NATION

PASSWORD

TET to the Future: Marty, We're Going Blaat!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:53 pm

The Chuck wrote:
Pacomia wrote:☭⚒︎Give the proletariat the bank and they can convert all.⚒︎☭ Join us, Chuck.

God damn Commies... How about this, you take Cascadia and California and split from the union. I'll wait for all eternity... :lol2:

That’s all we needed to hear.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Pacomia wrote:
The Chuck wrote:
God damn Commies... How about this, you take Cascadia and California and split from the union. I'll wait for all eternity... :lol2:

That’s all we needed to hear.

Bugger off then. We'll just use you as a weapons testing range for our M.I.C. :p
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Pacomia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:01 pm

The Chuck wrote:
Pacomia wrote:That’s all we needed to hear.

Bugger off then. We'll just use you as a weapons testing range for our M.I.C. :p

If you join us we’ll give you our guns.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.

This user is a male.

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Pacomia wrote:
The Chuck wrote:

If you join us we’ll give you our guns.

Pfft, you have like what, an antique single shot from 1849 and a couple pistols seized from the gangs. :rofl:
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Pacomia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:08 pm

The Chuck wrote:
Pacomia wrote:If you join us we’ll give you our guns.

Pfft, you have like what, an antique single shot from 1849 and a couple pistols seized from the gangs. :rofl:

Just the entire military stockpile of the Soviet Union.

This user is a male.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:20 pm

I couldn't stand an office job if I were seriously expected to attend after work gatherings, do gossip, and other such nonsense.

I want to be at a job to work, not to make friends.

Being more of a drone suits me better. I want to show up on the dot, do only the activities that're expected as professionally and excellently as possible, and leave on the dot every single day. And not have workplace politics, drama, and other distractions muck stuff up for me.

Everywhere I go I'm "not a good enough fit" and I wind up only resenting whoever or whatever might be the cause. Ideally, they should adapt to me and I shouldn't have to adapt to them. But if they outnumber me, I have to roll with whatever they want even if deep down- I despise having to impress anyone or any group if I feel only the results I bring to a business in terms of productivity or money should matter.

It seems in this world, you often can't be yourself if yourself its not good enough and you have to at least fake a certain persona while on the clock, even if you'd be completely different if you had free reign to do or be as you wished.

There has just got to be a career path out there, where you aren't penalized for not mixing business with pleasure. Where you could do things on your own and have only the work you do matter, rather than who likes or who hates you within some corporate hierarchy.
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Saiwania wrote:I couldn't stand an office job if I were seriously expected to attend after work gatherings, do gossip, and other such nonsense.

Being more of a drone suits me better. I want to show up on the dot, do only the activities that're expected as professionally and excellently as possible, and leave on the dot every single day. And not have workplace politics, drama, and other distractions muck stuff up for me.

Everywhere I go I'm "not a good enough fit" and I wind up only resenting whoever or whatever might be the cause. Ideally, they should adapt to me and I shouldn't have to adapt to them. But if they outnumber me, I have to roll with whatever they want even if deep down- I despise having to impress anyone or any group if I feel only the results I bring to a business in terms of productivity or money should matter.

It seems in this world, you often can't be yourself if yourself its not good enough and you have to at least fake a certain persona while on the clock, even if you'd be completely different if you had free reign to do or be as you wished.

There has just got to be a career path out there, where you aren't penalized for not mixing business with pleasure.

You’re being paid to act, to be an actor basically.

Take your personality and cut it in two or more. The one on the clock, the one off it, and maybe a different one somewhere else.

If you get to go home at 5 wherever you work at/worked at I’d say that’s a huge plus in this day and age.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Saiwania wrote:I couldn't stand an office job if I were seriously expected to attend after work gatherings, do gossip, and other such nonsense.

There has just got to be a career path out there, where you aren't penalized for not mixing business with pleasure.

You’re being paid to act, to be an actor basically.

Take your personality and cut it in two or more. The one on the clock, the one off it, and maybe a different one somewhere else.

If you get to go home at 5 wherever you work at/worked at I’d say that’s a huge plus in this day and age.

Bonus points for Saiwana running for president

Wait Saiwana as president… :shock:
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Bonus points for Saiwana running for president

Wait Saiwana as president… :shock:

It'd be better than Blaat. :p

Chuck would be an epic US president

Imagine him, president of US while I may or may not end up PM (or President) of Iceland

or you as US president :p
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:31 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Chuck would be an epic US president

Imagine him, president of US while I may or may not end up PM (or President) of Iceland

*Makes Final Fantasy day a national holiday*

I imagine a Chuck presidency will end up turning US gun policy into what Iceland has basically
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Pacomia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:It'd be better than Blaat. :p

Chuck would be an epic US president

Thinking of running for my state senator/governor at a slightly later point in my life. President doesn’t sound fun or like a good job.

This user is a male.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:I imagine a Chuck presidency will end up turning US gun policy into what Iceland has basically

Meanwhile I'm reforming USA to a videogame based economy. :p

Just a question, how much success have you had in your political career?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Just a question, how much success have you had in your political career?

...This is my first time running for office.

IIRC, didn't you lose to that Mr. Price fellow?
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord wrote:
IIRC, didn't you lose to that Mr. Price fellow?

Who?

Dean Price. IIRC, he was your rival in the race for Treasurer.
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Just a question, how much success have you had in your political career?

...This is my first time running for office.

Ah, ok… any prior experience in politics in general (For example, I was the chief secretary of the Independence Party’s chapter in my Uni)
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:...This is my first time running for office.

Ah, ok… any prior experience in politics in general (For example, I was the chief secretary of the Independence Party’s chapter in my Uni)

Independence Party? Are you referring to UKIP or are you referring to something else entirely? I mean, aren't you Icelandic?

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Maybe stop being a nazi and shape up? No offense.

If that were possible, I would. It isn't quite so easy to go against what you're hardwired for. If Incels are simply people who're hardwired in a way as to be unable to get a relationship, it'd definitely be far easier for such a person to conclude that its their fate to be forever alone and to simply quit trying and move onto solitary interests. Than to do the far more difficult effort of redefining themselves and purposely not doing things how they normally would with regards to other people.
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Ah, ok… any prior experience in politics in general (For example, I was the chief secretary of the Independence Party’s chapter in my Uni)

Independence Party? Are you referring to UKIP or are you referring to something else entirely? I mean, aren't you Icelandic?

This one, locally known as Sjálfstæðisflokkurinn
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Dean Price. IIRC, he was your rival in the race for Treasurer.

Oh right. Well no actually there was a technical difficulty, I was not registered as a Dem yet-which I need to do like now thanks for reminding me-because my fostermom registered me as independent while I thought she registered me as Democrat.

Really? That's somewhat disappointing. Maybe next time?

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Also, how'd you hear about that? I just don't remember talking to you bout it is all, there's no issue. Also me and Dean Price get along very well.

Internet detective-work. I won't reveal anything else, because I don't wish to inadvertently dox you. I mean, I'm not the Farms, for goodness sake!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:47 pm

I just realized I have finished all the books I had to in my half finished list. Which means, time to buy more books! \o/
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Neko-koku
Minister

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neko-koku » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Some fun East Kekistani research.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41928-019-0286-2
We are mutant Japanese kitty cats that have taken over a post-human world which was destroyed due to human hatred towards other humans.

Pacomia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Khrushchev was the best Soviet Premier

This user is a male.

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:40 pm

Pacomia wrote:Khrushchev was the best Soviet Premier

What is this?
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Pacomia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Kowani wrote:
Pacomia wrote:Khrushchev was the best Soviet Premier

What is this?

The truth.

This user is a male.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Ah, ok… any prior experience in politics in general (For example, I was the chief secretary of the Independence Party’s chapter in my Uni)

I'm a activist, being appointed as a PCP soon, and I have spent years debating on NSG if that means anything, and sharpening my views. :p

Wait until I have my Ominous Loom and Red-Text cannons perfected, okay?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General