NATION

PASSWORD

A Shia in North Korea

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kennlind
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:
Tokora wrote:THE ISLAMIC STATE OF IRAQ AND SYRIA IS LITERALLY MORE FREE THAN NORTH KOREA! >:(

Look at his sig. "Oh, but the filthy NWO Americans!"

Oh wow! You sure got me! Just personally attack me, makes you look really smart. I've provided actual arguments here but all any of you can do is personally attack me, no serious attempt to refute them.

Tokora wrote:
Kennlind wrote:This is what someone who's never been to DPRK will say. North Korea is objectively more free than the United States.

THE ISLAMIC STATE OF IRAQ AND SYRIA IS LITERALLY MORE FREE THAN NORTH KOREA! >:(

Objectively incorrect. It's a theocratic totalitarian dictatorship. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a worker's republic.
don't use anymore // Eglaecia

Blairwood
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Blairwood » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am

Kennlind wrote:
Blairwood wrote:Except for the fact that you can vote for two partys in America, plus third partys.

You only have one choice in NK, "glorious" Workers Party.

Not to mention the whole Prison camp thing.

Anyway, in response to the OP, I'd hope that Abrahamic religions would join together and get that Missionary out.

Wow a two party dictatorship :roll: how democratic! How could it get even more democratic? Oh I know! make the candidate with the second most votes become president over the candidate with the most! Ain't that just democratic!

Still better then one person in power with no other choices to vote for.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 am

Kennlind wrote:
Blairwood wrote:Except for the fact that you can vote for two partys in America, plus third partys.

Anyway, in response to the OP, I'd hope that Abrahamic religions would join together and get that Missionary out.

Wow a two party dictatorship :roll: how democratic! How could it get even more democratic? Oh I know! make the candidate with the second most votes become president over the candidate with the most! Ain't that just democratic!

Two parties is more democratic than one ;)

Especially if neither always wins!
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Kennlind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Kennlind wrote:Wow a two party dictatorship :roll: how democratic! How could it get even more democratic? Oh I know! make the candidate with the second most votes become president over the candidate with the most! Ain't that just democratic!

Don't you know we're technically a Republic... it's vote by county, trump got more countys

First of all that's incorrect, second of all why do counties matter? Most economic activity is in the most populated areas which overwhelmingly voted Clinton. I'm not pro-Clinton, I despise her more than Trump, but America cant say the DPRK isn't democratic when it's leaders are elected undemocratically.

Kennlind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:43 am

Blairwood wrote:
Kennlind wrote:Wow a two party dictatorship :roll: how democratic! How could it get even more democratic? Oh I know! make the candidate with the second most votes become president over the candidate with the most! Ain't that just democratic!

There's four parties represented in the Supreme People's Assembly, with independents as well.

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:46 am

Kennlind wrote:
Look at his sig. "Oh, but the filthy NWO Americans!"

Oh wow! You sure got me! Just personally attack me, makes you look really smart. I've provided actual arguments here but all any of you can do is personally attack me, no serious attempt to refute them.

Tokora wrote:THE ISLAMIC STATE OF IRAQ AND SYRIA IS LITERALLY MORE FREE THAN NORTH KOREA! >:(

Objectively incorrect. It's a theocratic totalitarian dictatorship. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a worker's republic.

What personal attack? You say in your sig that you hate the "NWO" and you call America the "Great Satan".

I mean, there's nothing to prove to you. All you've done is make yourself look incredibly gullible. I apologize for saying that, but you honestly believe North Korea follow it's own constuition when you can only vote for a single party (Kim-Jong-Un) (yes, they have other parties, but ever notice how none of those parties get to run?) I mean, you're just a contrarian. Any evidence to the prison camps, generational torture (i.e, son gets thrown in jail for grandfathers crime) you'll just disregard as "propaganda."

I mean, seriously. It's like Hati under Duvailer. He had that "election" where he won 100% of the vote.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 am

Blairwood wrote:

Except for the fact that you can vote for two partys in America, plus third partys.

Not a fan of North Korea in the least, but at least on paper, it's not a one party state.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Hobbies: Apprentice Blacksmith, Amateur Poet, and Board Gaming Fanatic.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 am

Kennlind wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Don't you know we're technically a Republic... it's vote by county, trump got more countys

First of all that's incorrect, second of all why do counties matter? Most economic activity is in the most populated areas which overwhelmingly voted Clinton. I'm not pro-Clinton, I despise her more than Trump, but America cant say the DPRK isn't democratic when it's leaders are elected undemocratically.

Because then the big cities would outshout the small towns. It's to rebalance the votes. And I know that's incorrect I decided to simplify it, because the systems kinda complicated. Basically you don't live in a democracy, you live in a benevolent republic that takes some of the people's votes. Atleast that's better than koreas government...
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:50 am

I noticed only a few take Kim's personality to mind. We have to consider that it is State Religion in N.Korea and that most North Koreans consider themselves "free" under the oppression. However, we must also consider Iran with Nukes and Russia attempting to befriend N.Korea again..

Truth be told, this What if. Has many points that people are not looking at entirely clearly. If Kim killed a Missionary, Iran may cover it up. However, they won't remain best friends. I think for the "two lovers" to make up, N.Korea would have to re-open ties with Russia like they are attempting now. In the end, I see that relationship pushing China a side; So I see more influence between China and Russia impacting the matter. After all, both share allies.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

Kennlind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am

Kennlind wrote:Oh wow! You sure got me! Just personally attack me, makes you look really smart. I've provided actual arguments here but all any of you can do is personally attack me, no serious attempt to refute them.

What personal attack? You say in your sig that you hate the "NWO" and you call America the "Great Satan".

I mean, there's nothing to prove to you. All you've done is make yourself look incredibly gullible. I apologize for saying that, but you honestly believe North Korea follow it's own constuition when you can only vote for a single party (Kim-Jong-Un) (yes, they have other parties, but ever notice how none of those parties get to run?) I mean, you're just a contrarian. Any evidence to the prison camps, generational torture (i.e, son gets thrown in jail for grandfathers crime) you'll just disregard as "propaganda."

I mean, seriously. It's like Hati under Duvailer. He had that "election" where he won 100% of the vote.

Okay keep acting dense and try denying it. It was a thinly veiled personal attack regardless of what you're going to say.
I'm not gullible, you're just ignorant to the truth about the DPRK. You literally admit you know nothing about it by saying you can only vote for one party and that "none of those parties get to run" when there are THREE OFFICIAL PARTIES, INDEPENDENTS AND OTHERS REPRESENTED IN THE LEGISLATURE!! I'm not saying there isn't prison camps, but the UK and USA has done the same, so why is it bad when the DPRK does it?

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:52 am

Kennlind wrote:
Blairwood wrote:

There's four parties represented in the Supreme People's Assembly, with independents as well.

That only do what Kim Jong Un tells them to do. And In America people don't get executed by flamethrower like how O Sang-hon died.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 am

Kennlind wrote:

Okay keep acting dense and try denying it. It was a thinly veiled personal attack regardless of what you're going to say.
I'm not gullible, you're just ignorant to the truth about the DPRK. You literally admit you know nothing about it by saying you can only vote for one party and that "none of those parties get to run" when there are THREE OFFICIAL PARTIES, INDEPENDENTS AND OTHERS REPRESENTED IN THE LEGISLATURE!! I'm not saying there isn't prison camps, but the UK and USA has done the same, so why is it bad when the DPRK does it?

I think you're taking the "Best Korea" memes too seriously lad

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:
Blairwood wrote:

Except for the fact that you can vote for two partys in America, plus third partys.

Not a fan of North Korea in the least, but at least on paper, it's not a one party state.

I meant that it was a defacto one party state.

Kennlind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Kennlind wrote:First of all that's incorrect, second of all why do counties matter? Most economic activity is in the most populated areas which overwhelmingly voted Clinton. I'm not pro-Clinton, I despise her more than Trump, but America cant say the DPRK isn't democratic when it's leaders are elected undemocratically.

Because then the big cities would outshout the small towns. It's to rebalance the votes. And I know that's incorrect I decided to simplify it, because the systems kinda complicated. Basically you don't live in a democracy, you live in a benevolent republic that takes some of the people's votes. Atleast that's better than koreas government...

So doing the most for society as a whole means you deserve to be represented less? If a Republican won the popular vote but lost the electoral vote, all of you would be fuming and calling it what it is - UNDEMOCRATIC FASCISM!

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Kennlind wrote:There's four parties represented in the Supreme People's Assembly, with independents as well.

No in America they just get shot in the streets for their skin colour.

That only do what Kim Jong Un tells them to do. And In America people don't get executed by flamethrower like how O Sang-hon died.

Kennlind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 am

Proctopeo wrote:
Kennlind wrote:Okay keep acting dense and try denying it. It was a thinly veiled personal attack regardless of what you're going to say.

I think you're taking the "Best Korea" memes too seriously lad

Once again this proves none of you can refute anything I'm saying. Keep regurgitating memes, already debunked arguments and non-arguments, just ruins your credibility further.

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 am

Kennlind wrote:

Sounds like you don't live here. There are ten shitloads of limitations place upon our president. He/she could never be a dictator unless the government was overthrown.
Kennlind wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I think you're taking the "Best Korea" memes too seriously lad

Once again this proves none of you can refute anything I'm saying. Keep regurgitating memes, already debunked arguments and non-arguments, just ruins your credibility further.

Apart from the fact that everybody that had ever come from NK says it's terrible.
Last edited by The Kruegh on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kruegh-themed playlist
Mainly inspired by the Cravers (Endless Space) and the Hierarchy (Universe at War). Of course, this nation also uses some original ideas.
6.66 on this power scale (9-1-8 for each category, respectively)

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 am

Kennlind wrote:

So, you admit that North Korea has prison camps but you say that's it okay because the USA and the UK "have them to".

When you say prison camps, you mean the Japanese interment camps? In North Korea they are basically concentration camps, but, no, I guess I'm just so dense and, you know, filled with all the American great satan propaganda. You know, the three parties despite the fact that I'm pretty sure they don't get to run candidates. I'm sorry! I'm so propagandized. All this food must be getting in my head. Kind of like how North Koreas don't really get food. You know, it's to clear their mind. That's it.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 am

Kennlind wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I think you're taking the "Best Korea" memes too seriously lad

Did Kim Jong-Il create the hamburger?

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Istanistan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 am

Kennlind wrote:Objectively incorrect. It's a theocratic totalitarian dictatorship. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a worker's republic.

I've literally never seen this level of anti-imperialism before, and given how much twitter I consume that's surprising.

I'd think that in all likelihood the Iranian government would simply stop the cleric from going, or failing that leverage its friendly diplomatic ties to secure a quiet release and return home.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

DYNASTIES ARE THEFT/IMPEACH REINHARD/YANG WENLI 2020

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

Kennlind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:58 am

Kennlind wrote:Okay keep acting dense and try denying it. It was a thinly veiled personal attack regardless of what you're going to say.

So, you admit that North Korea has prison camps but you say that's it okay because the USA and the UK "have them to".

When you say prison camps, you mean the Japanese interment camps? In North Korea they are basically concentration camps, but, no, I guess I'm just so dense and, you know, filled with all the American great satan propaganda. You know, the three parties despite the fact that I'm pretty sure they don't get to run candidates. I'm sorry! I'm so propagandized. All this food must be getting in my head. Kind of like how North Koreas don't really get food. You know, it's to clear their mind. That's it.

Dude I never said they weren't concentration camps. I'm not pro-DPRK or pro-Juche I'm just against the misinformation campaign spread about it. Yes those three parties don't get to run candidates, thats why the Social Democrats have 50 law makers, and the Chondoists have 22, isn't it. The UK were the first people to use concentration camps.

DPRK does have food, look up Jaka Parker on youtube.

Proctopeo wrote:
Kennlind wrote:Once again this proves none of you can refute anything I'm saying. Keep regurgitating memes, already debunked arguments and non-arguments, just ruins your credibility further.

Did Kim Jong-Il create the hamburger?

No, I'm not pro-Juche fyi.

The Kruegh wrote:

Sounds like you don't live here. There are ten shitloads of limitations place upon our president. He/she could never be a dictator unless the government was overthrown.

I don't live there because I'm not a traitor who would leave my country for a better life.
Last edited by Kennlind on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kennlind
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am

Greater Istanistan wrote:
Kennlind wrote:Objectively incorrect. It's a theocratic totalitarian dictatorship. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a worker's republic.

I've literally never seen this level of anti-imperialism before, and given how much twitter I consume that's surprising.

I'd think that in all likelihood the Iranian government would simply stop the cleric from going, or failing that leverage its friendly diplomatic ties to secure a quiet release and return home.

I am the most anti-imperialist on the internet.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am

Kennlind wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:Did Kim Jong-Il create the hamburger?

You are extremely confusing.

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am

Kennlind wrote:

Dude I never said they weren't concentration camps. I'm not pro-DPRK or pro-Juche I'm just against the misinformation campaign spread about it. Yes those three parties don't get to run candidates, thats why the Social Democrats have 50 law makers, and the Chondoists have 22, isn't it. The UK were the first people to use concentration camps.

DPRK does have food, look up Jaka Parker on youtube.

Proctopeo wrote:Did Kim Jong-Il create the hamburger?

The Kruegh wrote:Sounds like you don't live here. There are ten shitloads of limitations place upon our president. He/she could never be a dictator unless the government was overthrown.

I don't live there because I'm not a traitor who would leave my country for a better life.

So don't pretend you know all about the country that I do live in. Coming from a lower-class brown guy, that should mean a lot.
Last edited by The Kruegh on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kruegh-themed playlist
Mainly inspired by the Cravers (Endless Space) and the Hierarchy (Universe at War). Of course, this nation also uses some original ideas.
6.66 on this power scale (9-1-8 for each category, respectively)

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 am

Proctopeo wrote:
Kennlind wrote:No, I'm not pro-Juche fyi.

You are extremely confusing.

But of course, he'd be accepted into North Korea even though he doesn't like Juche. *nods*

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 am

Kennlind wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

No in America they just get shot in the streets for their skin colour.

Racist police are a problem, one that should be dealt with, yes.

But they don't get burned to death, or poisoned, or mortared to death.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General