NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread IX: Korea, The Dreamers and Trump

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Founding Fatherland wrote:
He's already broken the law and gotten away with it, why should he be scared of tax returns?

Because he's actually probably not nearly as rich as he claims.

Hm. That actually makes sense.
Everything Within the State
Nothing Outside the State
Nothing Against the State
American Fascist & Orthodox Christian

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Albrenia wrote:There must be some pretty shady shit in those tax returns for Trump to not release them. I would have thought he'd love to gloat about all the money he made and how little tax he paid on it.

He's already broken the law and gotten away with it, why should he be scared of tax returns?

Maybe he learned something from Al Capone? :lol:

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:

Because he's actually probably not nearly as rich as he claims.

That would be something he'd try to hide, so quite probable.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Thank you for proving that you haven't looked into tax percentages throughout the years, or willing choose to ignore the amount of loopholes and tax breaks that the wealthy get. Well, I suppose you'd have to do that if you ever wanted to claim that American Capitalism and Reaganomics is good.
2. I reiterate my original point #2

1. Without Trump's tax returns, we have no proof as to whether or not he avoided paying much.
However, for a certain 44%, there's plenty of proof there.

1. We have it on video of him admitting that he didn't pay his bloody taxes.
2. I see you've failed to follow along with my other points.

Oh, what's that point? You like Rand, I'm not gonna get anywhere.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:When the rich who get all the tax breaks hoard their money instead of spending it on expanding business, infrastructure or whatever the proponents of Reaganomics claim they're supposed to the end result is that the lower classes shoulder practically the entire tax burden for them.

A practical solution would be to eliminate the income tax. But seeing as that is rather unlikely for the time being, consider the following:
https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... h-hoarding

So either you expect the government to fund itself by some other means or you hate government and want it to dissolve, replaced by private corporations handling infrastructure like highways and police which you obviously think you can pay for.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:53 pm

New haven america wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:1. Without Trump's tax returns, we have no proof as to whether or not he avoided paying much.
However, for a certain 44%, there's plenty of proof there.

1. We have it on video of him admitting that he didn't pay his bloody taxes.

"Admissions" are not proof.
Petrasylvania wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:

A practical solution would be to eliminate the income tax. But seeing as that is rather unlikely for the time being, consider the following:
https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... h-hoarding

So either you expect the government to fund itself by some other means or you hate government and want it to dissolve, replaced by private corporations handling infrastructure like highways and police which you obviously think you can pay for.

I do hate the government, and want it to dissolve, but also recognize that few hold that desire as well. Remember, the income tax did not exist until 1913 and the country was doing fine beforehand.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. We have it on video of him admitting that he didn't pay his bloody taxes.

"Admissions" are not proof.
Petrasylvania wrote:So either you expect the government to fund itself by some other means or you hate government and want it to dissolve, replaced by private corporations handling infrastructure like highways and police which you obviously think you can pay for.

I do hate the government, and want it to dissolve, but also recognize that few hold that desire as well. Remember, the income tax did not exist until 1913 and the country was doing fine beforehand.

lol
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Wait, admissions are not proof? Why do courts of law accept them as evidence then?

The Founding Fatherland
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Founding Fatherland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Albrenia wrote:

Maybe he learned something from Al Capone? :lol:

Pretty sure Al Capone had less fans in the government and amongst voters than Trump though.
Everything Within the State
Nothing Outside the State
Nothing Against the State
American Fascist & Orthodox Christian

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. We have it on video of him admitting that he didn't pay his bloody taxes.

1."Admissions" are not proof.
Petrasylvania wrote:So either you expect the government to fund itself by some other means or you hate government and want it to dissolve, replaced by private corporations handling infrastructure like highways and police which you obviously think you can pay for.

I do hate the government, and want it to dissolve, but also recognize that few hold that desire as well. 2.Remember, the income tax did not exist until 1913 and the country was doing fine beforehand.

1. Yeah, and the Sun orbits the Earth.
2. :rofl:
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Albrenia wrote:Wait, admissions are not proof? Why do courts of law accept them as evidence then?

They can be flawed (or in this case, not backed up by anything). To say otherwise is ignorant.
New haven america wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:1."Admissions" are not proof.

1. Yeah, and the Sun orbits the Earth.

http://trulyfallacious.com/logic/logica ... quivalence
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Albrenia wrote:Wait, admissions are not proof? Why do courts of law accept them as evidence then?

They can be flawed (or in this case, not backed up by anything). To say otherwise is ignorant.
New haven america wrote:1. Yeah, and the Sun orbits the Earth.

I see you have no idea how to use logical fallacies either.

Economics, politics, fallacies. What next on your "I think I know, but don't really know list"?
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:06 pm

New haven america wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:They can be flawed (or in this case, not backed up by anything). To say otherwise is ignorant.

I see you have no idea how to use logical fallacies either.

Economics, politics, fallacies. What next on your "I think I know, but don't really know list"?

I'll come back to this once you put some actual thought into your arguments.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

And you're ignoring how government has become significantly larger and more advanced since 1913.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:I do hate the government, and want it to dissolve, but also recognize that few hold that desire as well. Remember, the income tax did not exist until 1913 and the country was doing fine beforehand.

And you're ignoring how government has become significantly larger and more advanced since 1913.

I dislike both of those things. See, I prefer the government when it actually follows the constitution.

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:And you're ignoring how government has become significantly larger and more advanced since 1913.

I dislike both of those things. See, I prefer the government when it actually follows the constitution.

So you prefer the United States to remain small and primitive compared to all the other nations in the world. World War 2 would have been a doozy with the U.S. small as you want it to be.
Last edited by Petrasylvania on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:And you're ignoring how government has become significantly larger and more advanced since 1913.

So you want a US where slavery is legal and protected? And one without the Bill of Rights, those weren't part of the original constitution.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
New haven america wrote:I see you have no idea how to use logical fallacies either.

I'll come back to this once you put some actual thought into your arguments.

Oh the irony...
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:58 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:I dislike both of those things. See, I prefer the government when it actually follows the constitution.

So you prefer the United States to remain small and primitive compared to all the other nations in the world. World War 2 would have been a doozy with the U.S. small as you want it to be.

FDR pretty much ignored all the warning signs for Pearl Harbor. The size of government does not indicate how primitive a nation is.
Post War America wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:I dislike both of those things. See, I prefer the government when it actually follows the constitution.

So you want a US where slavery is legal and protected? And one without the Bill of Rights, those weren't part of the original constitution.

Where did I imply that I want slavery to be legal? I follow the constitution as it currently is. It's just the 16th Amendment that gets on my nerves.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:21 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:
Corrian wrote:God, stop with the daily revolution talk.

And I guarantee you there will be a bunch of protests, or it will be caught up in lawsuits. And I will definitely be reminding people of all the things Republicans are doing that likely the majority don't support, like their tax plan which unsurprisingly they seem to actually be potentially able to pass unlike everything else of theirs.

I don't think Congress can be sued for doing something unpopular like destroying the environment. This is battle that must be fought physically if given no other choice.

Like I have said, fighting for what you believe should not stop at democracy.

I'm sure your run of the mill terrorist has the same justification, actually. It is getting old though, don't think anyone here is willing to entertain your batshit idea.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:So you prefer the United States to remain small and primitive compared to all the other nations in the world. World War 2 would have been a doozy with the U.S. small as you want it to be.

FDR pretty much ignored all the warning signs for Pearl Harbor. The size of government does not indicate how primitive a nation is.
Post War America wrote:

Where did I imply that I want slavery to be legal? I follow the constitution as it currently is. It's just the 16th Amendment that gets on my nerves.

Erm. The US cut off oil to Japan, with the likely intention of starting a provocation since the Japanese war machine was reliant on those imports. The American public didn't want to get involved and supported neutrality, not so much the government. And it's likely the US was aware an attack was coming, given the prior embargo, the routine and continual promises from Japan, and the absence of some of our fleet, notably carriers from Pearl Harbour during the attack, our response at Midway, and the fact oil reserves on Oahu were spared by the Japanese during the attack (whether an incidental blunder, or an intentional move). I'd wager the government knew full well an attack was coming.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:09 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:52 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-says-americans-dont-show-trump-enough-respect/ar-AAtM40b?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Putin trying half-hearted damage control. Better have security detail posted on Mueller.

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

The 17 amendments after the Bill of Rights have furthered the size and advancement of the government so I’d say it’s following the constitution well enough.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
Authoritarian leftist as a means to a libertarian socialist end. Civic nationalist and American patriot. Democracy is non-negotiable. Uniting humanity, fixing our planet and venturing out into the stars is the overarching goal. Jaded and broken yet I persist.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:46 am

Northern Davincia wrote:

The US government follows the constitution, as determined by the United States Supreme Court. Unlike you, they actually have the authority to declare an action unconstitutional. And according to them, the US is completely in line.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General