NATION

PASSWORD

Monarchism Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Fascist Republic of Uzumakistan wrote:Quick question, what happened to Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany?

Wilhelm abdicated and fled to the Netherlands, where he lived in exile until 1941. The Queen of the Netherlands denied to give him to the Allies, who wished to put him on trial as a "war criminal" (what irony there). From then on, he remarried and then lived quietly. When the Netherlands was invaded by Nazi Germany, the Nazis did not do much with him other than giving him guards. He was hoping that when the Nazis came to power they would put him back on the throne, but that didn't happen. He also specifically asked for there not to be any swastikas at his funeral, but they also didn't listen.

If I recall correctly, he disowned his son, the crown prince, for Nazi sympathies.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Interesting. So, it is dependent upon whether that country has a history of monarchs to determine if it is a monarchy or dictatorship? Would that make the DPRK a monarchy and not a dictatorship? It has passed down a hereditary line and Korea had a monarchy for millennia. And to Germany's Reichstag, they have the Supreme People's Assembly. To your Bundesrat, they have the State Affairs Commission.

Well as far as the DPRK, yes in a form. Sadly, this is a correct assumption. Even though Korea before all the division was a lot better then after. While same with Germany, seeing as they were a Monarchy before becoming well what they are now.

So, my confusion remains: what is the difference between a monarchy and a dictatorship?

New Greater Netherlands wrote:Wikipedia tells the truth, and i decide if i want to copy and paste or not

Wikipedia is most definitely not a superior source to the Encyclopædia Britannica lol. Copy and paste all the essays you want. It'll be a waste of time if they have no point.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Shofercia wrote:Question to the Monarchists: how do you deal with an inept King coming to power? How do you prevent that?

Holy removal. A bad king is always immoral, giving way to removal as he indirectly supported degeneracy
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Shofercia wrote:Question to the Monarchists: how do you deal with an inept King coming to power? How do you prevent that?

Surprisingly enough this has happened in the past few thousand years we've had monarchy.

You get them to abdicate, usually in favor of another family member.

Otherwise you are forced to go the way of the French, revolt! :rofl:
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

Engleberg
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Fascist Republic of Uzumakistan wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
Wilhelm abdicated and fled to the Netherlands, where he lived in exile until 1941. The Queen of the Netherlands denied to give him to the Allies, who wished to put him on trial as a "war criminal" (what irony there). From then on, he remarried and then lived quietly. When the Netherlands was invaded by Nazi Germany, the Nazis did not do much with him other than giving him guards. He was hoping that when the Nazis came to power they would put him back on the throne, but that didn't happen. He also specifically asked for there not to be any swastikas at his funeral, but they also didn't listen.

Did he have children after that?

Nope, he had his original children who then had children of their own which continued the Hohenzollern dynasty.

Currently the King of Prussia and German Emperor is Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Engleberg wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Interesting. So, it is dependent upon whether that country has a history of monarchs to determine if it is a monarchy or dictatorship? Would that make the DPRK a monarchy and not a dictatorship? It has passed down a hereditary line and Korea had a monarchy for millennia. And to Germany's Reichstag, they have the Supreme People's Assembly. To your Bundesrat, they have the State Affairs Commission.

As New Greater Netherlands stated, monarchies and dictatorships are not linked. the DPRK is a dictatorship that uses a hereditary method of passing along power, which is similar to Haiti and some African dictatorships.

Korea had a monarchy, which was eliminated by Japan. Therefore, neither Koreas are similar to a monarchy and the DPRK cannot be considered one because Korea's cultural history of monarchism has been destroyed.

So, that still doesn't make sense. Because a monarchy is gotten rid of, another can't be established down the line? So, all of the French monarchies after the French Revolution cannot be considered such?

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Kanadorika wrote:
Engleberg wrote:
Your latter statement is exactly what I use against those who state that a monarch "simply inherits the position without any knowledge of leading."

Exactly. They spend their entire childhood and young adult lives preparing the rule their subjects. Monarchs are physical manifestations of a nation's history and culture. They do not chose to rule, but are selected from birth to inherit the crown.

Whereas politicians in a republic must secure votes and money to campaign and win office, a monarch has no such restrictions. He/she owes no favors to special interest groups.

Exactly. I've had people fight against the idea of this way of education of a Crown Prince, yet be in favour of politicians taking control of their government - or better yet, supported communism.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:Well as far as the DPRK, yes in a form. Sadly, this is a correct assumption. Even though Korea before all the division was a lot better then after. While same with Germany, seeing as they were a Monarchy before becoming well what they are now.

So, my confusion remains: what is the difference between a monarchy and a dictatorship?

Not entirely as I said, you are correct as when Kim die's his daughter will take over N.korea if it still exists then and if she remains a live. However, a Dictatorship can be handed down through many methods; It does not require a blood relative to function. Unlike a Monarchy.
Last edited by Principality of the Raix on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Engleberg wrote:
As New Greater Netherlands stated, monarchies and dictatorships are not linked. the DPRK is a dictatorship that uses a hereditary method of passing along power, which is similar to Haiti and some African dictatorships.

Korea had a monarchy, which was eliminated by Japan. Therefore, neither Koreas are similar to a monarchy and the DPRK cannot be considered one because Korea's cultural history of monarchism has been destroyed.

So, that still doesn't make sense. Because a monarchy is gotten rid of, another can't be established down the line? So, all of the French monarchies after the French Revolution cannot be considered such?

They can.

But the DPRK isn't a monarchy.

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:Well as far as the DPRK, yes in a form. Sadly, this is a correct assumption. Even though Korea before all the division was a lot better then after. While same with Germany, seeing as they were a Monarchy before becoming well what they are now.

New Greater Netherlands wrote:Wikipedia tells the truth, and i decide if i want to copy and paste or not

Wikipedia is most definitely not a superior source to the Encyclopædia Britannica lol. Copy and paste all the essays you want. It'll be a waste of time if they have no point.

Wikipedia has always sources, and i don't know the fking you are talking about but everyone here disagrees with you, while i am a republican but i know the difference between a dictatorship, republic and a monarchy
Name: Dave Hagen
Born: February 17, 1997
Political orientation: Conservative
Religion: Christianity (Protestant)

Current date: 1 augustus 1918
De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Engleberg wrote:

You are correct, as they were simply installing people to power. However a lot of those Monarchies established were relatives of the Monarchs of France. So you are also wrong, as due to relations. Creates the Monarchy of France before they revolt. :rofl:

Added In: The confusion behind DPRK is the fact N.Korea Functions like a Monarchy, however it was or is a communist party in a mannerism.
Last edited by Principality of the Raix on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technocratic Forum

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:So, my confusion remains: what is the difference between a monarchy and a dictatorship?

Not entirely as I said, you are correct as when Kim die's his daughter will take over N.korea if it still exists then and if she remains a live. However, a Dictatorship can be handed down through many methods; It does not require a blood relative to function. Unlike a Monarchy.

And neither does a monarchy. Plenty of monarchies go through multiple dynasties. Japan is like the only exception I can think of.

Engleberg wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:So, that still doesn't make sense. Because a monarchy is gotten rid of, another can't be established down the line? So, all of the French monarchies after the French Revolution cannot be considered such?

They can.

Why can the French ones be considered monarchies, but not the Korean?

Fascist Republic of Uzumakistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic of Uzumakistan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Fascist Republic of Uzumakistan wrote:Did he have children after that?

Nope, he had his original children who then had children of their own which continued the Hohenzollern dynasty.

Currently the King of Prussia and German Emperor is Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia.

Cool, i wished Germany will become a Kingdom again. :lol:

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:Not entirely as I said, you are correct as when Kim die's his daughter will take over N.korea if it still exists then and if she remains a live. However, a Dictatorship can be handed down through many methods; It does not require a blood relative to function. Unlike a Monarchy.

And neither does a monarchy. Plenty of monarchies go through multiple dynasties. Japan is like the only exception I can think of.

Engleberg wrote:
They can.

If the Korean monarchy is reestablished, then it is the Korean monarchy that succeeds the former monarchy.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:57 pm

New Greater Netherlands wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:So, my confusion remains: what is the difference between a monarchy and a dictatorship?

Wikipedia has always sources, and i don't know the fking you are talking about but everyone here disagrees with you, while i am a republican but i know the difference between a dictatorship, republic and a monarchy

Do you really, though? Please tell me without copy and pasting an essay from somewhere.

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Fascist Republic of Uzumakistan wrote:
Engleberg wrote:

Cool, i wished Germany will become a Kingdom again. :lol:

I support the reestablishment of the German Empire with the Hohenzollerns at the top once more. If it has to be a constitutional monarchy, so be it.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Engleberg wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:And neither does a monarchy. Plenty of monarchies go through multiple dynasties. Japan is like the only exception I can think of.

If the Korean monarchy is reestablished, then it is the Korean monarchy that succeeds the former monarchy.

And why can the DPRK not be considered as a monarchy trying to unite its country again? If they conquer the rest of Korea, would they then be considered a monarchy?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Engleberg wrote:
Fascist Republic of Uzumakistan wrote:Cool, i wished Germany will become a Kingdom again. :lol:

I support the reestablishment of the German Empire with the Hohenzollerns at the top once more. If it has to be a constitutional monarchy, so be it.

You would prefer an absolute one?

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Engleberg wrote:

You would prefer an absolute one?

As an absolute monarchist, yes.

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Engleberg wrote:

And why can the DPRK not be considered as a monarchy trying to unite its country again? If they conquer the rest of Korea, would they then be considered a monarchy?

Because the DPRK is a nation created through communist actions. While it is a Juche state, communism and monarchism can never mix.

New Greater Netherlands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Greater Netherlands » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 pm

New Greater Netherlands wrote:

Do you really, though? Please tell me without copy and pasting an essay from somewhere.

Wikipedia is always right
Name: Dave Hagen
Born: February 17, 1997
Political orientation: Conservative
Religion: Christianity (Protestant)

Current date: 1 augustus 1918
De Telegraaf: In Brussels there were violent protests against the current government and against the Christian Conservative policy between 19:00 and 21:30. Minister of the Belgian States Kees van der Staaij says he wants to have a talk with the rebels, since this has to be arranged through the House of Representatives and / or the King (with other officials: The Ministers have little to say) van der Staaij  is going to have between 23:00 and 4:00 a debate in the Lower House with Minister-President Dave Hagen and the other Political Parties

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Monarchies are inherently reactionary, even in the social democracies of Europe. Monarchs legitimize their reign via history, often invoking the memory of Julius Caesar, Augustus, and King David.

Pure dictatorships are less about the past, and more about the future, seeking to create a new order unrestrained by regimes which lay before.

This isn't a black and white definition. Various regimes have blurred these lines.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Monarchy is more tradition-based, and pretty much always has to do with bloodlines.

Dictatorships don't rely on tradition nor bloodlines, but rather is based on military control alone.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Engleberg wrote:

As I stated above, though I can understand why people would not see it. The confusion behind the DPRK is they act like a Monarchy, handing it down the blood line. However it was also established as a communist party. So it could basically be considered both, however it is only labeled as one and not the other. At the same time, you are right. But wrong, as they would remain with what they want to be labeled. Which in the end, protects how they hand power down to the next of kin.

Edited in: Can I predict something? I expect the DPRK will be changing their figureheads, when Kims daughter takes over N.Korea. Not many Nations like N.Korea can be maintained due to the situation of them probably going to see her as the easiest target compared to her recent male equivalents. J/S.
Last edited by Principality of the Raix on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technocratic Forum

Yaroi
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Yaroi » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

Surprisingly enough this has happened in the past few thousand years we've had monarchy.

You get them to abdicate, usually in favor of another family member.

What if they don't abdicate? And who has the power to remove the monarch, i mean, who is that "you" that you speak of?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General