NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Am I right?

Yeah, mostly, seems agreeable.
22%
Dunno/Not sure/Not American and I think that matters
7%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be more restricted.
20%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be less restricted.
44%
JC Christ CM come back when the meds wear off
7%

Total votes : 1002

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:38 am

Keshiland wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:
Fixed that for you.

If you can't hunt with a bow and arrow thats your problem and food is at the store. Also you are more likely to have the gun used on you in the home then used against an home invader

More likely to have it used on me by a home invader? What sort of nonsense is this?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am

Keshiland wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:Ever heard of a little thing called "Most gun owners have decent humanity"? If anything all the arguments were PRO gun as they show that the world is a violent world and we need to defend ourselves

In other words, your argument was stupid and you can get out of this corner

You just said you would not give up your gun to end all the death and destruction in the world. That's not humanity that brutality

There's always going to be Death and Destruction, even without weapons

In fact, without weapons at all period, Death is just gonna rise

What if a small village of 40 in Africa gets attacked by lions or other vicious creatures? Or what if a disease breaks out and there's no way to enforce the quarantine? What if a man breaks into a house with the intent to kill? Are they supposed to just get on their knees and beg for mercy from whatever being they believe in?
Last edited by Hammer Britannia on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
All shall tremble before me

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:40 am

Keshiland wrote:Why don't you pro gunners think about other people for a change and actually concede to the pro gun control group? You are the definition of selfish. You would watch a town of 10,000 get executed with semi auto's and still claim "my right over their life" How do I know? Because every mass shooting that makes national news results in you guys going out and buying more guns. Pro gunners tell parents of kids killed in school shootings that they rather have their gun then those kids have their life. Its ducking disgusting.

I'm sorry liberty disgusts you. North Korea is that-a-way.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:41 am

Keshiland wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:
Fixed that for you.

If you can't hunt with a bow and arrow thats your problem and food is at the store.

Fuck the poor right?

You've never gone hunting in your life so I'll explain something to you. When people are hunting to live they don't use bows and arrows because that's not the best tool they can afford. The best tool they can afford is a $200 rifle and a $20 box of ammunition. When your children are depending on you bringing them food you don't use sub-par tools.

Keshiland wrote:Also you are more likely to have the gun used on you in the home then used against an home invader

And you're more likely to die from accidental Tylenol poisoning then you are to be shot in a school shooting.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 am

Telconi wrote:
Keshiland wrote:
If you can't hunt with a bow and arrow thats your problem and food is at the store. Also you are more likely to have the gun used on you in the home then used against an home invader

More likely to have it used on me by a home invader? What sort of nonsense is this?

OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:47 am

Keshiland wrote:
Telconi wrote: More likely to have it used on me by a home invader? What sort of nonsense is this?

Got a real source?
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:47 am

All shall tremble before me

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:47 am

Keshiland wrote:
Telconi wrote: More likely to have it used on me by a home invader? What sort of nonsense is this?

What we clearly need to do is ban ladders
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 am

It is a real source. Just because they are for gun control does not make then not a real source. They are a dot org.

But if I must http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... act-check/
Last edited by Keshiland on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:50 am

Keshiland wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Got a real source?

It is a real source. Just because they are for gun control does not make then not a real source. They are a dot org.

Because it has a .org at the end it must be credible
(https://youtu.be/JvAbophptmM)
Last edited by Wysten on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am

Keshiland wrote:Why don't you pro gunners think about other people for a change and actually concede to the pro gun control group?

I haven't done anything that would necessitate taking my rights away.
You are the definition of selfish.

Which is why whenever a gun control law is passed, even more laws are put forward. :)
You would watch a town of 10,000 get executed with semi auto's and still claim "my right over their life".

Anybody who can execute 10,000 people is going to have the means of getting actual military weapons. And evejn then, why should I have to suffer for something somebody else did?
How do I know?

You don't.
Because every mass shooting that makes national news results in you guys going out and buying more guns.

No, it's the people calling for a total gun ban making people go out and buy more guns. Morons on both sides.
Pro gunners tell parents of kids killed in school shootings that they rather have their gun then those kids have their life.

First off, me not having a gun is not going to stop mass murders. Second, I don't think anybody here, at least, has actually said that. What we have said is that we shouldn't be punished/punish innocent people for something a madman did.
Its ducking disgusting.

I've seen you posts on what you would do to your wife/employees/kids/subjects. You have no room tom talk about moral righteousness.

Keshiland wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:Ah yes, go ahead, strawman your way out of this. "Pro gun people are evil because they allow guns to still exist"

If the government could guarantee that everyone living inside the USA would be gun free would you support a total gun ban?

Would the government get rid of the NSA, CIA, and it's guns?

Keshiland wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:No, if everyone in the USA could physically remove every gun from existence I still wouldn't support it. Even if they were able to remove every WEAPON in existence I still wouldn't support it.

Hence why pro gunners support guns over life. See it was not a strawman, after all, it was a solid argument.

No, still a strawman. He never made that argument/said that.

Keshiland wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:Ever heard of a little thing called "Most gun owners have decent humanity"? If anything all the arguments were PRO gun as they show that the world is a violent world and we need to defend ourselves

In other words, your argument was stupid and you can get out of this corner

You just said you would not give up your gun to end all the death and destruction in the world. That's not humanity that brutality

Because him giving up his gun would not end murder, destruction, war, death, and genocide, along with anything else bad in the world. A good part of the people killed in the Rwandan genocide died by machete. I never get people like you who suggest a world without guns would be better.

Keshiland wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:
Fixed that for you.

If you can't hunt with a bow and arrow thats your problem

Hunting with guns is far more humane.

and food is at the store.

Can get more meat for less then at the store, and most hunters kill animals far more humanely then most factory farms do.

Also you are more likely to have the gun used on you in the home then used against an home invader

And you're more likely to die in a car accident if you own a car. Ban Cars!
Last edited by Sovaal on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:53 am

Keshiland wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Got a real source?

Well you heard it here first folks. We need to ban dihydrogen monoxide because a .org said so.

Keshiland wrote:"Hey Keshi you got an actual source for any of your bullshit?"
"Yeah I've got motherjones"

:rofl:
Last edited by Len Hyet on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am

Keshiland wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Got a real source?

Yes, and Mein Kampf is a legitimate source on Jewish folks...

Yes, you must.
Last edited by Telconi on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:55 am

Len Hyet wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

Well you heard it here first folks. We need to ban dihydrogen monoxide because a .org said so.

Kills thousands each year! The government puts it in the water pipes!

Keshiland wrote:"Hey Keshi you got an actual source for any of your bullshit?"
"Yeah I've got motherjones"

:rofl:

Reminds me of that one MotherJones article where the guy makes a Californian legal AK, talks some bullshit, and then destroys it wrong.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:58 am

Telconi wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

Yes, you must.

it does not have to be on the same side politically for it to be right. A gun control group can use fair statistics.

State count 135

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:59 am

Keshiland wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Yes, you must.

it does not have to be on the same side politically for it to be right. A gun control group can use fair statistics.

Sure, they can.

But neither Bloomberg nor dear MJ does.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 am

Len Hyet wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

Sure, they can.

The Brady campaign does

State count 135

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:01 am

Keshiland wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:Sure, they can.

The Brady campaign does

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I needed that. Day is looking up already!
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Calixicanuss
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Calixicanuss » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:01 am

Cartel Shootout in Mexican Border State Lasted Eight Hours Before Troops Intervened
More than 100 gunmen took part in a series of large-scale shootouts between factions of the Sinaloa and Juarez Cartels in the border state of Chihuahua. The skirmish took place in a rural mountain area that went on for more than eight hours until state and federal authorities arrived.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/10/ ... ntervened/

This article was published 3 hours ago

This kind of stuff happens every week

These are the people your funding if you enforce gun control.
Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

RP's
The Origin and Present Struggle "takes place first chronologically"
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=425293
The Lightning War: Rise of Nations "takes place five years after the Origin and Present Struggle"
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=426145

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:02 am

Calixicanuss wrote:
Cartel Shootout in Mexican Border State Lasted Eight Hours Before Troops Intervened
More than 100 gunmen took part in a series of large-scale shootouts between factions of the Sinaloa and Juarez Cartels in the border state of Chihuahua. The skirmish took place in a rural mountain area that went on for more than eight hours until state and federal authorities arrived.

Breitbart is hardly s reliable source.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Telconi
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:04 am

Wysten wrote:
Calixicanuss wrote:

The fellow is insisting on using Brady Bunch numbers. By that standard Mickey Mouse's Club House is a reliable news source.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism

Calixicanuss
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Calixicanuss » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:04 am

Wysten wrote:
Calixicanuss wrote:

So there isn't a massive drug war with nearly 90000 civilian dead in Mexico alone? still proves my point, and i see no reason why they would lie about it.
Last edited by Calixicanuss on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

RP's
The Lightning War: Rise of Nations "takes place five years after the Origin and Present Struggle"

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 am

Telconi wrote:
Wysten wrote:Breitbart is hardly s reliable source.

The fellow is insisting on using Brady Bunch numbers. By that standard Mickey Mouse's Club House is a reliable news source.

Claims pro gun control group has fake numbers then used a site ran by Steve Bannon :roll:

State count 135

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:12 am

Keshiland wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Claims pro gun control group has fake numbers then used a site ran by Steve Bannon :roll:

No, he didn't, somebody else did. Both can be shit, y'know.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Calixicanuss
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Calixicanuss » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 am

Reminder that the cartels have killed more than Islamic Terrorism

RP's

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General