsuccessful. In announcing the nomination, the White House praised Mortensen's 15 years of work in disaster aid, saying he "worked on humanitarian responses that saved lives and alleviated the suffering of millions of people" in the Middle East, Africa and Haiti.


http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol ... story.html

Hurray!

That actually, legitimately makes me sad.
I'm not evangelical anymore.
“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” ― Albert Einstein

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue May 29, 2018 5:19 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:


No worries. What is done can be undone and probably will.......

Just how we're feeling about Roe v. Wade right now. :D


The 2014 elections gave the Republicans control of the Senate (and control of both houses of Congress) for the first time since the 109th Congress. With 248 seats in the House of Representatives and 54 seats in the Senate, this Congress began with the largest Republican majority since the 71st Congress of 1929–1931.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36741
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 29, 2018 5:21 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
No worries. What is done can be undone and probably will.......

Just how we're feeling about Roe v. Wade right now. :D


The 2014 elections gave the Republicans control of the Senate (and control of both houses of Congress) for the first time since the 109th Congress. With 248 seats in the House of Representatives and 54 seats in the Senate, this Congress began with the largest Republican majority since the 71st Congress of 1929–1931.


Fourty Five years and counting.

Let's talk about the number of repubs after November.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11824
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bombadil » Tue May 29, 2018 5:25 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
No worries. What is done can be undone and probably will.......

Just how we're feeling about Roe v. Wade right now. :D


The 2014 elections gave the Republicans control of the Senate (and control of both houses of Congress) for the first time since the 109th Congress. With 248 seats in the House of Representatives and 54 seats in the Senate, this Congress began with the largest Republican majority since the 71st Congress of 1929–1931.


..and they've done so much with it..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue May 29, 2018 5:27 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Just how we're feeling about Roe v. Wade right now. :D




Fourty Five years and counting.

Let's talk about the number of repubs after November.

Greatest GOP majority since long before 45 years.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soal5Iuo-vg
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36741
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Fourty Five years and counting.

Let's talk about the number of repubs after November.

Greatest GOP majority since long before 45 years.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soal5Iuo-vg


And yet they still haven't overturned it.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34493
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Tue May 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Bombadil wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Just how we're feeling about Roe v. Wade right now. :D




..and they've done so much with it..


They're like a dog chasing a car. They wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it.
Strong opinions, lightly held.

User avatar
Cannot think of a name
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 28558
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
..and they've done so much with it..


They're like a dog chasing a car. They wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it.

This is the best analysis of the current majority yet.
Everything for the cat.

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10649
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue May 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:
They're like a dog chasing a car. They wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it.

This is the best analysis of the current majority yet.

They still haven't retooled from their NO mode.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Tue May 29, 2018 5:44 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Greatest GOP majority since long before 45 years.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soal5Iuo-vg


And yet they still haven't overturned it.

No, judges have to
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34037
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby San Lumen » Tue May 29, 2018 5:45 pm

And the Governor of Missouri today resigned for far less things than Trump did and yet it seems he is subject to a different standard. If he were accused of the same thing Eric Greitens for which there was credible evidence his supporters would look the other way.

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10649
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 pm

San Lumen wrote:And the Governor of Missouri today resigned for far less things than Trump did and yet it seems he is subject to a different standard. If he were accused of the same thing Eric Greitens for which there was credible evidence his supporters would look the other way.

Donnie is an Honorary Kim. His fucking Cult of Personality can't see him do any wrong.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

User avatar
Geneviev
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11102
Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Geneviev » Tue May 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
San Lumen wrote:And the Governor of Missouri today resigned for far less things than Trump did and yet it seems he is subject to a different standard. If he were accused of the same thing Eric Greitens for which there was credible evidence his supporters would look the other way.

Donnie is an Honorary Kim. His fucking Cult of Personality can't see him do any wrong.

That's not how it works, mate.
I'm not evangelical anymore.
“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” ― Albert Einstein

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34037
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby San Lumen » Tue May 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
San Lumen wrote:And the Governor of Missouri today resigned for far less things than Trump did and yet it seems he is subject to a different standard. If he were accused of the same thing Eric Greitens for which there was credible evidence his supporters would look the other way.

Donnie is an Honorary Kim. His fucking Cult of Personality can't see him do any wrong.

It sure seems that way

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22808
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Tue May 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:Donnie is an Honorary Kim. His fucking Cult of Personality can't see him do any wrong.

That's not how it works, mate.


I don't think it's a significant chunk of his base, but I do think that there is a degree of personality cult in the most rabid recesses of his supporters.
I like to imagine Sisyphus happy
I did some things

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angora Guanaco, Arkhane, Greatern Voland, Heloin, Jack Thomas Lang, Kargintina the Third, Kyoki Chudoku, Nazeroth, Ngelmish, Nobel Hobos 2, Northern Davincia, One Small Island, Prydania, Purgatio, Samudera Darussalam, San Lumen, Telconi, The Black Forrest, The Emerald Legion, The Lone Alliance, The Two Jerseys, Uiiop, Washington Resistance Army, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads