NATION

PASSWORD

A Shia in North Korea

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 am

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:You are extremely confusing.

But of course, he'd be accepted into North Korea even though he doesn't like Juche. *nods*

Even if you unironically like the government, it's a terrible place to live.
Could be safer to live in the Darién Gap.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Kennlind
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kennlind » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 am

The Kruegh wrote:
Kennlind wrote:Dude I never said they weren't concentration camps. I'm not pro-DPRK or pro-Juche I'm just against the misinformation campaign spread about it. Yes those three parties don't get to run candidates, thats why the Social Democrats have 50 law makers, and the Chondoists have 22, isn't it. The UK were the first people to use concentration camps.

DPRK does have food, look up Jaka Parker on youtube.

No, I'm not pro-Juche fyi.

I don't live there because I'm not a traitor who would leave my country for a better life.

So don't pretend you know all about the country that I do live in. Coming from a lower-class brown guy, that should mean a lot.

I thought you meant living in the DPRK lol, sorry. There is enough on the internet about USA, I'm thankful I don't live there, my friends would all be shot just for existing by the police.

But of course, he'd be accepted into North Korea even though he doesn't like Juche. *nods*

I dont want to live in the DPRK.

Proctopeo wrote:
Kennlind wrote:No, I'm not pro-Juche fyi.

You are extremely confusing.

How is being against misinformation confusing?
don't use anymore // Eglaecia

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 am

Kennlind wrote:

How is being against misinformation confusing?

So far the only sources against "misinformation" you've provided is the constitution of the DPRK and the presence of alternate parties.
The former is meaningless in what's essentially an autocracy, and the latter can very well be puppets of the main party that pretend to be different.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Kennlind wrote:
No in America they just get shot in the streets for their skin colour.

Racist police are a problem, one that should be dealt with, yes.

But they don't get burned to death, or poisoned, or mortared to death.

Problem with claiming cops are racist goes against statistics, now if it was the 1970-1980's. Yes, though I do not deny some cops may be racist. The ethnicity's being shot are normally shot by an officer of the same ethnicity. This shows very frequently, when you look at the "racist" cops. Most of them, not all. Tend to be the same color as the victem, be it white or black. Most, not all the time.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Kennlind wrote:
No in America they just get shot in the streets for their skin colour.

Racist police are a problem, one that should be dealt with, yes.

But they don't get burned to death, or poisoned, or mortared to death.

But the "racist police" only act if there at least seems to be something illegal going on. Fortunately, in our country, you can say what you want about the government and you won't be sent to a concentration camp for doubleminus ungood crimethinkers. So criticizing the government is not one of the crimes that black people sometimes get shot for. Riots don't count, though. Damaging property is not something they're going to let slide if they can make any arrests.
Kruegh-themed playlist
Mainly inspired by the Cravers (Endless Space) and the Hierarchy (Universe at War). Of course, this nation also uses some original ideas.
6.66 on this power scale (9-1-8 for each category, respectively)

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:07 am

Kennlind wrote:
The Kruegh wrote:So don't pretend you know all about the country that I do live in. Coming from a lower-class brown guy, that should mean a lot.

I thought you meant living in the DPRK lol, sorry. There is enough on the internet about USA, I'm thankful I don't live there, my friends would all be shot just for existing by the police.

If that were true, all of the darker-skinned people and people of other religions or other sexual orientations would already be dead or have left the country.
Kruegh-themed playlist
Mainly inspired by the Cravers (Endless Space) and the Hierarchy (Universe at War). Of course, this nation also uses some original ideas.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 am

Kennlind wrote:
The Kruegh wrote:So don't pretend you know all about the country that I do live in. Coming from a lower-class brown guy, that should mean a lot.

I missed this treasure the first time around.
Funny how someone who's against misinformation bought into misinformation.

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 am

The Kruegh wrote:
Kennlind wrote:I thought you meant living in the DPRK lol, sorry. There is enough on the internet about USA, I'm thankful I don't live there, my friends would all be shot just for existing by the police.

If that were true, all of the darker-skinned people and people of other religions or other sexual orientations would already be dead or have left the country.

I was under the impression a black man had won the office of President....hmmm....

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 am

Kennlind wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Because then the big cities would outshout the small towns. It's to rebalance the votes. And I know that's incorrect I decided to simplify it, because the systems kinda complicated. Basically you don't live in a democracy, you live in a benevolent republic that takes some of the people's votes. Atleast that's better than koreas government...

So doing the most for society as a whole means you deserve to be represented less? If a Republican won the popular vote but lost the electoral vote, all of you would be fuming and calling it what it is - UNDEMOCRATIC FASCISM!

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:No in America they just get shot in the streets for their skin colour.

That only do what Kim Jong Un tells them to do. And In America people don't get executed by flamethrower like how O Sang-hon died.

Hey, I don't want some snobby college kids dictating how I live, so I'm happy with the American voting. It gives me a bigger voice, so the more dense parts of America don't dictate what I do. If you don't like it move to some Midwest area, so your vote has more effect.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 am

The Kruegh wrote:If that were true, all of the darker-skinned people and people of other religions or other sexual orientations would already be dead or have left the country.

I was under the impression a black man had won the office of President....hmmm....

Exactly.
Kruegh-themed playlist

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

The Kruegh wrote:

Exactly.

I guess i'm being "misinformed". Kind of like how the same guy from the same family always seems to win the election in North Korea, and why there's all these defectors who claim it's like hell. Misinformation.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 am

Kennlind wrote:Why would this happen? There is freedom of religion in North Korea.

Kennlind wrote:North Korea is objectively more free than the United States.

NS Summer accounts in a nutshell
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 am

The Kruegh wrote:Exactly.

I guess i'm being "misinformed". Kind of like how the same guy from the same family always seems to win the election in North Korea, and why there's all these defectors who claim it's like hell. Misinformation.

Yep. Who knew Alex Jones-style mania was actually the correct style of thought?
Kruegh-themed playlist

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 am

The Kruegh wrote:

Yep. Who knew Alex Jones-style mania was actually the correct style of thought?

I'm just waiting to see what he says about North Korean defectors. Maybe he thinks the Great Satan America brainwashes them or something? Hm.

The adventures of Kim-Jong-Un! All the ladies love KJ, his flow's so fine, missing his show would be a crime,

The punishment is castration by donkey.

The adventures of Kim Jong Un! Kim Jong Un.

Transhumanist Anarchical Union
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Transhumanist Anarchical Union » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 am

Shia's don't have missionaries and don't believe in it, so I would guess he wouldn't get much support.

I think the Iranian government would only act if there was a pressure from inside, which probably wouldn't happen just because of one citizen that goes to such a country.
Last edited by Transhumanist Anarchical Union on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 am

The Kruegh wrote:Exactly.

Thing about defectors, least in 3rd world countries is they are not happy in their Country. Most defectors are Nationalists to N.Korea until they leave the Country and then they realize that true freedom is not ran by Government entirely, but rather the individuals inside the Governments that keep them, free.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:17 am

ok seriously why does this happen on every post?
The post is about Theorizing what would happen in a What-if situation. Why does a heated debate over whether or not DPRK is a hell-hole start?
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:19 am

Pilarcraft wrote:ok seriously why does this happen on every post?
The post is about Theorizing what would happen in a What-if situation. Why does a heated debate over whether or not DPRK is a hell-hole start?

Good question...
Technocratic Forum

Victores
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Victores » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:26 am

I lean towards the DPRK, especially some of the il-Sung era social and economic policies, but this level of apoligism.....its unprecedented.
AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 am

Principality of the Raix wrote:
Pilarcraft wrote:ok seriously why does this happen on every post?

Good question...

Because somebody started praising them.
Kruegh-themed playlist

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 am

The Kruegh wrote:
Good question...

Because somebody started praising them.

Seen that and I suppose that is a good answer, though it comes off as people just got "triggered" due to the subject. Be it praising or otherwise.

But that is a good simple answer, I mean not even N.Koreans in S.Korea praise him. But not like I am going to bash on them. I will bash on Kim, but not the oppressed people.
Technocratic Forum

The Kruegh
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kruegh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 am

The Kruegh wrote:Because somebody started praising them.

Seen that and I suppose that is a good answer, though it comes off as people just got "triggered" due to the subject. Be it praising or otherwise.

But that is a good simple answer, I mean not even N.Koreans in S.Korea praise him. But not like I am going to bash on them. I will bash on Kim, but not the oppressed people.

Well, by "them" I really mean the various people in the government, not the lowly citizens.
Kruegh-themed playlist

Community Values
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Community Values » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 am

The Kruegh wrote:Because somebody started praising them.

When a person is praising a regime which has had a 60 year Great Purge resulting in mass famine and deaths, I think it's okay to be ""triggered"" by it.
"Corrupted by wealth and power, your government is like a restaurant with only one dish. They've got a set of Republican waiters on one side and a set of Democratic waiters on the other side. But no matter which set of waiters brings you the dish, the legislative grub is all prepared in the same Wall Street kitchen."
-Huey Long

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 am

Community Values wrote:

When a person is praising a regime which has had a 60 year Great Purge resulting in mass famine and deaths, I think it's okay to be ""triggered"" by it.

tbh this very sentence is why I, myself a leftist, normally get angry pretty quickly when I get into Political Forum.
Some of the Left-wingers, (Some of them even not auth left) just base their whole identity as "Anti Imperialism", and then support Assad, Saddam, Gaddafi, The DPRK, The USSR, etc etc.
Aaaaand I fell into the trap myself. dammit.
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am

Christianity (which includes Catholic) first took root in Korea in what is considered today NK.. In SK., Christianity is practiced by 27.6% of the population with Buddhism 15.5%. The so called other main world religions(this should include the Shia) are less then 1%. So first a Catholic NK. then a Shia NK..
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General