NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread IX: Korea, The Dreamers and Trump

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Like anyone else they can be fired without a word as to what. However if the president where stupid enough to say it was because they are Muslim, then the president would be breaking the law.

Sure, but your initial statement was "Not true", to Kramania saying that it was quite easy to terminate someone just by telling them they were fired.

He wasn't exactly talking about which times would it be legal and which times wouldn't. He just said it was quite easy, which is true.

Granted I was trying to be a bit more specific but it was unneeded.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:
I still haven't figured out if it's deliberate dishonesty or if so many Trump supporters are just legitimately too dense to understand the concept that just because we may have wanted Comey fired for his behavior during the election doesn't make it hypocritical to question the timing and method of his firing.

Pro Tip: we don't actually care about Comey, we care about the President firing the Director of the FBI by surprise for the apparent reason that he refused to make investigations the President doesnt like go away.

I can criticize Trump's blatant attempts to shut down politically inconvenient investigations and simultaneously enjoy James Comey's humiliation and dismissal because he apparently never learned that you can't half-ass being a partisan hack in a position like that, it's all or nothing.

The evidence that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: none.

Thanks, come again!

There is also no other evidence he did it for any other reason.

Ever heard of motive?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:33 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Kramania wrote:The evidence that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: none.

Thanks, come again!

Ever heard of motive?

People act like the Lester Holt interview never happened.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:07 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Kramania wrote:The evidence that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: none.

Thanks, come again!

Ever heard of motive?

The mere fact that he fired Comey for investigating the Russian connections is obstruction of justice in and of itself. It doesn't particularly matter if he had other reasons, or what said reasons would be even if they existed.

Simply put, firing the person investigating something inconvenient to you for the expressed purpose of them investigating you is obstructing justice, regardless of whether or not there are other reasons to doing so, even if valid. He opened Pandora's box on himself in this one by admitting it. People would have had a point that there is no indication of him obstructing justice, except for the fact that Trump couldn't keep his damn trap shut for 5 minutes.

Now, the problem is this isn't really enough to pass political muster for impeachment, even though it is grounds for doing so. It's not quite "bad" enough to sell to the public. What will be bad enough is if it becomes clear that actual collusion occurred, as that would mean that Trump obstructed justice in order to hide possible crimes rather than obstructed justice because he is a god damn idiot. People are willing to accept the President being a moron. Probably less so if everything is true.
Last edited by Seangoli on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:
I still haven't figured out if it's deliberate dishonesty or if so many Trump supporters are just legitimately too dense to understand the concept that just because we may have wanted Comey fired for his behavior during the election doesn't make it hypocritical to question the timing and method of his firing.

Pro Tip: we don't actually care about Comey, we care about the President firing the Director of the FBI by surprise for the apparent reason that he refused to make investigations the President doesnt like go away.

I can criticize Trump's blatant attempts to shut down politically inconvenient investigations and simultaneously enjoy James Comey's humiliation and dismissal because he apparently never learned that you can't half-ass being a partisan hack in a position like that, it's all or nothing.

Thanks, come again!

Kramania wrote:
Seangoli wrote:
Well, it's not like Trump is on tape in a public interview stating that he fired Comey because Comey was investigating Russian ties to his campaign. No, no, that would surely not be the case.

He said that was the sole reason he fired Comey, eh?

The evidence Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: Trump's own words.

Kramania: But he didn't say that was the only reason!

Do you do this to be funny?
Last edited by AiliailiA on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:12 pm

AiliailiA wrote:
Kramania wrote:

Thanks, come again!

Kramania wrote:He said that was the sole reason he fired Comey, eh?

The evidence Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: Trump's own words.

Trump said he "considered" it.

Which makes sense since he knew there would be political blowback if he fired Comey.

That better?
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Hittanryan wrote:

Thanks, come again!

So you know better than the Special Counsel and the entire investigation? You know that Trump didn't do it? Why haven't you gone public?

This is why there is an investigation in the first place.

No evidence has yet been released demonstrating collusion.

This isn't hard.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Kramania wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:So you know better than the Special Counsel and the entire investigation? You know that Trump didn't do it? Why haven't you gone public?

This isn't hard.

The 'no evidence' thing is a bit disingenuous. There is no evidence I colluded with Russia. As a result, there is not currently a growing investigation against me.

However, there is cause to believe that Trump indeed did collude and as a result there is a growing investigation against him.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Kramania wrote:No evidence has yet been released demonstrating collusion.

This isn't hard.

The 'no evidence' thing is a bit disingenuous. There is no evidence I colluded with Russia. As a result, there is not currently a growing investigation against me.

However, there is cause to believe that Trump indeed did collude and as a result there is a growing investigation against him.

And yet no evidence he did has actually been revealed thus far.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Kramania wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The 'no evidence' thing is a bit disingenuous. There is no evidence I colluded with Russia. As a result, there is not currently a growing investigation against me.

Yeah, because Mueller is doing his job. Not revealing evidence before the conclusion of an investigation is kinda how things are supposed to go.
Last edited by Camicon on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Camicon wrote:
Kramania wrote:And yet no evidence he did has actually been revealed thus far.

Yeah, because Mueller is doing his job. Not revealing evidence before the conclusion of an investigation is kinda how things are supposed to go.

Right. And until any evidence is revealed any claims that Trump colluded will continue to be baseless and without evidence.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Why don't we just wait and see what the investigation turns up? Trump sure is great at acting really guilty but only time will tell what the final result is of the investigation.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Albrenia wrote:Why don't we just wait and see what the investigation turns up? Trump sure is great at acting really guilty but only time will tell what the final result is of the investigation.

Because that's too hard and we know he colluded because reasons so impeach him already.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Kramania wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The 'no evidence' thing is a bit disingenuous. There is no evidence I colluded with Russia. As a result, there is not currently a growing investigation against me.

I feel like I just covered this...
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Kramania wrote:
AiliailiA wrote:

Trump said he "considered" it.

Which makes sense since he knew there would be political blowback if he fired Comey.

That better?

No, it's not. Your claim that there is NO EVIDENCE has been quoted by a half dozen posters, you have had your nose rubbed in it. YOU WERE WRONG.

A new form of words to qualify or explain away how the evidence isn't very strong is simply not enough. You could do that a hundred times, the original statement would still be wrong.

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

Thanks, come again!

I ask again, did you say that to be funny?
Last edited by AiliailiA on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Albrenia wrote:Why don't we just wait and see what the investigation turns up? Trump sure is great at acting really guilty but only time will tell what the final result is of the investigation.

I get the distinct feeling that the investigation will not be concluded by the new director, if it will even continue while a new director is appointed.

Meanwhile, we are expected to believe that this is all respectable and legitimate.

I would also like to mention, the difference between Clinton and Trump is that her investigation was concluded, and then a new one begun... She has been investigated thoroughly, and particularly during a time when Republicans swarmed the Congress and pressed the investigation in order to find SOMETHING to implicate her of wrongdoing.

Trump, on the other hand, is actively trying to obstruct his own investigation.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Kramania wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:So you know better than the Special Counsel and the entire investigation? You know that Trump didn't do it? Why haven't you gone public?

This isn't hard.

Maybe because they're doing this little thing called an "Investigation."

Please don't tell me you'd release info during an investigation? If you do I recommend you never work in any law profession, cause you'd suck at it if that was the case.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Kramania wrote:And yet no evidence he did has actually been revealed thus far.

I feel like I just covered this...

You said there is "reason to believe" he did. "Reason to believe" is not evidence. You essentially said something so useless it's a wonder you posted it.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:50 pm

AiliailiA wrote:
Kramania wrote:Trump said he "considered" it.

That better?

No, it's not. Your claim that there is NO EVIDENCE has been quoted by a half dozen posters, you have had your nose rubbed in it. YOU WERE WRONG.

A new form of words to qualify or explain away how the evidence isn't very strong is simply not enough. You could do that a hundred times, the original statement would still be wrong.

Kramania wrote:

Thanks, come again!

You've yet to disprove anything I've said.

You're not nearly as clever as you think you are, and your incredibly long-winded posts are almost always useless.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Kramania wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I feel like I just covered this...

You said there is "reason to believe" he did. "Reason to believe" is not evidence. You essentially said something so useless it's a wonder you posted it.

I think we all need to sit down and remember that the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt", not "he might have lol"
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:53 pm

The FBI investigation would be over by now if there was literally no evidence. On the other hand, it would also be over (with a recommendation of prosecution) if the evidence was really strong. There's something, we don't know what it is, but it's probably not damning of Trump personally.

Damn it will be messy if there's a criminal case against one of Trump's family. He'd pardon them of course, and for some bizarre reason the constitution gives a gloss of legitimacy even to such blatant criminal collusion by the President, but there would be a huge political cost for Trump. Even more than Ford suffered, since Ford was over in the US House when the crimes occurred.
Kramania wrote:
AiliailiA wrote:

You've yet to disprove anything I've said.

You're not nearly as clever as you think you are, and your incredibly long-winded posts are almost always useless.

Well if we're going to get personal: you're a liar.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Kramania wrote:
Camicon wrote:Yeah, because Mueller is doing his job. Not revealing evidence before the conclusion of an investigation is kinda how things are supposed to go.

Right. And until any evidence is revealed any claims that Trump colluded will continue to be baseless and without evidence.

Oh, there is plenty of evidence already in the public domain, because Trump was stupid enough to... well, do it publicly. The question now is whether that evidence will lead to impeachment, or a trial, which we won't know until the investigation is concluded and all evidence made public.
Last edited by Camicon on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Kramania wrote:
Camicon wrote:Yeah, because Mueller is doing his job. Not revealing evidence before the conclusion of an investigation is kinda how things are supposed to go.

His own son fucking revealed it.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Kramania wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I feel like I just covered this...

I said 'reason to believe' because I was trying to avoid a semantic wank involving a legalistic interpretation of 'evidence' that no post on a forum or casual conversation would warrant but a pedant desperate to come up with piece of driftwood no matter how small to hang a defense of Trump on would jump all over.

Because anyone not twisting themselves into some sort of ridiculous pretzel would know that legalistic evidence comes at the end of an investigation but starting an investigation, especially one that keeps expanding its scope, knows that it happens for a reason. A reason to believe or to say it another way, evidence.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Kramania wrote:You said there is "reason to believe" he did. "Reason to believe" is not evidence. You essentially said something so useless it's a wonder you posted it.

I think we all need to sit down and remember that the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt", not "he might have lol"

Nationstates posts are not courts of law.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General