NATION

PASSWORD

BearDog or DogBear?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thaioggdol
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thaioggdol » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:41 am

Alright, time to talk seriously.

Presuming the thing is real, it's obviously a dog. My guess is that an illegal breeder tried to breed some dogs, but failed horribly. I would adopt it though because I could pretend it is a bear dog hybrid.
No NS stats used because Thaioggdol ate them.
Topoliani's puppet who is heavily based on Nyarlathotep

Putting the "God" back in "Godmodding" since December 2017

Old Varegia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Varegia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 am

Thaioggdol wrote:Alright, time to talk seriously.

Presuming the thing is real, it's obviously a dog. My guess is that an illegal breeder tried to breed some dogs, but failed horribly. I would adopt it though because I could pretend it is a bear dog hybrid.

Yes.
- -НАРОДНАЯ IМПЄРIЯ ВАРЄГII- -
- NARODNAYA IMPERIYA VAREGII -
THE PEOPLE'S EMPIRE OF VAREGIA
Factbooks | OOC | Now Playing
A nation with a long and violent history, once divided, now united, but barely. Control of the country is contested by three main individuals- the Tsar, the President, and the Supreme Commander.

Etats confederes d Amerique
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Etats confederes d Amerique » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Thaioggdol wrote:It's obviously neither

It's obviously a MAN-BEAR-PIG

My god, your right!

Nope its obviously the Russians trying to make this in real life.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:50 am

Etats confederes d Amerique wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:My god, your right!

Nope its obviously the Russians trying to make this in real life.

No that's Putins secret son. This creature is Putins girlfriend
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Thaioggdol
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Thaioggdol » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:52 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:-snip-

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:52 am

Fun fact. The Soviet Union actually tried breeding human women and chimps. Did not work out.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Thaioggdol
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Thaioggdol » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 am

Purpelia wrote:Fun fact. The Soviet Union actually tried breeding human women and chimps. Did not work out.

Why though? They tryin to recreate Neanderthals or some crap?
Last edited by Thaioggdol on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 am

Thaioggdol wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Fun fact. The Soviet Union actually tried breeding human women and chimps. Did not work out.

Why though? They tryin to recreate Neanderthals or some crap?

IIRC it was during their angsty teenage years whilst Lenin was still alive. The Soviet Union did many silly things back than.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 am

Thaioggdol wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:-snip-

I'll never hide the truth!
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 am

If it's really a mixture of both, does that mean I get to feed it honey as well as dog food?
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 am

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:If it's really a mixture of both, does that mean I get to feed it honey as well as dog food?

Just leave a picnic basket out for it every once in a while and you'll be fine.

Methodological Individualism
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Methodological Individualism » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 am

Etats confederes d Amerique wrote:. Could this be a hybrid breed illegally by breeders, created in a lab, or a mutation by radioactive substances somewhere in Russia?

I'm voting for "four legged mammals sometimes look similar because black magick."

The Greater Siriusian Domain
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Siriusian Domain » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 am

I feel sorry for him. And on top of that he's ADORABLE!!! I hope he can learn to trust people again and find a good home.
"For a mind so determined to reach the sky, on the wings of a dream!" - Sanctity, Zeppo
This nation's factbook supersedes NS stats and issues, but does not completely replace them. If there is a conflict, the Factbook is correct.

Isentran has been DENOUNCED for proposing legislation that would destroy the economy of the Greater Siriusian Domain
The Greater Siriusian Domain is a borderline Class Z9 Civilization according to this scale

Primary Ambassador: Teran Saber, Male Siriusian. Snarky, slightly arrogant.
Substitute Ambassador: Ra'lingth, Male En'gari. Speaks with emphasized "s" sounds.

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:40 am

Thaioggdol wrote:Alright, time to talk seriously.

Presuming the thing is real, it's obviously a dog. My guess is that an illegal breeder tried to breed some dogs, but failed horribly..

failed horribly? I'd say getting a dog that looks like a small bear was a huge success. There would certainly be a big demand for them, at least in the west (do Russians also think bears are adorable?)

its not the breeding thats the problem is the mistreatment in the doghandling

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:If it's really a mixture of both, does that mean I get to feed it honey as well as dog food?

you should feed your dog honey anyway, its good for them (in moderation) although over indulgence can lead to obseity and diabetes
Last edited by Cetacea on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 am

Well, for the name, it has to depend on the portmanteau.

If we use, say,, human-chimpanzee hybrids as an example, we usually put the father first in the portmanteau and the mother second.

Thus, if the father was a bear and the mother a dog, I suppose it could be called a "BearDog," but I prefer "Bog" or "Beg." If the mother was a bear, however, we could use "DogBear," or "Dear."

Honestly, I think that the creature is just a dog who looks a bit like a bear. But considering the huge demand that may be there, I would not be surprised if there are puppy mills catering to that species.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General