NATION

PASSWORD

Trump administration bars Haitians from U.S visas

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Trumptonium wrote:Not opening your doors to every tom dick and harry isn't "being a dick" to anybody

"Now hiring: no blacks allowed. I'm not being a dick, I'm just not opening my doors. =^^^^)"
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Israeli Defense Force wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Ok?

Could we send some aid to them for them to get better jobs in there own country then?

Haitians have been living off aid for decades. At some point they need to take responsibility for their own country and stop leeching off others.

Kinda hard to do that when a hurricane wipes out your entire infrastructure and resources. But hey, what do I know?
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Trumptonium wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

And we should randomly be dicks to a nation that needs help beacuse?

Not opening your doors to every tom dick and harry isn't "being a dick" to anybody

No but just slamming the door entirely doesn't make a good impression.

Could we send some aid to them for them to get better jobs in there own country then?

Haitians have been living off aid for decades. At some point they need to take responsibility for their own country and stop leeching off others.

Lazy yet paradoxically willing to work?

Trumptonium
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Because we don’t need any more immigrants?

Ok?

humanitarian foreign aid has negative effects on the recipient country's employment and tax base

only serves to sustain population growth and alleviating starvation, really. which just creates more poor people in the future, so you send more money in the future, and the problem multiplies.
Last edited by Trumptonium on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Things and people I like
Anti: Things and people I dislike

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Israeli Defense Force wrote:Haitians have been living off aid for decades. At some point they need to take responsibility for their own country and stop leeching off others.

Kinda hard to do that when a hurricane wipes out your entire infrastructure and resources. But hey, what do I know?

Trump likes nations that don't get destroyed by hurricanes.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Vassenor wrote:
So by calling you out for being insistent on arguments backed with "real evidence" while providing no evidence at all in support of your own arguments I am implicitly calling Trump a racist? :eyebrow:

Do you get to be a postmaster by going in circles and not saying anything? :lol:
Simply put, reread my last post and simply answer the question. We can go from there. I'm not interested in 20,000 posts of circular arguments and semantics. :hug:

So you're going for "shut up" rather than "put up". Guess that doesn't bode well for your claims about my conduct.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:I do remember what the thread is about, the question is, do you? Do you remember that the thread is about Trump, and as a result there's nothing you can do about it but think on how things could be better for them in the long run.

"You can't make any change immediately so why comment at all."

Talk about shallow politics.
Also, "not being an asshole" can be defined in many ways, none of which I think are "we should pay our immigrant workers better", since you apparently just told me not a few pages back that 7.25 bucks an hour which you don't even get to keep all of it is better than eating shit in Haiti, which really, it shows the nobility in you. It truly does. No, seriously, they should award you a fucking Nobel prize for being so thoughtful about immigrants.

"7.25 isn't good so let's make things worse."

Keep going, soon you'll be advocating for slavery like TEM, only with less class and charisma. :)
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Israeli Defense Force
Envoy

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Israeli Defense Force » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Israeli Defense Force wrote:Haitians have been living off aid for decades. At some point they need to take responsibility for their own country and stop leeching off others.

Yeah it was a paradise before that, I'll tell you what.

Israeli Defense Force
Envoy

Postby Israeli Defense Force » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Do you get to be a postmaster by going in circles and not saying anything? :lol:
Simply put, reread my last post and simply answer the question. We can go from there. I'm not interested in 20,000 posts of circular arguments and semantics. :hug:

So you're going for "shut up" rather than "put up". Guess that doesn't bode well for your claims about my conduct.

lol I take it you're afraid to answer the question. :p
You asked for evidence. I gave it and backed my own post up. Like I said, if you don't think he's a racist then why are you responding? It's not so much "shut up" as it is you need to "put up" because otherwise I don't understand why you're still here after being btfo. :roll:

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 pm

So if they won't contribute anything why should then why should they be given visas?
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Trumptonium wrote:

humanitarian foreign aid has negative effects on the recipient country's employment and tax base

only serves to sustain population growth and alleviating starvation, really. which just creates more poor people in the future, so you send more money in the future, and the problem multiplies.

Then how did Japan get rebuilt?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:I do remember what the thread is about, the question is, do you? Do you remember that the thread is about Trump, and as a result there's nothing you can do about it but think on how things could be better for them in the long run.

"You can't make any change immediately so why comment at all."

Talk about shallow politics.
Also, "not being an asshole" can be defined in many ways, none of which I think are "we should pay our immigrant workers better", since you apparently just told me not a few pages back that 7.25 bucks an hour which you don't even get to keep all of it is better than eating shit in Haiti, which really, it shows the nobility in you. It truly does. No, seriously, they should award you a fucking Nobel prize for being so thoughtful about immigrants.

"7.25 isn't good so let's make things worse."

Keep going, soon you'll be advocating for slavery like TEM, only with less class and charisma. :)

Oh my. Assuming is bad for you.

Actually, I'd be more for a raise in wages for H-2B and H-2A workers, something that reflects they are both temporary and low-skill labor. I'd most likely push for 5-10,000 dollars being free per season post-tax and costs of living, adjusted for the immigrant country's economy and whatnot.

But you know, sure, I am such a horrible person that would advocate slavery with much less class and charisma. I totally am not an egalitarian like yourself who sincerely told me 7.25 an hour is so great for a Haitian eating shit in their country. I mean, how could I forget that unless I bow down and suck the majestic dick of liberal equality I don't get to have good ideas? Of course not, that's just bullshit I just came up with.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Trumptonium wrote:

That's a claim that sounds like it needs data to support it. So let's see it.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Israeli Defense Force
Envoy

Postby Israeli Defense Force » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Lazy yet paradoxically willing to work?

Explains their dependence on low-skill jobs.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:36 pm

To be fair, I get it, but the problem is that they live in the Caribbean, and in an area that, unfortunately, sees a lot of hurricanes and other natural disasters.

The French seriously did not think that one through to make Haiti a colony and settle it.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:Oh my. Assuming is bad for you.

Actually, I'd be more for a raise in wages for H-2B and H-2A workers, something that reflects they are both temporary and low-skill labor. I'd most likely push for 5-10,000 dollars being free per season post-tax and costs of living, adjusted for the immigrant country's economy and whatnot.

But you know, sure, I am such a horrible person that would advocate slavery with much less class and charisma. I totally am not an egalitarian like yourself who sincerely told me 7.25 an hour is so great for a Haitian.

This started with you decrying dem ebil liebruhls for complaining about the reduction in H-2B and H-2A visas.

I am no fan of Trump, but low-skill labor visas like H-2A and H-2B are literally for low-skill labor, which if you cry about them says more about you and what you think of Haitians and other sorts of immigrants than it does about Trump, that you think this is proper help, seasonal farm hands for the US at shit wages.

I'm sorry that you can't use alternative facts. It must be hard for you.

Or do you think that eliminating the visa program will raise the wages of the nonexistent workers? This must be the 12D chess I've heard so much about! Brilliant! Quantum labor!\
. I mean, how could I forget that unless I bow down and suck the majestic dick of liberal equality I don't get to have good ideas? Of course not, that's just bullshit I just came up with.

There are plenty of non-liberals who have good ideas.

You're just not one of them.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Sargassas wrote:Well, Donny has to appeal to his hillbilly voting base.

*Unofficial warning for trolling*

The only reason this isn't an official warning is your newness. Read the Rules and follow them.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Vassenor wrote:

You asked for evidence. I gave it and backed my own post up. Like I said, if you don't think he's a racist then why are you responding? It's not so much "shut up" as it is you need to "put up" because otherwise I don't understand why you're still here after being btfo. :roll:

Yeah, he does that. On the European refugees thread someone provided him a source he asked for and he just denounced it as false because he doesn't trust the website.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Trumptonium
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Yeah, he does that. On the European refugees thread someone provided him a source he asked for and he just denounced it as false because he doesn't trust the website.

While unashamedly using Snopes and some "unicorn.ninja" website as sources

beggars belief
Pro: Things and people I like
Anti: Things and people I dislike

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
I am no fan of Trump, but low-skill labor visas like H-2A and H-2B are literally for low-skill labor, which if you cry about them says more about you and what you think of Haitians and other sorts of immigrants than it does about Trump, that you think this is proper help, seasonal farm hands for the US at shit wages.

I'm sorry that you can't use alternative facts. It must be hard for you.

Or do you think that eliminating the visa program will raise the wages of the nonexistent workers? This must be the 12D chess I've heard so much about! Brilliant! Quantum labor!

No, it won't.

But if you think low wage labor for low skill workers is the best Haitians can hope from the United States, and that makes you think he's a racist because he's canceling a shit program that puts people into the equivalent of indentured servitude, it really says more about about you than it does about Trump in regards of immigrants.

Let's not forget, you sincerely believe 7.25 an hour is such a good deal for a Haitian eating shit in Haiti.

Israeli Defense Force
Envoy

Postby Israeli Defense Force » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:42 pm

To be fair, I get it, but the problem is that they live in the Caribbean, and in an area that, unfortunately, sees a lot of hurricanes and other natural disasters.

The French seriously did not think that one through to make Haiti a colony and settle it.

Has climate change increased the occurrence of hurricanes hitting Haiti? Or was it just as common when the French fries ran it?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:There are plenty of non-liberals who have good ideas.

You're just not one of them.

This coming from Mr. "7.25 an hour is such a good deal for the Haitians".

For a liberal who wants to cry out and sound like a know-it-all about immigrant issues, you have a shit notion of how things work on our side.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:No, it won't.

But if you think low wage labor for low skill workers is the best Haitians can hope from the United States, and that makes you think he's a racist because he's canceling a shit program that puts people into the equivalent of indentured servitude, it really says more about about you than it does about Trump in regards of immigrants.

He's not cancelling a shit program. He's just barring one specific country from it. And replacing it with... nothing.

Did you even read the fucking OP?
Let's not forget, you sincerely believe 7.25 an hour is such a good deal for a Haitian eating shit in Haiti.

No, I think it's a better deal. You should understand comparatives at this point in your life. Basic grammar and all that jazz.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:No, I think it's a better deal. You should understand comparatives at this point in your life. Basic grammar and all that jazz.

I understand comparatives well enough.

You don't seem to know the value of money, or how much is a dollar really worth. 7.25 an hour is not a "better" deal for coming to the US and work as a seasonal farmhand from sunrise to sunset.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Israeli Defense Force
Envoy

Postby Israeli Defense Force » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Trumptonium wrote:
Chernoslavia wrote:

While unashamedly using Snopes and some "unicorn.ninja" website as sources

beggars belief

This is golden. :lol:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General