NATION

PASSWORD

How to tell if a girl doesn't mind virginity?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:56 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
Thats called a wash. Prenups are insurance my friend, God gave them to us for a reason.

They're not "insurance", because you can guarantee opposing council will find loopholes in said agreement that will result in you getting screwed. Not only that, prenup agreements openly suggest that you have no faith in the marriage lasting.

Your first sentence was raw defeatism and willful overlooking of a solution to suit your worldview. The second is a misunderstanding. I don't buy insurance because I'm sure I'll have an accident in my car. I buy it just in case. Same applies for a pre nup.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:58 am

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
Indeed. But the point still stands being married to some one who doesnt want to be isn't fun, and I would rather be unmarried,.....

Unless it's bree Olsen and she is willing to fake it.

..... I would go for that.

You make it hard, on this one, to say otherwise.

Bree Olsen tends to do that :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:03 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
Prenups basically say "I don't trust you".

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does. You sign a prenup, you're basically asking for divorce.

The East Marches II wrote:Your first sentence was raw defeatism and willful overlooking of a solution to suit your worldview. The second is a misunderstanding. I don't buy insurance because I'm sure I'll have an accident in my car. I buy it just in case. Same applies for a pre nup.

Insurance is "just in case" (or required by law in some jurisdictions). Prenups are not insurance at all because the courts system will find a loophole in the agreement, and it is guaranteeing that a marriage will fail.

And it's not raw defeatism or overlooking anything. Divorces bring out the absolute worst in people, and the family court system is stacked against men. What I am saying happens all the time not just in the US but virtually every other Western country and even in some non-Western countries with Western-style legal systems and marriage laws.

If you want to make the argument that "feels are more important than reals" then go ahead, but you will not convince me otherwise.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:05 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
They're not "insurance", because you can guarantee opposing council will find loopholes in said agreement that will result in you getting screwed. Not only that, prenup agreements openly suggest that you have no faith in the marriage lasting.

Your first sentence was raw defeatism and willful overlooking of a solution to suit your worldview. The second is a misunderstanding. I don't buy insurance because I'm sure I'll have an accident in my car. I buy it just in case. Same applies for a pre nup.

Honestly, I do understand the sentiment. I used to have that sentiment before: "Why would I ever sign on a prenup? My wife should love me and stay with me all my life or not marry at all".

Now, I don't think that way. I think that prenups are for both the benefit of the spouse who initiates the prenup and the benefit of the spouse who complies to the prenup.

In a particularly bad marriage and divorce, it can be hard to remain balanced and give the other person enough to not be financially crippled after the divorce without one because we want to fuck them over and their dog. Prenups ensure that both parties go out of the marriage with good financial terms, if drawn up accordingly.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
No, it doesn't.

The East Marches II wrote:Your first sentence was raw defeatism and willful overlooking of a solution to suit your worldview. The second is a misunderstanding. I don't buy insurance because I'm sure I'll have an accident in my car. I buy it just in case. Same applies for a pre nup.

Insurance is "just in case" (or required by law in some jurisdictions). Prenups are not insurance at all because the courts system will find a loophole in the agreement, and it is guaranteeing that a marriage will fail.

And it's not raw defeatism or overlooking anything. Divorces bring out the absolute worst in people, and the family court system is stacked against men. What I am saying happens all the time not just in the US but virtually every other Western country and even in some non-Western countries with Western-style legal systems and marriage laws.

If you want to make the argument that "feels are more important than reals" then go ahead, but you will not convince me otherwise.

Yeah m8, your post only confirms raw defeatism. You are gonna need proofs for the bolded :^)

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
No, it doesn't.

I have talked with the girls I had serious relationships with about financials in the case of divorce and breakups (even with my current one), and, honestly, while I might be an asshole, I don't want them to suffer financially just because I'm hurt emotionally. So if I ever marry this girl I'm dating I would, indeed, propose to sign a prenup/postnup. For their benefit more than mine, and I'd make sure my lawyer knows that I want the fairest terms out of the deal that leaves my spouse in a good financial situation after divorce without ruining me either.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 am

MGTOWism is not just a warped attempt at rationalising failure, it seems to celebrate failure as well. Sociologists will be writing about this for many years.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:12 am

Honestly, I do understand the sentiment. I used to have that sentiment before: "Why would I ever sign on a prenup? My wife should love me and stay with me all my life or not marry at all".

Now, I don't think that way. I think that prenups are for both the benefit of the spouse who initiates the prenup and the benefit of the spouse who complies to the prenup.

In a particularly bad marriage and divorce, it can be hard to remain balanced and give the other person enough to not be financially crippled after the divorce without one because we want to fuck them over and their dog. Prenups ensure that both parties go out of the marriage with good financial terms, if drawn up accordingly.

Which is unfortunate that last sentence is the legal intention and not just a private one. They put in a proviso in some states about whether it's conscionable. A prenup should be treated like any other contract, whatever is in the 4 corners of the paper go.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:34 am

Bakery Hill wrote:MGTOWism is not just a warped attempt at rationalising failure, it seems to celebrate failure as well. Sociologists will be writing about this for many years.

MGTOW is literally being confronted with a person's shitty choices in partners being the lowest common denominator and deciding it must be those evil women who have strung them all along to make those shitty choices instead of just realizing they are to blame for their shit choices in women.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:36 am

Bakery Hill wrote:MGTOWism is not just a warped attempt at rationalising failure, it seems to celebrate failure as well. Sociologists will be writing about this for many years.

MGTOW is literally being confronted with a person's shitty choices in partners being the lowest common denominator and deciding it must be those evil women who have strung them all along to make those shitty choices instead of just realizing they are to blame for their shit choices in women.

I think that's giving them far too much credit tbh
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:41 am

The East Marches II wrote:Yeah m8, your post only confirms raw defeatism. You are gonna need proofs for the bolded :^)

Come up with a better counter argument. Also, again, it's not "defeatism". It's realism. Calling it defeatism would mean it's an emotional argument. It's not. If you looked at a contract by where one party agrees to be legally and financially bound to another party that is entitled to at least half of your assets in the event of a dissolution of the contract, despite said assets not being owned by them prior to the contract, would you sign it? Look at it from a financial perspective. Would you willingly sign half of your personal savings and other property of material value away?

Which is unfortunate that last sentence is the legal intention and not just a private one. They put in a proviso in some states about whether it's conscionable. A prenup should be treated like any other contract, whatever is in the 4 corners of the paper go.

And if it's treated like any contract, you can guarantee there will be a load of fine print a person who signs contracts normally would not read until there comes a time when said contract is being terminated, and terms you agreed to are being used against you to strip you of your property and finances.

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:I have talked with the girls I had serious relationships with about financials in the case of divorce and breakups (even with my current one), and, honestly, while I might be an asshole, I don't want them to suffer financially just because I'm hurt emotionally.

I like how you seem to think that you can screw someone over in a divorce. Let's put it this way: you can act like the nicest person but if your partner wanted to, she could clean you out of everything you own, house, car, personal finances. Everything. Acting like an asshole would only ensure that you got absolutely nothing in the settlement, save for perhaps her debts because the government loves to lump divorced men with their spouse's debt (well in the US anyway).

So if I ever marry this girl I'm dating I would, indeed, propose to sign a prenup/postnup. For their benefit more than mine, and I'd make sure my lawyer knows that I want the fairest terms out of the deal that leaves my spouse in a good financial situation after divorce without ruining me either.

Oh she could easily get a good financial situation, but you wouldn't get a single cent if she didn't want you to.

And yet, it's becoming increasingly popular. Go figure. Although I wouldn't call it "failure", because what exactly are we failing to do?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:48 am

Costa Fierro wrote:

And yet, it's becoming increasingly popular. Go figure. Although I wouldn't call it "failure", because what exactly are we failing to do?

How popular is it? I've seen your reddit, me and my girlfriend check it out sometimes when we're bored. I did enjoy the spiel about how mothers are incapable of love as it is a male emotion. Over 400 upvotes.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:52 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:Yeah m8, your post only confirms raw defeatism. You are gonna need proofs for the bolded :^)

Come up with a better counter argument. Also, again, it's not "defeatism". It's realism. Calling it defeatism would mean it's an emotional argument. It's not. If you looked at a contract by where one party agrees to be legally and financially bound to another party that is entitled to at least half of your assets in the event of a dissolution of the contract, despite said assets not being owned by them prior to the contract, would you sign it? Look at it from a financial perspective. Would you willingly sign half of your personal savings and other property of material value away?

And if it's treated like any contract, you can guarantee there will be a load of fine print a person who signs contracts normally would not read until there comes a time when said contract is being terminated, and terms you agreed to are being used against you to strip you of your property and finances.

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:I have talked with the girls I had serious relationships with about financials in the case of divorce and breakups (even with my current one), and, honestly, while I might be an asshole, I don't want them to suffer financially just because I'm hurt emotionally.

I like how you seem to think that you can screw someone over in a divorce. Let's put it this way: you can act like the nicest person but if your partner wanted to, she could clean you out of everything you own, house, car, personal finances. Everything. Acting like an asshole would only ensure that you got absolutely nothing in the settlement, save for perhaps her debts because the government loves to lump divorced men with their spouse's debt (well in the US anyway).

So if I ever marry this girl I'm dating I would, indeed, propose to sign a prenup/postnup. For their benefit more than mine, and I'd make sure my lawyer knows that I want the fairest terms out of the deal that leaves my spouse in a good financial situation after divorce without ruining me either.

Oh she could easily get a good financial situation, but you wouldn't get a single cent if she didn't want you to.

Oh, don't underestimate the fact that I can screw anyone over in a deal. I can, I just have never felt the necessity to do it.

Also, with debts and partners, that's exactly what happens in a divorce without prenup: the wealthier partner ends up with the debts of both people. Women also get the debts of the man if the man is less well off. And she cleaning you off out of everything you have is exactly what happens without a prenup. I'm pretty sure a prenup that's sorted out by both parties and their lawyers is what you're looking at, here. Plenty of prenups don't go through legal arbitration, so plenty of them contain clauses that are illegal in their state so they do get thrown out. You're talking about the vast majority of people who think a prenup is some sort of informal contract. While the sort of contract I'm talking about is one that is both agreed upon by both parties, reviewed by lawyers, and notarized by a public notary.

You seem to presume too much about the American legal system, but in reality, you don't know much about it, much like other people who go to divorce court.

Also, MGTOW being popular :rofl:
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 am

And a question for you people, how does MGTOW explain me having romantic success exclusively with rich chicks?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:56 am

Bakery Hill wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

How popular is it? I've seen your reddit, me and my girlfriend check it out sometimes when we're bored. I did enjoy the spiel about how mothers are incapable of love as it is a male emotion. Over 400 upvotes.

:blink:

If this is the sort of arguments MGTOWs make, one must wonder just how really popular is it.

Because that honestly sounds deranged. To even get 400 upvotes is perturbing.

Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 am

Bakery Hill wrote:How popular is it? I've seen your reddit, me and my girlfriend check it out sometimes when we're bored. I did enjoy the spiel about how mothers are incapable of love as it is a male emotion. Over 400 upvotes.

:blink:

If this is the sort of arguments MGTOWs make, one must wonder just how really popular is it.

Because that honestly sounds deranged. To even get 400 upvotes is perturbing.

I was going to link but I honestly didn't want to.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 am

Bakery Hill wrote:And a question for you people, how does MGTOW explain me having romantic success exclusively with rich chicks?

Easy: you must probably be a cuckold who lets your rich girl sleep with other men because no Decent Mantm would ever let a woman be wealthier than he, let alone presume such a rich girl doesn't have other men in tow. Because obviously all rich women are merely Rapacious Harpiestm who are out to gut you out of your money, which is how they made all that moolah.

Or at least I imagine that's how they'd rationalize it.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 am

This is what happens to little boys who get all their information about women from MRA blogs. OP, I think you should forget everything you think you know about women and try getting to know a few as friends and equals. If you are able to set aside your stereotypes about women and stop getting your information from weird blogs than you will not need to ask these kinds of questions anymore.
Did you see a ghost?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:Prenup doesn't suggest that you think your marriage won't last.

Prenup suggests shit happens, and both sides are insured in the case something happens that the terms will be fair. Which is why you end up getting a lawyer for it.

There is never going to be enough insurance for men in divorce courts as long as said divorce courts are openly biased against men.

So let me get this straight. Essentially what you're saying is, "Divorce-courts hate men, and I'm going to lose everything if we get divorced, but I don't want to do a pre-nup because that means I don't trust my wife, even though I don't trust her in the first place because she's probably gonna do me over anyway."

It really is self-defeating, just like Marches said. You're not even giving yourself a chance to think about having a stable relationship with a woman, and when you come close you take a proverbial fountain pen and just start stabbing yourself repeatedly with it. I can understand, on one hand, being afraid of relationships if you've watched a lot of close relationships fail. But this does not mean they don't exist. It just takes work. You have to step outside of your own presuppositions and be willing to try. Otherwise, yes. Every girl you ever meet will do you over and take all of your stuff, because you'll never see outside of the girls in your mind, who are all vicious vampires waiting to suck-out your blood.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 am

Bakery Hill wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Internationalist Bastard
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Internationalist Bastard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 am

Luminesa wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

There is never going to be enough insurance for men in divorce courts as long as said divorce courts are openly biased against men.

So let me get this straight. Essentially what you're saying is, "Divorce-courts hate men, and I'm going to lose everything if we get divorced, but I don't want to do a pre-nup because that means I don't trust my wife, even though I don't trust her in the first place because she's probably gonna do me over anyway."

It really is self-defeating, just like Marches said. You're not even giving yourself a chance to think about having a stable relationship with a woman, and when you come close you take a proverbial fountain pen and just start stabbing yourself repeatedly with it. I can understand, on one hand, being afraid of relationships if you've watched a lot of close relationships fail. But this does not mean they don't exist. It just takes work. You have to step outside of your own presuppositions and be willing to try. Otherwise, yes. Every girl you ever meet will do you over and take all of your stuff, because you'll never see outside of the girls in your mind, who are all vicious vampires waiting to suck-out your blood.

But we are vampires
Call me Alex, I insist
I am a girl, damnit
Slut Pride. So like, real talk, I’m a porn actress. We’re not all bimbos. I do not give out my information or videos to avoid conflict with site policy. I’m happy to talk about the industry or my thoughts on the career but I will not be showing you any goodies. Sorry
“Whatever you are, be a good one” Abe Lincoln

Summertimequestionswine
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Summertimequestionswine » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:10 am

I would never think to just ask her of course.

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:20 am

I never understood the logic behind this sort of question - "how will she react when she learns that I'm a virgin?"
Why tell her? Why bring it up?
Are there actually women - and men - who examine their date's virginity status? If so, I luckily haven't run into them.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 am

Internationalist Bastard wrote:
Luminesa wrote:So let me get this straight. Essentially what you're saying is, "Divorce-courts hate men, and I'm going to lose everything if we get divorced, but I don't want to do a pre-nup because that means I don't trust my wife, even though I don't trust her in the first place because she's probably gonna do me over anyway."

But we are vampires

WAIT. IS THAT WHY I STAY INSIDE ALL THE TIME NOW?!
FLIP.
Brb, getting the stake.
-Alan Jackson

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:03 am

Obsession with virginity is frankly rather creepy. If being a virgin is a dealbreaker for a potential romantic partner, then they honestly are a shitty option for a partner. There really isn't any reason you'd ever have to bring it up unless both of you planned on having sex, and even then, if your partner genuinely cares for you it shouldn't be such a big deal. Everyone loses their virginity at different times. Some people never lose it. There's nothing wrong with if or when you lose it.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General