NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control: Shiny Toy Guns

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Am I Right?

Yeah, mostly, seems agreeable.
156
22%
Dunno/Not sure/Not American and I think that matters
40
6%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be more restricted.
187
26%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be less restricted.
287
40%
JC Christ CM come back when the meds wear off
54
7%
 
Total votes : 724

User avatar
Ors Might
Minister
 
Posts: 3314
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am

I didnt vote for Trump wrote:
Ors Might wrote:Yeah why would proponents for self defense care about people being killed :roll:

Lmao

The only time you pay attention to the homicide rate is when you google it so you can argue on nationstates.

Yes, yes. And all gun owners Christian their guns in the blood of the innocent blah blah.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48543
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am

Ors Might wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Nah man I’m just a gun owner totally incapable of human feelings like sympathy or empathy don’t mind me.

Hey you busy tonight? It’s my turn to wrangle up some orphans for target practice at the range. Really been needing to test out my new heat seeking infinite ammunition

Haha look at this noob. He uses orphans and not sweet old ladies and heat seeking exploding incendiary infinite ammo
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Topoliani
Diplomat
 
Posts: 828
Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:22 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Sovaal wrote:You know the best side dish for all those numbers you have there?

Sources.

And don’t act like you give a shit about “99%” of America.


I do care about the 99% but you know I feel sad and agree for these kids being killed in school but in this Florida case I can't help but think that many of those parents supported the republican party's refusal to do anything on guns until it was their child dead. Those kids were let down by the poor decisions of the adults in voting.

In fact, 70 percent of the counties had only 4 percent of the murders

Would you like to note that most are in California and Illinois, where the Gun Control laws are some of the most strict?
Last edited by Topoliani on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
We don't use NSstats, those are for normies
If you go to war with us and you hear this, be afraid... be very afraid
A 128-ish civilization, according to this index.
Topoliani Times or some crap: Idnad found alive and well, proceeds to harass the Dandi/The People of Topoliani

IC Year: 1220 AD
Unfortunately, not dead

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:22 am

Topoliani wrote:Daily reminder that mass shootings happen on both sides of the gun control spectrum. There are a lot in Texas, and there are a lot in California.

I’m going to put forth that out entire society is to blame, not just one aspect like guns or video games or some shit. Or that a lack of prayer in schools does this shit either.
Last edited by Sovaal on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Ors Might
Minister
 
Posts: 3314
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:22 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Ors Might wrote:Hey you busy tonight? It’s my turn to wrangle up some orphans for target practice at the range. Really been needing to test out my new heat seeking infinite ammunition

Haha look at this noob. He uses orphans and not sweet old ladies and heat seeking exploding incendiary infinite ammo

You’re calling me a noob but who uses smaller, faster moving targets? :p

User avatar
Kernen
Senator
 
Posts: 3687
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 am

Sovaal wrote:
Topoliani wrote:Daily reminder that mass shootings happen on both sides of the gun control spectrum. There are a lot in Texas, and there are a lot in California.

I’m going to put forth that out entire society is to blame, not just one aspect like guns or video games or some shit. Or that a lack of prayer in schools does this shit either.

^^^

There are so many factors to this, it bamboozles the mind.
Warning: Poster is a Bad Person.

From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Screw your society. I don't want to be part of it.

Militant Atheist and nearly graduated Law Student. Social liberal, but totally a closet Autocrat.

User avatar
NewLiberalParty
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NewLiberalParty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 am

Topoliani wrote:
NewLiberalParty wrote:
I do care about the 99% but you know I feel sad and agree for these kids being killed in school but in this Florida case I can't help but think that many of those parents supported the republican party's refusal to do anything on guns until it was their child dead. Those kids were let down by the poor decisions of the adults in voting.

In fact, 70 percent of the counties had only 4 percent of the murders

Would you like to note that some are in California and Michigan, where the Gun Control laws are some of the most strict?


Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting deer and rabbits all the damn time.
Last edited by NewLiberalParty on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48543
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 am

Ors Might wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Haha look at this noob. He uses orphans and not sweet old ladies and heat seeking exploding incendiary infinite ammo

You’re calling me a noob but who uses smaller, faster moving targets? :p

Ya but you’re not being villainy enough. Everyone knows that the best villains go after sweet old ladies
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Kernen
Senator
 
Posts: 3687
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:Would you like to note that some are in California and Michigan, where the Gun Control laws are some of the most strict?


Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting dear and rabbits all the damn time.


Restrictions =/= total ban. Try again, kiddo.
Last edited by Kernen on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: Poster is a Bad Person.

From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Screw your society. I don't want to be part of it.

Militant Atheist and nearly graduated Law Student. Social liberal, but totally a closet Autocrat.

User avatar
I didnt vote for Trump
Envoy
 
Posts: 240
Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby I didnt vote for Trump » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 am

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
I didnt vote for Trump wrote:Oh, so now you want to talk about random acts of violence.


No, you don't.


I thought you wanted gun control measures to save lives?

Also, apparently you seem to think you know me. I will repeat: focusing on the gun is pointless. You're not going to stop people killing people by banning the guns, or making restrictions that apply to the guns.

So what do you focus on? What's your step by step plan to reduce spree shootings in the US or are you just satisfied with it being an intrinsic part of American culture? What have you looked into about restrictions on guns that makes you think with such conviction that it just won't work?

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
I didnt vote for Trump wrote:Lmao

The only time you pay attention to the homicide rate is when you google it so you can argue on nationstates.


I actually read the Unified Crime Reports yearly. What do you do, Mr. Gun Control?

Admit that I don't care about 99% of gun deaths because they don't relate to me in any realistic way. Honesty is a virtue after all.

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:Would you like to note that some are in California and Michigan, where the Gun Control laws are some of the most strict?


Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting deer and rabbits all the damn time.

Than get the NFA repealed so they can get a silencer.

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48543
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:Would you like to note that some are in California and Michigan, where the Gun Control laws are some of the most strict?


Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting deer and rabbits all the damn time.

You mean deer right? And that’s called hunting. Something that even CA allows
Male, centrist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, loves dogs particularly German Shepherds, give me any good Irish or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Ors Might
Minister
 
Posts: 3314
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Ors Might wrote:You’re calling me a noob but who uses smaller, faster moving targets? :p

Ya but you’re not being villainy enough. Everyone knows that the best villains go after sweet old ladies

Nah man. You gotta triple murder those orphans to double death. Gotta keep any heroes from coming along to put an end to our Slaving Gun Empire

User avatar
Topoliani
Diplomat
 
Posts: 828
Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:Would you like to note that some are in California and Michigan, where the Gun Control laws are some of the most strict?


Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting deer and rabbits all the damn time.

I meant Illinois...

Also, I thought you lived in the richest county in Maryland?
Last edited by Topoliani on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
We don't use NSstats, those are for normies
If you go to war with us and you hear this, be afraid... be very afraid
A 128-ish civilization, according to this index.
Topoliani Times or some crap: Idnad found alive and well, proceeds to harass the Dandi/The People of Topoliani

IC Year: 1220 AD
Unfortunately, not dead

User avatar
NewLiberalParty
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NewLiberalParty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

Kernen wrote:
NewLiberalParty wrote:
Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting dear and rabbits all the damn time.


Michigan gun laws are strict, but they don't have a total ban. Try again, kiddo.


MD is strict and guess what we have not had any massive shootings (more then like 4 or 5 killed/wounded) since we banned Assault weapons in 2013. The SCOTUS knows its working so they have refused to over turn it.

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9152
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:Would you like to note that some are in California and Michigan, where the Gun Control laws are some of the most strict?


Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting deer and rabbits all the damn time.


Yes, how dare they do what they want on their own land.

The nerve, we should have these horrible people cast out into the streets for their crimes against humanity.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
NewLiberalParty
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NewLiberalParty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 am

Topoliani wrote:
NewLiberalParty wrote:
Michigan is not strict. I have to hear are stupid neighbours shooting deer and rabbits all the damn time.

I meant Illinois...

Also, I thought you lived in the richest county in Maryland?


The surrounding states are to blame. If congress bans Guns across state lines then those states with strict gun control will be safer.

My residence is there (tax reasons) I am in michigan for the time being.
Last edited by NewLiberalParty on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kernen
Senator
 
Posts: 3687
Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Kernen wrote:
Michigan gun laws are strict, but they don't have a total ban. Try again, kiddo.


MD is strict and guess what we have not had any massive shootings (more then like 4 or 5 killed/wounded) since we banned Assault weapons in 2013. The SCOTUS knows its working so they have refused to over turn it.

That isn't why SCOTUS didn't overturn it. Its because SCOTUS hates having 5-4 opinions, so they put it off where possible. Try again, kiddo.

Also, fwiw, I've had "assault weapon" in MD post-2013. You can do it if you comply with the laws. :roll:
Last edited by Kernen on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: Poster is a Bad Person.

From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Screw your society. I don't want to be part of it.

Militant Atheist and nearly graduated Law Student. Social liberal, but totally a closet Autocrat.

User avatar
Wysten
Minister
 
Posts: 2383
Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Wysten » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Kernen wrote:
Michigan gun laws are strict, but they don't have a total ban. Try again, kiddo.


MD is strict and guess what we have not had any massive shootings (more then like 4 or 5 killed/wounded) since we banned Assault weapons in 2013. The SCOTUS knows its working so they have refused to over turn it.

Assault weapons are not a thing.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
Paste this in your Sig if you passed Biology and know Gender and Sex are the same thing ♀♂
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.
Gun, Right wing, Conservative, Pro life, Ben Shapiro, Israel
liberals, alt right, milo, feminism, Political Islam

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38017
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:I meant Illinois...

Also, I thought you lived in the richest county in Maryland?


The surrounding states are to blame. If congress bans Guns across state lines then those states with strict gun control will be safer.


Just gonna ignore that evidence I gave you?
Angry American who likes guns and trees
Islamophobia is a virtue
Australian gun control didn't work. A rebuttal to the "well regulated militia" argument.

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 am

I didnt vote for Trump wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
I thought you wanted gun control measures to save lives?

Also, apparently you seem to think you know me. I will repeat: focusing on the gun is pointless. You're not going to stop people killing people by banning the guns, or making restrictions that apply to the guns.

So what do you focus on? What's your step by step plan to reduce spree shootings in the US or are you just satisfied with it being an intrinsic part of American culture? What have you looked into about restrictions on guns that makes you think with such conviction that it just won't work?

‘A step by step plan’ lol

Nobody truly has a step by step plan for this shit. And gun restriction, especially on things like features and types, are going to do jack shit because the cats out of the bag, so to speak. Since 1898, the cut off point for ‘firearms’ in the US, over threee hundred million guns have been sold into civilian hands. Gun control isn’t going to make those go away.
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
I actually read the Unified Crime Reports yearly. What do you do, Mr. Gun Control?

Admit that I don't care about 99% of gun deaths because they don't relate to me in any realistic way. Honesty is a virtue after all.

Not being a hypocrite is one too.
Last edited by Sovaal on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
NewLiberalParty wrote:
The surrounding states are to blame. If congress bans Guns across state lines then those states with strict gun control will be safer.


Just gonna ignore that evidence I gave you?

Its keshi of course he is.

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Topoliani
Diplomat
 
Posts: 828
Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:I meant Illinois...

Also, I thought you lived in the richest county in Maryland?


The surrounding states are to blame. If congress bans Guns across state lines then those states with strict gun control will be safer.

"But moi surrounding states"

You do realize that the surrounding states also have strict gun control, not as strict as Illinois, but still.
We don't use NSstats, those are for normies
If you go to war with us and you hear this, be afraid... be very afraid
A 128-ish civilization, according to this index.
Topoliani Times or some crap: Idnad found alive and well, proceeds to harass the Dandi/The People of Topoliani

IC Year: 1220 AD
Unfortunately, not dead

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 am

Wysten wrote:
NewLiberalParty wrote:
MD is strict and guess what we have not had any massive shootings (more then like 4 or 5 killed/wounded) since we banned Assault weapons in 2013. The SCOTUS knows its working so they have refused to over turn it.

Assault weapons are not a thing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

User avatar
Sovaal
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13110
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:31 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Topoliani wrote:I meant Illinois...

Also, I thought you lived in the richest county in Maryland?


The surrounding states are to blame. If congress bans Guns across state lines then those states with strict gun control will be safer.

My residence is there (tax reasons) I am in michigan for the time being.

Yah, no, it will not be safer.

Dirty centrist
Unapologetic Jon Snow supporter
"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Jim P, Chernoblia, Elwher, Google [Bot], Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Infected Mushroom, Lerenzia, Loben, Majestic-12 [Bot], Novus America, Ors Might, Pax Nerdvana, Petrolheadia, Qyrym, SD_Film Artists, ShakaZuli, Skarten, The Galactic Liberal Democracy, Valrifell

Advertisement

Remove ads