NATION

PASSWORD

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 am

Genivaria wrote:According to Alternate History Hub they think that if Japan didn't bring the US into the war then the Soviet Union would dominate most of the world.

I mean that's probably the most likely out come, although the war would probably extend for a few years and several million more dead.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Coalition of North American States
Secretary

Founded: May 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Coalition of North American States » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:15 am

If Pearl Harbor never happened, we would probably live in a very different world. Remember our soldiers who fought and died for our freedom. Remember the fallen, respect them, so their sacrifice does not go in vain.
Independent American. I support the Bill of Rights. I DO NOT support either party. Or the Green Party, or the Libertarian Party. I'm purely Independent.

Call me CoNAS

Copy and paste this into your sig if you think the two party system is bad.
Generation 41, the first time you see this copy and paste it to your sig and add 1 to the generation

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:16 am

Deian salazar wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Take away lend lease and the war would go on even longer.

Yup. But the Nazis would lose, it was inevitable.
The South Americans may have had more impact perhaps,

Doubt it. The only Latin American countries to send armed forces in any significant numbers where Mexico (fighter attachment with the Americans in the Pacific) and the Brazilians. They where fine with just being the Allies' grocery store.
the Chinese,

Dout it. During the war they where extremel;y relighent on supplies and weapons from the US and Uk (and Soviets as well I think, might be post war). Aside from that the Japanese pretty much had them beat, and there was only one road into China from British India. and the Japanese captured it irl too.
Arabs,

Under the control of the English and French, mainly used as for resources and strategic positioning.
maybe Turks

Doubt it.
, and Australians+Canadians as well.

The Aussies might be able to repel any potential Japanese invasion, but besides that I see them mainly doing as much as they did in the irl war.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:17 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Deian salazar wrote:Hey, better than the Nazis and Japanese, the Japanese had a terrible military strategy(But were great at tactics), the Nazis were alright but couldn't take out all of the USSR if they tried.
FDR would no doubt keep up lend lease and selling stuff to boost the economy which would help the USSR.
It'd take longer, but the Nazis and Japanese would lose.

Take away lend lease and the war would go on even longer. Eliminate the rest of the Allies and the war would go on much longer.

We've always been at war with Nazi Germany, Comrade.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 am

NERVUN wrote:
Deian salazar wrote:The Soviet Union had a much more effective strategy and military, in 1942 that is.

... Keep throwing people at the problem until the problem goes away?

Quantity is its own quality
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
NERVUN wrote:... Keep throwing people at the problem until the problem goes away?

One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic.

Took me a while to realise the truth behind that quote.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:27 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
NERVUN wrote:... Keep throwing people at the problem until the problem goes away?

British Brains, American Brawn, and Russian Blood.
Ura.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:29 am

Genivaria wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Quantity is its own quality

British Brains, American Brawn, and Russian Blood.
Ura.

So is that how they made Captain America, just combine the body parts of three Allied soldiers together?

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:33 am

Sovaal wrote:
Genivaria wrote:British Brains, American Brawn, and Russian Blood.
Ura.

So is that how they made Captain America, just combine the body parts of three Allied soldiers together?

Hahaha.
Yeah the British and American parts volunteered, the Russian parts GOT volunteered. :p

Summertimequestionswine
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Summertimequestionswine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 pm

What do you think about Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day?

I don't?

For real. :?

Up until I saw this, I legit forget this was a thing.

Wow, Franky was wrong. That day did not live in infamy, at all.
Last edited by Summertimequestionswine on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Summertimequestionswine wrote:
What do you think about Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day?

I don't?

Well if it makes you feel alright this year I forgot my birthday.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Hatterleigh
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Iverna wrote:
Genivaria wrote:According to Alternate History Hub they think that if Japan didn't bring the US into the war then the Soviet Union would dominate most of the world.

That's if the allies had even won.
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: William Botrum entering last days in office - President-elect Rood preparing or term
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.

Summertimequestionswine
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Summertimequestionswine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Sovaal wrote:
I don't?

Well if it makes you feel alright this year I forgot my birthday.

You didn't have anyone to remind you bud? Wife? Doting helicopter mom? Weirdly overly enthusiastic HR person who's far too involved in everyone's personal lives at your job? Alexa? No one?

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Sovaal wrote:Well if it makes you feel alright this year I forgot my birthday.

You didn't have anyone to remind you bud? Wife? Doting helicopter mom? Weirdly overly enthusiastic HR person who's far too involved in everyone's personal lives at your job? Alexa? No one?

Oh, I was reminded, it's just that until I was reminded I had no idea that it was that day.
Last edited by Sovaal on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Summertimequestionswine
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Summertimequestionswine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Sovaal wrote:

Oh, I was reminded, it's just that until I was reminded I had no idea that it was that day.

You know what it probably was? You work too hard.

You need to relax, enjoy life and try to remember your purely symbolic celebratory occasions like your birthday. You don't know how many more of those you have you know?

Summertimequestionswine
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Summertimequestionswine » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Deian salazar wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Well if it makes you feel alright this year I forgot my birthday.

I forget several stuff.
Maybe that's why my friends always forget my birthday...

Don't worry, they're probably just being passive aggressive.

You know, 'forgetting' your birthday and then going off to a cafe or a party or something and snickering to one another about how mad you'll be that they forgot your special day?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Sovaal wrote:Oh, I was reminded, it's just that until I was reminded I had no idea that it was that day.

You know what it probably was? You work too hard.

You need to relax, enjoy life and try to remember your purely symbolic celebratory occasions like your birthday. You don't know how many more of those you have you know?

This has been your daily reminder of your own mortality, because THAT'S what I needed today. :p

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General