NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread IX: Korea, The Dreamers and Trump

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Kramania wrote:Oh it's quite easy to terminate.

All the president has to do is say "you're fired".

Not true. For instance the president cannot fire someone for being Muslim.

If he isn't breaking the law by doing so then he can fire him. And if he randomly chooses to fire him for no reason then he can.
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Kramania wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Impeach him.

We can add "is a fool" to the reasons for impeachment.

You can't just impeach someone because you don't like them.

Sorry. If you could have then I would have impeached Obama.

Obama was a fool? In what way?
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Corrian wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Not true. For instance the president cannot fire someone for being Muslim.

Since when?

Since anti discrimination laws went into effect. Even the president falls within their purview. The president may be the head of the executive branch but he does not have unilateral power.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Myrensis wrote:
Kramania wrote:The president is the executive branch. He can fire the FBI director any time he wants to for any reason. He can fire them because he doesn't like the color of their tie.

It's funny because people like you wanted him fired about 2 seconds before Trump fired him because he reopened the email investigation.

I still haven't figured out if it's deliberate dishonesty or if so many Trump supporters are just legitimately too dense to understand the concept that just because we may have wanted Comey fired for his behavior during the election doesn't make it hypocritical to question the timing and method of his firing.

Pro Tip: we don't actually care about Comey, we care about the President firing the Director of the FBI by surprise for the apparent reason that he refused to make investigations the President doesnt like go away.

I can criticize Trump's blatant attempts to shut down politically inconvenient investigations and simultaneously enjoy James Comey's humiliation and dismissal because he apparently never learned that you can't half-ass being a partisan hack in a position like that, it's all or nothing.

The evidence that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: none.

Thanks, come again!

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Kramania wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Not true. For instance the president cannot fire someone for being Muslim.

If he isn't breaking the law by doing so then he can fire him. And if he randomly chooses to fire him for no reason then he can.

I doubt that is the case given that federal employees have protections. now I am not certain if that pertains to cabinet or upper level positions.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:
I still haven't figured out if it's deliberate dishonesty or if so many Trump supporters are just legitimately too dense to understand the concept that just because we may have wanted Comey fired for his behavior during the election doesn't make it hypocritical to question the timing and method of his firing.

Pro Tip: we don't actually care about Comey, we care about the President firing the Director of the FBI by surprise for the apparent reason that he refused to make investigations the President doesnt like go away.

I can criticize Trump's blatant attempts to shut down politically inconvenient investigations and simultaneously enjoy James Comey's humiliation and dismissal because he apparently never learned that you can't half-ass being a partisan hack in a position like that, it's all or nothing.

Thanks, come again!

That would be what is being investigated, among other things.
Just A Little though

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

Thanks, come again!

Which is why Mueller's special prosecutor investigation is coming up with nothing instead of hiring lawyers who specialize in white collar crimes- oh wait.

Also...

Trump says he considered 'this Russia thing' before firing FBI Director Comey
Last edited by Gauthier on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Corrian wrote:Since when?

Since anti discrimination laws went into effect. Even the president falls within their purview. The president may be the head of the executive branch but he does not have unilateral power.

What are you talking about? Obama was clearly a dictator wielding unlimited unilateral power.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

Thanks, come again!

As of yet. Also we have no evidence that it's not the case. It's kinda why there's an investigation, which doesn't mean that Trump is guilty or innocent.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Kramania wrote:Oh it's quite easy to terminate.

All the president has to do is say "you're fired".

Not true. For instance the president cannot fire someone for being Muslim.

Actually, he can.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Kramania wrote:The evidence that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: none.

Thanks, come again!

Which is why Mueller's special prosecutor investigation is coming up with nothing instead of hiring lawyers who specialize in white collar crimes- oh wait.

White collar crimes =/= obstruction of justice
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

Thanks, come again!

Well, it's not like Trump is on tape in a public interview stating that he fired Comey because Comey was investigating Russian ties to his campaign. No, no, that would surely not be the case.
Last edited by Seangoli on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:

Actually, he can.

At the lower levels no he cannot. Federal anti discrimination laws still hold for the federal government.
Just A Little though

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Kramania wrote:The evidence that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation: none.

Thanks, come again!

Well, it's not like Trump is on tape in a public interview stating that he fired Comey because Comey wouldn't end the investigation involving Russian ties to his campaign.

Tape is not Lester Holt.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Actually, he can.

At the lower levels no he cannot. Federal anti discrimination laws still hold for the federal government.

The director of the FBI is not a lower level federal employee
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Actually, he can.

The FBI Director is not the lower levels.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Seangoli wrote:

Thanks, come again!

Well, it's not like Trump is on tape in a public interview stating that he fired Comey because Comey was investigating Russian ties to his campaign. No, no, that would surely not be the case.

He said that was the sole reason he fired Comey, eh?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:At the lower levels no he cannot. Federal anti discrimination laws still hold for the federal government.

The director of the FBI is not a lower level federal employee
true but I am pretty sure anti discrimination laws still apply to top level officials. The president of the us is not above the la. They just don't hace the additional protections those lower down have.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Actually, he can.

The FBI director is a position that works by appointment and confirmation, but it works with the firing system of "at the pleasure of the president", meaning Trump doesn't need to give a reason why he's firing the current sitting director, he just has to say the word.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Kramania wrote:
Seangoli wrote:

He said that was the sole reason he fired Comey, eh?

This part is relevant now?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Neutraligon wrote:At the lower levels no he cannot. Federal anti discrimination laws still hold for the federal government.

The FBI director is a position that works by appointment and confirmation, but it works with the firing system of "at the pleasure of the president", meaning Trump doesn't need to give a reason why he's firing the current sitting director, he just has to say the word.

Like anyone else they can be fired without a word as to what. However if the president where stupid enough to say it was because they are Muslim, then the president would be breaking the law.
Just A Little though

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Kramania wrote:He said that was the sole reason he fired Comey, eh?

This part is relevant now?

Do you actually debate or do you just do hit and run type stuff?

You're quite pathetic. Begone.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Like anyone else they can be fired without a word as to what. However if the president where stupid enough to say it was because they are Muslim, then the president would be breaking the law.

Sure, but your initial statement was "Not true", to Kramania saying that it was quite easy to terminate someone just by telling them they were fired.

He wasn't exactly talking about which times would it be legal and which times wouldn't. He just said it was quite easy, which is true.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Kramania wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:This part is relevant now?

Do you actually debate or do you just do hit and run type stuff?

You're quite pathetic. Begone.

I'm just trying to clarify your questions. I'm sorry this troubles you.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Kramania wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

Thanks, come again!

So you know better than the Special Counsel and the entire investigation? You know that Trump didn't do it? Why haven't you gone public?

This is why there is an investigation in the first place.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General