NATION

PASSWORD

Bomb explodes in NYC, man wearing wires arrested

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:55 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
New Greater Netherlands wrote:
Poland?

Poland has closed borders? That is news to me. I can literally cross from Germany into Poland without any obstacles to stop me...

I think he means the whole "We're not taking any immigrants or refugees."
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:They are treating him yes? Then it doesn't matter what the peanut gallery thinks

True but its truly sad how uninformed and mean people can be.

Uninformed? The guy should be shot, not treated. If he's a terrorist, he doesn't deserve rights. It's called common sense. I hope he dies on that table.
All hail the Grand Overseer! He is truly a blessing for us all!
(FYI: If you haven't figured it out already, this nation only slightly represents my own beliefs.)

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Dominatus wrote:
San Lumen wrote:True but its truly sad how uninformed and mean people can be.

Uninformed? The guy should be shot, not treated. If he's a terrorist, he doesn't deserve rights. It's called common sense. I hope he dies on that table.

So you want to make a martyr of him to inspire others?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Dylar wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Poland has closed borders? That is news to me. I can literally cross from Germany into Poland without any obstacles to stop me...

I think he means the whole "We're not taking any immigrants or refugees."

I could easily migrate to Poland if I want to.
The Blaatschapen should resign

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Poland?

Poland has closed borders? That is news to me. I can literally cross from Germany into Poland without any obstacles to stop me...

Why aren't there any terrorists and terrorist attacks then in Poland?
Name: Dave Hagen
Born: February 17, 1997
Political orientation: Conservative
Religion: Christianity (Protestant)

Current date: 1 augustus 1918
De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Dominatus wrote:

Yeah, summarily executing him is not going to change anything, except satiate some misplaced thirst for revenge.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:05 pm

So, an immigrant who came here through chain migration. Well, I guess this is going to be quietly swept under the rug.
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Martyr? Please. We'd be sending a message once we purge everyone involved and deport their families as well. We don't just go for the terrorists, because that would make him a martyr like you suggest.

But after we execute them, we detain their immediate family and deport the rest. They'll back down then. Oh, and close down the damned borders.

Once they realize they aren't the only ones being held accountable for their actions, and their family will pay too, they'll back off.
(FYI: If you haven't figured it out already, this nation only slightly represents my own beliefs.)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Poland has closed borders? That is news to me. I can literally cross from Germany into Poland without any obstacles to stop me...

Why aren't there any terrorists and terrorist attacks then in Poland?

Probably because terrorists don't give a shit about Poland?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Kramania wrote:So, an immigrant who came here through chain migration. Well, I guess this is going to be quietly swept under the rug.

Agreed. We'll forget about this come next week. Something has to give. Something will give. Eventually these migrants won't be welcome here for much longer.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Dominatus wrote:Martyr? Please. We'd be sending a message once we purge everyone involved and deport their families as well. We don't just go for the terrorists, because that would make him a martyr like you suggest.

But after we execute them, we detain their immediate family and deport the rest. They'll back down then. Oh, and close down the damned borders.

Once they realize they aren't the only ones being held accountable for their actions, and their family will pay too, they'll back off.

You presume much.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Aaand there we go with the casual xenophobia.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Vassenor wrote:Aaand there we go with the casual xenophobia.

Aaand here with go with the "if you want to control immigration you're a xenophobe".
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Dominatus wrote:Martyr? Please. We'd be sending a message once we purge everyone involved and deport their families as well. We don't just go for the terrorists, because that would make him a martyr like you suggest.

You presume much.

I do? If that doesn't work, I guess mass deportations will have to work. If we deport all of these people and ban any more of them from coming in, it'll stop guaranteed. Would you rather have a real Muslim ban or kill the terrorists and detain their families for long periods of time? Either one will work. That or we suffer more terrorist attacks.

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:10 pm

He probably was just an electrician and this is just government overreach and overreaction.
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:11 pm

I don't care if you call me a xenophobe. It's been said so much, I honestly don't care. Call me what you like, but at the end of the day, I'm doing what is possible to save lives. I'd rather hurt some feelings than allow people to be slaughtered. You support the opposite.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Dominatus wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
You presume much.

I do? If that doesn't work, I guess mass deportations will have to work. If we deport all of these people and ban any more of them from coming in, it'll stop guaranteed. Would you rather have a real Muslim ban or kill the terrorists and detain their families for long periods of time? Either one will work. That or we suffer more terrorist attacks.

Did Ethnic Cleansing stop being a crime against humanity while I wasn't looking?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Dominatus wrote:

I don't care if you call me a xenophobe. It's been said so much, I honestly don't care. Call me what you like, but at the end of the day, I'm doing what is possible to save lives. I'd rather hurt some feelings than allow people to be slaughtered. You support the opposite.

Oh really? Show me where I supported people being slaughtered.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Dominatus wrote:

I don't care if you call me a xenophobe. It's been said so much, I honestly don't care. Call me what you like, but at the end of the day, I'm doing what is possible to save lives.

Which involves...doing what exactly? Posting on a forum?

Wave on, wave on

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 pm

No it's not xenophobia
Name: Dave Hagen
Born: February 17, 1997
Political orientation: Conservative
Religion: Christianity (Protestant)

Current date: 1 augustus 1918
De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

Soritarius
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Soritarius » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Dominatus wrote:

It ain't common sense it's called PATRIOT ACT
There's a good chance this guy will never see a court or the light of day again

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Dominatus wrote:I don't care if you call me a xenophobe. It's been said so much, I honestly don't care. Call me what you like, but at the end of the day, I'm doing what is possible to save lives. I'd rather hurt some feelings than allow people to be slaughtered. You support the opposite.

What would you do to stop terrorist attacks? I don't see you coming up with any solutions, and you consider the most viable solution to be "Making people martyrs".

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Dominatus wrote:I don't care if you call me a xenophobe. It's been said so much, I honestly don't care. Call me what you like, but at the end of the day, I'm doing what is possible to save lives.

Which involves...doing what exactly? Posting on a forum?

I'm coming up with ideas that can be presented to government officials. Cold-hearted, yes, but viable solutions to the terrorism problem.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Dominatus wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

What would you do to stop terrorist attacks? I don't see you coming up with any solutions, and you consider the most viable solution to be "Making people martyrs".

Vassenor never proposed making people martyrs. Straw man. Straw. Man.

Wave on, wave on

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Dominatus wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

So what makes your idea "the most viable solution"?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General