NATION

PASSWORD

5 dead in Elementary school shooting in Northern California

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Please don't lie about me Sernarbia, I've not personally attacked you once. I've attacked your shitposting, there's a difference.

You think Sernarbia would have learned their lesson.
Attacking everyone then crying "HELP HELP EVERYONE IS BEING MEAN!" when everyone calls him out on it, I wonder if he realizes no one on this site falls for that bullshit.
You can't cry oppression when people call you out for talking shit and expect the entire board to defend you.

Really I think it would be best for everyone to just ignore him and if he keeps it up just go to the mods, people like this don't deserve to be debated because they have no interest in debating.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:15 pm

You seem to be mistaking an attack against you're bad argument as a personal attack.

You need to learn the difference.

Tacitly calling me stupid isn't an attack?

You lied in referring to me as a zealot, as I am not one. You also lied when you said that most gun owners support gun control as well.

Neither of those things are lies.

Then when we look a the whole sentence, you are basically saying that I condone killing children because of made up arguments and lies put forth from you. Something that I don't fucking take kindly being refereed too, especially coming from the likes of you.

Start supporting gun control and maybe I'll change my mind...

You lied again in referring to me as a zealot, as I am still not one. You also lied in saying that I would prefer to endanger peoples lives simple so I can keep more magazines. Pretty fucking sure I've never made that argument or anything close to it on here.

In our last altercation on this issue you whined about having to obey laws regarding the size of gun magazines.

I have argued that banning "high cap" mags in the past (Clinton 94 ban) literally did nothing to prevent mass shootings, as shooters literally just carried more spare magazines to compensate and reloaded as they went (Columbine HS).

Laws against murder don't prevent every murder!

As someone who's passed somewhere upwards of 80+ Background checks, including the process to get clearance authorization, pretty fucking sure I've never thrown a "tantrum" once anywhere in that process. So yet again, you are lying through you're teeth in a vein attempt to appeal to emotion.

You complain about background checks all the time.

Do you ever go tired of being wrong all the time? I seriously am curious, as you're batting 0 and 5 at this point with no hope in sight of landing a hit.

More personal attacks.

Seriously, at this point you have done nothing but blatantly lie about me at every turn in a hilariously vein attempt to slander me for whatever fucking stupid reason you have come up with in you're your mind. I think you're time would be better spent pursuing other endeavors, wouldn't you agree?

Not really. Your arguments have been nothing but a vain attempt to slander me as a lair just because I pointed out the negative consequences of your stance. A rather pointless endeavour I must say.

Sernarbia wrote:I simply wish to prevent another Sandy Hook. I'm not sure why this makes me worthy of scorn but I guess I'll just have to bear it...

Careful you don't tarnish that halo while standing on that mountain of tragedies Sernarbia.

Tragedies caused in part by lax gun laws.
Last edited by Sernarbia on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Sernarbia wrote:
Yet you oppose measures to keep them from getting killed by a loony with a gun.

Please, feel free to list these "measures" that I'm opposed to.

Criminal background checks and a national gun registry.

Sernarbia wrote:
So you support gun control?

You seem to be operating under the notion that wanting/not wanting dead babies = pro/anti gun control. One can not want people needlessly dead, and still be opposed to bullshit legislation continuously pushed by the anti's.

Gee, imagine that.....

Not letting crazy people be able to mow down elementary school children is bullshit?

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:19 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:Please don't lie about me Sernarbia, I've not personally attacked you once. I've attacked your shitposting, there's a difference.

Attacking everyone then crying "HELP HELP EVERYONE IS BEING MEAN!" when everyone calls him out on it, I wonder if he realizes no one on this site falls for that bullshit.
You can't cry oppression when people call you out for talking shit and expect the entire board to defend you.

Really I think it would be best for everyone to just ignore him and if he keeps it up just go to the mods, people like this don't deserve to be debated because they have no interest in debating.

So you want nationstates to be an echo chamber?

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Telconi wrote:
Wishing to prevent mass shootings is not what makes you worthy of scorn, everyone here wishes that. It's the heinous methodology that you propose to get there that is deserving of scorn. Stop playing your fool victim card.

Yes, I don't want another Sandy Hook! How heinous!

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Sernarbia wrote:Tragedies caused in part by lax gun laws.

Well this guy machined his guns in his basement. Didn't buy them, made them. You literally cannot prevent that.

Sernarbia wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Please, feel free to list these "measures" that I'm opposed to.

Neither of which would have stopped this.
Sernarbia wrote:

You seem to be operating under the notion that wanting/not wanting dead babies = pro/anti gun control. One can not want people needlessly dead, and still be opposed to bullshit legislation continuously pushed by the anti's.

Gee, imagine that.....

Not letting crazy people be able to mow down elementary school children is bullshit?

See above.

Sernarbia wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Wishing to prevent mass shootings is not what makes you worthy of scorn, everyone here wishes that. It's the heinous methodology that you propose to get there that is deserving of scorn. Stop playing your fool victim card.

"It's not your wants that are heinous it's your methodology"

"It's because of what I want isn't it?!"

Look before you leap.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Len Hyet wrote:

Well this guy machined his guns in his basement. Didn't buy them, made them. You literally cannot prevent that.

Sernarbia wrote:

Sernarbia wrote:

See above.

Sernarbia wrote:

Look before you leap.

It's no use captain!

I'm given' it all she's got and we just can't break through!
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Len Hyet wrote:

I was talking in general. As I stated earlier in the thread I doubt any gun control laws would have prevented this. But that still isn't a good argument against gun control.

Sernarbia wrote:

We have not yet developed the technology to observe alternate timelines so your point is moot. Also laws against murder dont stop every murder and seat belt laws dont stop every car crash.

Sernarbia wrote:

See above.

See above.

Sernarbia wrote:

Look before you leap.

What is it about not wanting kids to die makes me a bad person?

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Telconi wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Well this guy machined his guns in his basement. Didn't buy them, made them. You literally cannot prevent that.

See above.

Look before you leap.

It's no use captain!

More personal attacks.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Sernarbia wrote:
Telconi wrote:
It's no use captain!

More personal attacks.

:roll:
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Sernarbia wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Well this guy machined his guns in his basement. Didn't buy them, made them. You literally cannot prevent that.

I was talking in general. As I stated earlier in the thread I doubt any gun control laws would have prevented this. But that still isn't a good argument against gun control.

The gun control thread is ---> thataway

General gun control discussion goes there. Discussion specific to this incident goes here.
Sernarbia wrote:

Look before you leap.

Nothing. As was said, it's the methodology that is disagreed with, not the intent.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
Sernarbia wrote:

The gun control thread is ---> thataway

General gun control discussion goes there. Discussion specific to this incident goes here.
Sernarbia wrote:

Nothing. As was said, it's the methodology that is disagreed with, not the intent.

You're more patient than I. Good luck...
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Sernarbia wrote:

Tacitly calling me stupid isn't an attack?

Neither of those things are lies.

Start supporting gun control and maybe I'll change my mind...

In our last altercation on this issue you whined about having to obey laws regarding the size of gun magazines.

Laws against murder don't prevent every murder!

You complain about background checks all the time.

More personal attacks.

Not really. Your arguments have been nothing but a vain attempt to slander me as a lair just because I pointed out the negative consequences of your stance. A rather pointless endeavour I must say.

Careful you don't tarnish that halo while standing on that mountain of tragedies Sernarbia.

The very same firearm laws that millions of American's abide by, but a couple of nutters with a disregard for human life and it's the fault of the law? To quote Dr. Evil, "Riiiiiiigggghhht!"
Let's place blame where it belongs, squarely on the person(s) responsible, blaming anything else is just plain nuts and has an odor of desperation.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Sernarbia wrote:
The Lone Alliance wrote:

So you want nationstates to be an echo chamber?

If you weren't here Nationstates wouldn't be an echo chamber because there are people with your views who are far better at arguing it than you.

The position of strawman creator is already taken by others who are far better at it.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Sernarbia wrote:

The very same firearm laws that millions of American's abide by, but a couple of nutters with a disregard for human life and it's the fault of the law? To quote Dr. Evil, "Riiiiiiigggghhht!"
Let's place blame where it belongs, squarely on the person(s) responsible, blaming anything else is just plain nuts and has an odor of desperation.

It's a little more than a couple.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Sernarbia wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:

Statistically, the number of people using guns in mass murderers is almost nonexistent compared to those of us who don't. Why should we cede rights when we have done nothing wrong?
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Sernarbia wrote:Tacitly calling me stupid isn't an attack?

I thought that we had already been over this? Yup, pretty fucking sure we have.

PaddyOFernature wrote:You are absolutely right, I am attacking you're pathetically weak argument, which people tend to do on debate forums when the argument put forth is a really bad one with no supporting evidence to back it up. Perhaps you are new to the whole debate thing and didn't know or understand this?

Once again, learn the fucking difference between someone attacking you're argument and an actual personal attack. By this point, you have NO excuse, none.

Sernarbia wrote:Neither of those things are lies.

Are they true? Nope
Did you fabricate them and try to pass them off as truths? Yes

That's literally the definition of a lie, try again.

Sernarbia wrote:Start supporting gun control and maybe I'll change my mind...

So anyone who doesn't support you're fucked up viewpoint is magically someone who condones killing children? Yeah, that's not how it works and continuing to try and push it is fucking laughable.

Sernarbia wrote:In our last altercation on this issue you whined about having to obey laws regarding the size of gun magazines.

Did I? You have proof of this, as I'd love to see it. I will not hold my breath though....

Should be good... :lol:

Sernarbia wrote:Laws against murder don't prevent every murder!

That's a mighty nice straw man that you have there, did you erect him all by you're little self? Must have taken all night.

Sernarbia wrote:You complain about background checks all the time.

Then it shouldn't be hard to find proof of this, no? Again, I won't hold my breath though... :rofl:

Sernarbia wrote:More personal attacks.

Sernarbia wrote:Not really. Your arguments have been nothing but a vain attempt to slander me as a lair just because I pointed out the negative consequences of your stance. A rather pointless endeavour I must say.

Judging by the response on the forum, I'm pretty sure that you did a mighty fine job on you're own at destroying you're own argument and slandering yourself.

Seriously.. well done. :clap:

Uh huh.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 am

Kernen wrote:
Sernarbia wrote:

Statistically, the number of people using guns in mass murderers is almost nonexistent compared to those of us who don't. Why should we cede rights when we have done nothing wrong?

Having to register your guns is ceding rights?

Sernarbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sernarbia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:35 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Sernarbia wrote:Tacitly calling me stupid isn't an attack?

I thought that we had already been over this? Yup, pretty fucking sure we have.

PaddyOFernature wrote:You are absolutely right, I am attacking you're pathetically weak argument, which people tend to do on debate forums when the argument put forth is a really bad one with no supporting evidence to back it up. Perhaps you are new to the whole debate thing and didn't know or understand this?

Once again, learn the fucking difference between someone attacking you're argument and an actual personal attack. By this point, you have NO excuse, none.

Says the guys attacking me for supporting gun control.

Sernarbia wrote:Neither of those things are lies.

Are they true? Nope
Did you fabricate them and try to pass them off as truths? Yes

That's literally the definition of a lie, try again.

They arent lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb2KUnWNCLs

So anyone who doesn't support you're fucked up viewpoint is magically someone who condones killing children? Yeah, that's not how it works and continuing to try and push it is fucking laughable.

Yes not wanting kids to die in mass shootings is soo fucked up! :roll:

Did I? You have proof of this, as I'd love to see it. I will not hold my breath though....

Should be good... :lol:

Yeah...look through your posting history.

That's a mighty nice straw man that you have there, did you erect him all by you're little self? Must have taken all night.

Not an argument.

Sernarbia wrote:You complain about background checks all the time.

Then it shouldn't be hard to find proof of this, no? Again, I won't hold my breath though... :rofl:

Yeah, your sealioning wont work on me.
Sernarbia wrote:More personal attacks.

You think I cant tell a disguised attack on me is an attack?

Sernarbia wrote:Not really. Your arguments have been nothing but a vain attempt to slander me as a lair just because I pointed out the negative consequences of your stance. A rather pointless endeavour I must say.

Judging by the response on the forum, I'm pretty sure that you did a mighty fine job on you're own at destroying you're own argument and slandering yourself.

Seriously.. well done. :clap:

Yeah but as this forum is a safe space for alt right dudebros I'm gonna take with a grain of salt.

Uh huh.[/quote]

Mmhmm

The Conez Imperium
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 am

Sernarbia wrote:
Kernen wrote:Statistically, the number of people using guns in mass murderers is almost nonexistent compared to those of us who don't. Why should we cede rights when we have done nothing wrong?

The logic isn't 100% applicable to all situations.

Sometimes we enact laws because of the 0.0001% of society that ruins it for the rest of us. Often this ruin comes at such a cost to society that the consequences far outweigh individual rights. If you've flown internationally, there is a law stipulating that you can't bring more than 100ml on board an aircraft simple because someone tried to bring liquid explosives on board.
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:15 am

The Conez Imperium wrote:
Sernarbia wrote:

Sometimes we enact laws because of the 0.0001% of society that ruins it for the rest of us. Often this ruin comes at such a cost to society that the consequences far outweigh individual rights. If you've flown internationally, there is a law stipulating that you can't bring more than 100ml on board an aircraft simple because someone tried to bring liquid explosives on board.

I also don't have a natural right to bring 100ml of fluid on an airplane. I don't even have the natural right to be on the airplane at all. So the comparison makes sense how?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 am

The Conez Imperium wrote:
Sernarbia wrote:

Fair warning, I don't think you want to use the TSA (or other airport security) as your example of why guns should be regulated.

Y'know, considering that they're utter garbage.

Summertimequestionswine
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Summertimequestionswine » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 am

Ban primary education, clearly.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:28 am

Sernarbia wrote:
Kernen wrote:Statistically, the number of people using guns in mass murderers is almost nonexistent compared to those of us who don't. Why should we cede rights when we have done nothing wrong?

Yes. You do not have any such compulsion. Required registration creates a restriction where none existed before. You currently have a privacy interest (a right), granted by the government, in not registering your firearm. Creating such a compulsion therefore cedes a right granted by the government.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 am

Sernarbia wrote:

In a sense, yes. I think a majority of Americans like excising their enumerated right to privacy, let alone registration would have zero effect on crime. California has had handgun registration since 1909 and it has had zero impact on violent crimes. Face it, the only reason for a firearm registry; to be used as a tool by the govt to confiscate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General