NATION

PASSWORD

Attractiveness trends to the right..

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

I am..

Stunningly good looking but a communist
16%
Stunningly good looking and a fascist
10%
Average and lean right
16%
Average and lean left
24%
Cave troll and lean right
5%
Cave troll and lean left
5%
Beauty is skin deep, ugliness is to the bone
12%
Well.. my avatar is pretty sexy..
11%

Total votes : 208

Zohiania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby Zohiania » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:04 am

Dahon wrote:
The Cosmic Frankish Empire wrote:You're fat and low test?

These days yes -- I had a merry Christmas and happy New Year indeed -- but what is "low test"?

Low testosterone I believe he means
"Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law."
-Immanuel Kant

EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME I WANT YOU TO KNOW I STILL LOVE YOU

Air Control
Attaché

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Air Control » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:07 am

Another cheap RP stunt, I'll wager. Moving along!
Last edited by Air Control on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Cosmic Frankish Empire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cosmic Frankish Empire » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:12 am

Zohiania wrote:
Dahon wrote:
These days yes -- I had a merry Christmas and happy New Year indeed -- but what is "low test"?

This.

We all know dad bod is code word for gyno, and we all know what gyno is a symptom of. Telling yourself that you look like chicks' dads doesn't fix the fact that you're puffy-faced, lethargic and your nipples are puffy, pink and hang down when you have your arms at your side. It's disgusting and it needs to stop, but the elites have decided that it's okay to feed their ever-growing population of atomised worker units with shitty processed food, make everything out of plastics and let shitty chemicals get into your water. Even triclosan and triclocarban from antibacterial soap messes with animal endocrine systems. And then you get these scientists who do boring studies on how sperm counts are dropping and everybody either ignores it or publishes a news article talking about how wacky it is and people pay attention to it for an hour.

We are being poisoned, and it keeps happening because nobody cares enough.
Last edited by The Cosmic Frankish Empire on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 am

I think the term, "no shit, famous fictional detective" applies here. You only have to look at movements who repeat stupid sayings like "health at every size" to say that.

The Cosmic Frankish Empire wrote:
Zohiania wrote:

This.

We all know dad bod is code word for gyno, and we all know what gyno is a symptom of. Telling yourself that you look like chicks' dads doesn't fix the fact that you're puffy-faced, lethargic and your nipples are puffy, pink and hang down when you have your arms at your side. It's disgusting and it needs to stop, but the elites have decided that it's okay to feed their ever-growing population of atomised worker units with shitty processed food, make everything out of plastics and let shitty chemicals get into your water. Even triclosan and triclocarban from antibacterial soap messes with animal endocrine systems. And then you get these scientists who do boring studies on how sperm counts are dropping and everybody either ignores it or publishes a news article talking about how wacky it is and people pay attention to it for an hour.

Hooray, I'm disgusting! It's not the worst thing someone's used to describe me.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 am

The Cosmic Frankish Empire wrote:This.

My belly is the only thing that's puffy about me, dude, relax. :lol:
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:01 am

Bombadil wrote:Well it can happen the other way round, women will go and do these nice things for you and then get pissed off when you don't fall in love with them.. but it's hardly a major downer. It's certainly a less harassing approach and I've some nice household objects as a result.

I doubt that happens very often, in westernized nations but especially the US- the prevalent social expectation is still for the man to get out there and court women, to make the first move. Not the other way around.

In my experience anyways, people generally don't reward "being nice" with romance or whatever. Being nice is just "being nice." To really get into a relationship, a person needs to straight up ask another person out, to take some risk of rejection or initiative for themselves.

Men (myself included) are dense as hell. If a lady is doing nice things for them, most guys aren't going to recognize it as anything more than friendship at best. When people fail to "speak up" and make their intentions or wants clear- they get Friend Zoned. A "Friend Zone" doesn't really exist of course, but I view it as a derogatory description of that scenario.

Only early education in the ways of this world, can prevent another Elliot Rodger, or reduce that I suppose.
Last edited by Saiwania on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:05 am

I'm a baby-faced Filipino with right-centrist and neoconservative views. Currently attempting to get abs.

(I'm also MUCH younger than pretty much everyone on NationStates.)
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:05 am

I look marvelous, and I voted for trump.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:14 am

Ethel mermania wrote:I look marvelous, and I voted for trump.

What was it about him that grabbed you?

*looks at avatar*

Ri-ight..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:32 am

Bombadil wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I look marvelous, and I voted for trump.

*looks at avatar*

Ri-ight..

Are you casting aspersions on my pussy ?
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

*looks at avatar*

Ri-ight..

Are you casting aspersions on my pussy ?

Looks like she's been around the block.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:36 am

Bombadil wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Are you casting aspersions on my pussy ?

Looks like she's been around the block.

You should see her tail.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Soyouso
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soyouso » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 am

Am kawaii fash marshmallow. Or at least according to y'all. *shrug*

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:55 am

This kind of stands to reason, but I do believe its a bit of an over-generalization.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:56 am

Post War America wrote:This kind of stands to reason, but I do believe its a bit of an over-generalization.

I think they address this..

“All attractive people are not conservative and not all unattractive people are liberals,” said Peterson. But he added: “Attractiveness gives a person a small push in the conservative direction.”

I will say this, I generally lean left but.. but my take on it might differ from general to some extent. I feel that if you believe you're limited then you limit yourself. I accept that background, looks, colour, gender.. even height and looks can lend to the belief that you have a limit to what you can achieve but mostly it's a mindset not reality.

I'm lucky that I tend to think I can get away with most things, if I want to do something I generally can.. but I do recognise I've a privileged background that substantiates my belief. I do get annoyed sometimes with pessimistic people, and sometimes I feel 'well you can't help them'.

Perhaps someone overcame these disadvantages and also believe that people wallowing in poor circumstances only have themselves to blame - it's a nuanced issue really but..

..ultimately I believe that we control about 10-25% of our circumstances depending, that's all, a lot of who we are and what we do is outside our control and so we shouldn't be punished nor overly rewarded for that.
Last edited by Bombadil on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

十年

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 am

The Cosmic Frankish Empire wrote:
Zohiania wrote:

This.

Humans have always been poisoning each other.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Kramanica
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramanica » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:09 am

Unsurprising.
Running out of nation names faster than I can think of them
American National Syndicalist
"B-but gun control works in Australia..."

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 am

No option for average Joe centrist?

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:13 am

Sovaal wrote:No option for average Joe centrist?

The problem with that is everyone thinks they're Average Joe Centrist.

十年

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:18 am

I dunno.

I consider myself attractive, but I am all over the place because I realize I am just good looking and I can get away with things other people can't.

Being a bit above socially acceptable is an advantage.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Is that a smoothbore Dahlgren gun, or are you just happy to see me?

Both.

Only woman I know hung like a battleship. :D
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 am

Bombadil wrote:
Post War America wrote:This kind of stands to reason, but I do believe its a bit of an over-generalization.

I think they address this..

“All attractive people are not conservative and not all unattractive people are liberals,” said Peterson. But he added: “Attractiveness gives a person a small push in the conservative direction.”

I will say this, I generally lean left but.. but my take on it might differ from general to some extent. I feel that if you believe you're limited then you limit yourself. I accept that background, looks, colour, gender.. even height and looks can lend to the belief that you have a limit to what you can achieve but mostly it's a mindset not reality.

I'm lucky that I tend to think I can get away with most things, if I want to do something I generally can.. but I do recognise I've a privileged background that substantiates my belief. I do get annoyed sometimes with pessimistic people, and sometimes I feel 'well you can't help them'.

Perhaps someone overcame these disadvantages and also believe that people wallowing in poor circumstances only have themselves to blame - it's a nuanced issue really but..

..ultimately I believe that we control about 10-25% of our circumstances depending, that's all, a lot of who we are and what we do is outside our control and so we shouldn't be punished nor overly rewarded for that.

That's fair I guess, tho were anecdotal evidence relevant I would state that most of the good looking people I know tend to be further to the left, and the worse looking people I know tend to be further to the right. That being said I ain't exactly a good sample, and it is entirely possible that its very well that I find people less attractive explicitly because of their rightward political leanings.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:38 am

Conservative, or individualistic?

Important distinction.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:21 am

Bombadil wrote:
Sovaal wrote:No option for average Joe centrist?

The problem with that is everyone thinks they're Average Joe Centrist.

And many think they’re good looking. This entire premise is about subjectivity.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Topoliani
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 am

This is a coincidence Stalin is way too sexy
Topoliani: A Post-Apoc Medieval Nation in the Levant

I don't use NSstats, nor is this nation a representation of my views.
IC Year: 1210 AD.
Undergoing its third retcon. The third time's the charm, right?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General