NATION

PASSWORD

Inappropriate Auction?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Digital Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Digital Planets » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 am

Let her do it, then as the parent become the highest bidder, win, and make the biggest shitteating grin as she insults your dick size and says 'lets get it over with' and you tell her not yet, but her virginity is still your prize ad you'll have it when you decide to have it. After that, post that shit on 4chan and watch the keks roll in, because unless North Korea launches some missiles nothing will top that.
So you decide to open it anyway? What the heck, man?

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 am

Sovaal wrote:If shes an adult, disapprove highly and tell her so at great length. If she gets arrested get her a lawyer I guess.

If still a dependent ground her. Forever, like a year.

Fixed that for you.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:01 am

I wonder what psychological scars she'd get if I managed to outbid everyone and than insist she go through with it.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 am

Veleth wrote:If she still lives in my house, take away her computer and phone I guess.

and if she takes them back?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:35 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Veleth wrote:If she still lives in my house, take away her computer and phone I guess.

Irrelevant if she can't find them.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I take it you've never been grounded before.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

Genivaria wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I take it you've never been grounded before.

Been there. The fallout at ground zero is bad when the bombs grounded.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:27 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:So let's say a scenario that has happened in a TV show does play out in real life.

You have a young adult daughter. The young adult daughter lives with you and is economically, financially, socially dependent on you.

One day you find out that your daughter is working on a project to protest the Western world ignoring sex trade/slavery issues in the Third World... by going online and auctioning her virginity to the highest bidder (and drawing attention to this with Facebook, Twitter, blogs etc).

Your daughter insists that "this is the way" to protest the issue and that she has a social consciousness. She says the world needs to see a privileged upper/middle class girl auctioning her virginity online to realise the extent to which exploitation exists in less fortunate parts of the world. Her own life has to Matter and this is how she's going to make a stand.

Let's say that in this scenario, prostitution is entirely legal worldwide (so we don't have to consider mechanical arguments about illegality, fines, imprisonment etc).

Now how would you respond to this?

1. What would you say to her?
2. Would you attempt to stop the project/online auction? If so, what specific actions would you take?
3. How much of a point do you think she has (if any)?

I would be uneasy about it at first.

However, I think that after a while, I would come to the rightful conclusion that having liberal values means that sometimes you have to live by your words, and not just sit on them. If my daughter wants to do this, then its 100% her choice and if I don't support her then I will personally be an authoritarian, old school, hypocritical, politically incorrect bastard. And I can't have that. And so it is with a very heavy heart, that I would have to allow the auction to proceed. I don't like the idea of my daughter auctioning her virginity... but if I support Freedom, I have to support Freedom.

Personally though, I don't think she has a point. Fact of the matter is, the exploitation in the Third World will continue and there is no doubt that she will regret her decision later in life.

The age if the kid, and how much control I have over her really comes into play, an 18 year old in college would get a different response than a 24 year old living on her own (not to mention a daughter of mine being a virgin at 24?).

The essential part would be that if she wants to be a whore as a career choice, I am against it. I still love her, but I would prefer her not to be a sex worker.

If she is 18 and still in collegend I would hit her with "since you are supporting yourself as a whore you may as well pay for college yourself". Obviously if she backs down I would continue to pay for college.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Stellonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stellonia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Stellonia wrote:If I were to have a "young adult" child (this is the wording used in the OP), I would have already kicked them out of the house. Therefore, if my (hypothetical) daughter subsequently chose to sell their virginity to the highest bidder, there would be little I could do to stop her, if I even wanted to.

Why would she already have been kicked out?

You don't like daughters?

I have no intention of having my adult children continue to live with me. Once they go off to university, they will move out permanently.

War Gears
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 am

Jokes on her, I will never have children.
Parasparopagraho Jīvānām.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 am

War Gears wrote:Jokes on her, I will never have children.

"But Daddy!"
"You're adopted."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General