NATION

PASSWORD

Richard Spencer and Modern Nazism: #NotMyAmerica

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Trumptonium wrote:
Tahinar Tribes wrote:High school Speech and Debate classes

Source for this?

Hang on - did you just say your high school taught you in debate classes that you have to hold up and read out pages of whatever you are referencing, instead of allowing your audience to note-take and search for it later?

Is this some kind of Democrat-run county?

Actually, yes, one is supposed to use fact-based evidence when stating claims like yours (which don't really need evidence to begin with, we aren't a bunch of hopeless negros waiting to be enslaved). That doesn't necessarily mean "read a 150 pg essay", but at least say "according to >insert source here<..."
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Tahinar Tribes
Secretary

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tahinar Tribes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Trumptonium wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
"I did that. By making it easy to search."

Show where in your post you specifically named this study of yours, thus making it easy to search? Because I can show where you didn't do that.

Let's look, shall we?:

Hmm, I don't see any names put in here for convenient, easy searching. Do you?

Is this your first time on the internet? Because I won't be your guide.

The first result in all 197 countries of copying "A group of 130 black kids" will lead you straight to the study I was referring to.

If I wrote an essay or I was the topic creator or something was impossible to find without a hyperlink, I would have sourced anything I claimed. I did neither of the three. End of story.

Almost detonated there.

It's not the end of the story. The end of the story is when you admit you wrong, and press CTRL-C and then CTRL-V.
EA SPORTS

ITS IN THE GAME

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Alndar wrote:People dying by wildfire's and hurricanes deserve state of emergency status. Not a random shmuck speaking at an event. Huge overreaction, though every safety precaution to prevent violence should be taken.

That's what I said.
Also, Trumptonium, if it's so easy for someone to find proof of your claim, then why don't you do so, since it's so "easy"?
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Tahinar Tribes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tahinar Tribes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Alndar wrote:People dying by wildfire's and hurricanes deserve state of emergency status. Not a random shmuck speaking at an event. Huge overreaction, though every safety precaution to prevent violence should be taken.

That's what I said.
Also, Trumptonium, if it's so easy for someone to find proof of your claim, then why don't you do so, since it's so "easy"?

Because, supposedly, that's not his job.
EA SPORTS

ITS IN THE GAME

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Oh yeah, just so everybody knows, Trumptonium used a study based on IQ tests to say that those 130 black kids - or black kid/people in general - are stupid (?). But the thing is, the inventor of IQ tests himself stated that IQ tests are not accurate enough information to scale someone's inteliigence. And guess what! Imma use a source! https://www.verywell.com/history-of-int ... ng-2795581:

"This first intelligence test, referred to today as the Binet-Simon Scale, became the basis for the intelligence tests still in use today. However, Binet himself did not believe that his psychometric instruments could be used to measure a single, permanent, and inborn level of intelligence.

Binet stressed the limitations of the test, suggesting that intelligence is far too broad a concept to quantify with a single number. Instead, he insisted that intelligence is influenced by a number of factors, changes over time, and can only be compared among children with similar backgrounds."

The sad part about this is that I even had to go through this because some white people wanna say that my race is dumb. Internet people can be so mean.
Last edited by Kubumba Tribe on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Solidarity against fascists.

They divide us by our color; they divide us by our tongue,
They divide us men and women; they divide us old and young,
But they'll tremble at our voices, when they hear these verses sung,
For the Union makes us strong!

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Trumptonium wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
How's about a source for that rotten baloney?

Find it yourself, what am I, your servant?

Usually if you want your argument taken seriously (and it's also just goddam manners) that you post your source when you cite something.
What, did you fail high school English? Or get someone else to write your papers for you?
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Trumptonium
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:57 pm

I've made my case. Feel free to take it or leave it.

Sovaal wrote:
Trumptonium wrote:
Find it yourself, what am I, your servant?

Usually if you want your argument taken seriously (and it's also just goddam manners) that you post your source when you cite something.
What, did you fail high school English? Or get someone else to write your papers for you?

I'm amazed if there's a country somewhere in the world where high school English requires you to cite papers.
Pro: Things and people I like
Anti: Things and people I dislike

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Tekeristan wrote:Solidarity against fascists.

They divide us by our color; they divide us by our tongue,
They divide us men and women; they divide us old and young,
But they'll tremble at our voices, when they hear these verses sung,
For the Union makes us strong!

AAMEEN TO THAT!
http://legacy.quran.com/49/13

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Trumptonium wrote:I've made my case. Feel free to take it or leave it.

Sovaal wrote:Usually if you want your argument taken seriously (and it's also just goddam manners) that you post your source when you cite something.

I'm amazed if there's a country somewhere in the world where high school English requires you to cite papers.

What?
I had to for my composition English classes.

Is it bad to research and have sources or?
Should we be more ashamed that it isn't a standard?

Tahinar Tribes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tahinar Tribes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Sovaal wrote:Usually if you want your argument taken seriously (and it's also just goddam manners) that you post your source when you cite something.

This is just one of many sites that describe citations in university, high school, and even middle school.

Also not to mention the various schools in the U.S and the world, whose sites likely include some mention of citation.
Last edited by Tahinar Tribes on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EA SPORTS

ITS IN THE GAME

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Um....the US? My school requires us to write research papers - I think every grade level - and we need to cite our sources and use complete sentences. It's literally a part of making essays in English, and in Speech in Debate (I took that class in freshman year of high school, hated the views of some people in there), we had to cite our sources.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:02 pm

We have to make that MLA format citation stuff in class (I never learned how to do that lol), and all that good stuff.

Tahinar Tribes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tahinar Tribes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:We have to make that MLA format citation stuff in class (I never learned how to do that lol), and all that good stuff.

Let me tell you
I still don't know how to do proper MLA.
Never got across to me.
EA SPORTS

ITS IN THE GAME

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Well maybe where I went was just over achieving. Still, site your claims if you want people to take them seriously, or at least consider them.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Sovaal wrote:

Well maybe where I went was just over achieving. Still, site your claims if you want people to take them seriously, or at least consider them.

No, your school's normal imo, cuz my school did that too. I'm pretty that's what most schools do in the US.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Tahinar Tribes wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:We have to make that MLA format citation stuff in class (I never learned how to do that lol), and all that good stuff.

Let me tell you
Never got across to me.

Lol yeah, stuff's hard.
You in high school?

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Tahinar Tribes wrote:Let me tell you
Never got across to me.

Lol yeah, stuff's hard.
You in high school?

I knew how to do it while I was in composition class.
That was a little bit ago though. There are things you can use online though to help generate properly formatted citations.
Last edited by Tekeristan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Sovaal wrote:

I'm gonna consider a eugenics experiment saying my race is dumb with a test that its very inventor said was inaccurate.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Tekeristan wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Lol yeah, stuff's hard.
You in high school?

I knew how to do it while I was in composition class.
That was a little bit ago though. There are things you can use online though to help generate properly formatted citations.

True that. But we had to do by keyboard at 1st iirc.

Tahinar Tribes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tahinar Tribes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Tahinar Tribes wrote:Let me tell you
Never got across to me.

Lol yeah, stuff's hard.
You in high school?

Graduated last year. Would go to college if I had the money.
EA SPORTS

ITS IN THE GAME

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Tahinar Tribes wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Lol yeah, stuff's hard.
You in high school?

Graduated last year. Would go to college if I had the money.

Sanders coulda given us free college but nooooooooooooooooooo. lol

Tahinar Tribes
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tahinar Tribes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
Tahinar Tribes wrote:Graduated last year. Would go to college if I had the money.

Sanders coulda given us free college but nooooooooooooooooooo. lol

That would've been awesome, but I can't help but feel that quality of education would be lowered if the schools couldn't get money that way.
EA SPORTS

ITS IN THE GAME

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:26 pm

Tahinar Tribes wrote:
Kubumba Tribe wrote:Sanders coulda given us free college but nooooooooooooooooooo. lol

That would've been awesome, but I can't help but feel that quality of education would be lowered if the schools couldn't get money that way.

Local schools are given money based off of property taxes.
It's a strong inequality of our society.

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:48 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso ... tion_Study

Hey guys, I did Trumptonium's homework for him.
Power, power, the law of the land
Those living for death
Will die by their own hand

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General