NATION

PASSWORD

Richard Spencer and Modern Nazism: #NotMyAmerica

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Chespril wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Homosexuals are not stoned and everyone has equal rights in Al-Islam. But this is for the Islamic Discussion Thread 3. Like UIC said, stop showing your ignorance.

Now I'd like to talk to you and have a civil discussion about the Native Americans, but this ignorant and rude, condescending post blocks all of that. If you apologize, then I might reconsider.

No, they don't, Homosexuality is a capital crime throughout the Middle East due to Islam.
We don't need Al Taiqiyya here.

You got proof? Because not one word in al-Qur'an al-Kareem tells Muslims to kill homosexuals.
Chespril wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:That's what I thought. Which, again, is not from that period.

But tell me... Why do you actually have to defend the morality of your faith?

http://legacy.quran.com/2/190
http://legacy.quran.com/4/74
Also,
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Chespril wrote:
But tell me... Why do you actually have to defend the morality of your faith?

Because of ignorance from people such as yourself.

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Yeah. I don't know why I responded again. I'm out.

Oh yeah, thx for reminding me to put Chespril on my ignore list.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Actually, I'll keep Chespril off until he/she can show me Qur'anic evidence that Muslims should kill homosexuals.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:00 am

Pilarcraft wrote:
Hirota wrote:Common sense dictates that you'd have to be alive (or at least recently dead) and directly contributing to be one of the larger influences.

For example, sure, you can point to Erazmus Witelo largely copying Book of Optics and the impact Witelo's book had on the enlightenment, but thats two degrees of seperation, and 700 odd years.

the scholars themselves didn't have any influence on the Enlightenment :lol: it was their works that got translated lmao
You are confusing influence of any kind with "largest influence" as suggested by UIC. I don't deny an influence, but I do deny the overstating of that influence.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:09 am

Hirota wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:the scholars themselves didn't have any influence on the Enlightenment :lol: it was their works that got translated lmao
You are confusing influence of any kind with "largest influence" as suggested by UIC. I don't deny an influence, but I do deny the overstating of that influence.

"some of the largest influences" I tend to try to avoid absolutes.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:27 am

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Hirota wrote:You are confusing influence of any kind with "largest influence" as suggested by UIC. I don't deny an influence, but I do deny the overstating of that influence.

"some of the largest influences" I tend to try to avoid absolutes.
You could do with avoiding exaggeration whilst you are at it. ;)
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:29 am

Hirota wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:"some of the largest influences" I tend to try to avoid absolutes.
You could do with avoiding exaggeration whilst you are at it. ;)

It's not an exaggeration when the Hellenics and Muslims were virtually the only influences on them. Not too much influence was drawn from Indian, Sub-Saharan Africa, or Chinese scholars.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Previous

Return to General