NATION

PASSWORD

[POLL] Where are you from?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

In which of the following regions do you normally live?

East Asia
2%
Southeast Asia
4%
South Asia
0%
Central & West Asia
3%
Western Europe
22%
Eastern Europe
9%
Oceania
5%
Africa
1%
North America
52%
South America
3%

Total votes : 393

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:It would have saved you time to just have said, "Hell"

For which city? :p

For all of them, Philadelphia might be a kinda hell lite
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Utah, USA.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
For which city? :p

For all of them, Philadelphia might be a kinda hell lite

Philly isn't that bad. Besides, I lived like an hour north of Philly. Solebury, to be specific. Beautiful small town, I must say.

I love living here in Flagstaff, too.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Like it's going to matter. With this new hologram technology mail will be nonexistent

You take that back! The Galactic Imperium has spent trillions of credits on the Galactic Mail Service!

Ya they waste my hard earned credits on an outdated system when they could be building 1,000 km long super ships
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Nouveau Yathrib wrote:Born and raised in the US, specifically Cleveland, Portland, Atlanta and Austin for 3 years, then Portland again for the remainder of my childhood. Currently residing on the West Coast

You bounced between those 4 cities in three years?

My family moved between Portland, Atlanta, Austin, and Portland again within the span of three calendar years, yes.
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Sovaal wrote:You take that back! The Galactic Imperium has spent trillions of credits on the Galactic Mail Service!

Ya they waste my hard earned credits on an outdated system when they could be building 1,000 km long super ships

Why build a fleet of super ships when we can build a Moon-of-Doom with less tactical worth?
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

The Transhuman Union
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Transhuman Union » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:59 pm

This is already turning off-topic...

Congrats.
A big, 1.8 M blob filled with joy and enthusiasm, with a small dash of ingenuity combined with a youthful, healthy dose of idealism.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:For all of them, Philadelphia might be a kinda hell lite

Philly isn't that bad. Besides, I lived like an hour north of Philly. Solebury, to be specific. Beautiful small town, I must say.

Is that an hour including traffic or not?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:59 pm

The Transhuman Union wrote:This is already turning off-topic...

Congrats.

You must be new here
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Ya they waste my hard earned credits on an outdated system when they could be building 1,000 km long super ships

Why build a fleet of super ships when we can build a Moon-of-Doom with less tactical worth?

Why stop at one?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:01 pm

North America.

Born and grew up in Colorado Springs, currently living in a small town in Oregon.
Last edited by New haven america on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Why build a fleet of super ships when we can build a Moon-of-Doom with less tactical worth?

Why stop at one?

Plot.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Panggaea
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Panggaea » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

Congrats.

You must be new here

I actually think it entertaining to watch two super space civilisations bickering over postal systems :lol:

The Transhuman Union
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Transhuman Union » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

Congrats.

You must be new here

I have seen some general topics, but they don't turn into a chat real quick...

They turn into trolling...
A big, 1.8 M blob filled with joy and enthusiasm, with a small dash of ingenuity combined with a youthful, healthy dose of idealism.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Nouveau Yathrib wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:You bounced between those 4 cities in three years?

My family moved between Portland, Atlanta, Austin, and Portland again within the span of three calendar years, yes.

Dang. That must have sucked. How did you like Atlanta, if you where even old enough to remember it?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Congrats.

Welcome to NSG.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm from Ireland
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Most specifically, Central Michigan.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Nouveau Yathrib wrote:

Dang. That must have sucked. How did you like Atlanta, if you where even old enough to remember it?

I don't have a lot of fond memories from Atlanta tbh- I was six when we moved there and we stayed for just under one year. I think we lived in a suburb just outside of this map
Last edited by Nouveau Yathrib on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Nouveau Yathrib wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:You bounced between those 4 cities in three years?

And I thought I had it tough moving between 5 places in 5 years.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Nouveau Yathrib wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Dang. That must have sucked. How did you like Atlanta, if you where even old enough to remember it?

I don't have a lot of fond memories from Atlanta tbh- I was six when we moved there and we stayed for just under one year. I think we lived in a suburb just outside of this map

This map is awesome and I want to know if others exist.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Nouveau Yathrib wrote:

And I thought I had it tough moving between 5 places in 5 years.

I was pretty young at the time though- my family settled down back in the Portland area when I was 9, and some of my aunts and uncles later moved there.

Sovaal wrote:
Nouveau Yathrib wrote:

This map is awesome and I want to know if others exist.

http://judgmentalmaps.com/
Last edited by Nouveau Yathrib on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Edward Everett Hale

Panggaea
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Panggaea » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:27 pm

I was wondering why there's hardly anyone from one of the four Asian regions (where half the world's at!). Then I realised time zones were a thing.

Can't wait for the Asians to wake. Those two Southeast Asians woke up really early!

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Is that an hour including traffic or not?

Not including traffic.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:30 pm

Nouveau Yathrib wrote:
Sovaal wrote:And I thought I had it tough moving between 5 places in 5 years.

I was pretty young at the time though- my family settled down back in the Portland area when I was 9, and some of my aunts and uncles later moved there.

Sovaal wrote:This map is awesome and I want to know if others exist.

http://judgmentalmaps.com/

Well, I know where I'm wasting time today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General