NATION

PASSWORD

Iceland To Ban Male Circumcision

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Camicon wrote:
Ultramarr wrote:They deserve to be "discriminated" and worse if they think satanic ritual mutilation of children is ok

Don't bring your Nazi shit into the thread. Go back to Stormfront if you want a "JEWS ARE THE DEVIL" circlejerk.

How is it Nazi to say genital mutilation of little boys is ritual mutilation

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Camicon wrote:I'm not discriminating against Jews, I am advocating for equality. Male babies should be protected from genital mutilation the same as female babies.

That Judaism has some weird fascination with the former is their problem, not mine.

So you are discriminating against Jews. And why should Jews be forced to live by the standards of people who do not have their interests in mind?

Camicon wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
It's also murder. Which circumcision isn't.

Both are violations of basic human rights.

According to what and who?

And having a procedure that ultimately effects you very little in your life is completely different from literally taking someone's life, and obviously should not be judged as if they're the same severity.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Genivaria wrote:There are members of the Abrahamic faiths who still practice animal sacrifice rituals to this day, I'd also support banning them for humanitarian reasons.
Behold my prejudicial power! :lol:

Muslims still do animal sacrifices on certain holidays I believe, after which they eat it iirc.

Yeah, but that's not really a sacrifice tho. Allah (SWT) does not want us to sacrifice in that way.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Ultramarr wrote:
Camicon wrote:Don't bring your Nazi shit into the thread. Go back to Stormfront if you want a "JEWS ARE THE DEVIL" circlejerk.

How is it Nazi to say genital mutilation of little boys is ritual mutilation

"satanic ritual mutilation"

Yeah, you can knock right off with that shit.
Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:I'm not discriminating against Jews, I am advocating for equality. Male babies should be protected from genital mutilation the same as female babies.

That Judaism has some weird fascination with the former is their problem, not mine.

So you are discriminating against Jews. And why should Jews be forced to live by the standards of people who do not have their interests in mind?

That's not discrimination against Jews. And there's this little something called "the social contract". If Jews in Iceland don't like not being able to mutilate their male children, then move.
Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:Both are violations of basic human rights.

And having a procedure that ultimately effects you very little in your life is completely different from literally taking someone's life.

Are you seriously about to argue that babies don't have a right to bodily autonomy?

And circumcision does have a life-long impact on those affected. I actually have a vert nifty post all ready-made for this particular misconception, let me go find it.
Last edited by Camicon on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

And having a procedure that ultimately effects you very little in your life is completely different from literally taking someone's life, and obviously should not be judged as if they're the same severity.

Why should little boys be stuck with parens that want to cut off bits of their penis?
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Camicon wrote:
Ultramarr wrote:How is it Nazi to say genital mutilation of little boys is ritual mutilation

Salus Maior wrote:

And having a procedure that ultimately effects you very little in your life is completely different from literally taking someone's life.

Are you seriously about to argue that babies don't have a right to bodily autonomy?

And circumcision does have a life-long impact on those affected. I actually have a vert nifty post all ready-made for this particular misconception, let me go find it.

You didn't answer the question, who is making the rules here?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:
Jackania yugo wrote:
If religion is causing so much trouble then why don't we just get rid of religion? Good morals can still exist without them. You don't need Christianity to be a good person.

I'd love that to happen, to be honest.

Ok, but let's also ban atheism, and non-alignment
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Camicon wrote:
Ultramarr wrote:How is it Nazi to say genital mutilation of little boys is ritual mutilation

Salus Maior wrote:

Yes I find ritual mutilation of babies private parts demonic. Doesn't make one a Nazi

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

So are you judging these based on their consequences or based on the religion?
I judge both on the former.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:"satanic ritual mutilation"

Society does.

Punching me in the face is a crime because I have the right to be free from physical harm put upon me by other people. I have bodily autonomy.

Circumcision is a violation of bodily autonomy.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Auze wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:I'd love that to happen, to be honest.

Ok, but let's also ban atheism, and non-alignment

So you advocate genocide?

Auze
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:
Wendowie Poland wrote:Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

and Baha'i faith and Mormonism, among others

Mormonism is part of Christianity

[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Ultramarr wrote:

Yes I find ritual mutilation of babies private parts demonic. Doesn't make one a Nazi

Your flag isn't nearly so clever as you think, and we can all see your posting history.
Last edited by Camicon on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Auze
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Auze wrote:Ok, but let's also ban atheism, and non-alignment

So you advocate genocide?

I was referencing to how they were supporting banning religion, so I made it work the other way.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Auze wrote:
Genivaria wrote:So you advocate genocide?

I was referencing to how they were supporting banning religion, so I made it work the other way.

No they're not.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Hakons wrote:
How is it absurd? A law banning all the population from practicing circumcision is still banning Jews from practicing circumcision.

And Jews are exempt from the law now?

They should be.
Hakons wrote:Yep, they truly don't care about how terrible this bill is to Judaism. Secular morality has reared its head, and the religious must oppose it.

Allahu akthar min al-kufr (I hope I said that right :lol:)
Allah (SWT) is greater than disbelief
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Muslims still do animal sacrifices on certain holidays I believe, after which they eat it iirc.

Yeah, but that's not really a sacrifice tho. Allah (SWT) does not want us to sacrifice in that way.

Oh, wait, nvm, you're right.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Camicon wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Society does.

Punching me in the face is a crime because I have the right to be free from physical harm put upon me by other people. I have bodily autonomy.

Society is far from an infallible source of of justice and decent lawmaking. The majority should not enforce its values on every minority culture, and you know this and believe this.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Ultramarr wrote:

It's more likely your routine Holocaust denial that's lead people to think you might be a Nazi than your stance on circumcision.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:52 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Genivaria wrote:And Jews are exempt from the law now?

They should be.
Hakons wrote:Yep, they truly don't care about how terrible this bill is to Judaism. Secular morality has reared its head, and the religious must oppose it.

Why should they be exempt from the law they aren't special or some kind of superior race like the "god's chosen people" claim they want to live in Iceland they should follow the laws like everyone else

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:Society does.

Society is far from an infallible source of of justice and decent lawmaking. The majority should not enforce its values on every minority culture, and you know this and believe this.

This is a video on the effects of genital mutilation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_zkKciuIpA
Muh culture is not an argument some cultures are better than others if a culture believes mutilating defenceless babie's private parts is ok its a bad culture

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Ultramarr wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:They should be.

Why should they be exempt from the law they aren't special or some kind of superior race like the "god's chosen people" claim they want to live in Iceland they should follow the laws like everyone else

Jews should follow Halakhah.
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:Society does.

Don't presume to tell me what I believe.

Morals and ethics are social constructs. Society is not infallible, no, but it is the one and only place that these things come from; it is why they are legitimate. And if a minority culture does shit like mutilate their male children on the regular because there isn't a law telling people "hey, don't mutilate your baby boys" then I have absolutely no qualms with making that law.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Ultramarr wrote:Yes I find ritual mutilation of babies private parts demonic. Doesn't make one a Nazi

It's more likely your routine Holocaust denial that's lead people to think you might be a Nazi than your stance on circumcision.

I am not a Nazi although I am a fascist. I don't believe in the racial stuff the Nazis said

Kibbutz Unions
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kibbutz Unions » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:56 pm

As a circumcised Jew I support banning circumcision until adulthood when the individual can at last consent to such 'modification' to one's genitals.
Just another Zionist (((Globalist))) Cultural Marxist Commie Antifa Reptilian Degenerate Comrade, nice to meet you!
Pro: Socialism, Democracy, Two-States Solution, Left-Wing Solidarity, Communicative Art, LGBT Rights, Antifa
Anti: Capitalism, Imperialism, Culture Industry, Racism, Antisemitism, Fascism, Homophobia and Transphobia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General