NATION

PASSWORD

Tell us about your avatar/flag

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Tell us about your avatar/flag

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed May 13, 2009 12:09 am

Ravea wrote:Mine is Snarf.

It's kind of self-explanatory.

I notice Lion-O is not your national animal ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Colonic Immigration
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonic Immigration » Wed May 13, 2009 12:18 am

Burnsantium wrote:Obviously it has Soviet/Communist influences, with the red background and yellow symbol. The background is two AKs, and I think that connection is obvious, having both Soviet/Communist and revolutionary connections. The hammer and sickle is the Aeroflot logo, the (former but still running) airline of the Soviet Union. I chose it because I wanted to create a communist government similar to the style of the Soviet Union, but with a less used symbol that still had the same meaning. I'm far from being a communist and actually live in the US, but I'm obsessed with Soviet history and the Cold War, so I wanted to make something that could relate to that. Woot woot!

Aeroflot have changed their logo, unfortunately.
RoI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Western Mercenary Unio - Yeah, you kinda make idiocy an art

Haikus are easy,
They don't always make much sense,
Refrigerator

The Realist Polities
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 07, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Realist Polities » Wed May 13, 2009 12:18 am

Mine has Japanese and German influences.

The hawk represents the Realist policy portrayed as hawkish by the media. The globe represents an iron sun of the Italian Elitist school. 1648 FaJia and Arthashastra represent the global reach of Realist thought.
“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” - M. Friedman
"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it" - E. Burke
-
political-realist, military traditionalist, cultural relativist, empiricist, economic liberal, particularist, free speech, sovereigntist
-
http://www.isidewith.com/results/203200879
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/177208/

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Thu May 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Changed my flag. It's now the 1707 Union Flag with a Welsh dragon on it. I'm a Scot, but I'm also English and Welsh.

A genealogical irony: One of my ancestresses, my 15th-great-grandmother Princess Joan, Countess of Morton, was a descendant of two bitter enemies - Edward Longshanks of England and Robert the Bruce of Scotland.
Last edited by Milks Empire on Thu May 14, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Mine is the Soviet Union's flag.

Obvious reasons are obvious but my country isn't JUST a communist nation, it's a technocratic pseudo-democratic communist meritocracy.
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

Agzenzia
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Agzenzia » Fri May 15, 2009 12:28 am

Ah, just got this. The moon crescent stands for the past, the shadow (green stuff in between star and crescent) stands for the present, and the star stands for the future.

Red means bloodshed, which the nation was before. (I'll be posting a history of my nation at end of this post)

Green means in agzenzian meaning, The known, and/or Knowledge, representing Agzenzia growing out of its evil ways and gaining more knowledge then viciousness.

Blue represents the unknown, and/or what is to come.

History:

The agzenzia nation was made by the leftover nazis from germany after the war. banding together, forming a small outpost and hiding place for Nazis from the war.

The country itself grew through gang violence civil war and evil dictators, it grew slower then most, but war propelled it somehow, yet putting its nature into a somewhat tribal environment were you had to survive on your own, in a survival of the fittest, or in this case—the smartest.

Eventually the leaders and gangs started to become less and less, and so one day, one of the gangs called "The liberators" became so large it ran the entire country.

as that gang grew it slowly took over the government but very slowly, as the government got smaller and smaller it perished. and then the liberators took over, the liberators then ruled with an iron fist.

And they turned more and more citizens into military,they became a militaristic dictatorship. As that dictatorship grew, just in recent times, after the old liberators died off, Supreme Dictator Fenagz took over, and started turning this nation into a less corrupt dictatorship, and gave the citizens very good civil rights and economic freedom, but the political freedom is still unchanged, due to the whats left of the liberators rule, it is unknown if this will ever change, most say it wont in the next 100 years, but, we will see.
Last edited by Agzenzia on Fri May 15, 2009 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sincerely, Supreme Dictator Fenagz. Economic Left/Right: -1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

Colonic Immigration
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Colonic Immigration » Fri May 15, 2009 4:42 am

Agzenzia wrote:Ah, just got this. The moon crescent stands for the past, the shadow (green stuff in between star and crescent) stands for the present, and the star stands for the future.

Red means bloodshed, which the nation was before. (I'll be posting a history of my nation at end of this post)

Green means in agzenzian meaning, The known, and/or Knowledge, representing Agzenzia growing out of its evil ways and gaining more knowledge then viciousness.

History:

The agzenzia nation was made by the leftover nazis from germany after the war. banding together, forming a small outpost and hiding place for Nazis from the war.

The country itself grew through gang violence civil war and evil dictators, it grew slower then most, but war propelled it somehow, yet putting its nature into a somewhat tribal environment were you had to survive on your own, in a survival of the fittest, or in this case—the smartest.

Eventually the leaders and gangs started to become less and less, and so one day, one of the gangs called "The liberators" became so large it ran the entire country.

as that gang grew it slowly took over the government but very slowly, as the government got smaller and smaller it perished. and then the liberators took over, the liberators then ruled with an iron fist.

And they turned more and more citizens into military,they became a militaristic dictatorship. As that dictatorship grew, just in recent times, after the old liberators died off, Supreme Dictator Fenagz took over, and started turning this nation into a less corrupt dictatorship, and gave the citizens very good civil rights and economic freedom, but the political freedom is still unchanged, due to the whats left of the liberators rule, it is unknown if this will ever change, most say it wont in the next 100 years, but, we will see.

You one scary Nazi.
RoI

Haikus are easy,
Refrigerator

Glorious Freedonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2006
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Glorious Freedonia » Fri May 15, 2009 10:48 am

My flag is the flag on nunavut. I am a fan of nunavut and want to go there.

Colonic Immigration
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Colonic Immigration » Fri May 15, 2009 10:56 am

Glorious Freedonia wrote:My flag is the flag on nunavut. I am a fan of nunavut and want to go there.

Where the Eskimos live?
RoI

Haikus are easy,
Refrigerator

Crimmond
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimmond » Fri May 15, 2009 11:40 am

My flag has a 2:1 aspect ratio, is made of primary colors and white. It has two main fields separated by a white stripe, four right triangle segments created by 45 degree angled white stripes and a white octagon in the half closest to the pole. Inside the octagon sits a yellow compass rose, it's shading giving the illusion of depth.

I made the flag myself in MS Paint and can assure you that it has no meaning behind it. I simply made it, liked it and used it.
Being More Awesome Than You Since March 26, 2003.

Third Founding Lord of Gholgoth

Eslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eslovakia » Fri May 15, 2009 11:45 am

Supposed to represent militarism and communism. Also represent the national animal, the Falcon.
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
Some good info on Sweden
Birkaine wrote:Idiots who are not only aware of their idiocy but hell bent on keeping it regardless of how much disruption they cause deserve to eat a dick
Birkaine wrote:How about we have a thread that's just about some guy getting a back alley handjob from a New Delhi whore but we write it in such technical and obtuse language that the mods won't notice? First one to get banned loses.

Birkaine wrote:Are you seriously trying to turn this into a conversation on whether or not you're a human?
2QTBSTR8 ~ oHai thar! ~ I'm Bisexual, for LGBT rights and this is how I live my life regardless of other peoples opinions.
If you support LGBT rights, feel free to add this to your signature ~~~ヾ(^∇^)

West-Flanders
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby West-Flanders » Fri May 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Agzenzia wrote:Image

Ah, just got this. The moon crescent stands for the past, the shadow (green stuff in between star and crescent) stands for the present, and the star stands for the future.

I see a faint similarity with the azerbaijani flag.. :roll:
Last edited by West-Flanders on Sun Dec 31, 9999 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agzenzia
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Agzenzia » Fri May 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Of course i used parts from other flags, but at least i made a story based on my nations history not someone else's i just used a web program where you create a flag out of three others, and my flag has slightly different colors then that one, and my flag does not stand for the same as that.
Sincerely, Supreme Dictator Fenagz. Economic Left/Right: -1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

New Gerpan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Gerpan » Thu May 28, 2009 4:29 am

Agzenzia wrote:Of course i used parts from other flags, but at least i made a story based on my nations history not someone else's i just used a web program where you create a flag out of three others, and my flag has slightly different colors then that one, and my flag does not stand for the same as that.

was it this http://www.wearemulticolored.com/
~Murdoc Leonardo Darkins, Leader of New Gerpan

“When I give bread to the poor, they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no bread, they call me a communist.”
~Dom Helder

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Thu May 28, 2009 4:41 am

Mine is the Pie of Sauron!
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu May 28, 2009 7:25 am

I changed my flag to me, because I am egocentric and a bitch!

Nah, I just like that av of me with the kitty ears. :blush:
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu May 28, 2009 7:26 am

My flag shows how I feel about myself.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu May 28, 2009 7:27 am

Galloism wrote:My flag shows how I feel about myself.

What? You feel like a giant eye? :blink:
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 am

I think my flag is pretty straightforward.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Thu May 28, 2009 7:29 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Galloism wrote:My flag shows how I feel about myself.

What? You feel like a giant eye? :blink:

All-seeing and bathed in fire.

Also, I really really *really* could use some Visene.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Thu May 28, 2009 10:16 am

mine is a picture of a cat in a tree taken from a photo i took of a cat in a tree.
whatever

Farnhamia Redux
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Farnhamia Redux » Thu May 28, 2009 10:20 am

The flag of the Most Serene Republic was, frankly, stolen from that of Malawi. However, a recent contest (open only to elementary school children - leaving out adults always makes it go faster somehow) has redesigned our banner. It does still retain the deep red and green of the Malawian flag, but adds a compass rose in a nice sky blue (which is also our color on the official NSG World Map, where we are Nation #4).

:D
Since when is reality a popularity contest? ~ VoijaRisa

Xolland
Lobbyist

Founded: May 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xolland » Thu May 28, 2009 10:36 am

My flag is a pretty simple design, althrough I think the colour combination is very effective. 8)

Rambhutan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 28, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rambhutan » Thu May 28, 2009 10:39 am

Mine is the flag of the original Dread Pirate Roberts - Bartholomew Roberts or Black Bart as he is generally known. What can I say I - I like to swash the odd buckle...
Are we there yet?

Overherelandistan wrote: I chalange you to find a better one that isnt even worse

Edwards Street
Secretary

Founded: Jul 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Edwards Street » Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 am

The flag of Edwards Street is just something I came up with on Microsoft paint once when bored, I didn't even know at the time that's it the same colors as the flag of the Ukraine, only reversed....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General