NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Toxic Event Therapy

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
*pours ten shots of Dos Lunas Tequila*
5 each.... Race ya!

For me it has always been, one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

I don't know if the fact that I am a cheap date is winning or losing.

Ah, cheap, yes, but not easy! :)
*puts on Europe '72 in background*

The South Falls wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:
*pours five more for a threesome*

*chuckles, fires up lighter*

*Is already drunk on absinthe* *Yells madly* *Lights* *Puts into eye*

Yells. "fire in the eyehole!"
*tosses bucket of ice into fiery eye*

Well, jeez ...that oughta put it out. Hello?

*TSF comes back to consciousness*

Hey, hey there Mr. Winky!
*Hands a spliff*
Good pain strain, take a puff, dude. 8)
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:19 pm

This just in.
The back of my computer chair just broke and I am now lying on the floor.....ow.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:For me it has always been, one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

I don't know if the fact that I am a cheap date is winning or losing.

The South Falls wrote:*Is already drunk on absinthe* *Yells madly* *Lights* *Puts into eye*

*Hands a spliff*

*Continues to take some puffs on the spliff* "Fuuuuuunnnnnnnn, bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrooooooooooo.' "Nnnnnnnnnooooooowwwwwwww lllllleeeeetttttttttsssssssss tttttttttttrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy cccccccccccccccooooooooooooccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee." *Snorts cocaine powder* *Falls unconscious again*
Last edited by The South Falls on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
True, but that has never stopped her before.

:lol: I should have guessed. Ah, the days when we'd stand on a street corner in Manhattan waving at cabs and hoping the guy wouldn't fuss about going to Brooklyn.

Hey, did you know, there's a little street called Clove Street just east of Nostrand Avenue that's the old pass through the Gowanus Heights from Flatbush to Bedford? That discussion of Revolutionary War sites set me looking things up.

The Bedford pass I think. I don't remember where it really is. The nyc historical museum did a thing on the battle of brooklyn last year.

I didn't go. :(
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:45 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

*Hands a spliff*

*Continues to take some puffs on the spliff* "Fuuuuuunnnnnnnn, bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrooooooooooo.' "Nnnnnnnnnooooooowwwwwwww lllllleeeeetttttttttsssssssss tttttttttttrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy cccccccccccccccooooooooooooccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee." *Snorts cocaine powder* *Falls unconscious again*

Role playing belongs in f7, and drug role playing will get a thread shut down. So please don't here,

Thanks.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The South Falls wrote:*Continues to take some puffs on the spliff* "Fuuuuuunnnnnnnn, bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrooooooooooo.' "Nnnnnnnnnooooooowwwwwwww lllllleeeeetttttttttsssssssss tttttttttttrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy cccccccccccccccooooooooooooccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee." *Snorts cocaine powder* *Falls unconscious again*

Role playing belongs in f7, and drug role playing will get a thread shut down. So please don't here,

Thanks.

I'm quite sorry, I didn't not know. I thought it was a joke. Very sorry for irritating you, and any mods (Farn) that may look upon those posts. Thanks for clueing me in on the rules.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Thanks.

I'm quite sorry, I didn't not know. I thought it was a joke. Very sorry for irritating you, and any mods (Farn) that may look upon those posts. Thanks for clueing me in on the rules.

Np, just tone it down, it's all good.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The South Falls wrote:*Continues to take some puffs on the spliff* "Fuuuuuunnnnnnnn, bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrooooooooooo.' "Nnnnnnnnnooooooowwwwwwww lllllleeeeetttttttttsssssssss tttttttttttrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy cccccccccccccccooooooooooooccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee." *Snorts cocaine powder* *Falls unconscious again*

Thanks.

Yeah, his cocaine reference definitely sends it over the line. Weed OTOH is holistic medicine.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Salut, mes amis.
WE ARE NOT SAPIENT SPAGHETTI

Do not mistake me for a contributor to your political threads. I have come solely to mock.
Tsaraine wrote:Nazis aren't known for their smarts. You don't adhere to an ideology that got flattened under a T-34 in 1945 if you're full of sparks and opportunities in life.
Caelestiam wrote:...wait,
Are we seriously in a dick measuring contest over who has the right to declare law by virtue of the most innocent dead?
Sounds horrible and insensitive.
Proceed.
Ethel mermania wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:One does not simply own one's own body. Not when the GOP can shove its trunk up inside you.

It will be yuge, and you will like it.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 pm

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster wrote:Salut, mes amis.

Salutations, mein fruend. Or mein Bekanntshcaft (Acquaintance)

Corpus Magnus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Corpus Magnus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Bonjour! Parlez-vous français?
Corpus Magnus: A militaristic and economically stagnant land of cynical, sarcastic people severely divided by race, social class, and language, oppressed and barely held together by eight bickering, incompetent but ambitious politicians and warriors who supposedly profess loyalty to an all-powerful but rarely present dictator. All hail the Omniscient! Praise to Corpus Magnus!
A 21.6 civilization, according to this index.

OOC: Proud member of the LDS (Mormon) Church.
Also known as Republica Conquistadora.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Corpus Magnus wrote:

Bonjour! Parlez-vous français?

Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber google übersetze Deutsch, um gut auszusehen.
(I don't speak french, but am google translating german to look good.)
Last edited by The South Falls on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:04 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Corpus Magnus wrote:Bonjour! Parlez-vous français?

Gesundheit!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, his cocaine reference definitely sends it over the line. Weed OTOH is holistic medicine.

"Holistic" ... gah. I hate holistic. Let's just not do any sort of drug RP, shall we?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber google übersetze Deutsch, um gut auszusehen.

Gesundheit!

My favorite language!
Farnhamia wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

"Holistic" ... gah. I hate holistic. Let's just not do any sort of drug RP, shall we?

Yeah... my bad... I am sorry... please, let me live in harmony with the ostrich and the rest of the TET crew.
To Farn: :bow:
To the rest of you good people: >:( I mean :hug:
Last edited by The South Falls on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corpus Magnus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corpus Magnus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:27 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Corpus Magnus wrote:Bonjour! Parlez-vous français?

Google Translate ist die beste Erfindung dieses Jahrhunderts.
Corpus Magnus: A militaristic and economically stagnant land of cynical, sarcastic people severely divided by race, social class, and language, oppressed and barely held together by eight bickering, incompetent but ambitious politicians and warriors who supposedly profess loyalty to an all-powerful but rarely present dictator. All hail the Omniscient! Praise to Corpus Magnus!

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Corpus Magnus wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Ich spreche kein Französisch, aber google übersetze Deutsch, um gut auszusehen.

Google Translate ist die beste Erfindung dieses Jahrhunderts.

Kein Scherz, es ist die beste Erfindung, besonders für lustige Chat-Threads wie diesen.
(No kidding, it is the best invention, especially for fun chat threads like this one.)

Corpus Magnus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corpus Magnus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Corpus Magnus wrote:Google Translate ist die beste Erfindung dieses Jahrhunderts.

Kein Scherz, es ist die beste Erfindung, besonders für lustige Chat-Threads wie diesen.
(No kidding, it is the best invention, especially for fun chat threads like this one.)

Ja. Es ist großartig, sowohl weil es für Chat-Threads nützlich ist, als auch weil die Übersetzung schrecklich ist.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:49 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Corpus Magnus wrote:Google Translate ist die beste Erfindung dieses Jahrhunderts.

Ja, nun, lass es uns auf Englisch halten. Ich selbst habe seit etwa dem 16. Jahrhundert nicht wirklich fließend Deutsch gesprochen und schon damals habe ich überwiegend Althochdeutsch gesprochen. Also, ja, Englisch. Verstehen? :eyebrow:
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:50 pm

A German student would probably slap us, because of our terrible grammar. (No I am not making a grammar Nazi joke)
Farnhamia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Kein Scherz, es ist die beste Erfindung, besonders für lustige Chat-Threads wie diesen.

Ja, nun, lass es uns auf Englisch halten. Ich selbst habe seit etwa dem 16. Jahrhundert nicht wirklich fließend Deutsch gesprochen und schon damals habe ich überwiegend Althochdeutsch gesprochen. Also, ja, Englisch. Verstehen? :eyebrow:

I have broken six rules today... shoot. And yes, I will, in fact, keep it in englush. Excepte fore addinge e'se wheree theye doe note neede toe bee.
Last edited by The South Falls on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Kein Scherz, es ist die beste Erfindung, besonders für lustige Chat-Threads wie diesen.

I have broken six rules today... shoot. And yes, I will, in fact, keep it in englush. Excepte fore addinge e'se wheree theye doe note neede toe bee.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:54 pm

The South Falls wrote:A German student would probably slap us, because of our terrible grammar. (No I am not making a grammar Nazi joke)

So one day a Lufthansa pilot speaks to the Frankfurt tower in German and he's told to say again in English, please. Maybe he was having a bad day or something but he loses it a bit and goes, "WHy must I, a German pilot flying a German plane for a German airline in German airspace speak to a German airport control tower in English?" And before the somewhat shocked tower can reply, a plummy English-accented voice says, "Because you lost the war, old boy."

:p

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

i am sorry but i am busy thursday, maybe we can go see the "fließend Deutsch gesprochen" with the other damsels next week.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Ja, nun, lass es uns auf Englisch halten. Ich selbst habe seit etwa dem 16. Jahrhundert nicht wirklich fließend Deutsch gesprochen und schon damals habe ich überwiegend Althochdeutsch gesprochen. Also, ja, Englisch. Verstehen? :eyebrow:

i am sorry but i am busy thursday, maybe we can go see the "fließend Deutsch gesprochen" with the other damsels next week.

Yeah, Thursday is laundry day for me. Any time next week is fine.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:A German student would probably slap us, because of our terrible grammar. (No I am not making a grammar Nazi joke)

So one day a Lufthansa pilot speaks to the Frankfurt tower in German and he's told to say again in English, please. Maybe he was having a bad day or something but he loses it a bit and goes, "WHy must I, a German pilot flying a German plane for a German airline in German airspace speak to a German airport control tower in English?" And before the somewhat shocked tower can reply, a plummy English-accented voice says, "Because you lost the war, old boy."

:p

The jokes are getting good from this one. There was this one during the war, that the Germans said in 1942-43.
One day, in 1999, in an AU WWII in Stalingrad, a Private is reading a book. It says "peace." The Private doesn't know it, so he asks his corporal. "Hey, vat is peace?" The corporal doesn't know, so takes it to the commanding officer. He has a dictionary on him, and reads: "Peace. A state unfit for the human population abolished in 1939."
:p :p
Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Ja, nun, lass es uns auf Englisch halten. Ich selbst habe seit etwa dem 16. Jahrhundert nicht wirklich fließend Deutsch gesprochen und schon damals habe ich überwiegend Althochdeutsch gesprochen. Also, ja, Englisch. Verstehen? :eyebrow:

The fluently german spoken? Such is the folly of Google Translate.
Last edited by The South Falls on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General