NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Am I right?

Yeah, mostly, seems agreeable.
22%
Dunno/Not sure/Not American and I think that matters
7%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be more restricted.
20%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be less restricted.
44%
JC Christ CM come back when the meds wear off
7%

Total votes : 1002

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Republic of Keshiland wrote:
Albrenia wrote:Uhm... the whole slave patrol thing's a bit of a stretch.

I can only speak for Australia, but over here we don't have nearly as many unarmed people being shot by police - but it is still higher than 0.

Oh I guess I just didn't see the news still American style policing is not normal

What is "normal", Keshiland? What is "normal"? Every police force around the world does things differently in their own respective nation. If you are looking for some kind of "universal world police standard" to compare the United States police to, then I will save you some time: it doesn't exist.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Republic of Keshiland wrote:Finally back in Canada. Anyway enjoy the Carnage you refuse to stop.

Hey, did you know that the Type 97 Chinese bullpup assault rifle's variant the EMEI T97NSR is classified as a non-restricted firearm by the Mounties in Canada? You can get it at a retail store for $1,000 CAD ($781.10 USD). I've always wanted one. Might move to Canada.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:34 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Republic of Keshiland wrote:Finally back in Canada. Anyway enjoy the Carnage you refuse to stop.

Hey, did you know that the Type 97 Chinese bullpup assault rifle's variant the EMEI T97NSR is classified as a non-restricted firearm by the Mounties in Canada? You can get it at a retail store for $1,000 CAD ($781.10 USD). I've always wanted one. Might move to Canada.

But then you'll be stuck with five rounders for it. Ten if they're pistol mags.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 pm

I'd like to visit Canada one day to be honest. Nothing to do with buying a gun, it just sounds like a nice place.

On the topic of gun control, moving to a place that shares similar views as yourself does seem one solution to the problem.

Republic of Keshiland
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Keshiland » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Oh I guess I just didn't see the news still American style policing is not normal

What is "normal", Keshiland? What is "normal"? Every police force around the world does things differently in their own respective nation. If you are looking for some kind of "universal world police standard" to compare the United States police to, then I will save you some time: it doesn't exist.

Normal is being polite, de-escalation, and non lethal takedown. Police around the world in the democracies actually value the citizens lives over there own and will not shoot instantly if they do note have a gun
I am pro-life, anti-gun, pro-immigration, pro UHC, pro-free college, pro universal income, anti-war, anti-death penalty, pro-financial ade, pro anything that makes children's lives better.

I finally realised how messed up English was when I read a sign in French and could comprehend half of it despite never learning any French

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 pm

If you refuse to come back, then I'm sure I'll enjoy life here even more. BRB, I gotta go buy myself a new handgun.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:39 pm

The New California Republic wrote:What is "normal", Keshiland? What is "normal"? Every police force around the world does things differently in their own respective nation. If you are looking for some kind of "universal world police standard" to compare the United States police to, then I will save you some time: it doesn't exist.

Normal is being polite, de-escalation, and non lethal takedown.

Like in Spain, yes?
Police around the world in the democracies actually value the citizens lives over there own

That's a an awfully big claim for an awfully large group of people. If it was a racial group instead of a career field it would be racist.
and will not shoot instantly if they do note have a gun

And if they did they would shot instantly?

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 pm

The New California Republic wrote:What is "normal", Keshiland? What is "normal"? Every police force around the world does things differently in their own respective nation. If you are looking for some kind of "universal world police standard" to compare the United States police to, then I will save you some time: it doesn't exist.

Normal is being polite, de-escalation, and non lethal takedown. Police around the world in the democracies actually value the citizens lives over there own and will not shoot instantly if they do note have a gun

Nope, "normal" is not determined by what you personally think that the police should aspire to. Those "normal" values are not actually normal at all, as they are not seen universally in police forces in all countries. They are not even seen universally in all democracies for that matter. Try again Keshiland.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Kernen wrote:

If you refuse to come back, then I'm sure I'll enjoy life here even more. BRB, I gotta go buy myself a new handgun.

I bought a 1000rds of 5.56 after work today, on seeing the news of manson's death, seemed like a good enough reason to buy some.

Republic of Keshiland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Keshiland » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

The New California Republic wrote:

Nope, "normal" is not determined by what you personally think that the police should aspire to. Those "normal" values are not actually normal at all, as they are not seen universally in police forces in all countries. They are not even seen universally in all democracies for that matter. Try again Keshiland.

Has a police officer in the UK ever yelled in your face or threatened to shoot you or anyone you know? (For non arrest stop)
I am pro-life, anti-gun, pro-immigration, pro UHC, pro-free college, pro universal income, anti-war, anti-death penalty, pro-financial ade, pro anything that makes children's lives better.

I finally realised how messed up English was when I read a sign in French and could comprehend half of it despite never learning any French

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:
Kernen wrote:If you refuse to come back, then I'm sure I'll enjoy life here even more. BRB, I gotta go buy myself a new handgun.

I bought a 1000rds of 5.56 after work today, on seeing the news of manson's death, seemed like a good enough reason to buy some.

That's a lot of rounds. I'm not very knowledgeable about bullets, but aren't those the sort that an AK 47 fires?

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Nope, "normal" is not determined by what you personally think that the police should aspire to. Those "normal" values are not actually normal at all, as they are not seen universally in police forces in all countries. They are not even seen universally in all democracies for that matter. Try again Keshiland.

Has a police officer in the UK ever yelled in your face or threatened to shoot you or anyone you know? (For non arrest stop)

Yes.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Nope, "normal" is not determined by what you personally think that the police should aspire to. Those "normal" values are not actually normal at all, as they are not seen universally in police forces in all countries. They are not even seen universally in all democracies for that matter. Try again Keshiland.

I've never had that happen to me by an American cop...

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:

That's a lot of rounds. I'm not very knowledgeable about bullets, but aren't those the sort that an AK 47 fires?

No, not generally. And it isn't that many rounds unfortunately.
Last edited by Kernen on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawful Evil

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:

No. They're NATO (mostly). Russians use the 7.62.
Last edited by United Islamic Commonwealth on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Yes, they have actually. Your attempt at a countermeasure to what I said has failed miserably, Keshiland.

Wave on, wave on

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm

MAKE WAY FOR THE QUEENS GUARD!!!
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:

Depends on the Ak. The 5.56 was originally developed for the AR 15, however with the round being so common, many comapnies have made 5.56x45mm AKs, and the Polish used them since joining NATO.

Also, 1000 rounds can easily be one shooting session.
Last edited by Sovaal on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Republic of Keshiland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Keshiland » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Depends on the Ak. The 5.56 was originally developed for the AR 15, however with the round being so common, many comapnies have made 5.56x45mm AKs, and the Polish used them since joining NATO

Why does it sound like you are the type of person who does celebratory gun fire

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Albrenia wrote:

No. They're NATO (mostly). Russians use the 7.62.

Well the Russians mainly use 5.45 nowadays.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Sovaal wrote:Depends on the Ak. The 5.56 was originally developed for the AR 15, however with the round being so common, many comapnies have made 5.56x45mm AKs, and the Polish used them since joining NATO

Why does it sound like you are making completely unnecessary presumptions about him? Oh, yes, it is because you are doing that.

Wave on, wave on

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Sovaal wrote:Depends on the Ak. The 5.56 was originally developed for the AR 15, however with the round being so common, many comapnies have made 5.56x45mm AKs, and the Polish used them since joining NATO

Celebratory gunfire is the second best kind of gunfire.

The first best is the kind that stays on target.

Lawful Evil

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm sorry, what? Do you know how incredibly dangerous that is?

And tell me how being interested in certain subjects makes me some sort mouth breathing gun waving lunatic?

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Republic of Keshiland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Keshiland » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Kernen wrote:

Celebratory gunfire is the second best kind of gunfire.

Well it was banned by the UN

Kernen
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Kernen wrote:Celebratory gunfire is the second best kind of gunfire.

Well it was banned by the UN

Clearly the UN hasn't been around where I grew up.

Lawful Evil

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General