NATION

PASSWORD

What's your favorite US State?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:
Lived in Arizona City, I know it was really nice, but it did turn into hell. Monsoon season where it was forever humid, rained all the time, thunderstorms for days, and temperatures that are pretty high up there. But it wasn't all bad, going to the ostrich farm made up for it. Edit: as well as the dry heat, was really nice even when past the 90s

I've been there once or twice - usually on my way to Tucson to tell you the truth. Monsoon season is always a blessing at first cause you're like "fuck yeah some rain."

Then it stays 105-115F and humid and you want to strangle yourself.

Ahh the memories, it always got so bad, but it was cool with the haboobs and dust devils. But yeah fuck monsoon season, oh and the snowbirds annoying bastards were always on the roads.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:You may as well read the rest.

http://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.ph ... _Need.html

I will once I get home from school, sadly it blocks it as being "mature"

Seriously? That's weird. Just don't drink anything wile you're reading it.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm

TEXAS

Because we are the best of the best and your argument against that is invalid. Idc that's an ignorant statement to make XD
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

I will once I get home from school, sadly it blocks it as being "mature"

Seriously? That's weird. Just don't drink anything wile you're reading it.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't laughed so hard milk went through my nose and I rather not find out any time soon.

RPs I'm currently in:

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
I've been there once or twice - usually on my way to Tucson to tell you the truth. Monsoon season is always a blessing at first cause you're like "fuck yeah some rain."

Then it stays 105-115F and humid and you want to strangle yourself.

Ahh the memories, it always got so bad, but it was cool with the haboobs and dust devils. But yeah fuck monsoon season, oh and the snowbirds annoying bastards were always on the roads.

I've been in three fender benders, each time was because of a snowbird not knowing how parking lots work.

Thank god I'm in Flagstaff now.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Wurttem wrote:Muh Best Carolina
Muh Cheerwine
Muh vinegar based BBQ
M U H KRISPY KREME

AMERICA RUNS ON DUNKIN YA FOOl

Dunkin is shit. Tim Hortons is leagues better, I'm not even saying this cause I'm canadian its just true.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Dunkin is shit. Tim Hortons is leagues better, I'm not even saying this cause I'm canadian its just true.

Ok, yeah, Tim Hortons is bomb. But it isn't really a thing West of the Mississippi.

best canadian chain tho is that one lebanese chain in Quebec. I don't remember the name even but I ate it like every day for a few weeks. So good.
Last edited by Major-Tom on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

I've been in three fender benders, each time was because of a snowbird not knowing how parking lots work.

Thank god I'm in Flagstaff now.

I live in New York after moving from Green Bay, before Green Bay was Arizona. So basically now on the other side and now one with the snowbirds. But it was still fucking annoying, having to deal with them back then.

RPs I'm currently in:

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 pm

The state of the Union. :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading One Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson

Agrination
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Agrination » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Iowa. Because I live here. We also produce food the whole US & world, & without us, food prices would certainly go up.
We also have the USDA vet labs so we lead in animal medicine. Winters are great, small towns are great. & by small town >2000 people.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:Dunkin is shit. Tim Hortons is leagues better, I'm not even saying this cause I'm canadian its just true.

Ok, yeah, Tim Hortons is bomb. But it isn't really a thing West of the Mississippi.

Oh. Unlucky.

best canadian chain tho is that one lebanese chain in Quebec. I don't remember the name even but I ate it like every day for a few weeks. So good.

Basha, my dude

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Wurttem wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

That's just what Big Doughnut pays you to say, I SEE THROUGH YOUR LIES.

Implying Krispy Kreme isn't "Big Doughnut"... :roll:
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:11 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:

Oh. Unlucky.

Basha, my dude

Yes! That's it! Fucking love that place!

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Agrination wrote:Iowa. Because I live here. We also produce food the whole US & world, & without us, food prices would certainly go up.
We also have the USDA vet labs so we lead in animal medicine. Winters are great, small towns are great. & by small town >2000 people.

Too boring for me, tbh.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Wurttem wrote:That's just what Big Doughnut pays you to say, I SEE THROUGH YOUR LIES.

Implying Krispy Kreme isn't "Big Doughnut"... :roll:

big doughnuts ;P

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Castille de Italia wrote:
Militant Costco wrote:Washington:

Beautiful landscape, diverse climate, intelligent people (for U.S standards), powerful economy and irrelevant enough not to be targeted by North Korea or China.

Washington is a prime target. You have Joint Base Lewis-McChord, where the Army has several Stryker battalions for light armor, a Ranger battalion, special forces, and the Air Force has the Mobility Airlift Command and the Western Air Defense Command headquartered there. Furthermore you have at least two carriers claiming the Bremerton portion of Naval Base Kitsap-Bangor as their home port, and half of America's nuclear submarine force at the Bangor portion as well as a ton of Trident missile facilities. This is only augmented by Naval Air Station Whidbey Island and Naval Air Station Everett, as well as a massive aeronautical industry.

Washington is a HUGE target.

It's also on the side of the country that is closest to North Korea. If they're having issues with the range of their missiles, Washington is more reachable than, say, Georgia.

I don't think China has that issue with the range of their missiles, but that doesn't matter because they are MUCH less likely to attack us in the first place. China isn't anywhere near the same level of unhinged that NK is.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Eisen Wolf Reich
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen Wolf Reich » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:Washington is a prime target. You have Joint Base Lewis-McChord, where the Army has several Stryker battalions for light armor, a Ranger battalion, special forces, and the Air Force has the Mobility Airlift Command and the Western Air Defense Command headquartered there. Furthermore you have at least two carriers claiming the Bremerton portion of Naval Base Kitsap-Bangor as their home port, and half of America's nuclear submarine force at the Bangor portion as well as a ton of Trident missile facilities. This is only augmented by Naval Air Station Whidbey Island and Naval Air Station Everett, as well as a massive aeronautical industry.

Washington is a HUGE target.

It's also on the side of the country that is closest to North Korea. If they're having issues with the range of their missiles, Washington is more reachable than, say, Georgia.

IF the going gets tuff, you can just go an rejoin your crab friends at the bottom of the ocean.
Last edited by Eisen Wolf Reich on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 pm

As much as I love South Carolina and living there, I'd have to say Ohio, partially due to the fact that my dad's side of the family is from there. Sorta. You could make a case for them being from West Virginia, and my dad identifies more with Kentucky (where he also spent part of his childhood) than Ohio.
1 John 1:9

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Ive not been to any yet so i cannot say, i will hopefully be visiting Indiana next year for gen con, so that will be my first experience of a US state.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Kennlind
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Mississippi, since they're the most anti gay "marriage", and Oklahoma, since they're the most anti-baby killing.
don't use anymore // Eglaecia

Eisen Wolf Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen Wolf Reich » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Ive not been to any yet so i cannot say, i will hopefully be visiting Indiana next year for gen con, so that will be my first experience of a US state.

Take a day to go visit a city in Ohio, and you'll plainly see that Ohio is better

Eisen Wolf Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen Wolf Reich » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Kennlind wrote:Mississippi, since they're the most anti gay "marriage", and Oklahoma, since they're the most anti-baby killing.

Mississippi is my current living place, it sucks here. Too hot, too humid, no real winter, idiot people, Bible Belt god obsessed idiots, everyone is poor. Now, Oklahoma, thems good people.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Eisen Wolf Reich wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Ive not been to any yet so i cannot say, i will hopefully be visiting Indiana next year for gen con, so that will be my first experience of a US state.

Take a day to go visit a city in Ohio, and you'll plainly see that Ohio is better

Probably just going to be in the city of Indianapolis exclusively so cant hop over to Ohio. Though i will have to stop in Chicago on my way there due to the flights, i probably wont leave the airport in that time but technically ill have seen part of Illinois as well.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Eisen Wolf Reich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisen Wolf Reich » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Eisen Wolf Reich wrote:

Probably just going to be in the city of Indianapolis exclusively so cant hop over to Ohio. Though i will have to stop in Chicago on my way there due to the flights, i probably wont leave the airport in that time but technically ill have seen part of Illinois as well.

Your five second Chicago tour guide: "IF you look out the window to the left, you can see two homeless people fighting over a turkey sandwich, on the right you can see a guy getting shot for going down the wrong street. And that concludes your tour, IMA NEED YO WALLET MO FUCKA!"

Thats basically Chicago in a nutshell. Atleast all but the touristy rich parts.

Republic of La Boca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Republic of La Boca » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

California: because of Hollywood
Arizona: because of hot weather
New York: because of my ancestors lived there
Illinois: because of Springfield ("The simpsons")
Massachussets: because of Boston, my favourite city in the USA.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General