NATION

PASSWORD

Iceland To Ban Male Circumcision

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Camicon wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Preventing Jews from bringing their children into the Mosaic Covenant, the sacred bond that defines Jews as Jews, is not antisemitic or discriminatory against Jews?

Your complete blindness to the subject is really getting tiresome.

Maybe they shouldn't have predicted their religion on the mutilation of infants genitals. Just a thought.
Hakons wrote:
Sorry, all the population is banned from going to Synagogue, and not just Jews.

Except that specifying "synagogue" very clearly targets Jews. Circumcision is not a solely Jewish tradition or practice.

Also, going to a synagogue isn't a violation of someone else's basic human rights.

Makes me wonder if they'd be so vocal in their opposition if members of the Aztec religion were still around and they were outraged that they can't rip out their enemies hearts anymore.

Hayo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hayo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:34 pm

So when it comes to ritual abuse or mutilation...

Is there a litmus test which can be reliably applied which says, "yeah, this is the point where it's not okay"?

Or are we making exceptions for certain religions without any rhyme or reason?
Last edited by Hayo on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:35 pm

This is amazing its sad how so many other countries don't have the guts to do the right thing. Its sick how people let babies be mutilated in the name of muh tolerance. Any religion that mutilates children has no place in the civilised world

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Camicon wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Preventing Jews from bringing their children into the Mosaic Covenant, the sacred bond that defines Jews as Jews, is not antisemitic or discriminatory against Jews?

Maybe they shouldn't have predicted their religion on the mutilation of infants genitals. Just a thought.

So you finally do admit it's discriminatory towards Jews?
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
So you don't believe a law can discriminate against a certain group if the intention is not to discriminate against a certain group? Even if in effect it does?

Well, there's a loophole for people who want to be discriminate and cruel to other groups, for ya.

There needs to be a compelling reason. Not cutting up baby dicks is a compelling reason.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Hakons wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Your comparisons are becoming more absurd every page.

How is it absurd? A law banning all the population from practicing circumcision is still banning Jews from practicing circumcision.

And Jews are exempt from the law now?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Camicon wrote:Maybe they shouldn't have predicted their religion on the mutilation of infants genitals. Just a thought.

Except that specifying "synagogue" very clearly targets Jews. Circumcision is not a solely Jewish tradition or practice.

Also, going to a synagogue isn't a violation of someone else's basic human rights.

Makes me wonder if they'd be so vocal in their opposition if members of the Aztec religion were still around and they were outraged that they can't rip out their enemies hearts anymore.

"Forcibly removing someone's heart is an inextricable part of the Aztec religion and culture, and banning the practice is bigotry against Aztecs!"
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Camicon wrote:Maybe they shouldn't have predicted their religion on the mutilation of infants genitals. Just a thought.

Comparing circumcision to ripping out hearts, and you say my comparisons are crazy. This law bans Jewish practice, which is bloody obvious, and you don't care.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

No, I'm saying "tough shit". Jews don't get a pass because they're Jews.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

I also discriminate against people who support child marriages, how horrible of me.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Camicon wrote:"Forcibly removing someone's heart is an inextricable part of the Aztec religion and culture, and banning the practice is bigotry against Aztecs!"

It's also murder. Which circumcision isn't.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Hakons wrote:
How is it absurd? A law banning all the population from practicing circumcision is still banning Jews from practicing circumcision.

And Jews are exempt from the law now?

No, which is why I oppose this bill.
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Hakons wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Makes me wonder if they'd be so vocal in their opposition if members of the Aztec religion were still around and they were outraged that they can't rip out their enemies hearts anymore.

Comparing circumcision to ripping out hearts, and you say my comparisons are crazy. This law bans Jewish practice, which is bloody obvious, and you don't care.

Comparing circumcision to ripping out hearts, and you say my comparisons are crazy

Well your comparisons didn't actually involve any sort of harm so yeah.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Hakons wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Makes me wonder if they'd be so vocal in their opposition if members of the Aztec religion were still around and they were outraged that they can't rip out their enemies hearts anymore.

Both circumcision and murder are violations of basic human rights. "Religion" does not justify the latter any more than it does the former.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:"Jews are affected by legislation that stops the population of the state as a whole from doing X" is not antisemitism.

They deserve to be "discriminated" and worse if they think satanic ritual mutilation of children is ok

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Hakons wrote:
Genivaria wrote:And Jews are exempt from the law now?

No, which is why I oppose this bill.

That makes no sense.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:"Forcibly removing someone's heart is an inextricable part of the Aztec religion and culture, and banning the practice is bigotry against Aztecs!"

Both are violations of basic human rights.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Camicon wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

No, I'm saying "tough shit". Jews don't get a pass because they're Jews.

So you are discriminating against Jews. At least have the balls to say so instead of hiding behind your veil of virtue-signalling.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Hakons wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:
They are aware of it's significance for religious communities. However they believe that religious tolerance should not supersede the rights of the child. Which I agree with. The law allows for boys to have circumcisions once they reach an age where they can understand what is involved.

Adult circumcision is more painful and carries a higher risk of infection. Regardless, circumcision is how Jews show their covenant with God. The Icelandic authorities might as well ban kippas while their at it.

The key difference here being that kippas are articles of clothing that have no permanent biological effect on anyone, while circumcision is a medical procedure that permanently removes a body part from a very young child who cannot give any form of informed consent. Iceland has some pretty outstanding antisemitism problems but I really don't think this is one of them or even really related to them.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Ultramarr wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

They deserve to be "discriminated" and worse if they think satanic ritual mutilation of children is ok

Don't bring your Nazi shit into the thread. Go back to Stormfront if you want a "JEWS ARE THE DEVIL" circlejerk.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Hakons
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Yep, they truly don't care about how terrible this bill is to Judaism. Secular morality has reared its head, and the religious must oppose it.

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Hakons wrote:

Jews shouldn't be protected to do their crimes such as genital mutilation. Whats next muh the gorillion
Last edited by Ultramarr on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:No, I'm saying "tough shit". Jews don't get a pass because they're Jews.

So you are discriminating against Jews. At least have the balls to say so instead of hiding behind your veil of virtue-signalling.

I am bewildered by how you read that.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Camicon wrote:No, I'm saying "tough shit". Jews don't get a pass because they're Jews.

I'm not discriminating against Jews, I am advocating for equality. Male babies should be protected from genital mutilation the same as female babies.

That Judaism has some weird fascination with the former is their problem, not mine.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Camicon wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Both are violations of basic human rights.

According to what and who?

And having a procedure that ultimately effects you very little in your life is completely different from literally taking someone's life.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General