NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread X: Pol's closed

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could alter or overturn one of these treaties, which would it be?

1 - Treaty of Paris (1783)
5%
2 - Pact of Umar
2%
3 - Treaty of Versailles
65%
4 - The Peace of Westphalia
4%
5 - The Congress of Vienna (1814)
6%
6 - Treaty of Berlin (1868)
2%
7 - Treaty of Trianon
3%
8 - Treaty of San Francisco
2%
9 - Japan–Korea Treaty (1905)
7%
10 - Other (Please give your take in the comment section, only so many options can be added)
5%

Total votes : 564

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:19 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:You don't actually contest, you just scoff.

Is an expression of scornful derision not opposing something as mistaken or wrong? Or do you scorn things that you think are right?

Yes, sometimes. "Muh human nature" argument against communism, for instance
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:20 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Yes, sometimes. "Muh human nature" argument against communism, for instance

I don't get it. Why scorn beliefs that are right?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:40 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Yes, sometimes. "Muh human nature" argument against communism, for instance

I don't get it. Why scorn beliefs that are right?

Because truth can be bastardized
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Mattopilos II
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:42 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Mattopilos II wrote:
You seem to pretend you don't do the same.

That's because I don't.

You continuously respond to people with single word or single phrase answers, when that itself isn't enough to clarify your view.
Anarchist without adjectives, Post-Leftist, Anti-theist, STEM major.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche
“Our duties - are the rights of others over us.” - Nietzsche

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:43 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:I don't get it. Why scorn beliefs that are right?

Because truth can be bastardized

And people can claim the bastardized as truth. Not pointing fingers here.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:45 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Because truth can be bastardized

That doesn't answer the question. If the belief is right, not 'if it holds a grain of truth', why scorn it?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:48 am

Mattopilos II wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:That's because I don't.

You continuously respond to people with single word or single phrase answers, when that itself isn't enough to clarify your view.

Which of my views do you find obscure?
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:50 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Because truth can be bastardized

That doesn't answer the question. If the belief is right, not 'if it holds a grain of truth', why scorn it?

Satan himself quoted truth when arguing with God.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:53 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Satan himself quoted truth when arguing with God.

And Hitler ate sugar.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:54 am

And Hitler ate sugar.

Missed my point, I think
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Mattopilos II
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:54 am

And Hitler ate sugar.

And Mussolini wore clothes.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:57 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:And Hitler ate sugar.

Missed my point, I think

I asked "Why?" and you responded "This fellow did it."

What other interpretation is there? What did you mean, then?

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:59 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Missed my point, I think

I asked "Why?" and you responded "This fellow did it."

I mean that truth when bastardized can be and often is used as a basis for deceit, evil or stupidity.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:00 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:I asked "Why?" and you responded "This fellow did it."

I mean that truth when bastardized can be and often is used as a basis for deceit, evil or stupidity.

Conserative Morality wrote:That doesn't answer the question. If the belief is right, not 'if it holds a grain of truth', why scorn it?

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Conserative Morality wrote:That doesn't answer the question. If the belief is right, not 'if it holds a grain of truth', why scorn it?

Because it is used to suggest or imply something perverse.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:12 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Because it is used to suggest or imply something perverse.

And if the 'perverse' is true?

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:17 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Because it is used to suggest or imply something perverse.

And if the 'perverse' is true?

By the perverse, I refer to normative, not descriptive
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 am

Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:06 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Well-

Does anyone think this?

Furthermore, what does it even mean- the Muslim world's political entities? The doctrines of various sects? Whatever the "true" version of Islam and Muslim beliefs are? Your Belloc fellow has just given himself a conveniently vague boogeyman to wax poetic/spew bullshit about.

When authors use "essentially" like this, it's a red flag to me that they're usually pretentious dickwads who are too full of themselves to realize they're blithering on about absolutely nothing. Who the fuck is Belloc to decide what the "essential" part of whatever he's defining as Islam is and whether or not it's survived? He's sure as hell not clarifying what he means or supporting this assertion.

Well, we'll never know. No good writer would base his point in uncomfirmable speculation about possible alternate histories like this. Furthermore, why is the city of Damascus apparently "THE ESSENTIAL POINT" in his mind?

Cool?

So what, this dipshit thinks that because Islam still exists, we should all be watching out for a resurgent Umayyad Caliphate to coalesce out of the smoke any day now and mow down Eurasia?

"Britain survives. Its monarchy is intact; therefore its material strength may return. Everyone, man the coastal defense guns, the Royal Navy's battle line could arrive at any moment!"

"Woe is me, let me climb up on my high horse and lament how we've all decayed morally, it's so sad, we used to be better, but then the liberals..."

This sort of trite, woebegone, fact-free warbling about how our lack of faith or worldliness or whatever is leading us to perdition seems to never go out of style, despite how fucking retarded it is and always has been. Curmudgeons of various types have been trying variants of it for the past four thousand years, yet here I am typing on a computer while eating Cheetos instead of rowing down the fucking Euphrates to hand this post to you on a clay tablet before dying of malnutrition.

The Muslim world- Syria, where bombing hospitals is basically the national sport now, or Afghanistan, where child molestation is a widespread tradition and opium the most profitable crop, or Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states, whose profligate elites live lavish lifestyles that you would condemn as decadent or degenerate while funding terrorism and war across the globe- isn't suffering from any kind of "spiritual decline", but the West's liberal democracies suddenly are just because church attendance has gone down or something? And Islam's "religious certitudes" are "still strong" as countless sects- the Muslim Brotherhood, the Houthis, IS, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, the Revolutionary Guard, the Taliban- plunge nations into war over differing interpretations of their faith and ancient sectarian hatreds? Dumbest shit I've read in a long time- author is just looking for any reason to fear the Muslim world, and also (perhaps even primarily) to play his sad fucking trombone about how Western liberals are ruining things and how it used to be some much better when we all had Jesus (apparently such a time existed?). The result is a paragraph of pretentious, baseless, navel-gazing, melodramatic drivel that you should honestly feel kinda bad for taking at all seriously or even posting here.

Also, I think the quote tags in this are not good, but I am way too out of it and requiring rest and sleep to actually try and fix the fucking things, so good evening (or morning) to you.

He said it when the Middle East was under colonial control.

Oh, well that explains part of why I've never fucking heard of him, besides his bad writing. Tell me, in the intervening century-ish, has Islam come to dominate the globe? :roll:

Damascus was the essential point in the Crusades for the same reason Gettysburg was in the American Civil War.

Firstly, that's a stupid comparison, and secondly, we can all fucking speculate about what would've happen if it had fallen, but it didn't and it's pretty fuckin' stupid to try and be taken seriously while doing so.

Britain is a nation, Islam is a religion/ideology.

Yes, I'm aware they're both abstract sociopolitical concepts, thank you for reinforcing my point. :p
The fact is you are a materialist and can only think in terms of Cheetos and such, whereas he is not talking about that.

I guarantee that the world is better and people are spiritually more fulfilled thanks to having food besides like occasional shitty flatbread with gravel and seed husks in it. :p

Spiritual decline is when the material becomes valued more than the spiritual.

Aka all of history- spirituality and religion has always just been a tool to gain power and material gain. All the people you root for who want a religious revival and restoration of Christian morality or whatever may be true believers, but at the end of the day it's about who they want to have power, regardless of the imagined reasons.
Islam might have a very negative spiritual focus, but they definitely have a spiritual will; for instance they still hold out against usury, whereas Christians long ago forsook their strict injunction against usury for material gain.

And look how far it's gotten us versus how far it's gotten them. Sad!

Orthodox Christians have offered a Christian alternative to usury, the OFS (Orthodox Financial System), but I doubt it will be adopted.

Yeah, probably not, sounds dumb. Let's hear it for the global financial industry!
The Parkus Empire wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:That reflects an abhorrent understanding of either the Crusades, or the Civil War. Or both.

I notice your posts frequently lack content and tend to say things like this, or using the Lord's name. The problem with this posting style is that it contributes zero to the discussion

Sounds like something hit home there, seeing as you've spent like a page attacking CM and his posting style rather than your own bad comparison that he was addressing :^)
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Senkaku wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:He said it when the Middle East was under colonial control.

Oh, well that explains part of why I've never fucking heard of him, besides his bad writing. Tell me, in the intervening century-ish, has Islam come to dominate the globe? :roll:

Damascus was the essential point in the Crusades for the same reason Gettysburg was in the American Civil War.

Firstly, that's a stupid comparison, and secondly, we can all fucking speculate about what would've happen if it had fallen, but it didn't and it's pretty fuckin' stupid to try and be taken seriously while doing so.

Britain is a nation, Islam is a religion/ideology.

Yes, I'm aware they're both abstract sociopolitical concepts, thank you for reinforcing my point. :p
The fact is you are a materialist and can only think in terms of Cheetos and such, whereas he is not talking about that.

I guarantee that the world is better and people are spiritually more fulfilled thanks to having food besides like occasional shitty flatbread with gravel and seed husks in it. :p

Spiritual decline is when the material becomes valued more than the spiritual.

Aka all of history- spirituality and religion has always just been a tool to gain power and material gain. All the people you root for who want a religious revival and restoration of Christian morality or whatever may be true believers, but at the end of the day it's about who they want to have power, regardless of the imagined reasons.
Islam might have a very negative spiritual focus, but they definitely have a spiritual will; for instance they still hold out against usury, whereas Christians long ago forsook their strict injunction against usury for material gain.

And look how far it's gotten us versus how far it's gotten them. Sad!

Orthodox Christians have offered a Christian alternative to usury, the OFS (Orthodox Financial System), but I doubt it will be adopted.

Yeah, probably not, sounds dumb. Let's hear it for the global financial industry!
The Parkus Empire wrote:I notice your posts frequently lack content and tend to say things like this, or using the Lord's name. The problem with this posting style is that it contributes zero to the discussion

Sounds like something hit home there, seeing as you've spent like a page attacking CM and his posting style rather than your own bad comparison that he was addressing :^)

It's gotten us to a major environmental crisis and a completely unsustainable level of consumerism. When it catches up tonus in however many hundreds of years, it will be a catastrophe of Biblical proprtions.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Senkaku wrote:Yeah, probably not, sounds dumb. Let's hear it for the global financial industry!

I regret to inform you that I can't endorse this statement

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:28 am

The East Marches II wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Yeah, probably not, sounds dumb. Let's hear it for the global financial industry!

I regret to inform you that I can't endorse this statement

Haven't you heard that TV Tropes will ruin your life?
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 am

Northern Davincia wrote:

Haven't you heard that TV Tropes will ruin your life?

So does Popery but neither us of stop :^]

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 am

Northern Davincia wrote:Haven't you heard that TV Tropes will ruin your life?

:^)
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

Northern Davincia wrote:

:^)

:^]

PreviousNext

Advertisement