NATION

PASSWORD

Bomb explodes in NYC, man wearing wires arrested

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Dominatus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Which involves...doing what exactly? Posting on a forum?

I'm coming up with ideas that can be presented to government officials. Cold-hearted, yes, but viable solutions to the terrorism problem.

Yup, that will do precisely nothing, you might as well write the ideas on a toilet stall wall.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Intelligeneria
Attaché

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Intelligeneria » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Dominatus wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
You presume much.

I do? If that doesn't work, I guess mass deportations will have to work. If we deport all of these people and ban any more of them from coming in, it'll stop guaranteed. Would you rather have a real Muslim ban or kill the terrorists and detain their families for long periods of time? Either one will work. That or we suffer more terrorist attacks.

Right. A Muslim ban. Because that makes total sense. Around 3 million people are Muslims. They all pray to roughly the same God, and follow the same book. They often use the same terms. That's about all they all have in common. Out of all the 3 million, there are massive view differences. Do you really believe all 3 million of those human beings are evil terrorists? If so, you're wrong. Muslims are mostly just ordinary Americans, going about their lives.
Charles Watson-Turing-Donald,
Prime Minister of New United Kingdom,
Grey Warden

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Dominatus wrote:What would you do to stop terrorist attacks? I don't see you coming up with any solutions, and you consider the most viable solution to be "Making people martyrs".

Vassenor never proposed making people martyrs. Straw man. Straw. Man.

You read that wrong.
"Dominatus wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
True but its truly sad how uninformed and mean people can be.

Uninformed? The guy should be shot, not treated. If he's a terrorist, he doesn't deserve rights. It's called common sense. I hope he dies on that table.

So you want to make a martyr of him to inspire others?"
All hail the Grand Overseer! He is truly a blessing for us all!
(FYI: If you haven't figured it out already, this nation only slightly represents my own beliefs.)

Soritarius
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Soritarius » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Dominatus wrote:What would you do to stop terrorist attacks? I don't see you coming up with any solutions, and you consider the most viable solution to be "Making people martyrs".

So what makes your idea "the most viable solution"?

It makes him feel good cause he finally gets back at those darn brown people

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Or here's a better question: How will the threat of death deter people from committing acts that they expect to die in the commission of?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Soritarius
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Soritarius » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Vassenor wrote:Or here's a better question: How will the threat of death deter people from committing acts that they expect to die in the commission of?

WE'RE GUNNA TAKE THE TERRERRIST JERBS

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Dominatus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Vassenor never proposed making people martyrs. Straw man. Straw. Man.

You read that wrong.

Not really, you made it out as if Vassenor thinks that making people martyrs is a viable solution, but she clearly doesn't.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Dominatus wrote:
I'm coming up with ideas that can be presented to government officials. Cold-hearted, yes, but viable solutions to the terrorism problem.

It would solve the problem, I personally think we should use deportation and travel bans as a standard approach. Deport all drug addicts, gun owners, fat people etc. Ideally we can get it down to where it's just me and maybe two or three other people who can act out the apocalypse until it gets boring and we go to mexico.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Intelligeneria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Intelligeneria » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Dominatus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Vassenor never proposed making people martyrs. Straw man. Straw. Man.

You read that wrong.

No, you wrote that wrong.
Grey Warden

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Intelligeneria wrote:
Dominatus wrote:
I do? If that doesn't work, I guess mass deportations will have to work. If we deport all of these people and ban any more of them from coming in, it'll stop guaranteed. Would you rather have a real Muslim ban or kill the terrorists and detain their families for long periods of time? Either one will work. That or we suffer more terrorist attacks.

Right. A Muslim ban. Because that makes total sense. Around 3 million people are Muslims. They all pray to roughly the same God, and follow the same book. They often use the same terms. That's about all they all have in common. Out of all the 3 million, there are massive view differences. Do you really believe all 3 million of those human beings are evil terrorists? If so, you're wrong. Muslims are mostly just ordinary Americans, going about their lives.

No, not all of them are evil terrorists. The problem is that they don't mix. How many nonwhites do you see conforming to white traditions? Ha, none. Nations weren't made to be melting pots. Humans are tribalistic, which means we're better off with our own subgroups.
(FYI: If you haven't figured it out already, this nation only slightly represents my own beliefs.)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Dominatus wrote:No, not all of them are evil terrorists. The problem is that they don't mix. How many nonwhites do you see conforming to white traditions? Ha, none. Nations weren't made to be melting pots. Humans are tribalistic, which means we're better off with our own subgroups.

You are getting dangerously close to sliding into general racism.

Wave on, wave on

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Dominatus wrote:

It would solve the problem, I personally think we should use deportation and travel bans as a standard approach. Deport all drug addicts, gun owners, fat people etc. Ideally we can get it down to where it's just me and maybe two or three other people who can act out the apocalypse until it gets boring and we go to mexico.

Drug users should be imprisoned for no less than fifty years.
Gun ownership isn't a problem, it's the people behind it.
Social programs can be enacted to help fat people lose pounds and go to a healthy weight.

I know your point, but it doesn't work in this case.

Intelligeneria
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Intelligeneria » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Dominatus wrote:
Intelligeneria wrote:

No, not all of them are evil terrorists. The problem is that they don't mix. How many nonwhites do you see conforming to white traditions? Ha, none. Nations weren't made to be melting pots. Humans are tribalistic, which means we're better off with our own subgroups.

Erm...what? I'm not white. I go to a school with mostly white people. I take part in Christmas traditions, I read books written by white people, a lot of my friends are white, etc. That point makes no sense whatsoever. Like, 50% of the people I know are non-whites taking part in so-called, "white traditions". Do you use the numbers 1,2,3,4, etc.? That's a non-white tradition, you'd better stop, otherwise people will think you're leaving your subgroup.
Grey Warden

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Dominatus wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:It would solve the problem, I personally think we should use deportation and travel bans as a standard approach. Deport all drug addicts, gun owners, fat people etc. Ideally we can get it down to where it's just me and maybe two or three other people who can act out the apocalypse until it gets boring and we go to mexico.

Social programs can be enacted to help fat people lose pounds and go to a healthy weight.

Um, I hate to break it to you, but I think Des-Bal was being sarcastic...

Wave on, wave on

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Dominatus wrote:No, not all of them are evil terrorists. The problem is that they don't mix. How many nonwhites do you see conforming to white traditions? Ha, none. Nations weren't made to be melting pots. Humans are tribalistic, which means we're better off with our own subgroups.

You are getting dangerously close to sliding into general racism.

It's not racist. It's human nature. That's the way humanity has always been. We can coexist, just in different countries. We can still have people vacation and stuff, but living in and sucking welfare from a country your people didn't build isn't something I'm fond of.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Dominatus wrote:

If you just said "pants weren't made for wearing" you couldn't possibly be more wrong. The entire idea of a nation is that you have a culture that supercedes all other cultures, the purpose of a nation is to be a cultural group that respects the boundaries of a territorial state. The reason that the territorial nation-state has survived as the sole relevant system of governance is because tribalism is stupid and the cultures who practice it die in ignominity.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Dominatus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You are getting dangerously close to sliding into general racism.

It's not racist. It's human nature. That's the way humanity has always been. We can coexist, just in different countries. We can still have people vacation and stuff, but living in and sucking welfare from a country your people didn't build isn't something I'm fond of.

Everybody take a shot.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Dominatus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You are getting dangerously close to sliding into general racism.

And the slide continues downward...

Wave on, wave on

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Dominatus wrote:

My point was that all of you should leave the country so I can touch your things until the infrastructure gives out.

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Dominatus wrote:

Um, I hate to break it to you, but I think Des-Bal was being sarcastic...

Of course he's being sarcastic. He means that just because a few people do something bad and are part of a certain group doesn't mean the group is bad. The problem is, that's a really broad brush he's painting with.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Dominatus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Um, I hate to break it to you, but I think Des-Bal was being sarcastic...

Of course he's being sarcastic. He means that just because a few people do something bad and are part of a certain group doesn't mean the group is bad. The problem is, that's a really broad brush he's painting with.

Hypocrisy! Sheer hypocrisy!

Wave on, wave on

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Dominatus wrote:

A more accurate summation would have been "putting aside all arguments against it's efficacy, your solution is worse than the problem." Are we hampered by gun owners, fat people, and drug addicts? Sure. Is mass deportation a worthwhile solution? No. There is nothing to elevate your proposition into actual consideration. It is absurd.

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Dominatus wrote:

Hypocrisy! Sheer hypocrisy!

Dammit. You got me. XD Almost thought you guys weren't going to figure it out.
Last edited by Dominatus (Ancient) on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Dominatus wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Hypocrisy! Sheer hypocrisy!

Dammit. You got me. XD

It really isn't funny...

Wave on, wave on

Dominatus (Ancient)
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus (Ancient) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Dominatus wrote:
Dammit. You got me. XD

It really isn't funny...

It's just a joke, calm down. Besides, only the thing about killing the terrorists was real.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General