NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread IX: Korea, The Dreamers and Trump

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Clintonburge wrote:Why do the threads fill up so quickly? Is it Trump controversy and debates?

Most likely.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Clintonburge wrote:Why do the threads fill up so quickly? Is it Trump controversy and debates?

If there's one silver lining to Trump's presidency, it's that his handling of the office has made people less politically apathetic. Unfortunately, not necessarily with the right focus.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:21 pm

It sad looking at far right T_D and news sites like Breitbart that are bashing undocumented children who have come into the country at no fault of their own. I wish we had a more compassionate government. Hopefully Canada will take these children if Congress doesn't act.

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Frenequesta wrote:

If there's one silver lining to Trump's presidency, it's that his handling of the office has made people less politically apathetic. Unfortunately, not necessarily with the right focus.

I don't know about that mate. Got any sources/statistics?

Many people are not happy with the current political process that gave us two bad choices.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:24 pm

Clintonburge wrote:It sad looking at far right T_D and news sites like Breitbart that are bashing undocumented children who have come into the country at no fault of their own. I wish we had a more compassionate government. Hopefully Canada will take these children if Congress doesn't act.

Wait until the economy gets kicked in the crotch from the mass deportations.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Clintonburge wrote:It sad looking at far right T_D and news sites like Breitbart that are bashing undocumented children who have come into the country at no fault of their own. I wish we had a more compassionate government. Hopefully Canada will take these children if Congress doesn't act.

Wait until the economy gets kicked in the crotch from the mass deportations.

But Trump said all America's problems would be fixed if all the immigrants were removed.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010

Postby Frenequesta » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Clintonburge wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:If there's one silver lining to Trump's presidency, it's that his handling of the office has made people less politically apathetic. Unfortunately, not necessarily with the right focus.

I don't know about that mate. Got any sources/statistics?

Many people are not happy with the current political process that gave us two bad choices.

Well, people only post here when they care about the current situation, no? And not being happy with the system does not mean that one doesn't care what it brings about.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Just heard an argument outside my window:

One woman told another woman to go back to her country, then the woman replied that she was born here and then an argument broke out. Wow, Trump is really hitting close to home.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Clintonburge wrote:Just heard an argument outside my window:

One woman told another woman to go back to her country, then the woman replied that she was born here and then an argument broke out. Wow, Trump is really hitting close to home.

If you're dark skinned you're automatically a foreigner, duh.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 pm

What makes you think these people will have a choice as to where they're going, if they're deported? They go back to the country their parents came from. That they've never lived there makes no difference.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Report: Country That Might Shut Down Because President Wants Big Wall Somehow Considered Best In The World

WASHINGTON—A new report released Tuesday by the Pew Research Center has found that the country that might completely shut down because the president wants a big wall is somehow considered the best in the world. The study determined that the 241-year-old federal republic, whose entire government may soon cease to function on account of the head of state’s desire for a big, tall, and thick wall stretching all the way from one side of the water to the other side of the water, remains widely viewed as an exemplary nation and the preeminent achievement in democratic governance. The report also revealed that the country continues to be regarded as a paragon of excellence and a refuge for all humanity despite its commander-in-chief risking the loss of billions of dollars in potential revenue and the termination of vital public services because he really, really wants the big concrete wall and wants it now. Researchers confirmed that this nation, which may grind to a halt due to the leader’s demand for a big, giant, cement wall, is absolutely convinced that every other nation should be just like it.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

What makes you think these people will have a choice as to where they're going, if they're deported? They go back to the country their parents came from. That they've never lived there makes no difference.

Of course they don't have a choice, especially with Trump's hard line immigration policies in place. I'm saying that its not compassionate and is against the embracing of immigrants that America, as a nation, does.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" - Statue of Liberty
Last edited by Clintonburge on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Born in East L.A. on a massive scale and much less funny.

Kekistonia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kekistonia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:41 pm

People seem confused. This isn't about immigrants, children, compassion, or hatred. This is about rescinding an unconstitutional overreach of executive power that granted 800,000 foreign nationals living on American soil exemption from American law. It doesn't matter who violates it, or what you think of it, the law must be upheld.
Lord Protector of Kekistani Republic .

COMMUNISM is a temporary setback on the road to FREEDOM! Better dead than RED! Also, YOUR MEMES ARE TRASH!

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Kekistonia wrote:People seem confused. This isn't about immigrants, children, compassion, or hatred. This is about rescinding an unconstitutional overreach of executive power that granted 800,000 foreign nationals living on American soil exemption from American law. It doesn't matter who violates it, or what you think of it, the law must be upheld.

So what makes it unconstitutional?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Kekistonia wrote:People seem confused. This isn't about immigrants, children, compassion, or hatred. This is about rescinding an unconstitutional overreach of executive power that granted 800,000 foreign nationals living on American soil exemption from American law. It doesn't matter who violates it, or what you think of it, the law must be upheld.

Unconstitutional like Trump's Muslim ban done by Executive Order?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:44 pm

About the North Korea thing, given the Trump businesses outsource, likely to China, I very much doubt he will stop allowing trade with China.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Neutraligon wrote:About the North Korea thing, given the Trump businesses outsource, likely to China, I very much doubt he will stop allowing trade with China.

Dude just won a court case to allow him to trademark his name over there. He ain't gonna do shit to them.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Clintonburge
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Clintonburge » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Neutraligon wrote:About the North Korea thing, given the Trump businesses outsource, likely to China, I very much doubt he will stop allowing trade with China.

Oh yea, has Trump forgotten that most of his products are made in China? How can he ban trade with them?

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Clintonburge wrote:

Oh yea, has Trump forgotten that most of his products are made in China? How can he ban trade with them?

He won't. For once we can be grateful that Trump has the...personality...he has.
Just A Little though

Kekistonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kekistonia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Vassenor wrote:

It directly flies in the face of immigration laws already passed by congress.

COMMUNISM is a temporary setback on the road to FREEDOM! Better dead than RED! Also, YOUR MEMES ARE TRASH!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Clintonburge wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:What makes you think these people will have a choice as to where they're going, if they're deported? They go back to the country their parents came from. That they've never lived there makes no difference.

Of course they don't have a choice, especially with Trump's hard line immigration policies in place. I'm saying that its not compassionate and is against the embracing of immigrants that America, as a nation, does.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" - Statue of Liberty

Considering how long there has been dislike towards certain immigrant groups over the course of America's history, I am surprised we have that message.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Kekistonia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

It directly flies in the face of immigration laws already passed by congress.

That doesn't make what he did unconstitutional. The president has the right to direct the resources of the various government agencies. That means if he tell people to focus on criminals instead of those brought over as children, he is in no way breaking any law.
Just A Little though

Kekistonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kekistonia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Clintonburge wrote:

That was upheld by the Supreme Court. DACA was not.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Kekistonia wrote:
Clintonburge wrote:

That was upheld by the Supreme Court. DACA was not.

Ergo any law not brought before the Supreme Court is de facto unconstitutional?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General