NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Toxic Event Therapy

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:03 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:What kind of wine? I have a 2015 Pedroncelli zinfandel, Sonoma County, I'm drinking just now.

You make me feel inferior, I'm stuck with cheap boxed wine. Being broke is fun, but then again, so is wine, even if it's pretty garbage.

I grew up down the dirt road from Boone's Farm. Ya got nuthin' on me pal.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:04 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:What kind of wine? I have a 2015 Pedroncelli zinfandel, Sonoma County, I'm drinking just now.

You make me feel inferior, I'm stuck with cheap boxed wine. Being broke is fun, but then again, so is wine, even if it's pretty garbage.

Wine, even cheap wine, is a balm to the soul. As Alkaios sang, "oinos, o phile pai, kai alathea" which is "wine, dear boy, and truth." And so it is. Why, Doctor Franklin told me of North Korea over a bottle, long, long ago. "Lady Farn," he said (he always called me that), "I just think that if we can get this country going, and avoid falling into a trap like North Korea, why ..." "Doctor," I said, interrupting, "Whatever is 'North Korea'?" The Great Man had another drink, fell asleep, and I didn't find out until 1945 what he meant.
Ethel mermania wrote:

I was drinking sake earlier, but now I am in transit going home. I will have a glass of wine when I get home.

I haven't had sake in ages. Must remedy that.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

I grew up down the dirt road from Boone's Farm. Ya got nuthin' on me pal.

God damn, I had to google Boone's Farm. Looks like the Bud Ice of wine (but if it's cheap, I may just pick some up....)

Biggest issue seems to be the low ABV. Easier to drink malt liquor at that point.
Last edited by Major-Tom on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Wine, even cheap wine, is a balm to the soul. As Alkaios sang, "oinos, o phile pai, kai alathea" which is "wine, dear boy, and truth." And so it is. Why, Doctor Franklin told me of North Korea over a bottle, long, long ago. "Lady Farn," he said (he always called me that), "I just think that if we can get this country going, and avoid falling into a trap like North Korea, why ..." "Doctor," I said, interrupting, "Whatever is 'North Korea'?" The Great Man had another drink, fell asleep, and I didn't find out until 1945 what he meant.

That's weirdly beautiful.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote: I grew up down the dirt road from Boone's Farm. Ya got nuthin' on me pal.

God damn, I had to google Boone's Farm. Looks like the Bud Ice of wine (but if it's cheap, I may just pick some up....)

What's your max on wine expenditure? I can recommend some Spanish tempranillo at six, seven bucks a bottle.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

What's your max on wine expenditure? I can recommend some Spanish tempranillo at six, seven bucks a bottle.

Depends. I just try to budget all my food/drink expenses. Seven bucks a bottle, now that's easily doable.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Wine, even cheap wine, is a balm to the soul. As Alkaios sang, "oinos, o phile pai, kai alathea" which is "wine, dear boy, and truth." And so it is. Why, Doctor Franklin told me of North Korea over a bottle, long, long ago. "Lady Farn," he said (he always called me that), "I just think that if we can get this country going, and avoid falling into a trap like North Korea, why ..." "Doctor," I said, interrupting, "Whatever is 'North Korea'?" The Great Man had another drink, fell asleep, and I didn't find out until 1945 what he meant.

That's weirdly beautiful.

I loved that man. Him and mon cher Rene Descartes. *sighs with melancholy*

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Ethel mermania wrote:I was drinking sake earlier, but now I am in transit going home. I will have a glass of wine when I get home.

A horrible miscarriage of justice indeed. Which brings up a question, how is the sushi by you?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:What's your max on wine expenditure? I can recommend some Spanish tempranillo at six, seven bucks a bottle.

Depends. I just try to budget all my food/drink expenses. Seven bucks a bottle, now that's easily doable.

Well, there's one called Flaco, very nice, tastes like cherries. Flaco, as every schoolchild knows, is the opposite of "gordo."

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Wine, even cheap wine, is a balm to the soul. As Alkaios sang, "oinos, o phile pai, kai alathea" which is "wine, dear boy, and truth." And so it is. Why, Doctor Franklin told me of North Korea over a bottle, long, long ago. "Lady Farn," he said (he always called me that), "I just think that if we can get this country going, and avoid falling into a trap like North Korea, why ..." "Doctor," I said, interrupting, "Whatever is 'North Korea'?" The Great Man had another drink, fell asleep, and I didn't find out until 1945 what he meant.

A horrible miscarriage of justice indeed. Which brings up a question, how is the sushi by you?

I can't say. Herself cannot abide it. The Safeway by us just added a sushi counter. We're hundreds and hundreds of miles from the sea, you know, so ...

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Well, there's one called Flaco, very nice, tastes like cherries. Flaco, as every schoolchild knows, is the opposite of "gordo."

Oh damn, they have it at a store nearby it seems. Will have to check it out, thanks Farn.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote: I grew up down the dirt road from Boone's Farm. Ya got nuthin' on me pal.

Biggest issue seems to be the low ABV. Easier to drink malt liquor at that point.

Mad Dog 20/20 then.
*opens metal screw top cap*
Stuff was aged all afternoon.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Well, there's one called Flaco, very nice, tastes like cherries. Flaco, as every schoolchild knows, is the opposite of "gordo."

Oh damn, they have it at a store nearby it seems. Will have to check it out, thanks Farn.

I'll be interested in what you think.

I'm not much up on the Spanish vintages but I know a number of Italian wines I can recommend. They do sell for rather more than the Flaco, though. Honestly, ask the staff at your local shop, tell them what you can afford and let them recommend. If they're any good, they'll be happy to help. Or ask Iffy, he works at an off-license in Ireland.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Alright....so much for purgatory tonight. Limbo is now my goal.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A horrible miscarriage of justice indeed. Which brings up a question, how is the sushi by you?

I can't say. Herself cannot abide it. The Safeway by us just added a sushi counter. We're hundreds and hundreds of miles from the sea, you know, so ...

I am not big on supermarket sushi. And the middle of the country thing makes it tough for ocean fish.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Arventum
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arventum » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:22 pm

I <3 sushi ;-; I /have/ to be by a coastline or in a place with decent inland fish.
Firstly: Don't use me as a weapon. Secondly: Be careful, or I'll give ya a hug. Also, I'm, like, really bored. If you have an RP you might think I'd be even remotely interested in, please send me a PM so I can write posts instead of stalking threads! It'd be much appreciated.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Mad Dog 20/20 then.

Get on the train, the night train fortified wine.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Mad Dog 20/20 then.

zzzzzzzz.... huh? whut the.... ???
Uhh. okay.
*glug*

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
Mad Dog 20/20 then.

I was gonna do a version of Night Train a la James Brown but the F train don't stop at Court Square anymore! How am I s'posed to get home? *weeps*

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

I was gonna do a version of Night Train a la James Brown but the F train don't stop at Court Square anymore! How am I s'posed to get home? *weeps*

*tosses skateboard*

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I was gonna do a version of Night Train a la James Brown but the F train don't stop at Court Square anymore! How am I s'posed to get home? *weeps*

*tosses skateboard*

Okay, I can take the G train but really! And you, lightweight! Letting the Jersey side down, snoozing after what? two drinks?

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
*tosses skateboard*

Okay, I can take the G train but really! And you, lightweight! Letting the Jersey side down, snoozing after what? two drinks?

1 drink = 1 bottle in Jersey conversion units

I gotta go bad now. See ya.

*stumbles off behind White Castle*
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:15 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I was gonna do a version of Night Train a la James Brown but the F train don't stop at Court Square anymore! How am I s'posed to get home? *weeps*

*tosses skateboard*

Why not a bicycle?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
*tosses skateboard*

Why not a bicycle?

Why do that though? When you can travel about straddling a unicycle like an absolute b0ss.
Too fucking bad I can't ride one or even have one.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
*tosses skateboard*

Why not a bicycle?

Won't fit my budget or backpack. Why don't you give him yours, he's standing right over there...
*points*
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General