NATION

PASSWORD

Ewe Herd? Blaat's Been Called Baa-ck to TET Mother Sheep

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Gallade wrote:I dunno about Dunkin Donuts, but I have been in a Krispy Kreme.

Honestly I'm surprised that some of you aren't obese over there, it was like eating a bowl of sugared fat.

Dunkin Donuts taste slightly less sugary, but they are still donuts, and donuts are meant to have fat and sugar.

That they are, but quantity is quite an important factor.

It was an impressive feat, completely eradicating any taste of dough, vanilla, and chocolate.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 am

Immoren wrote:Today I learned that "forcing girls to use linux" is fetish for some people, but I totally don't want to learn specifics.

Fedora Linux?
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:27 am

Gallade wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:
Dunkin Donuts taste slightly less sugary, but they are still donuts, and donuts are meant to have fat and sugar.

That they are, but quantity is quite an important factor.

It was an impressive feat, completely eradicating any taste of dough, vanilla, and chocolate.

Those last five words are superfluous.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:29 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Gallade wrote:That they are, but quantity is quite an important factor.

I can see the argument for of, some and from being merged, but I think a is rather necessary. Can't have too many a's.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 am

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Weird, I got better things to force women to do then linux,

Fine, I'll put the spider outside but you're going to have to face your fears eventually.

It's an Australian Drop Spider, damm right I am afraid.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gallade wrote:Fine, I'll put the spider outside but you're going to have to face your fears eventually.

It's an Australian Drop Spider, damm right I am afraid.

Combat Homelessness

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 am

Gallade wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

I can see the argument for of, some and from being merged, but I think a is rather necessary. Can't have too many a's.

And what's weird Krispy Kreme in the south are good, the ones up here aweful.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:03 am

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:It's an Australian Drop Spider, damm right I am afraid.

St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gallade wrote:I can see the argument for of, some and from being merged, but I think a is rather necessary. Can't have too many a's.

Y'know what American chain actually had a permanent presence in Ireland and that I very much frequented - TGI Fridays. "Would you like a long island iced tea and some chicken wings?" Yes. Yes I would, very much so.

Combat Homelessness

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:09 am

Dylar wrote:
Gallade wrote:

You just need one huge spider shock to be desensitised to spiders.

When I was in Rwanda, I was hazed by the charity organisation I was volunteering for. They put one of these bad boys in my closet.

Autumn house spiders look a lot smaller these days.

Combat Homelessness

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 am

Gallade wrote:
Dylar wrote:

You just need one huge spider shock to be desensitised to spiders.

When I was in Rwanda, I was hazed by the charity organisation I was volunteering for. They put one of these bad boys in my closet.

Sweet Jesus, I'mma need a bigger flamethrower!
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 am

Dylar wrote:
Gallade wrote:You just need one huge spider shock to be desensitised to spiders.

Sweet Jesus, I'mma need a bigger flamethrower!

Grenade launcher.

Fire will just piss it off.

Combat Homelessness

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gallade wrote:I can see the argument for of, some and from being merged, but I think a is rather necessary. Can't have too many a's.

Probably a franchise thing. Or maybe if they're being baked in the South and shipped it's because they're not as fresh.

Dunkin Donuts quality varies from one franchise to the next. Like one time I went to a Dunkin Donuts at one of the airports around NY -- forget if it was Newark or Laguardia or what -- and it was absolutely terrible. But the ones in Boston are good.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am

Gallade wrote:
Dylar wrote:Sweet Jesus, I'mma need a bigger flamethrower!

Grenade launcher.

Fire will just piss it off.

Assuming that it isn't raining. Like it is right now.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 am

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Y'know what American chain actually had a permanent presence in Ireland and that I very much frequented - TGI Fridays. "Would you like a long island iced tea and some chicken wings?" Yes. Yes I would, very much so.

I ate there a lot when I was a teenager. They're not bad.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Gallade wrote:Y'know what American chain actually had a permanent presence in Ireland and that I very much frequented - TGI Fridays. "Would you like a long island iced tea and some chicken wings?" Yes. Yes I would, very much so.

I ate there a lot when I was a teenager. They're not bad.

We never had them up here when I was growing up.

Still, at least we're getting more and more American chains: Fatburger ain't bad.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:20 am

Luziyca wrote:Still, at least we're getting more and more American chains: Fatburger ain't bad.

Never heard of it. :blink:

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:21 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Still, at least we're getting more and more American chains: Fatburger ain't bad.

Yoink.

We also have the only Fuddrucker's in Canada, for some reason.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:27 am

Luziyca wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Yoink.

I guess they don't get this far east.

There was a Fuddruckers in the next town from where I lived as a kid. They're decent.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:28 am

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

And here those are aweful, one of the things that the millenials are killing off, and in this case I say, thank you.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:29 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Yoink.

I guess they don't get this far east.

There was a Fuddruckers in the next town from where I lived as a kid. They're decent.

Yeah. Though apparently, they opened a location in Regina a while back.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gallade wrote:Y'know what American chain actually had a permanent presence in Ireland and that I very much frequented - TGI Fridays. "Would you like a long island iced tea and some chicken wings?" Yes. Yes I would, very much so.

And here those are aweful, one of the things that the millenials are killing off, and in this case I say, thank you.

Are MILLENNIALS PLEASING the baby boomers?! Gen X REVILES !

Actually, scratch that, I don't think the people who write those articles would know the verb to revile.

Combat Homelessness

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:32 am

USS Monitor wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Probably a franchise thing. Or maybe if they're being baked in the South and shipped it's because they're not as fresh.

Dunkin Donuts quality varies from one franchise to the next. Like one time I went to a Dunkin Donuts at one of the airports around NY -- forget if it was Newark or Laguardia or what -- and it was absolutely terrible. But the ones in Boston are good.

Before starbucks or after starbucks. The coffee at laguardia use to be aweful no matter where you went till starbucks came around and raised the bar for everybody. I give starbucks that drinkable coffee in airports.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:37 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Before starbucks or after starbucks. The coffee at laguardia use to be aweful no matter where you went till starbucks came around and raised the bar for everybody. I give starbucks that drinkable coffee in airports.

I only had a Starbucks beverage once. It was at a hospital, so that smoothie was disgusting.

Blegh.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:And here those are aweful, one of the things that the millenials are killing off, and in this case I say, thank you.

Are MILLENNIALS PLEASING the baby boomers?! Gen X REVILES !

Actually, scratch that, I don't think the people who write those articles would know the verb to revile.

I should get into the business of writing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General