NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread X - Follow the Money

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:But what about the war on Christmas?

Exactly. With peace now achieved in the Middle East, Trump can focus his attention on letting Americans say "Merry Christmas" again.

Senkaku wrote:That's why we're trying to make peace in Israel before then. We can't be fighting a two-front war, man.

Bingo.

Wait till he finds out that Christmas was invented by the Deep State to cover up a pagan holiday, and that when Revelation comes they'll unveil it and expose everyone as pagans. The Deep State will have proven their worth to God, whilst everyone else gets sent to Hell.

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 pm

Oh no. Trump is acknowledging the reality that Jerusalem is Israel's capital. How terrible.
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-recognizes-jerusalem-as-israel

Yes, this is an old news we all already know. However, there's this line below I want to address.

“This is a long overdue step to advance the peace process and to work towards a lasting agreement,” he added.

What kind of peace process that he has in mind when he did this?

Greater Israel a reality, and all the Palestinians in the bottom of the ocean along with the Rohingya and Osama Bin Laden.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Very important to make peace before Christmas.

But what about the war on Christmas?

It's over Christmas won. We have a couple stores with Christmas stuff in July.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Kramania wrote:Oh no. Trump is acknowledging the reality that Jerusalem is Israel's capital. How terrible.

So edgy.

It's a meaningless effort if all the other countries are quiet and the embassy keeps having delays on moving.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Kramania wrote:Oh no. Trump is acknowledging the reality that Jerusalem is Israel's capital. How terrible.

So edgy.

It's a meaningless effort if all the other countries are quiet and the embassy keeps having delays on moving.

You'd think that the embassy would have a ring at the top of it where heavy-lifting helicopters can put the hook so they can lift it away if things ever get hairy for the embassy. If they did, moving from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem would be easy.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Zanera wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
So edgy.

You'd think that the embassy would have a ring at the top of it where heavy-lifting helicopters can put the hook so they can lift it away if things ever get hairy for the embassy. If they did, moving from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem would be easy.

I believe they already have a place. One thing that will be a big delay is all security preparation work. This will be one delay but that's expected. What will be interesting if if there are continuous delays. if that goes on it's just another republican paper tiger.....

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:18 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Zanera wrote:

I believe they already have a place. One thing that will be a big delay is all security preparation work. This will be one delay but that's expected. What will be interesting if if there are continuous delays. if that goes on it's just another republican paper tiger.....

What if a plague of locusts eats all their paperwork?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-recognizes-jerusalem-as-israel

Yes, this is an old news we all already know. However, there's this line below I want to address.

“This is a long overdue step to advance the peace process and to work towards a lasting agreement,” he added.

What kind of peace process that he has in mind when he did this?

Greater Israel a reality, and all the Palestinians in the bottom of the ocean along with the Rohingya and Osama Bin Laden.

Yeah, no.

The Black Forrest wrote:

So edgy.

Czech Republic has come out in support.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Corrian wrote:Czech Republic has come out in support.

Ok. One more. They have an embassy there? Are they moving?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

No idea.
My Last.FM and RYM

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

I didn't think Ivana's family was on good terms with The Donald.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Trump administration twists anti-discrimination law to claim the KKK is a protected class

In the circus surrounding the Masterpiece Bakeshop case, in which a Colorado baker refused to serve gay customers, lost a discrimination case and then appealed it all the way to the Supreme Court, a strange tidbit emerged yesterday. In explaining why Jack Phillips, the bakery’s owner, should not be compelled to serve people whose lifestyles go against his religious beliefs, Solicitor General Noel Francisco kept saying that a black sculptor should not be compelled to make art for the Ku Klux Klan.

As Imani Gandy at Rewire pointed out Wednesday, Francisco, who serves as the government’s lawyer, got at least one half of his argument right — no lawyer could successfully argue that it’s discriminatory for an African-American artist to deny service to a KKK member. But that’s because, unlike LGBTQ people, KKK members are not members of a “protected class.”

“The anti-discrimination law doesn’t require every business to serve every person on the planet,” Gandy wrote. “It merely requires that a business not refuse service based on a person’s protected characteristic.”

Under Colorado’s anti-discrimination law, “places of public accommodation” like businesses, restaurants, stores and hotels are not permitted to refuse service to someone based on protected characteristics. Those characteristics include “disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin and ancestry.”

“A protected or ‘suspect’ class,” she continued, “is made up of ‘discrete and insular minorities’: a group of people who have historically been subjected to discrimination, comprise a discrete minority (meaning there aren’t a lot of them, percentage-wise), and have immutable characteristics (meaning characteristics that cannot be changed).”

Being a member of the Klan or other bigoted groups is not unchangeable, nor does it subject one to historic discrimination (no matter what racist right-wingers would have you believe).
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 pm

Trump faces protests ahead of Civil Rights Museum visit

President Trump plans to visit Mississippi this weekend to celebrate the opening of the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum — but the NAACP wishes he’d go play golf instead.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday that Trump will help open the Museum of Mississippi History and the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum on Saturday as part of the state’s bicentennial observance.

But NAACP President Derrick Johnson said in a statement that Trump’s record on civil rights and fraught relationship with many in the African-American community made him an unwelcome guest at the Magnolia State event.

“President Trump’s statements and policies regarding the protection and enforcement of civil rights have been abysmal, and his attendance is an affront to the veterans of the civil rights movement,” Johnson said.

“He has created a commission to reinforce voter suppression, refused to denounce white supremacists, and overall, has created a racially hostile climate in this nation.”

Amos Brown, the San Francisco branch president and a native of Jackson, Mississippi, agreed that the president should stay away.

“As a freedom fighter and contemporary of Emmett Till, Trump’s visit is an insult. He has never been a supporter of civil rights or equal opportunity or justice,” Brown said.

“He’s been silent on civil rights issues, and his silence speaks volumes.”

Trump has been criticized for racially charged tweets and comments, including blaming “both sides” for violence at a deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

He has also been critical of NFL players who kneel during the national anthem to protest police violence and racism, and for years peddled the bogus “birther” conspiracy theory that ex-President Obama was not born in the US.

Activists have threatened to boycott or protest Trump’s participation, which Sanders said would be unfortunate.

“I think that would be honestly very sad. This is something that should bring the country together to celebrate the opening of this museum and highlighting the civil rights movement and the progress that we’ve made,” she said at the White House press briefing.

“And I would hope that those individuals would join in that celebration instead of protesting it. However, they have ever right to protest it.”
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Galloism wrote:Trump faces protests ahead of Civil Rights Museum visit

President Trump plans to visit Mississippi this weekend to celebrate the opening of the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum — but the NAACP wishes he’d go play golf instead.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday that Trump will help open the Museum of Mississippi History and the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum on Saturday as part of the state’s bicentennial observance.

But NAACP President Derrick Johnson said in a statement that Trump’s record on civil rights and fraught relationship with many in the African-American community made him an unwelcome guest at the Magnolia State event.

“President Trump’s statements and policies regarding the protection and enforcement of civil rights have been abysmal, and his attendance is an affront to the veterans of the civil rights movement,” Johnson said.

“He has created a commission to reinforce voter suppression, refused to denounce white supremacists, and overall, has created a racially hostile climate in this nation.”

Amos Brown, the San Francisco branch president and a native of Jackson, Mississippi, agreed that the president should stay away.

“As a freedom fighter and contemporary of Emmett Till, Trump’s visit is an insult. He has never been a supporter of civil rights or equal opportunity or justice,” Brown said.

Trump has been criticized for racially charged tweets and comments, including blaming “both sides” for violence at a deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

He has also been critical of NFL players who kneel during the national anthem to protest police violence and racism, and for years peddled the bogus “birther” conspiracy theory that ex-President Obama was not born in the US.

Activists have threatened to boycott or protest Trump’s participation, which Sanders said would be unfortunate.

“I think that would be honestly very sad. This is something that should bring the country together to celebrate the opening of this museum and highlighting the civil rights movement and the progress that we’ve made,” she said at the White House press briefing.

“And I would hope that those individuals would join in that celebration instead of protesting it. However, they have ever right to protest it.”

I just wonder if he'll say something inappropriate.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Zanera wrote:

I just wonder if he'll say something inappropriate.

Bonus points if he mentions fried chicken, watermelon and/or greens.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Galloism wrote:Trump administration twists anti-discrimination law to claim the KKK is a protected class

In the circus surrounding the Masterpiece Bakeshop case, in which a Colorado baker refused to serve gay customers, lost a discrimination case and then appealed it all the way to the Supreme Court, a strange tidbit emerged yesterday. In explaining why Jack Phillips, the bakery’s owner, should not be compelled to serve people whose lifestyles go against his religious beliefs, Solicitor General Noel Francisco kept saying that a black sculptor should not be compelled to make art for the Ku Klux Klan.

As Imani Gandy at Rewire pointed out Wednesday, Francisco, who serves as the government’s lawyer, got at least one half of his argument right — no lawyer could successfully argue that it’s discriminatory for an African-American artist to deny service to a KKK member. But that’s because, unlike LGBTQ people, KKK members are not members of a “protected class.”

“The anti-discrimination law doesn’t require every business to serve every person on the planet,” Gandy wrote. “It merely requires that a business not refuse service based on a person’s protected characteristic.”

Under Colorado’s anti-discrimination law, “places of public accommodation” like businesses, restaurants, stores and hotels are not permitted to refuse service to someone based on protected characteristics. Those characteristics include “disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin and ancestry.”

“A protected or ‘suspect’ class,” she continued, “is made up of ‘discrete and insular minorities’: a group of people who have historically been subjected to discrimination, comprise a discrete minority (meaning there aren’t a lot of them, percentage-wise), and have immutable characteristics (meaning characteristics that cannot be changed).”

Being a member of the Klan or other bigoted groups is not unchangeable, nor does it subject one to historic discrimination (no matter what racist right-wingers would have you believe).

This is one of those things that felt like satire but way too specific to be satire, therefore I believed it.
My Last.FM and RYM

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Galloism wrote:Trump faces protests ahead of Civil Rights Museum visit

I almost feel for him on this one. The winning move is so narrow I don't really know who could hit it. If he ignored it, which was probably his best move, of course he doesn't give a shit about Civil Rights. Though, and this is why I think it was his best move, I probably wouldn't have even heard of it. And if I did I probably would have passed on it because I wouldn't really know if that's a thing that presidents should go to.

So, points for the balls to show up. But of course, given his history of course he's going to get protested. Now he has to find a way to focus on the museum and not equate him getting protested against with the civi-

He's totally going to do that, isn't he? He's going to compare himself to the people who fought for their civil rights. Like, literally the worst option.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Dawnridge
Civilian

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawnridge » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Trump 2020 is all I'm gonna say. :kiss:

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Dawnridge wrote:Trump 2020 is all I'm gonna say. :kiss:

We need to find someone with the name "Hindsight" to run against him then ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:18 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

We need to find someone with the name "Hindsight" to run against him then ;)

Bummed at how long that took me.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Autumn Wind
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Autumn Wind » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:27 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Corrian wrote:Gonna say, the Trump decision today on Israel doesn't really bother me that much.

Nor me, but it still feels like that classic Trump - rushed with no attempt to think about the consequences.

Consequences are irrelevant.

It pleases his base (evangelicals are ecstatic), and helps guarantee a reelection. Everything outside of that is irrelevant (international protests and objections only further his popularity with the Republican base). Long term geopolitical complications for the US are irrelevant (The Deep State/Elites/Liberals disagree - see above)
Your faith does not amuse me. Fundamentalism is a singularly unfunny disposition- A Rightist Puppet

In short, "fascist" is a modern word for "heretic," branding an individual worthy of excommunication from the body politic. The right uses otherwords ("reverse-racist," "feminazi," "unamerican," "communist") for similiar purposes, but these words have less elastic meanings. Fascism, however, is the gift that keeps on giving. - Jonah Goldberg, revisited.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 pm

God help us. It's a possibility when considering the simple people of the land.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

God help us. It's a possibility when considering the simple people of the land.

It gets worse when Hillary, "guided by my conscience" runs again, takes the democratic nomination and loses to Trump in a re-run.

It can always get worse.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:41 pm

So apparently we should allow companies to hang anti-LGBT signs up in their businesses

Sounds eerily familiar...Though I feel like it would get scrutinized so much in this era compared to before.
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General