NATION

PASSWORD

Car hits 15 people at Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Leonnia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Car hits 15 people at Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro

Postby Leonnia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:48 pm

https://noticias.uol.com.br/cotidiano/u ... no-rio.htm
https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/ ... idos.ghtml

"A car raided the boardwalk and Copacabana Beach, in Rio's South Zone, on Thursday night (18). Several people were hit by the ungoverned vehicle, at Rua Figueiredo de Magalhães. At least 15 people were injured, including four children and one baby, according to firefighters.

At 22:15, eight victims had already been removed from the scene, two of them children. All were referred to hospitals Souza Aguiar and Miguel Couto, in the Center and Leblon, respectively.

The bike lane and the calcadão were full at the time the vehicle invaded the area, around 8:30 p.m. The driver, identified as Antonio de Almeida Anaquim, 41, was detained and referred to the 12th DP (Copacabana). He alleged that he suffered an epileptic seizure, but police were still investigating the information overnight.

After passing through the police station, he was referred to the IML. Before the arrival of the police, angry witnesses attempted to assault the driver, but agents arrived quickly and led him to the police station.

According to TV Globo producer Leslie Leitão, there were medicines for epilepsy in the driver's car. He claimed that he erased when he was driving and went up the sidewalk."

The 8-month-old baby has just died in a hospital while the driver is being referred to the police station after several attempts by the population to try to assault him. He claims to have had an epilepsy attack while driving, while many claim he was drunk. At the time of the accident, people were coming home to pick up their rubbish or bars in the sand.

the tag #Copacabana is on the trending topics on twitter, and here comes shifts every 5 minutes about the accident, which I found strange because traffic deaths in became a common thing in Brazil, and this is being reported as a terrorist attack despite the driver is apparently drunk at the time.

Unfortunately one more atitulde that demonstrates that nobody turns a born driver when it passes the auto-school.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:54 pm

My prayers for the injured.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:My prayers for the injured.

Mine, too, but we don't do news item threads here.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Return to General