NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAThread XI: Button, Button, Who's Got The Button?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Change This To An "American Politics" Thread?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes : 214

Novowarsawianka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Novowarsawianka » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Novowarsawianka wrote:
Speaking of Warren, she faked her ancestry to appear as a minority to get a job, what is even worse, later she claimed that it was an honest mistake, cause her grandfather (or greatgrandfather) had, and I quote, "high cheekbones". Equalizing all of native American heretige to "high cheekbones" is as "racially ignorant" as anything Trump is being accussed of. He is awkward at times though I'll give you that.

He made comments on illegal immigrants, who are committing a crime by default, which is the unauthorized crossing of a border of a sovereign nation.
You trying to equalize illegals with hard working and intelligent legals is also highly ignorant if not offensive.

Know what else is offensive? How Trump puts so much emphasis on legal immigration, andn then does everything in his power to make it impossible for anyone who isn't white to immigrate legally.

Passing a law which samples people immigrating by race is not possible, nor has there been made a try to make such a thing.

Or are you implying that only white people are educated and qualified?

Eibenland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eibenland » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Novowarsawianka wrote:
Clintonburge wrote:
You do know there are good places to live within those countries, right? Geez, blind nationalistic elitism is annoying,

Surely you joke?

Do you fathom how tiny those "good places" are? You do realize than a tiny minority is well off while the rest lives in dystopic conditions?

Yes. People are forgetting that shithole and "poor" are not the same. Poor is a statement of fact. Shithole is going out of your way to insult.
Puppet of Geilinor. Add 40,000 posts.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 pm

36 Camera Perspective wrote:
Novowarsawianka wrote:
Speaking of Warren, she faked her ancestry to appear as a minority to get a job, what is even worse, later she claimed that it was an honest mistake, cause her grandfather (or greatgrandfather) had, and I quote, "high cheekbones". Equalizing all of native American heretige to "high cheekbones" is as "racially ignorant" as anything Trump is being accussed of. He is awkward at times though I'll give you that.

He made comments on illegal immigrants, who are committing a crime by default, which is the unauthorized crossing of a border of a sovereign nation.
You trying to equalize illegals with hard working and intelligent legals is also highly ignorant if not offensive.

He called Warren Pocahontas because he thinks she's not a real native, not because she is a native. That's what people don't understand.

And the absolutely necessary Pocahontas shot at Warren during a ceremony honoring the Navajo Codetalkers.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Novowarsawianka wrote:
Clintonburge wrote:
You do know there are good places to live within those countries, right? Geez, blind nationalistic elitism is annoying,

Surely you joke?

Do you fathom how tiny those "good places" are? You do realize than a tiny minority is well off while the rest lives in dystopic conditions?

I guess the USA is also a horrible place to live, since most good places are in large communities/cities.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
What's sad, as a legal immigrant and naturalized citizen, is that even after the election we're thrown around like some sort of political tool by both sides, and neither sides really gives a fuck about us.

As if you're really all that special in that regard.

It's an observation, really, more than anything else.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Novowarsawianka wrote:

What's sad, as a legal immigrant and naturalized citizen, is that even after the election we're thrown around like some sort of political tool by both sides, and neither sides really gives a fuck about us.

It's not even amusing, just sad at this point.

I mean, neither side has really given a crap about anyone in quite some time, to be fair. But it's still sad nonetheless.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Idzequitch wrote:

It's not even amusing, just sad at this point.

I mean, neither side has really given a crap about anyone in quite some time, to be fair. But it's still sad nonetheless.

Sides have to give a crap about someone, otherwise they just wouldn't get elected.

They just happen not to be assorted groups of people. Take your pick.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Novowarsawianka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Novowarsawianka » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Clintonburge wrote:
Novowarsawianka wrote:
Surely you joke?

I guess the USA is also a horrible place to live, since most good places are in large communities/cities.

Okay, so, let me get this straight, you just equalized rural America to places where people are shot on a daily bases, kids taken to be child soldiers, water being a luxury, healthcare barely being existant, people thrown into forced labor, corruption being rampant, wars errupting every now and then, and so on?

Minachia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Minachia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Clintonburge wrote:“Crazy” Donald Trump calls up Fox News all the time, network executive says

President Donald Trump is not only a rabid fan of cable news titan Fox News but also regularly calls the network to praise segments and explain how he’s “learned something,” according to a report published Thursday.

Literal State Media.

"Literal State Media" implies that it is owned and operated directly by the government, which it isn't. Just because Trump prefers FNC doesn't mean it's state media.
Be a good person and don't use NS stats. The insane ones, at least.
Full name: Caero-Minachia. The CH is hard because Italian spelling.
Basically Rome, but Christian and modern.
Now with more Slavs!
Our leader has a ridiculously long title.
Carthago delenda est.
Lutheran Christian (LCMS), politically apathetic (
though I have gotten recent interest in Christian Democracy).
Elparia's Official Florida Man.
Christ is King, even if you don't believe it.
♔ Monarchist
Una buonissima canzone.
More OOC crap.
Discord, 'cause why not?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Novowarsawianka wrote:Surely you joke?

What a fucking shithole, fucking shithole African countries, there's no future in them, why the fuck do we let all these African countries send the wretched refuse of their teeming shore to our great nation?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
36 Camera Perspective wrote:
He called Warren Pocahontas because he thinks she's not a real native, not because she is a native. That's what people don't understand.

And the absolutely necessary Pocahontas shot at Warren during a ceremony honoring the Navajo Codetalkers.

Stupid, but not racist. An attempt to create a contrast between her and "real" natives.
Power, power, the law of the land
Those living for death
Will die by their own hand

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I mean, neither side has really given a crap about anyone in quite some time, to be fair. But it's still sad nonetheless.

Sides have to give a crap about someone, otherwise they just wouldn't get elected.

If they really did give a shit they wouldn't just throw empty promises they can't keep.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012

Postby Uiiop » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Novowarsawianka wrote:

A crime that's in the same category as jaywalking mind. That type of criminality in itself doesn't make them the type that will do anything else like the statement implies(He says that they were already criminals. Otherwise the crime can't be "Brought over".)
Also i haven't seen any actual proof of fakery on Warren's part or any effect on empolyment. according to this she just over-focuses on parts on her dna and family anecdotes.
Last edited by Uiiop on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NSTransparency

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Minachia wrote:

"Literal State Media" implies that it is owned and operated directly by the government, which it isn't. Just because Trump prefers FNC doesn't mean it's state media.

It's Republican Party Media right from the day Roger Ailes helped found it.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Novowarsawianka wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Know what else is offensive? How Trump puts so much emphasis on legal immigration, andn then does everything in his power to make it impossible for anyone who isn't white to immigrate legally.

Passing a law which samples people immigrating by race is not possible, nor has there been made a try to make such a thing.

Baby steps, baby steps. First he targets Arab countries with a travel ban, and now he kicks out Latinos who have been here legally for years. Tells them to go bacm to their shithole. Even Trump isn't deluded enough to think he could do stop their immigration directly. But the opening moves directly targetting certain people groups have been made.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Trumptonium
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Clintonburge wrote:
Novowarsawianka wrote:
Again I ask, how is calling out horrible nations whose people live in misery, a racist thing?

And sure, let people vote against him once they have a sane and rational alternative, which currently seems to be a lack there of, unless you know of someone I have not noticed that has made the bit?

There is a difference between a bigot and a racist. I called #45 a bigot, which he is.

And what do you mean by "horrible nations" I know he mentioned Haiti, but are you saying that nations of Africa are all horrible? Because it was not made clear which African nations #45 was talking about, so many assume it could be any of them.

Can you name examples of those that aren't?

The only half-desirable places in Africa are Botswana and Angola.
Pro: Things and people I like
Anti: Things and people I dislike

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Novowarsawianka wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:Know what else is offensive? How Trump puts so much emphasis on legal immigration, andn then does everything in his power to make it impossible for anyone who isn't white to immigrate legally.

Glad your no longer propagating the fake news that illegal immigrants are committing a "crime", "by default".

Novowarsawianka wrote:
Last edited by Clintonburge on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Novowarsawianka wrote:Surely you joke?

What a fucking shithole, fucking shithole African countries, there's no future in them, why the fuck do we let all these African countries send the wretched refuse of their teeming shore to our great nation?

The above is why I don't understand the obsession with "qualified" immigrants who can contribute to society, as if to say most migrants don't want to better themselves when they come here? Isn't that, like, the whole point of migration?

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

36 Camera Perspective wrote:Stupid, but not racist. An attempt to create a contrast between her and "real" natives.

At what point does making consistently stupid and offensive remarks that are race related lead into racism? Jesus Christ.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

36 Camera Perspective wrote:Stupid, but not racist. An attempt to create a contrast between her and "real" natives.

At what point does making consistently stupid and offensive remarks that are race related lead into racism? Jesus Christ.

Eibenland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eibenland » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Trumptonium wrote:
Clintonburge wrote:
There is a difference between a bigot and a racist. I called #45 a bigot, which he is.

And what do you mean by "horrible nations" I know he mentioned Haiti, but are you saying that nations of Africa are all horrible? Because it was not made clear which African nations #45 was talking about, so many assume it could be any of them.

Can you name examples of those that aren't?

The only half-desirable places in Africa are Botswana and Angola.

Mauritius, Namibia, South Africa, and Gabon are all better than Angola.
Puppet of Geilinor. Add 40,000 posts.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Valrifell wrote:

If they really did give a shit they wouldn't just throw empty promises they can't keep.

You know, part of me really believes that these politicians do want to keep their promises, but external and more cynical circumstances prevent them from doing so.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012

Postby Uiiop » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Valrifell wrote:

The above is why I don't understand the obsession with "qualified" immigrants who can contribute to society, as if to say most migrants don't want to better themselves when they come here? Isn't that, like, the whole point of migration?

This shit is just replacing biological determinism with geographic determinism at best. ugh
#NSTransparency

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:I mean, neither side has really given a crap about anyone in quite some time, to be fair. But it's still sad nonetheless.

Deceiving someone into voting for you with empty promises doesn't quite meet the criteria for "giving a crap" in my book.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

At the point they actually reflect the belief that some races are superior to others, and not just a petty attempt at saying "These are the real native Americans, and you're just a pretender."
Power, power, the law of the land
Those living for death
Will die by their own hand

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General