NATION

PASSWORD

South Africa: Land Seizure, Plight of the Boers

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Luckyland
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Luckyland » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:51 am

Albrenia wrote:
New Luckyland wrote:
That reads as disengenuous to me because "Also adding near-blatant death threats." clearly does not refer to some third party.

It must be frightening to you to see these political shifts. I am trying to understand what is going on in your country. I do not have a lot of sympathy for white landowners who seek to hold onto the priviledges they aquired from apartheid. I have a great deal of sympathy for whites in South Africa who are afraid of an anti-white backlash. Bolshy white landowners are not their friends in this.

...If I thought you were making death threats I would have done something other than just mention it in my post. I would have reported you to the mods since death threats are against the rules.

As it is, I don't think you made death threats, and you didn't, so that's not an issue.

I've told you what my meaning was, and that's all I can do.

I love you too, you silly sausage. Let us all just forget this nonsense about you accusing me of threatening your life.

You know that in time we will all be able to laugh it all off. Would you care for a macaroon?
I have only two social filters; low self esteem and sobriety.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:54 am

New Luckyland wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
...If I thought you were making death threats I would have done something other than just mention it in my post. I would have reported you to the mods since death threats are against the rules.

As it is, I don't think you made death threats, and you didn't, so that's not an issue.

I've told you what my meaning was, and that's all I can do.

I love you too, you silly sausage. Let us all just forget this nonsense about you accusing me of threatening your life.

You know that in time we will all be able to laugh it all off. Would you care for a macaroon?

*squint*

My life?

I never mentioned me. I'm neither Scottish nor South African. I don't even own land to steal.

The only thing you've done to me personally is imply I'm a racist because I don't support land theft based on skin colour. Kind of funny considering recent events, to be honest.
Last edited by Albrenia on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Luckyland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Luckyland » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:00 am

Albrenia wrote:
New Luckyland wrote:

*squint*

My life?

I never mentioned me. I'm neither Scottish nor South African. I don't even own land to steal.

The only thing you've done to me personally is imply I'm a racist because I don't support land theft based on skin colour. Kind of funny considering recent events, to be honest.

I just think you're a cunt. But don't let that stand in the way of honest debate.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:02 am

New Luckyland wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
*squint*

My life?

I just think you're a cunt. But don't let that stand in the way of honest debate.

Cool. Eh... now where were we in said debate?

New Luckyland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Luckyland » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 am

New Luckyland wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
*squint*

My life?

Sorry, too funny not to say.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:07 am

New Luckyland wrote:
New Luckyland wrote:

Sorry, too funny not to say.

No worries here. I've been called worse.

Hayo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hayo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:08 am

Why not implement a rural land tax, and then use that money to fund inequality-reducing social programs? That seems like it would be more effective than forcibly redistributing land.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:11 am

Hayo wrote:Why not implement a rural land tax, and then use that money to fund inequality-reducing social programs? That seems like it would be more effective than forcibly redistributing land.

Indeed. Something like the inheritance tax imposed on the nobility in the UK might work too. Then nobody gets robbed, at least not until after they're too dead to care.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:18 am

New Luckyland wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
*squint*

My life?

I think you're flaming. *** Warned ***
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

New Luckyland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Luckyland » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 am

USS Monitor wrote:
New Luckyland wrote:

I think you're flaming. *** Warned ***

That bothered me too which is why I backtracked. I can get emotional.

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 am

Irona wrote:It's almost as if generations of oppression and colonialism have consequences.

Indeed; the more colonized a country was, the more successful it ended up once decolonization occurred. The problem for the Africans was that they weren't kept under the Europeans for long enough.
National Syndicalist
“The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers and the prayers of the faithful.” - Julius Evola
Endorsing Greg "Grab 'em by the Neck" Gianforte and Brett "I Like Beer" Kavanaugh for 2020

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:58 am

Oil exporting People wrote:
Irona wrote:It's almost as if generations of oppression and colonialism have consequences.

Indeed; the more colonized a country was, the more successful it ended up once decolonization occurred. The problem for the Africans was that they weren't kept under the Europeans for long enough.

If that's true then why is Angloa, which had Portuguese settlements as early as the 1500's, in a worse position than Egypt.

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:46 am

Irona wrote:If that's true then why is Angloa, which had Portuguese settlements as early as the 1500's, in a worse position than Egypt.

Because Communism is a hell of a drug.
National Syndicalist
“The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers and the prayers of the faithful.” - Julius Evola
Endorsing Greg "Grab 'em by the Neck" Gianforte and Brett "I Like Beer" Kavanaugh for 2020

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:10 am

New Luckyland wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
I don't mean the word you used, I mean one of the main champions of what's happening in South Africa is saying things like "I'm not calling for us to kill them all, not yet" and singing songs which glorify that sort of violence. Sorry if I was unclear about that. No freaking out occuring.

As for giving people the right to buy the land they work, that doesn't sound like theft then. No problem with that on the face of it.

That reads as disengenuous to me because "Also adding near-blatant death threats." clearly does not refer to some third party.

It must be frightening to you to see these political shifts. I am trying to understand what is going on in your country. I do not have a lot of sympathy for white landowners who seek to hold onto the priviledges they aquired from apartheid. I have a great deal of sympathy for whites in South Africa who are afraid of an anti-white backlash. Bolshy white landowners are not their friends in this.

Ah yes, those age old privileges of having a home and not being dirt poor. Glad to see the South African government fighting against those dastardly white people.
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Blasted Craigs
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

South African Boers

Postby Blasted Craigs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am

So, after the silence and willful denial of media, finally someone is doing a documentary on the plight of the Boers in South Africa.
Not to be confused with the documentary Farmland(About farming in the U.S.), Farmlands is about the Boers, and the atrocities they face.
I for one, am glad somebody, even if it is only an independent documentary filmmaker, is telling the story of the atrocities Boers face.
The trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONs1gpwkCrk
About white displacement camps, that are entirely funded by volunteers (It's essentially a squatter camp) It's a camp for whites, because poor whites often face violence including assault, murder and rape, and are denied any government help, any traditional faith based help, hell, are also denied medical treatment when wounded at hospitals when injured.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq0GReiZyKc
About Suidlanders, preppers preparing to try to run when open genocide happens. (These are the white farmers with some money in Africa, preparing to save their families when the country goes to hell.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ7o1cxqBPU
So, what do you think?
1-Is this much ado about nothing, nothing to see here?
2-Or is this an issue the world has been ignoring?
3-Hell, do you find this documentary offensive? If so, why?

My answers.
1-This is a real issue, and IMHO it's long since time people acknowledge it is an issue.
2-Answered in 1st answer.
3-I do, but not because it makes a certain group look bad. It's offensive because it shows how the world governments ignored the plight of these people with a self satisfied smug look of disdain. (Rejecting Boer refugees because claims of abuse and violence due to the color of their skin is "Based on racist propaganda".
The government in America can best be described with an analogy. The two political parties are two cats, the elite is a rat, power is the cheese, and the common people is the floor. The floor feels two cats can guard the cheese better than one. But the cats fight each other, and the rat makes off with the cheese in glee. The floor cannot leave, and soon both cats serve the rat, because the rat has the all powerful cheese, and gives the cats a small bit of it. So the floor gets crapped on by all three, as they eat the cheese together.

Blasted Craigs
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blasted Craigs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am

Oh, and for the moderators, although I saw a thread about the plans of the ANC to take the land of white farmers with no compensation, I saw nothing about this video. And this discussion is about the plight of the Boers, and how it is covered by this video, while simultaneously ignored by mainstream media. So, I made a new thread.
The government in America can best be described with an analogy. The two political parties are two cats, the elite is a rat, power is the cheese, and the common people is the floor. The floor feels two cats can guard the cheese better than one. But the cats fight each other, and the rat makes off with the cheese in glee. The floor cannot leave, and soon both cats serve the rat, because the rat has the all powerful cheese, and gives the cats a small bit of it. So the floor gets crapped on by all three, as they eat the cheese together.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 am

Blasted Craigs wrote:Oh, and for the moderators, although I saw a thread about the plans of the ANC to take the land of white farmers with no compensation, I saw nothing about this video. And this discussion is about the plight of the Boers, and how it is covered by this video, while simultaneously ignored by mainstream media. So, I made a new thread.

And I merged them because it is related and we can make this a "South African Situation" thread.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Blasted Craigs
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blasted Craigs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Blasted Craigs wrote:Oh, and for the moderators, although I saw a thread about the plans of the ANC to take the land of white farmers with no compensation, I saw nothing about this video. And this discussion is about the plight of the Boers, and how it is covered by this video, while simultaneously ignored by mainstream media. So, I made a new thread.

And I merged them because it is related and we can make this a "South African Situation" thread.

Ok....
So, from now on, should i look a for a thread based on region or country, and any discussion based on that region, post in that thread? I thought that was considered hijacking the thread?
Basically, if I wanted to discuss the aid situation in Puerto Rico, and also whether it should be a state, or the actions of one of it's mayors, It should all go into one Puerto Rican situation thread?
Not being rude, just want to make sure I don't hijack a thread or derail the thread. Basically, I was trying to avoid hijacking this thread. But, if posting in this thread about the documentary isn't hijacking, cool.
I post irregularly, and try my best to follow forum rules as I understand them. Mainly asking so I don't get in trouble for hijacking a thread in the future.
Last edited by Blasted Craigs on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:48 am

Blasted Craigs wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:And I merged them because it is related and we can make this a "South African Situation" thread.

Ok....
So, from now on, should i look a for a thread based on region or country, and any discussion based on that region, post in that thread? I thought that was considered hijacking the thread?
Basically, if I wanted to discuss the aid situation in Puerto Rico, and also whether it should be a state, or the actions of one of it's mayors, It should all go into one Puerto Rican situation thread?
Not being rude, just want to make sure I don't hijack a thread or derail the thread. Basically, I was trying to avoid hijacking this thread. But, if posting in this thread about the documentary isn't hijacking, cool.
I post irregularly, and try my best to follow forum rules as I understand them. Mainly asking so I don't get in trouble for hijacking a thread in the future.

I'm not going to give you an iron-clad rule on that because there isn't one. It's a matter of judgment. Honestly, before making a thread on current events, I would scout at least the first five pages of the forum, if not more. Or perhaps use a time reference: if there haven't been new posts in more than four weeks, it's grave-digging, so make a new thread. I just looked and the thread on Page 5 had their last posts during the first week of March. I often feel that thread-starters look at the first page and that's it. As a last resort, come to the Moderation forum and ask. That will delay your ability to start the new thread but you will get an answer. More answers than you want, probably.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Blasted Craigs
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blasted Craigs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Blasted Craigs wrote:Ok....

I'm not going to give you an iron-clad rule on that because there isn't one. It's a matter of judgment. Honestly, before making a thread on current events, I would scout at least the first five pages of the forum, if not more. Or perhaps use a time reference: if there haven't been new posts in more than four weeks, it's grave-digging, so make a new thread. I just looked and the thread on Page 5 had their last posts during the first week of March. I often feel that thread-starters look at the first page and that's it. As a last resort, come to the Moderation forum and ask. That will delay your ability to start the new thread but you will get an answer. More answers than you want, probably.

Actually, it helps. I'll admit, the purely emotional response at the moment was it felt like it is an attempt to sweep the thread under the rug, but that is why rationally I asked for answers to explain it. Basically, if I understand correctly, it is up to the moderator, and a judgment call. So, i shouldn't get any flak one way or another, and I'm not really violating any forum rules. That's good to know. Like I said, I post irregularly, and wanted clarification. You gave it, and all snarkiness aside, I thank you for taking the time to explain it, instead of letting me stay in a position feeling slightly slighted.
Also, you gave me steps to take where if I want to take the time, I can get a forewarning about if a thread will be merged or exist as an independent thread. And actually, what I usually do is a search on the forum for the topic, to see if it has been discussed, and if not, post a new thread. But yes, I don't usually read every page of a thread to see if the topic is covered, just use the search function.
But, to close, thanks for the reply Farn. I think you are the moderator I have the most interaction with when I ask for clarification on something, and it's usually pretty quick. So, again, even though I may ever so slightly disagree on the decision, thanks for the reply.
Last edited by Blasted Craigs on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Lagomorph Supreme wrote:

Then why are you a Nat-Syn?

> Not knowing the difference between the two

The Spanish Azul Division would like a word with you.
National Syndicalist

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Lagomorph Supreme wrote:

Then why are you a Nat-Syn?

That's just the word he uses so he doesn't have to call himself a Nazi, don't let the syndie bit fool ya
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:40 pm

We should probably start selling the Boars guns then.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Lagomorph Supreme wrote:Then why are you a Nat-Syn?

That's just the word he uses so he doesn't have to call himself a Nazi, don't let the syndie bit fool ya

You're thinking of Oil Exporting People from the Kaiserreich timeline.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Senkaku wrote:That's just the word he uses so he doesn't have to call himself a Nazi, don't let the syndie bit fool ya

I'd ask you to prove that assertion, but considering your level of intellectual rigor is to run to the Mods, I'd be wasting my time.
National Syndicalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General