NATION

PASSWORD

Zimbabwe: Mugabe's Fall & Its Aftermath

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Zimbabwe: Mugabe's Fall & Its Aftermath

Postby Rupudska » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 pm

http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/zimbabwe ... integrate/

JOHANNESBURG – President Robert Mugabe and the Generation 40 (G40) Faction were today expelled from the ruling Zanu-PF by the Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association (ZNLWVA).

The war veterans accused Mugabe and the G40 Faction of corruption and of being anti-revolutionary. They denounced the sacking of former Vice President Emmerson and instead sacked Mugabe and his G40 allies.

It’s highly unlikely that this purported expulsion will have any effect whatsoever. It may instead, draw unwarranted attention on the war veterans themselves, forcing the powers that be to take action against them.

In what is probably an ultimately symbolic move, the party currently running Zimbabwe has given Mugabe and his entire faction the boot today. Symbolic, yes, but also showing just how unstable the situation in Zimbabwe is. Don't break out the FALs and short pants yet though, as Mugabe remains in power and the Zanu-PF has yet to find someone to replace him.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title after merging with another thread on the same topic.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Rupudska wrote:http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/zimbabwe/mugabe-wife-expelled-ruling-party-zanu-pf-disintegrate/

JOHANNESBURG – President Robert Mugabe and the Generation 40 (G40) Faction were today expelled from the ruling Zanu-PF by the Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association (ZNLWVA).

The war veterans accused Mugabe and the G40 Faction of corruption and of being anti-revolutionary. They denounced the sacking of former Vice President Emmerson and instead sacked Mugabe and his G40 allies.

It’s highly unlikely that this purported expulsion will have any effect whatsoever. It may instead, draw unwarranted attention on the war veterans themselves, forcing the powers that be to take action against them.

In what is probably an ultimately symbolic move, the party currently running Zimbabwe has given Mugabe and his entire faction the boot today. Symbolic, yes, but also showing just how unstable the situation in Zimbabwe is. Don't break out the FALs and short pants yet though, as Mugabe remains in power and the Zanu-PF has yet to find someone to replace him.

Just in case the shorts are are standby.

While this probably isn't going to be the end of Mugabe the past few days have been the strongest threat to his rule in the last decade. I hope that this will at least spell the end of ZANU-PF, though that's probably just wishful thinking on my part. I do wonder though what ZNLWVA's plan is if they haven't picked a replacement leader for ZANU-PF yet.
Last edited by Heloin on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Rupudska wrote:http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/zimbabwe/mugabe-wife-expelled-ruling-party-zanu-pf-disintegrate/

A sitting Government accused a member of anti-revolutionary activity... :rofl:

Oh Zimbabwe, you crack me up.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:08 pm

President Robert Mugabe said he fired Mnangagwa, one of Zimbabwe's two vice presidents, earlier this week for scheming to take power, including by consulting witch doctors.

lol

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:10 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
President Robert Mugabe said he fired Mnangagwa, one of Zimbabwe's two vice presidents, earlier this week for scheming to take power, including by consulting witch doctors.

lol

Want to take over Zimbabwe? I doubt we can do any worse than Mugabe.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Purge time?
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm surprised the Neo-Nazis aren't heading down there already considering how much they hold it up as an example of oppression of white people.

...and I've answered my own question since if they took over they wouldn't be able to hide behind it to claim they're victims too.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Shofercia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:lol

I can guarantee anyone, and I mean anyone, at this point is better than Mugabe. Hell a cardboard cutout of Mugabe and a flower pot would probably be better for the country.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:14 pm

*Puts away jukebox and party loudspeakers.*

Awwwwwwww...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 pm

Vassenor wrote:I'm surprised the Neo-Nazis aren't heading down there already considering how much they hold it up as an example of oppression of white people.

...and I've answered my own question since if they took over they wouldn't be able to hide behind it to claim they're victims too.

Great so you have nothing else to contribute to the thread. Goodbye!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Is there a way we can rename the capital from Harare to Harambe? Just change the "r" to the "mb" - that'd work, right? :P

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Heloin wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

I can guarantee anyone, and I mean anyone, at this point is better than Mugabe. Hell a cardboard cutout of Mugabe and a flower pot would probably be better for the country.

Grace would be worse.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Heloin wrote:I can guarantee anyone, and I mean anyone, at this point is better than Mugabe. Hell a cardboard cutout of Mugabe and a flower pot would probably be better for the country.

Grace would be worse.

Grace?

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Shofercia wrote:Is there a way we can rename the capital from Harare to Harambe? Just change the "r" to the "mb" - that'd work, right? :P

Harambee is actually a term in Kenya for fundraising and community efforts, so not impossible.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:22 pm

[align=][/align]
Luminesa wrote:
Vassenor wrote:I'm surprised the Neo-Nazis aren't heading down there already considering how much they hold it up as an example of oppression of white people.

Great so you have nothing else to contribute to the thread. Goodbye!

Right, because responding to someone's post about people trying to take over the country is not contributing to the thread apparently. :roll:
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:22 pm

Shofercia wrote:Is there a way we can rename the capital from Harare to Harambe? Just change the "r" to the "mb" - that'd work, right? :P

But that's the state ideology of Kenya...
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Shofercia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:Grace would be worse.

Grace?

Grace Mugabe, Robert's wife, and the person who has been considered for some time now to be his likely successor.

I honestly don't know how much this news changes things, it's a recent development and there's not much info on it yet. I'm not well versed in Zimbabwean politics (and certainly nobody else on this forum is either lol), so I've got no idea what the effects might be. She might still be poised to succeed him, she might not. I'll wait for Africa is a Country to comment, I guess.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:

Harambee is actually a term in Kenya for fundraising and community efforts, so not impossible.

That's good to know, thank you! How about this slogan: "The Harambe Tourism Agency Welcomes You to Zimbabwe!" Think that'll fly?

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Until he's actually booted from the office, this is nothing more than a pageant.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 pm

Bhikkustan wrote:

Harambe is the state ideology of the place where Obama's father was born? This thread's very informative!
Last edited by Shofercia on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Bhikkustan wrote:But that's the state ideology of Kenya...

Harambe is the state ideology of the place where Obama's father was born? This thread's very informative!

Shouldn't be long before someone photoshops Obama's head on a gorilla torso.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

United States Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:

It's not only used in Kenya.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:27 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
Grace?

Grace Mugabe, Robert's wife, and the person who has been considered for some time now to be his likely successor.

I honestly don't know how much this news changes things, it's a recent development and there's not much info on it yet. I'm not well versed in Zimbabwean politics (and certainly nobody else on this forum is either lol), so I've got no idea what the effects might be. She might still be poised to succeed him, she might not. I'll wait for Africa is a Country to comment, I guess.

Hahaha. So then there's two things that need to be done: first, rename capital to Harambe. Second, change national anthem to Amazing Grace.

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Bhikkustan wrote:

Kenya doesn't have any unitary state ideology. A lot of the shitty parties we have are blended from a lot of influences, such as western social democracy for ODM. For the current government, it is basically centre-right with a mix of religion(Christianity) to it.

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:29 pm

I honestly question if this will do anything. Mugabe has done well being a good dictator, and has survived for so long. It would be surprising to see him go.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General