NATION

PASSWORD

Scientists issue 'warning to humanity'

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should be done?

Investment in fusion, more use of fission and green energy, ween off oil and coal.
68%
Complete stop of coal, oil. Full switch to fission, green energy.
15%
Let the market invest in fusion, use fission and green energy and not regulate anything.
6%
Keep as is.
4%
More coal and oil.
2%
Make a bread thread herp.
4%

Total votes : 47

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
That's not an argument, and I give zero fucks what it says in your favourite book. I like honesty, and that includes calling out liars.

You are lying. You are lying on easily checkable things. You also transparently have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Is that all you can say, I am lying? Such a childish response to debunk my statements.

I don't think you are lying, I just think you have no clue about what you talk about.

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:39 pm

Free Tristania wrote:Well, yes, but I don't really want to know what kind of f.... up people could take over ? Warlords like in the 1920s or very aggressive militarists that want to take over anything near the South China Seas. Here in Europe -- let's not even go there what kind of powder keg could blow up. It would be a Nazi Germany/Yugoslavia 1990s lovechild from Hell. And that after the Great Depression 2.0.

:rofl: "Nazi Germany/yugoslavia love child from hell." That's a good one, that is basically what this new left is. However, that is the best name for it, seeing as it would be ten times worse all around specially if it occurred today. With all the political tensions even coming into scientific debates, where they Must stay out of.

That means a Europe that emerges out of a left-wing caused (because the policy would be very left-wing) Great Depression 2.0, hampered by a couple of migration waves that were facilitated by the Left and a pre-economic crisis "refugee" crisis that was also facilitated by the Left and you combine that with a situation where people are hungry, desperate and ... really pissed off. As in 1933 pissed off. They would either support a military coup after which a lot of people "disappear" (six feet under somewhere) or take matters into their own hands when they help actual far rightists to power (I am not talking about the likes of Front National or UKIP or that sort, I am talking about the real deal here) and then start taking out their anger on 1) leftists who probably have been buying of the migrants' anger by cutting off what little support they would give to starving local families (like what is already happening in some areas where local families see their homes confiscated and given to migrants) in order to stave off migrant anger and 2) on the migrants themselves. You would a cycle of violence which would make The Troubles look like a walk in the park on a sunny Sunday morning (and one that would be Europe-wide) and something that would be more akin to Yugoslavia during the 1990s as some areas would seek to break-away from parent countries etc.

You would see a mess. Fun times. I would quite like a plane ticket out of here when that strikes as I want nothing to do with it all.
Last edited by Free Tristania on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pro: True Liberty, Voluntary association, Free Trade, Family and Tradition as the Bedrock of Society
Anti: Centralisation (of any sort), Feminism, Internationalism, Multiculturalism, Collectivism of any sort (be it Left-wing or Right-wing)

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Albrenia wrote:There's over a billion cars in the world, while they will hopefully die out in the future, they are still having an effect while in use.

I hope you already know this, and are not seriously of the opinion that cars stop producing emissions because people want to ban them in the future.

Yet how many of those cars are used? Not in junk yards, not in the garage collecting dust, nor in countries without transportation much like Africa as let us be honest they are dependent on them. I am talking about now, how many cars are used by the western countries and I mean in total from Europe to America.

Though a majority of them are used in America, it is not a billion vehicles. Using such an estimate only inflames your argument, however the fact is. Not a billion cars are used every day of every week of every month of every year, that in itself is a falsehood.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:Is that all you can say, I am lying? Such a childish response to debunk my statements.

I don't think you are lying, I just think you have no clue about what you talk about.

I love how you've changed your tune so quickly. How can I take what you say even seriously? I can't.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Albrenia wrote:

I love how you've changed your tune so quickly. How can I take what you say even seriously? I can't.

I never claimed you were lying, just that you don't know anything about what you speak of.

As for cars, I don't know how often each individual car was used, but estimates state that there were 1.015 billion cars in the world around 2010. I doubt the number has decreased sharply since then, in fact it has probably increased slightly.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:While for all those above on the 2050, that is true. However, you overlook this fact. Most of those countries, exception of America have reduced their use of Vehicles as a whole. Hell, Japan even makes vehicles and don't even use them; Much. So understand this, how can you blame vehicles; When they are dying out!

So why did 2017 beat 2016 in car sales?

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Free Tristania wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote: :rofl: "Nazi Germany/yugoslavia love child from hell." That's a good one, that is basically what this new left is. However, that is the best name for it, seeing as it would be ten times worse all around specially if it occurred today. With all the political tensions even coming into scientific debates, where they Must stay out of.

That means a Europe that emerges out of a left-wing caused (because the policy would be very left-wing) Great Depression 2.0, hampered by a left-wing caused migration and "refugee" crisis where people are hungry, desperate and ... really pissed off. As in 1933 pissed off. They would either support a military coup after which a lot of people "disappear" (six feet under somewhere) or take matters into their own hands when they help actual far rightists to power (I am not talking about the likes of Front National or UKIP or that sort, I am talking about the real deal here) and then start taking out their anger on 1) leftists who probably have been buying of the migrants' anger by cutting off what little support they would give to starving local families (like what is already happening in some areas where local families see their homes confiscated and given to migrants) in order to stave off migrant anger and 2) on the migrants themselves. You would a cycle of violence which would make The Troubles look like a walk in the park on a sunny Sunday morning (and one that would be Europe-wide) and something that would be more akin to Yugoslavia during the 1990s as some area would seek to break-away from parent countries etc.

You would see a mess. Fun times. I would quite like a plane ticket out of here when that strikes as I want nothing to do with it all.

Finally someone who see's the truth, someone who realizes that the tiniest pin prick will start WW3. :lol2: However, I understand as I have seen this too. You can tell by the strain for the very fact that Poland is in celebration and people are up in arms about that. Sooner or later, everyone will be bashing each other's heads in and people will wonder, why. Why? well it is because you thought you were right and we were wrong, people as far as humanity do not like anything that threatens their way of life. This is basic instinct people, it is something that will never go away and this is shown in many ways. One way is claiming the individual is lying or another way is by bashing his head into the wall, our defense mechanisms are different for each situation.
Technocratic Forum

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:While for all those above on the 2050, that is true. However, you overlook this fact. Most of those countries, exception of America have reduced their use of Vehicles as a whole. Hell, Japan even makes vehicles and don't even use them; Much. So understand this, how can you blame vehicles; When they are dying out!

So why did 2017 beat 2016 in car sales?

That's simple, due to newer vehicles coming out many people exchange older vehicles that damage the environment more or vehicles they got tired of like my grand mother does often enough to buy new ones. Besides that you need to also account to the new drivers on the road, such as those just now getting their license; If or when they are able to afford a vehicle, whether it is new or used. So once more, you do not take into the factor of all factors within a market.
Technocratic Forum

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Free Tristania wrote:That means a Europe that emerges out of a left-wing caused (because the policy would be very left-wing) Great Depression 2.0, hampered by a left-wing caused migration and "refugee" crisis where people are hungry, desperate and ... really pissed off. As in 1933 pissed off. They would either support a military coup after which a lot of people "disappear" (six feet under somewhere) or take matters into their own hands when they help actual far rightists to power (I am not talking about the likes of Front National or UKIP or that sort, I am talking about the real deal here) and then start taking out their anger on 1) leftists who probably have been buying of the migrants' anger by cutting off what little support they would give to starving local families (like what is already happening in some areas where local families see their homes confiscated and given to migrants) in order to stave off migrant anger and 2) on the migrants themselves. You would a cycle of violence which would make The Troubles look like a walk in the park on a sunny Sunday morning (and one that would be Europe-wide) and something that would be more akin to Yugoslavia during the 1990s as some area would seek to break-away from parent countries etc.

Finally someone who see's the truth, someone who realizes that the tiniest pin prick will start WW3. :lol2: However, I understand as I have seen this too. You can tell by the strain for the very fact that Poland is in celebration and people are up in arms about that. Sooner or later, everyone will be bashing each other's heads in and people will wonder, why. Why? well it is because you thought you were right and we were wrong, people as far as humanity do not like anything that threatens their way of life. This is basic instinct people, it is something that will never go away and this is shown in many ways. One way is claiming the individual is lying or another way is by bashing his head into the wall, our defense mechanisms are different for each situation.

There you go. I am very sorry but I view leftists and globalists like the proverbial little boy who pulls a card from underneath the house of cards and then starts crying because the whole thing comes falling down. Just imagine that the stakes are "a little bit higher" here.
Last edited by Free Tristania on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: True Liberty, Voluntary association, Free Trade, Family and Tradition as the Bedrock of Society
Anti: Centralisation (of any sort), Feminism, Internationalism, Multiculturalism, Collectivism of any sort (be it Left-wing or Right-wing)

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm

Free Tristania wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:Finally someone who see's the truth, someone who realizes that the tiniest pin prick will start WW3. :lol2: However, I understand as I have seen this too. You can tell by the strain for the very fact that Poland is in celebration and people are up in arms about that. Sooner or later, everyone will be bashing each other's heads in and people will wonder, why. Why? well it is because you thought you were right and we were wrong, people as far as humanity do not like anything that threatens their way of life. This is basic instinct people, it is something that will never go away and this is shown in many ways. One way is claiming the individual is lying or another way is by bashing his head into the wall, our defense mechanisms are different for each situation.

There you go. I am very sorry but I view leftists and globalists like the proverbial little boy who pulls a card from underneath the house of cards and then starts crying because the whole thing comes falling down. Just imagine that the stakes are "a little bit higher" here.

Oh I know, as I can agree with the Globalist. Under certain mannerisms, like me as leader. But that is ego talking there, however thing is. I also understand that when you attempt to manipulate everyone, someone will always slip through those cracks. Such as those who have critical thinking to aid them, as that is something humanity is being dociled into stopping is our ability to critically think and question things.
Technocratic Forum

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Yes yes, we know the ones who deny ample evidence and the majority of experts are the ones with critical thinking. :roll:

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Free Tristania wrote:

Oh I know, as I can agree with the Globalist. Under certain mannerisms, like me as leader. But that is ego talking there, however thing is. I also understand that when you attempt to manipulate everyone, someone will always slip through those cracks. Such as those who have critical thinking to aid them, as that is something humanity is being dociled into stopping is our ability to critically think and question things.

I'd say, sometimes leaving things as they are and allow society to progress organically is the best solution. The government should just create certain conditions as in the sense of proper information services and tax credits if they want to bring about a green revolution and allow private individuals and companies to set up their own systems or their own mutualist associations where groups work together.
Last edited by Free Tristania on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Valrifell wrote:

Actually, I think there are more than a few XKCDs that would be applicable to this conversation. Maybe the most ever.

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/d/dc/earth_temperature_timeline.png
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:55 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:So why did 2017 beat 2016 in car sales?

That's simple, due to newer vehicles coming out many people exchange older vehicles that damage the environment more or vehicles they got tired of like my grand mother does often enough to buy new ones. Besides that you need to also account to the new drivers on the road, such as those just now getting their license; If or when they are able to afford a vehicle, whether it is new or used. So once more, you do not take into the factor of all factors within a market.

So, people buy more cars to replace the old cars yet you still say that cars are dying out?

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Albrenia wrote:Yes yes, we know the ones who deny ample evidence and the majority of experts are the ones with critical thinking. :roll:

Yet you come to believe a science that you lack the knowledge of or least someone who attempted to debunk me lacked it. May not of been you, however thing is. You have yet to debunk me either, you debunked proof or evidence. That is not me, myself. While some have claimed that I have lied, which does not debunk a molecule of what I stated.

At the same time, you give simple questions that even an elementary schooler could inform you was wrong. Like the car market, for my gods sake. Sorry I am laughing at that example, but that was a stupid question easily explained. However I admit, that did not come from you but another person.
Technocratic Forum

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:That's simple, due to newer vehicles coming out many people exchange older vehicles that damage the environment more or vehicles they got tired of like my grand mother does often enough to buy new ones. Besides that you need to also account to the new drivers on the road, such as those just now getting their license; If or when they are able to afford a vehicle, whether it is new or used. So once more, you do not take into the factor of all factors within a market.

So, people buy more cars to replace the old cars yet you still say that cars are dying out?

They are, but you got to understand the market. Which you obviously do not, seeing as you do not understand the explaination. Which is rather most contributed to by the fact that teenagers are gaining their license or those without a license are gaining them to allow the market to explode like every year previously.
Technocratic Forum

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm

They are, but you got to understand the market. Which you obviously do not, seeing as you do not understand the explaination. Which is rather most contributed to by the fact that teenagers are gaining their license or those without a license are gaining them to allow the market to explode like every year previously.

I am still waiting for evidence cars are dying out. You claim to understand the market, I have seen no evidence of this. I already pointed out that the last article you linked had nothing to do with actually banning cars but rather gas only powered cars, and even then it was only planning, not in action today.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Free Tristania wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:Oh I know, as I can agree with the Globalist. Under certain mannerisms, like me as leader. But that is ego talking there, however thing is. I also understand that when you attempt to manipulate everyone, someone will always slip through those cracks. Such as those who have critical thinking to aid them, as that is something humanity is being dociled into stopping is our ability to critically think and question things.

I'd say, sometimes leaving things as they are and allow society to progress organically is the best solution. The government should just create certain conditions as in the sense of proper information services and tax credits if they want to bring about a green revolution and allow private individuals and companies to set up their own systems or their own mutualist associations where groups work together.

Yeah, that way people can stop worrying about things that do not really concern them and can question the bigger concerns such as Government and etc.
Technocratic Forum

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:They are, but you got to understand the market. Which you obviously do not, seeing as you do not understand the explaination. Which is rather most contributed to by the fact that teenagers are gaining their license or those without a license are gaining them to allow the market to explode like every year previously.

I am still waiting for evidence cars are dying out. You claim to understand the market, I have seen no evidence of this. I already pointed out that the last article you linked had nothing to do with actually banning cars but rather gas only powered cars, and even then it was only planning, not in action today.

Oh really? Then you must not be reading, but that is not my problem.
Technocratic Forum

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Albrenia wrote:Yes yes, we know the ones who deny ample evidence and the majority of experts are the ones with critical thinking. :roll:

Yet you come to believe a science that you lack the knowledge of or least someone who attempted to debunk me lacked it. May not of been you, however thing is. You have yet to debunk me either, you debunked proof or evidence. That is not me, myself. While some have claimed that I have lied, which does not debunk a molecule of what I stated.

At the same time, you give simple questions that even an elementary schooler could inform you was wrong. Like the car market, for my gods sake. Sorry I am laughing at that example, but that was a stupid question easily explained. However I admit, that did not come from you but another person.

I think I'm done with this conversation. You don't seem to pay much attention to reality, post sources which debunk your own claims, and then post word salad about people not debunking you and the like.

Have fun I guess. I hope one day you stop discounting opinions just because they are the majority.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Neutraligon wrote:I am still waiting for evidence cars are dying out. You claim to understand the market, I have seen no evidence of this. I already pointed out that the last article you linked had nothing to do with actually banning cars but rather gas only powered cars, and even then it was only planning, not in action today.

Oh really? Then you must not be reading, but that is not my problem.

I have been reading. Seems you are basically claiming I am lying, what was it you said about lying again.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm

People buying more and more and more of a thing sense the 90's and at the same time it's dying.

What.

I repeated the explanation in short and apparently I don't understand it.

What.

Your teenager comment makes no sense.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:Oh really? Then you must not be reading, but that is not my problem.

I have been reading. Seems you are basically claiming I am lying, what was it you said about lying again.

I have not claimed anything, that is you claiming. However I am insinuating that you have yet to debunk it even to be considered false, so your view does not truly matter in this case. I have basically been subtly trying to show you this, as you have yet to debunk or state how I am "not correct in my evaluation" besides the fact that, "you believe it is, so it must be true" and nothing more or less of this.
Technocratic Forum

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Principality of the Raix wrote:Yet you come to believe a science that you lack the knowledge of or least someone who attempted to debunk me lacked it. May not of been you, however thing is. You have yet to debunk me either, you debunked proof or evidence. That is not me, myself. While some have claimed that I have lied, which does not debunk a molecule of what I stated.

I think I'm done with this conversation. You don't seem to pay much attention to reality, post sources which debunk your own claims, and then post word salad about people not debunking you and the like.

Have fun I guess. I hope one day you stop discounting opinions just because they are the majority.

I discount opinions from skepticism, I am not blindly gonna trust people nor trust some scientist when he is only one or even 15,000. Which is a minority of 10 million. Now when all scientists agree, like they normally do; If something is real, then I will concur it may exist.
Technocratic Forum

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Principality of the Raix wrote:They are, but you got to understand the market. Which you obviously do not, seeing as you do not understand the explaination. Which is rather most contributed to by the fact that teenagers are gaining their license or those without a license are gaining them to allow the market to explode like every year previously.

People buying more and more and more of a thing sense the 90's and at the same time it's dying.

What.

I repeated the explanation in short and apparently I don't understand it.

What.

Your teenager comment makes no sense.

I love all your assumptions, like this one based on my age. Funny. :ugeek:
Technocratic Forum

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General