NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Am I right?

Yeah, mostly, seems agreeable.
22%
Dunno/Not sure/Not American and I think that matters
7%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be more restricted.
20%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be less restricted.
44%
JC Christ CM come back when the meds wear off
7%

Total votes : 1002

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Republic of Keshiland wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Oh wow, another Keshiland "fact" to add to my factbook(!) Your fact is wrong, Gabrielle Giffords is a case in point, a senator that was shot in the head in 2011, and survived.

The few cases to the contrary are irrelevant. If you are being attacked they will top attacking the moment they are hit with a bullet to the head.

They're perfectly relevant. Your claim was that all headshots are a guaranteed death. That's not the case as many of us have given you examples. Plus, I should point out that a headshot is much harder to achieve in reality. Contrary to what your video games have been leading you to believe. That's why when you have to use a gun in self defense you aim for the torso, because that's the largest body mass, and usually your ultimate goal is to just stop the attacker, not kill him.
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Because as we all know, the only government that could possibly become tyrannical is the Federal Government. There's no possible way that a state government could go along with the Federal Government.

Well, actually the State governments were the biggest abusers of human rights in this country. However, the founding fathers did not want to limit the power of the state. But you get my point the 2A was meant to protect against the federal government.

Well, each intruder needs three bullets, minimum. Two in their cavity one in their dome. Here is an example of needing, at minimum, 18 rounds of ammunition to do that.

Not if you're a good shot. If someone is actually trying to kill you a shot to the head and they are done. But I guess to own a gun you don't need to learn how to shoot.

What if there's 11 deer?

Well, why would you need to kill all 11. Peta would want a word with you

Because they're fun.

Lives over fun

We have. We've listed them. I've decided because fuck you that's why.

Non-specific you, don't mean to be aggressive. Like, fuck you in general, not fuck you, specifically.

Free access to guns never works out well

If you aim for the head, you're probably a moron.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Euslavia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Euslavia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Sovaal wrote:I mean he wants to ban *all* guns in the US, so I doubt he knows anything relating to America and guns.

Perhaps he should stop worrying about American and what it does or doesn't do, and start worrying about whatever country he calls home. Clearly, something isn't right locally...

Well, the thread is titled 'Gun Control' without any other qualifiers, so I assume that the subject isn't just limited to the United States.

Also, to be clear, I don't really care about what Americans do in their country. If they want to make nudity compulsory, let them. If they want free guns for everyone, let them. Their country their choice. But I will always state any problems or shortcomings that I and persons outside the US have observe.
Last edited by Euslavia on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Oh wow, another Keshiland "fact" to add to my factbook(!) Your fact is wrong, Gabrielle Giffords is a case in point, a senator that was shot in the head in 2011, and survived.

The few cases to the contrary are irrelevant. If you are being attacked they will top attacking the moment they are hit with a bullet to the head.

Thy will stop attacking the moment they'really hit, except when they don't...
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 pm

It is still never the less a fact that the founding fathers wrote the constitution to protect against the abuse of government at the federal level. The 2nd group of founding fathers were the ones who wanted to protect people from the states.

Still doesn't matter in the slightest but okay.

It is proven fact that shot to the head=Death

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Then you will be arrested for intimidation with a deadly weapon.

Which is in fact, not a crime considering they're trespassing.

Fun is a feel Danger from guns is a fact

Well sure if you don't handle them correctly. Fortunately however, unlike you I am perfectly safe with my guns because I learned how to handle them by handling them, not from HALO.

If someone in a country 1/2 out population but 1.33 the size of Texas (Nigeria) was able to elect a president that after more then 10 years of almost daily terror attacks was able to send them fleeing unarmed on the backs of donkies Americans can get rid of the gun problem.

Leading a counter-insurgency effort with the backing of the most powerful nation on earth is literally exactly the same as solving a complicated social issue?
Last edited by Len Hyet on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Euslavia wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Perhaps he should stop worrying about American and what it does or doesn't do, and start worrying about whatever country he calls home. Clearly, something isn't right locally...

Well, the thread is titled 'Gun Control' without any other qualifiers, so I assume that the subject isn't just limited to the United States.

Perhaps you should go back and actually read the thread. If you had, you would know that the topic is centered around America and it's current firearm reform debate.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:19 pm

There was a second group of founding fathers? So was America founded, lost, and then founded once more?

Technically yes since it was split in two and then reformed with 3 new constitutional amendments that forced the states to actually give people their human rights.

Actually, not all the time

Irrelevant since it still has the stated goal of stopping the attack.

No because America is not Nigeria.

That is also irrelevant since they were in a worse situation more densely populated and an armed insurgency but got out of it. America, if we tried, could do the same.
wtf you mean the civil war first of all Keshi your wrong their is not second set of founding fathers and the new amendments didn't end oppression of minorities till the late 1960's or allow them to vote or own land or serve in a public office so your points are again invalid I think you need to stay in college or even drop out and go back to highschool.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Topoliani wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:I have also been shot in the head, I was hit by a ricochet in the back of the head at a shooting range and survived it. To this day I don't know where the ricochet came from.

Oh fuck, that sounds like it hurt

It was weird, it sounds strange but it wasn't really that painful, it was more like a sense of confusion and bewilderment caused by a sudden sensation of pressure and force that I hadn't felt before. But from what I have heard, that feeling is normal in such cases.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Euslavia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Euslavia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Euslavia wrote:

Perhaps you should go back and actually read the thread. If you had, you would know that the topic is centered around America and it's current firearm reform debate.

Look, obviously the thread is framed around an important American internal policy question. But everything in our earthly lives is subordinated to politics. Firearm control is no exception, and there are other countries dealing with this same matter (somebody even mentioned Paris in this thread). So really, the topic is quite broad. America provides a focal point, but it's not the only one.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm

You realize that head shots are incredibly difficult, correct? Pretty much any firearms training will tell you to go for center mass, or the chest, which while requireing multiple shots, you are more likely to hit. Learn a thing to two before you speak.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Or you know, do what we all have been trained to do and aim for center-mass as that is the much easier target to hit, especially a target that is moving.

Edit* damn you, ninjas :P
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:

Or you know, do what we all have been trained to do and aim for center-mass as that is the much easier target to hit, especially a target that is moving.

I hate it when people say things like "he should have just shot him in the leg". Do people not realize how hard it is to shoot a target the size of a leg, let alone on a running man while your adrenaline is pumping at full power?
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:34 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Topoliani wrote:Oh fuck, that sounds like it hurt

It was weird, it sounds strange but it wasn't really that painful, it was more like a sense of confusion and bewilderment caused by a sudden sensation of pressure and force that I hadn't felt before. But from what I have heard, that feeling is normal in such cases.

Endorphines and adrenaline are a bitch, epecially after being shot. :p

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:34 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Grinning Dragon wrote:

I hate it when people say things like "he should have just shot him in the leg". Do people not realize how hard it is to shoot a target the size of a leg, let alone on a running man while your adrenaline is pumping at full power?

Or that shooting someone in the leg is extremely dangerous as well. People bleed out that way.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:

It also really irks me when they say "Couldn't you just shoot the gun out his hand?" Like wtf?
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Huh. So, you are about as likely to survive being shot in the head as you are to survive smallpox. Cool.

Grinning Dragon
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 16, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Grinning Dragon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:

Same here, it's as if they take hollywood movies as a literal how to instructional video.
Last edited by Grinning Dragon on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Grinning Dragon wrote:

Or how fucking ineffective it would be even if you pulled it off...
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Dylar wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:I hate it when people say things like "he should have just shot him in the leg". Do people not realize how hard it is to shoot a target the size of a leg, let alone on a running man while your adrenaline is pumping at full power?

It also really irks me when they say "Couldn't you just shoot the gun out his hand?" Like wtf?

I have heard of that happening on purpose like once and that was by a trained police sharpshooter with a sniper rifle while the guy was holding the revolver perpendicular to him and presenting a larger target.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Telconi wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:I hate it when people say things like "he should have just shot him in the leg". Do people not realize how hard it is to shoot a target the size of a leg, let alone on a running man while your adrenaline is pumping at full power?

Right? It's not like a 9mm through the thigh or calf muscle is going to automatically stop a 200 something pound man.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Well that explains why I couldn't even find it

The closest word to it is vysokiy or высокий, which literally means high.

Oh how funny
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Telconi wrote:

Right? It's not like a 9mm through the thigh or calf muscle is going to automatically stop a 200 something pound man.

Check out the descriptions of the '86 FBI Miami-Dade shootout.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout

Those guys took a helluva lot more punishment than a handgun round to the leg. And still went on to kill 2 agents and injure more.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Because as we all know, the only government that could possibly become tyrannical is the Federal Government. There's no possible way that a state government could go along with the Federal Government.

Well, actually the State governments were the biggest abusers of human rights in this country. However, the founding fathers did not want to limit the power of the state. But you get my point the 2A was meant to protect against the federal government.

Wrong.

Well, each intruder needs three bullets, minimum. Two in their cavity one in their dome. Here is an example of needing, at minimum, 18 rounds of ammunition to do that.

Not if you're a good shot. If someone is actually trying to kill you a shot to the head and they are done. But I guess to own a gun you don't need to learn how to shoot.

No you don't aim for the head that's a guaranteed miss. You aim for center mass, i.e. the chest. And sometimes adrenaline will keep the perp moving even though they have been shot.

What if there's 11 deer?

Well, why would you need to kill all 11. Peta would want a word with you

PETA can go fuck itself they aren't animal rights activists at all. Not since they have been caught killing pets, taking money, and kidnaping pets and then murdering them.

Because they're fun.

Lives over fun

Rights over lives.

We have. We've listed them. I've decided because fuck you that's why.

Non-specific you, don't mean to be aggressive. Like, fuck you in general, not fuck you, specifically.

Free access to guns never works out well

Gun control never works out well. See I can be just as silly
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Telconi wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Right? It's not like a 9mm through the thigh or calf muscle is going to automatically stop a 200 something pound man.

Those guys took a helluva lot more punishment than a handgun round to the leg. And still went on to kill 2 agents and injure more.

Oh, I know. It was freaking crazy. And these were guys who were not even under the influence of narcotics or anything.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Telconi wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Right? It's not like a 9mm through the thigh or calf muscle is going to automatically stop a 200 something pound man.

Should have used 10mm.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General