NATION

PASSWORD

Morgan Freeman: “Join the Good Fight”

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Sharania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Morgan Freeman: “Join the Good Fight”

Postby Sharania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Morgan Freeman says: "Join the fight against Russia."

"For 241 years, our democracy has been a shining example to the world of what we can all aspire to. And we owe to the brave people who have fought and died this great nation and save democracy. And we owe it to our future generations to continue the fight."

Found it via the Commitee to Investigate Russia.

I've always thought that Morgan Freeman was a great actor. That he had integrity. He IS a great man as well and it shows.

This is not movie script. This is a reality we live in now. Morgan Freeman is not acting. He is talking to us. He tells the truth.

I agree completely. Why should we try to be diplomatic with the nation that just attacked us? So we're supposed to just let them keep putting puppets in charge over here? This was not some isolated incident, these attacks will only escalate from here. So we have to retaliate. We either fight back or accept being a Russian client state. Join a Good Fight.

But sharing awareness about what really happened last year and demanding justice is only one aspect of the Good Fight. So I ask fellow NS members – what can we do besides it? How else can we, the people, retaliate?
Last edited by Sharania on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time for justice.
Veteran of the Resistance.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

The of Japan
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Sharania wrote:Morgan Freeman says: "Join the fight."

"For 241 years, our democracy has been a shining example to the world of what we can all aspire to. And we owe to the brave people who have fought and died this great nation and save democracy. And we owe it to our future generations to continue the fight."

Found it via the Commitee to Investigate Russia.

I've always thought that Morgan Freeman was a great actor. That he had integrity. He IS a great man as well and it shows.

This is not movie script. This is a reality we live in now. Morgan Freeman is not acting. He is talking to us. He tells the truth.

I agree completely. Why should we try to be diplomatic with the nation that just attacked us? So we're supposed to just let them keep putting puppets in charge over here? This was not some isolated incident, these attacks will only escalate from here. So we have to retaliate. We either fight back or accept being a Russian client state. Join a Good Fight.

But sharing awareness about what really happened last year and demanding justice is only one aspect of the Good Fight. So I ask fellow NS members – what can we do besides it? How else can we, the people, retaliate?

we should stop pretending Russia is our friend, they are on a quest to restore Russia's preeminence over eastern Europe and much of the world, and to restore their superpower status. we should help countries like Ukraine and Georgia that Russia has/are invading, and to stop and then roll back their expansionism.
Texan Communist and Internationalist

Sharania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm

The of Japan wrote:we should stop pretending Russia is our friend

Thankfully, no sane person (that I know) think like that. Do you have any "Russland-Verstehers" close by? Do they say it out loud? It's a given, that they voted Trump.

The of Japan wrote:...we should help countries like Ukraine and Georgia that Russia has/are invading, and to stop and then roll back their expansionism.

Yes, but I'm asking about ordinary people. What can WE do?
Time for justice.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Sharania wrote:
The of Japan wrote:we should stop pretending Russia is our friend

Thankfully, no sane person (that I know) think like that. Do you have any "Russland-Verstehers" close by? Do they say it out loud? It's a given, that they voted Trump.

The of Japan wrote:...we should help countries like Ukraine and Georgia that Russia has/are invading, and to stop and then roll back their expansionism.

Yes, but I'm asking about ordinary people. What can WE do?

boycott Russian goods?

Sharania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:32 pm

The of Japan wrote:boycott Russian goods?

I'm serious here.

P.S. OTOH - can someone explain to me why we still buy spaceship drives from Russia?
Time for justice.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:35 pm

Sharania wrote:
The of Japan wrote:boycott Russian goods?

I'm serious here.

P.S. OTOH - can someone explain to me why we still buy spaceship drives from Russia?

because we first cancelled Saturn project for expensive and inneficient shuttle program, then scrapped shuttle program with nothing to replace it in 2008.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Absolutely insane

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Russia might have influenced the election, but if they did so it was by presenting information to voters, who were not compelled to vote the way they did, but did so knowing the source of the information.

This is not a defense of Trump or Russia, but really, if democracy was compromised it was because of the electoral system, not hacking.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Iridencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Iridencia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm

I don't know man, calls to war from God don't tend to end well.

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm

MERIZoC wrote:Absolutely insane

what, because you are as biased if not more than RT?

Sharania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 pm

The of Japan wrote:because we first cancelled Saturn project for expensive and inneficient shuttle program, then scrapped shuttle program with nothing to replace it in 2008.

That's not an answer. How can we buy from the enemy?
Time for justice.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Sharania wrote:
The of Japan wrote:because we first cancelled Saturn project for expensive and inneficient shuttle program, then scrapped shuttle program with nothing to replace it in 2008.

because most view it as not the enemy, aka Obama saying "the 80s want their foreign policy back" (or something like that) when mitt Romney said Russia, not terrorism, was main threat to US.

Sharania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 pm

The of Japan wrote:because most view it as not the enemy

Who are these "most"? I don't see any. Did you watch the video?

The of Japan wrote: aka Obama saying "the 80s want their foreign policy back" (or something like that) when mitt Romney said Russia, not terrorism, was main threat to US.

Surely after 2014 he changed his opinion. Everyone did.

So I ask again - why?
Time for justice.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Sharania wrote:
The of Japan wrote:because most view it as not the enemy

Who are these "most"? I don't see any. Did you watch the video?

The of Japan wrote: aka Obama saying "the 80s want their foreign policy back" (or something like that) when mitt Romney said Russia, not terrorism, was main threat to US.

Surely after 2014 he changed his opinion. Everyone did.

So I ask again - why?

everyone? many in US are okay with neutral relations with Russia.

Sharania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:45 pm

What exactly? That we still tolerate the treachery?
Time for justice.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

Bering
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bering » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm

The of Japan wrote:
Sharania wrote:

because most view it as not the enemy, aka Obama saying "the 80s want their foreign policy back" (or something like that) when mitt Romney said Russia, not terrorism, was main threat to US.

To be fair to Bush, Obama and a lot of others, Putin was really good at the PR game and of playing it safe when he had something to gain from it (economic deals with the West). Now he believes he knows the system and how to exploit it, so he doesn't feel the need to look nice to the West.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Since when were we fighting Russia? Yeah, Russia sucks more dick than a curious teenager sometimes, but I don't recall there ever being a "good fight" since at least the Cold War.

Sharania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Iridencia wrote:I don't know man, calls to war from God don't tend to end well.

Ha. HA.

I did not said "war". Neither did Mr. Freeman. What about "fight"? What about retaliation?

The Parkus Empire wrote:Russia might have influenced the election, but if they did so it was by presenting information to voters, who were not compelled to vote the way they did, but did so knowing the source of the information.

This is not a defense of Trump or Russia, but really, if democracy was compromised it was because of the electoral system, not hacking.

Not "might have". They "influenced". And they did much, much more than that.

Why would we do nothing and appease the nation that just attacked us? Are you seriously suggesting that we just let the Russians quietly run the government?
Time for justice.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

Iridencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Iridencia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Sharania wrote:

Honestly, looking at what is best for the species as a whole, getting into space is a far more worthwhile goal than continuing this 50+ year pissing contest with the bear.

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Iridencia wrote:
Sharania wrote:

Honestly, looking at what is best for the species as a whole, getting into space is a far more worthwhile goal than continuing this 50+ year pissing contest with the bear.

so they didn't invade Ukraine or Georgia I guess then.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 pm

The of Japan wrote:

what, because you are as biased if not more than RT?

Apparently thinking "we are at war" is shitty and dumb is biased now.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Sharania wrote:

What exactly? That we still tolerate the treachery?

Morgan Freeman

Dooom35796821595
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dooom35796821595 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:51 pm

The of Japan wrote:
Iridencia wrote:

so they didn't invade Ukraine or Georgia I guess then.

And America have invaded more countries then they haven't.
When life gives you lemons, you BURN THEIR HOUSE DOWN!
Anything can be justified if it is cool. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all in your way.
"Your methods are stupid! Your progress has been stupid! Your intelligence is stupid! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!”

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Sharania wrote:
Iridencia wrote:I don't know man, calls to war from God don't tend to end well.

Ha. HA.

I did not said "war". Neither did Mr. Freeman. What about "fight"? What about retaliation?

It's the second fucking thing he says. You didn't even watch the video. What a joke

The of Japan
Minister

Postby The of Japan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Dooom35796821595 wrote:
The of Japan wrote:so they didn't invade Ukraine or Georgia I guess then.

And America have invaded more countries then they haven't.

recently? like last 10 years? you could MAYBE list Libya if you think that was enough, and in that time Russia annexed crimea, and militarily intervened in a domestic war in Georgia.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General