NATION

PASSWORD

They Finally Did It: USCIS Removes "A Nation of Immigrants"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Militant Costco
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Militant Costco » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:29 am

Utceforp wrote:
Ors Might wrote:Alright, what gives the natives the right to the land conquered by the US? Because the fact that their ancestors lived on the land is pretty weak as an argument. I can easily twist it around and say that I also have a strong claim to this land as my ancestors have lived here for hundreds of years.

You do, which is my point - I'm not supporting the idea of evicting non-Natives, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the "we were here first" justification for anti-immigrant sentiment and the irrationality of "might makes right" justification for anti-immigrant sentiment.

I'm pretty sure when nativists say "here" they mean the country, not the land. Otherwise that one dude in Russia who decided it'd be cool to cross that ice bridge would own the entire new world.
Costco Wholesale
NSG Puppet

Nothing says democracy like 2 packs of 48 rolls of toilet paper!

Trumptonium
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:52 am

Mujahidah wrote:So are we just pretending now that every single non-Native American US citizen isn't descended from immigrants, or an immigrant themselves?

'native americans' didn't evolve from fish on the american continent, they're immigrants just like anyone else
Pro: Things and people I like
Anti: Things and people I dislike

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/

Militant Costco
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Militant Costco » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:56 am

Trumptonium wrote:
Mujahidah wrote:So are we just pretending now that every single non-Native American US citizen isn't descended from immigrants, or an immigrant themselves?

'native americans' didn't evolve from fish on the american continent, they're immigrants just like anyone else

Well if Native Americans did evolve from fish, this would make a lot more sense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Jcrk6jGfo
Costco Wholesale
NSG Puppet

Nothing says democracy like 2 packs of 48 rolls of toilet paper!

Sufokia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sufokia » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:17 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Sufokia wrote:Probably never since they never had a country there and they separately lost their lands in a series of wars against Europeans, each other, and then Americans over a period of a few centuries. Hard to be given something you never had.

They owned the land.

And clearly "they" lost it due to trade, migration and wars, so "they" didn't own it anymore. Also, "they" are not some hive collective. Pick a nation and argue its case, don't pretend they're uniform in their history and situations.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Factbook (WIP!)

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:51 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Sufokia wrote:Probably never since they never had a country there and they separately lost their lands in a series of wars against Europeans, each other, and then Americans over a period of a few centuries. Hard to be given something you never had.

They owned the land.

And the land they owned was also the sovereign territory of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:They owned the land.

And the land they owned was also the sovereign territory of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

And the land the UK. owned was the sovereign territory of the Spanish Empire. See map.

Map - https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... N93-Kuh-_c :lol:

Going back, some native tribes like the New Mexican Pueblo natives lucked out in that Spain gave them legal ownership of the land (Spanish land grants). In 1689, 11 pueblos were given the legal title to there lands. The new Republic of Mexico recognized these land grants. And when they ceded these lands to the US after the US-Mexican war, the Mexicans made sure in the treaty that was signed that the US recognize these Spanish land grants.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Previous

Return to General