NATION

PASSWORD

Don't Hit a Woman

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Don't Hit a Woman

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:15 pm

This injunction sometimes recieves the response, "or anyone". But I disagree: men share a common identity and are therefore obligated to police each other. If, for instance, a man sees a man make an unsolicited sexual comment to a woman he is generally obligated to hit him in order to express extreme intolerance of his conduct.

Does anyone disagree?
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76677
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Yes. Commentary, however crude or unwelcome, does not warrant violence. Furthermore, I share little common identity on account of my gender. I'm under no more obligation to police them than I am any other marginally connected group.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Gaozu
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1108
Founded: Jan 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaozu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I wouldn't hit anyone.
I don't have any energy for sig creation rn, I'll do it later. ;_;

Donut section
 
Founded:

Postby Donut section » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:19 pm

While I'm all for people being able to hit each other, no one is ever obligated to do it. If the woman in your scenario needed this guy to be hit she can do it herself.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8051
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Nah. Man or Woman, I won't hit anyone. Only if I need to as self-defense.



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
De Valentian CV.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 40
If above = 50, make him a Lesbian.

• Eat my fking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
Principality of the Raix
Diplomat
 
Posts: 836
Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:19 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:This injunction sometimes recieves the response, "or anyone". But I disagree: men share a common identity and are therefore obligated to police each other. If, for instance, a man sees a man make an unsolicited sexual comment to a woman he is generally obligated to hit him in order to express extreme intolerance of his conduct.

Does anyone disagree?

I must disagree as to think, unless it is your wife or daughter that you should need to harm another of the same sex over something that he says and he may mean as a compliment. True, guys are crude about how they express themselves. However, you should never jump to the conclusion that it is meant with disrespect. Unless once more the tone of voice suggests that it is meant to be insulting. So once more, like the above individual. I disagree completely.
Last edited by Principality of the Raix on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

User avatar
Drescauld
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Drescauld » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:20 pm

The hell? This is absolute nonsense. “Oh but men need to keep other men in line”. No, nobody has the right to hit anyone. It doesn’t matter what they say or do. You’re part of the problem, this is like saying it’s okay for women to abuse men because ‘dont Hit a woman’. This sounds pretty sexist to me.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97
PLEASE READ FACTBOOKS BEFORE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT MY NATION
NS STATS ARE NOT USED

Pro: Gun, Capitalism, Human Rights, Individual Rights, Science over Religion, Free Speech.
Anti: SJW, Socialist, Big Government, Radical Religion/Social Groups.

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 66010
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:20 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:This injunction sometimes recieves the response, "or anyone". But I disagree: men share a common identity and are therefore obligated to police each other. If, for instance, a man sees a man make an unsolicited sexual comment to a woman he is generally obligated to hit him in order to express extreme intolerance of his conduct.

Does anyone disagree?

No he isn't.
Comments however vulgar do not warrant physical violence.
Liberal Social Democrat. Vague leftist, growing more cynical as each day passes.
The DNC is better than the GOP like Manslaughter is better than Murder: Seems like a lesser crime, but the victim can't tell the difference.

User avatar
SovietGermany
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby SovietGermany » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:21 pm

I'll have you know that I respect women to the highest degree 100% no sarcasm
"If you tell a big enough lie, and you tell it frequently enough, it will be believed" - Adolf Hitler

"It's a free country, not a rent-free country" - Mr. Ditkovich, 2007

User avatar
Saint Gloria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 102
Founded: Mar 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Gloria » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:This injunction sometimes recieves the response, "or anyone". But I disagree: men share a common identity and are therefore obligated to police each other. If, for instance, a man sees a man make an unsolicited sexual comment to a woman he is generally obligated to hit him in order to express extreme intolerance of his conduct.

Does anyone disagree?

No I agree with you.

User avatar
Imperium Sidhicum
Senator
 
Posts: 4324
Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Sidhicum » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Suffice it to say that if a woman acts in a manner endangering herself and someone else, let alone myself, then I will not be above striking her.

Other than that, it's largely against my convictions.
Freedom doesn't mean being able to do as one please, but rather not to do as one doesn't please.

A fool sees religion as the truth. A smart man sees religion as a lie. A ruler sees religion as a useful tool.

The more God in one's mouth, the less in one's heart.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5340
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:This injunction sometimes recieves the response, "or anyone". But I disagree: men share a common identity and are therefore obligated to police each other. If, for instance, a man sees a man make an unsolicited sexual comment to a woman he is generally obligated to hit him in order to express extreme intolerance of his conduct.

Does anyone disagree?

I respond with "or anyone"

Two wrongs don't make a right. It's that fucking simple.
"Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken." ~St. Francis de Sales
An 8 Power Civilization, with Tier 9 Technology and Type 7 Influence.
I use NS stats for the Economy and GDP spending only.
Working on this right now!

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
My favourite revenge would be:
Genivaria wrote:Giving him an anal probe with a bayonet?

User avatar
Kaldrassil
Secretary
 
Posts: 28
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaldrassil » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Drescauld wrote:The hell? This is absolute nonsense. “Oh but men need to keep other men in line”. No, nobody has the right to hit anyone. It doesn’t matter what they say or do. You’re part of the problem, this is like saying it’s okay for women to abuse men because ‘dont Hit a woman’. This sounds pretty sexist to me.

I agree. People who are feminist are often just as sexist as the people they hate. Equalist/centrist is really the only way to be.

User avatar
New haven america
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37428
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 pm

It's not my job to police other's of my sex/gender.
Last edited by New haven america on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2020

That's all folks~

User avatar
Drescauld
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Drescauld » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Kaldrassil wrote:
Drescauld wrote:The hell? This is absolute nonsense. “Oh but men need to keep other men in line”. No, nobody has the right to hit anyone. It doesn’t matter what they say or do. You’re part of the problem, this is like saying it’s okay for women to abuse men because ‘dont Hit a woman’. This sounds pretty sexist to me.

I agree. People who are feminist are often just as sexist as the people they hate. Equalist/centrist is really the only way to be.

You are saying exactly what I always do, it’s not right to hit anyone. I call myself an agalitarian because I believe in true equality, not victimizing and empowering one group of people to a point of dominance like some people, like most third wave feminist, do.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97
PLEASE READ FACTBOOKS BEFORE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT MY NATION
NS STATS ARE NOT USED

Pro: Gun, Capitalism, Human Rights, Individual Rights, Science over Religion, Free Speech.
Anti: SJW, Socialist, Big Government, Radical Religion/Social Groups.

User avatar
NeuPolska
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9184
Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:24 pm

It just wouldn't feel right to hit a woman in malice. I have never hit a woman, even when I was younger and I got scratched up by a female classmate's nails. I didn't do anything about it. I've punched dudes though and I've been punched myself. I wouldn't go straight to punching though, especially with strangers, so if I was in a situation where I should "police" someone as the OP describes, I'd probably be more verbally confrontive than just busting the dude in the jaw.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

User avatar
Principality of the Raix
Diplomat
 
Posts: 836
Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Kaldrassil wrote:I agree. People who are feminist are often just as sexist as the people they hate. Equalist/centrist is really the only way to be.

Equality to both sexes is egalitarian, just saying. Don't know if you know it or not, but figured i would comment on that for those who may not.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5340
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 pm

New haven america wrote:It's not my job to police other's of my sex/gender.

OP is just having an SJW phase, it'll pass. I hope.
"Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken." ~St. Francis de Sales
An 8 Power Civilization, with Tier 9 Technology and Type 7 Influence.
I use NS stats for the Economy and GDP spending only.
Working on this right now!

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
My favourite revenge would be:
Genivaria wrote:Giving him an anal probe with a bayonet?

User avatar
The Parkus Empire
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43030
Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Genivaria wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:This injunction sometimes recieves the response, "or anyone". But I disagree: men share a common identity and are therefore obligated to police each other. If, for instance, a man sees a man make an unsolicited sexual comment to a woman he is generally obligated to hit him in order to express extreme intolerance of his conduct.

Does anyone disagree?

No he isn't.
Comments however vulgar do not warrant physical violence.

Sexual harassment is connected in a way with violence. It is a way to instill fear and carries a subtle threat with it.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

User avatar
Anarchitaria
Envoy
 
Posts: 302
Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Anarchitaria » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 pm

The societal expectations of men is a fickle thing.
Peter Kropotkin wrote, “We accustom ourselves and our children to hypocrisy, to the practice of a double-faced morality. And since the brain is ill at ease among lies, we cheat ourselves with sophistry. Hypocrisy and sophistry become the second nature of the civilized man. But a society cannot live thus; it must return to truth or cease to exist.” The Conquest of Bread (1892)

User avatar
The Two Jerseys
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14826
Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:26 pm

New haven america wrote:It's not my job to police other's of my sex/gender.

It's not my job to police anyone, period.
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

User avatar
The brianverse
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 102
Founded: Jan 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The brianverse » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:26 pm

You know, some places that sort of stuff is standard, they wouldn't like you telling them how to live/treat people/etc.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5340
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Genivaria wrote:No he isn't.
Comments however vulgar do not warrant physical violence.

Sexual harassment is connected in a way with violence. It is a way to instill fear and carries a subtle threat with it.

Calling a woman 'an object for being used' is being an asshole sure, but it doesn't justify assault.
"Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken." ~St. Francis de Sales
An 8 Power Civilization, with Tier 9 Technology and Type 7 Influence.
I use NS stats for the Economy and GDP spending only.
Working on this right now!

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
My favourite revenge would be:
Genivaria wrote:Giving him an anal probe with a bayonet?

User avatar
Principality of the Raix
Diplomat
 
Posts: 836
Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:Sexual harassment is connected in a way with violence. It is a way to instill fear and carries a subtle threat with it.


Sorry, but no. That is not true, unless the tone of voice suggests a subtle implication to make it assault sexual harassment. Sometimes it can be just a guy being stupid, but for it to be violent. Something must trigger the violence to begin with. Your above post on a guy hitting another guy over a comment to a women, is obviously that trigger in this case. However, you must understand that not all sexual harassment is meant to intimidate. Most of the time, it is just guys trying to tease females and them taking it the wrong way.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5340
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Genivaria wrote:No he isn't.
Comments however vulgar do not warrant physical violence.

Sexual harassment is connected in a way with violence. It is a way to instill fear and carries a subtle threat with it.

That's like saying if someone called your sister a slut, then she's gonna get raped later that night. I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way.
"Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken." ~St. Francis de Sales
An 8 Power Civilization, with Tier 9 Technology and Type 7 Influence.
I use NS stats for the Economy and GDP spending only.
Working on this right now!

Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
My favourite revenge would be:
Genivaria wrote:Giving him an anal probe with a bayonet?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abbeyverne, AWF Governance Committee, Broader Confederate States, Confederate Norway, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Duvniask, Esternial, Ethel mermania, Eukaryotic Cells, Fahran, Geneviev, Heathmire, Heloin, Idzequitch, Jerzylvania, Kombinita Socialisma Demokratio, La xinga, Loben III, Monsone, Necroghastia, Plzen, Rainbow Forest, Ramalia Shanatopian, Shrillland, Talvezout, The Black Forrest, The Huskar Social Union, Trollzyn the Infinite, Valrifell, Washington Resistance Army

Advertisement

Remove ads