NATION

PASSWORD

CNN publishes race baiting, fake news disparaging whites.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

CNN publishes race baiting, fake news disparaging whites.

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:39 pm

http://web.archive.org/web/201710040147 ... index.html

Archive link.

CNN cites mother jones' article to come up with the following figures:
77% of mass shooting commited by white males.
(Note that mass shootings are usually done by men regardless of race, and whites make up 73% of the population. This fact is not mentioned.)
By itself this would already be noteworthy as derogatory and inflammatory considering that it's broadly aligned with the population, however, the figures are also highly misleading.

To arrive at the 73% figure, global warming denial selectivity is used, with a specific time frame analyzed. Widening the time frame slightly either side shows different figures. The figures are from 1982 to 2012. If the dates are expanded to 2017 (and thus, made actually relevant to the present day), they tell a different story.)

The author of the mother jones article (Which has been updated regularly, and is not from 2012.), and CNN by publishing it as a source, have deliberately ignored the last 5 years of data. My guess as to why would be that this would bring the figure to 59% of mass shootings commited by whites, showing they are actually underrepresented in mass shootings.

That this kind of article is published should tell you something about the current acceptability of racism towards whites in the west, and the ultimately spurious grounding for defending that racism as merely criticism of white supremacy. (If it were that, it wouldn't so frequently be misleading lies clearly designed to disparage a racial group.)

Naaz Modan is a content editor for Muslim Girl, a publication focused on Muslim women's issues and empowerment. The views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

Considering that CNN has frequently backed progressivism and no-platforming shenanigans, I don't think a defence of it being an opinion piece applies, unless a concession that they are ultimately duplicitous and hypocritical is given. By their own standards, this would make CNN a racist news site for hosting the article.

What does it say about the current state of the west where this article and others like it can trump up slander against white people, but correctly noting actual statistics about the disproportionate level of muslim perpetrated violence, actually backed by statistics, would be regarded as racist?

In my opinion It says that our institutions have been overrun with Xenoconservatives under the delusion they are left wing, arguing for racism of a different color, traditionalism of a different continent, etc.

(A second example, a second instance of data fudging to slander.)
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/2/163 ... rism-islam

This narrative is being pushed in the wake of the recent shooting, with no care for accuracy, by left wing news sites and blogs, and on television.

Consider the article that claimed "you're more likely to be killed by a republican than a muslim", while:
ignoring 9/11 and the Orlando shooting, counting every attack by a white male as a republican, even when they explicitly weren't (Which adds a second layer of fuckery to this), not actually counting deaths, but the number of attacks (so 9/11 would only have added 1 to their figures, not the 3000+ who died), and ignoring how there is a lot less muslims in the USA than republicans/whites in order to present this as a "cultural" problem with the group.

The actual stats when all these deliberate fuckups are corrected for, put you at a 1,202.4 times more likely to die from a muslim than a republican in the USA, and 42,678.3 times more likely to be killed by a muslim than a white person, assuming one of each was in front of you, and they were representative samples of their group. (Not withstanding that this is "Killed in a mass-attack" rather than "Killed." for which the stats would be different again, but the article made this mistake also.)

And yet, the progressive narrative continues, in spite of facts, in spite of the clear hypocrisy, and in spite of the interests of the public, both to avoid untrue and inflammatory defamation of racial groups, AND to actually focus on cultural improvements where they are needed, instead of where problems are invented to justify racist caricatures. The urge these people have to defame white people, western culture, and western institutions is not based in any legitimate concerns about public welfare, it seems to be born purely out of hatred for whites. This is the only explanation that can account for all the duplicity, frequent slip ups, and the inconsistency of standards. (This analysis performed on muslims would never be done and accepted, as an example.)
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

MaxYW
Attaché

Founded: Oct 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby MaxYW » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Whites make up 63% of the population, in the USA.
Last edited by MaxYW on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Fake news are sites like the onion who is supposed to be satire.

Can we drop this Trump inspired bullshit of "fake news?"

It's just a nebulous term town out in the hope of discrediting stories they don't like.

If its a lie, call it one. It's it's wrong, call it that.

Now if you have proof cnn refused to acknowledge stories proven false, then you have an argument.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:49 pm

MaxYW wrote:Whites make up 63% of the population, in the USA.

The analysis includes Hispanics as white, so I did the same. I've never understood why they aren't in any case, but i'm european, so...
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:51 pm

And?.....caucasians are in decline. It is estimated they will fall below 50% but 2040-2050.....
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Founded: Jul 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:51 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Fake news are sites like the onion who is supposed to be satire.

It's just a nebulous term town out in the hope of discrediting stories they don't like.

Now if you have proof cnn refused to acknowledge stories proven false, then you have an argument.....

The Onion isn't fake news. The Onion is satire. Fake news is bullshit masquerading as news, where the intent is to deceive and misinform. The Onion is supposed to be understood as satire and doesn't make any pretenses
Power, power, the law of the land
Those living for death
Will die by their own hand

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:52 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

And?.....caucasians are in decline. It is estimated they will fall below 50% but 2040-2050.....

What does that have to do with anything here, and why do I get the impression you're happy about that fact?
Ostro.MOV

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm

36 Camera Perspective wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Fake news are sites like the onion who is supposed to be satire.

The Onion isn't fake news. The Onion is satire. Fake news is bullshit masquerading as news, where the intent is to deceive and misinform. The Onion is supposed to be understood as satire and doesn't make any pretenses

In the matter of "news" it is fake. The fact they write it well by the fact there are many people who take their articles as fact and often proof of the liberal conspiracy of the media.....

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm

...Wow that's a clickbaity title.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/20171004014702/http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/opinions/mass-shootings-white-male-rage-modan-opinion/index.html

Archive link.

(Note that mass shootings are usually done by men regardless of race, and whites make up 73% of the population. This fact is not mentioned.)
By itself this would already be noteworthy as derogatory and inflammatory considering that it's broadly aligned with the population, however, the figures are also highly misleading.

To arrive at the 73% figure, global warming denial selectivity is used, with a specific time frame analyzed. Widening the time frame slightly either side shows different figures. The figures are from 1982 to 2012. If the dates are expanded to 2017 (and thus, made actually relevant to the present day), they tell a different story.)

The author of the mother jones article (Which has been updated regularly, and is not from 2012.), and CNN by publishing it as a source, have deliberately ignored the last 5 years of data. My guess as to why would be that this would bring the figure to 59% of mass shootings commited by whites, showing they are actually underrepresented in mass shootings.

That this kind of article is published should tell you something about the current acceptability of racism towards whites in the west, and the ultimately spurious grounding for defending that racism as merely criticism of white supremacy. (If it were that, it wouldn't so frequently be misleading lies clearly designed to disparage a racial group.)

Naaz Modan is a content editor for Muslim Girl, a publication focused on Muslim women's issues and empowerment. The views expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

Considering that CNN has frequently backed progressivism and no-platforming shenanigans, I don't think a defence of it being an opinion piece applies, unless a concession that they are ultimately duplicitous and hypocritical is given. By their own standards, this would make CNN a racist news site for hosting the article.

What does it say about the current state of the west where this article and others like it can trump up slander against white people, but correctly noting actual statistics about the disproportionate level of muslim perpetrated violence, actually backed by statistics, would be regarded as racist?

In my opinion It says that our institutions have been overrun with Xenoconservatives under the delusion they are left wing, arguing for racism of a different color, traditionalism of a different continent, etc.

This narrative is being pushed in the wake of the recent shooting, with no care for accuracy, by left wing news sites and blogs, and on television.

Consider the article that claimed "you're more likely to be killed by a republican than a muslim", while:
ignoring 9/11 and the Orlando shooting, counting every attack by a white male as a republican, even when they explicitly weren't (Which adds a second layer of fuckery to this), not actually counting deaths, but the number of attacks (so 9/11 would only have added 1 to their figures, not the 3000+ who died), and ignoring how there is a lot less muslims in the USA than republicans/whites in order to present this as a "cultural" problem with the group.

Their stats when corrected for all these deliberate fuckups put you at a 1,202.4 times more likely to die from a muslim than a republican in the USA, and 42,678.3 times more likely to be killed by a muslim than a white person, assuming one of each was in front of you, and they were representative samples of their group.

And yet, the progressive narrative continues, in spite of facts, in spite of the clear hypocrisy, and in spite of the interests of the public, both to avoid untrue and inflammatory defamation of racial groups, AND to actually focus on cultural improvements where they are needed, instead of where problems are invented to justify racist caricatures. The urge these people have to defame white people, western culture, and western institutions is not based in any legitimate concerns about public welfare, it seems to be born purely out of hatred for whites. This is the only explanation that can account for all the duplicity, frequent slip ups, and the inconsistency of standards. (This analysis performed on muslims would never be done and accepted, as an example.)

Honestly people on both sides care too much about race, the left while trying not be be racist is being pretty damned racist, and at least with the racists in the right they are open about it. So both sides need to chill, and CNN is in my opinion more of a political tabloid, as with the Washington post. The Atlantic and Defense One are good sources along with NPR for politics

also for those who care here is the CNN link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/opinions/ ... index.html
Last edited by The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=422664

Been on NS since 2014
Right Leaning Centrist Kinda Libertarian Kinda Republican Take Your Pick

Torrentio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrentio » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:

The analysis includes Hispanics as white, so I did the same. I've never understood why they aren't in any case, but i'm european, so...

Speaking entirely scientifically here, but I think Hispanics are pretty much European, or at least a sub-group. At most, they're a hybrid of Iberian-American (because Latin would imply roman, or at least Italian) natives and Spaniards/Portuguese.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=425186
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Q&A
Heavy Drone Strike against Dansk-Norsk military base///Government Reformations abolish the election, instate the current President as King

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:55 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

In the matter of "news" it is fake. The fact they write it well by the fact there are many people who take their articles as fact and often proof of the liberal conspiracy of the media.....

It's fake, but not "fake news" fake.
Those living for death

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Torrentio wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Speaking entirely scientifically here, but I think Hispanics are pretty much European, or at least a sub-group. At most, they're a hybrid of Iberian-American (because Latin would imply roman, or at least Italian) natives and Spaniards/Portuguese.

Right.
Which is why I don't get why they aren't counted as White. Is this like the Irish?
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Fake news is a bullshit term that needs to end. People should "fake news" like they would shout "liberal bias!" and yet offer little or no reasons why stories were wrong.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:58 pm

I wonder if they'd be this angry if it was an article which was fudging numbers to make anyone but whites look bad.

I'm a white male myself and I couldn't give a flying frog about this. Some people are racist against white people. Fuck those people. Just like all the other racists out there.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:58 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Fake news is a bullshit term that needs to end. People should "fake news" like they would shout "liberal bias!" and yet offer little or no reasons why stories were wrong.

I've provided my reasoning.
Ostro.MOV

36 Camera Perspective
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby 36 Camera Perspective » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

It's not bullshit. It was real, especially when foreign agents were posting endless fake news on social media to sway public opinion against Hillary Clinton. It's just that Donald Trump, master of manipulation that he is, decided to use the notion of fake news against liberals themselves, and that's how we got where we are today.
Those living for death

MaxYW
Attaché

Founded: Oct 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby MaxYW » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:59 pm

A study carried out by the University of North Carolina showed that less than 0.0002% of Americans killed since 9/11 were killed by Muslims

Does this figure help you? Or change anything? In fact, in 2013, you were more likely to be killed by a toddler in the US, than a muslim.
Last edited by MaxYW on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Albrenia wrote:I wonder if they'd be this angry if it was an article which was fudging numbers to make anyone but whites look bad.

I'm a white male myself and I couldn't give a flying frog about this. Some people are racist against white people. Fuck those people. Just like all the other racists out there.

They'd probably be super pissed if someone fudge the data to make non-white people bad
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Albrenia wrote:I wonder if they'd be this angry if it was an article which was fudging numbers to make anyone but whites look bad.

I care about facts and accuracy in stuff like this. I'd care if some other group were likewise slandered because it would put us in danger of misusing resources to combat imaginary problems.

Moreover, the anti-white racism that many progressives are these days peddling has an de jure acceptance in institutions of power, and in the media, that other types of racism no longer quite manage.

Thermodolia wrote:

They'd probably be super pissed if someone fudge the data to make non-white people bad

Pretty much.
It's not even about the race for the most part. You're hurting data, stop hurting data.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

New Decandsor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 16, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Decandsor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/20171004014702/http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/opinions/mass-shootings-white-male-rage-modan-opinion/index.html

Archive link.

The actual stats when all these deliberate fuckups are corrected for, put you at a 1,202.4 times more likely to die from a muslim than a republican in the USA, and 42,678.3 times more likely to be killed by a muslim than a white person, assuming one of each was in front of you, and they were representative samples of their group. (Not withstanding that this is "Killed in a mass-attack" rather than "Killed." for which the stats would be different again, but the article made this mistake also.)

It's easier just to avoid major media outlets these days, they're all extremely bias. Local news does enough for me.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:

I care about facts and accuracy in stuff like this. I'd care if some other group were likewise slandered because it would put us in danger of misusing resources to combat imaginary problems.

Moreover, the anti-white racism that many progressives are these days peddling has an de jure acceptance in institutions of power, and in the media, that other types of racism no longer quite manage.

Again. Fuck those people.

They're kind of suffering the penalty for their own sins in the backlash of situations like Trump though.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

They're kind of suffering the penalty for their own sins in the backlash of situations like Trump though.

Not really, these people tend to be middle class persons, entertainers, and media personalities. Or college students.
No consequences have befallen them as a result of Trumps election save their hurt egos. Instead, the poor, including minorities, will suffer the consequences of their behavior.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Not really, these people tend to be middle class hipsters, entertainers, and media personalities.
No consequences have befallen them as a result of Trumps election save their hurt egos. Instead, the poor, including minorities, will suffer the consequences of their behavior.

I guess that's true. These people have pretty big egos though, and when they get hurt, they sure do like to bitch about it.
The innocent caught in the crossfire is undeniably true though, which makes it all worse.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm

"CNN publishes race baiting, fake news disparaging whites."
In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot.
Ostroeuropa wrote:

Because "Hispanics" is a diverse non-racial group that includes whites, mestizos, mulattos, amerindians, and even moors.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General